What's new

What to do?

copa1541

Hi everybody, i'm new here and i would like to ask some of you who are familiar with this what to do!
I'm from Croatia. I was in 6 month relationship with one girl and she comes from scientologist family. Her mum and dad brought scientology in Croatia and they were founders of scientology church here. I wasn't the only person who saw how her mother is manipulating with her and she coudn't do anything without here permission. Her mother didn't let her to see me for 3 weeks during the winter holidays and she called me and told me that she has to solve some things with herself and she can't go anywhere... She had to show her every message that she sent me and i could saw that she's afraid of telling her something that her mother didn't want to hear. So after a while i saw that she has problems but didn't want to tell me any of them because she was afraid and so she left me and her excuses for that were a lie and i knew that some serious s... happened and he was forced to do that although she cared about me. I really want to get here back because i really care a lot for her but if i want to do that i would have to go against her family and i get her out of scientology and that's tough part. I just want her to be really happy, not on way that scientology teaches and her parents washes her brain and they do that, i was aware the whole time we were together. so any suggestions? what would you do on my place? i know it won't be easy way, but i really want to get her out of this f****** Scientology!

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hi copa1541. There are quite a few threads on this board discussing how to get people out of Scientology. I would suggest you spend some time looking around.

There are no easy answers to this question. Most people don't leave Scientology until they are ready. It's like telling an alcoholic to stop drinking. That isn't going to happen until they want to do it for themselves.

Also, if her parents are Scientologists and she leaves Scientology then they may be forced to disconnect from her. This is a very tricky situation. Best of luck.

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Hi everybody, i'm new here and i would like to ask some of you who are familiar with this what to do!
I'm from Croatia. I was in 6 month relationship with one girl and she comes from scientologist family. Her mum and dad brought scientology in Croatia and they were founders of scientology church here. I wasn't the only person who saw how her mother is manipulating with her and she coudn't do anything without here permission. Her mother didn't let her to see me for 3 weeks during the winter holidays and she called me and told me that she has to solve some things with herself and she can't go anywhere... She had to show her every message that she sent me and i could saw that she's afraid of telling her something that her mother didn't want to hear. So after a while i saw that she has problems but didn't want to tell me any of them because she was afraid and so she left me and her excuses for that were a lie and i knew that some serious s... happened and he was forced to do that although she cared about me. I really want to get here back because i really care a lot for her but if i want to do that i would have to go against her family and i get her out of scientology and that's tough part. I just want her to be really happy, not on way that scientology teaches and her parents washes her brain and they do that, i was aware the whole time we were together. so any suggestions? what would you do on my place? i know it won't be easy way, but i really want to get her out of this f****** Scientology!

Firstly a big welcome, dobrodošli!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OxiRdgpOqs

Unfortunately you do have a big problem there, I wish you luck. I wouldn't try to take a crocodile away from it's mother and getting this girl away from her scientologist mother won't be any easier.

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
Welcome - the tentacles of the Cult of Scientology are tightly wrapped around each of these family members. One cannot be out of Scientology or the rest disconnect. RESEARCH everything you can about cults. If you tell her she is in a cult - she will fight to her death to be right and you will drive her further in. It is extremely touchy and no one knows what the right answer is but you. Seriously think about getting out of the relationship....it is like getting involved with a drug addict - scientology is the drug...everyone is an addict and if you don't become one too - you can never live a normal life. MY opinion only. It would be different if you were married and she all of a sudden found Scientology but this is someone that was breast fed the indoctrination and it runs deep.

It is a mind fuck of epic-ness. It is cruel and inhumane - it is Scientology!

Best of luck and stay in touch...read everything you can!

copa1541

Thank you all... I'll read more threads about this whole thing on forum. I know it's gonna be hard but i don't want her to live that kind of life. Her parents are really deep in this s*** and i know that they won't let her out of this so easily. I'll try to do everything i can bcs she's worth it and i don't have anything to lose! Pray for the best ;)

uniquemand

Unbeliever
My recommendation is to always remember that she is a human being, as are her parents. If you treat her with respect, and them with respect, it is possible to have a good relationship with a person who is a Scientologist, even without being drawn in, but in the end, either she will leave Scientology or you will join, or the relationship will reach a limit. It can get really complicated, but in the end it boils down to your own ability to be a critical thinker, to treat people with decency, and to hold safe boundaries: if you compromise any of these, you can become the cult's next victim. Being there for another person when they are being controlled by the Church of Scientology can be a highly difficult proposition, so ultimately, for you, it will probably be a cost/benefit analysis.