What's new

What Was Marty's Role in Trying to Stop the Australian Inquiry?

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
There was talk before that Marty Rathbun had contacted every member of the opposition to the Inquiry in Australia and lobbied them to quash it.

I think that it is important to get as many details about this out in the open as we can.

Because, if this is true, it looks like Marty is going to the RPF after all.

Does anyone have any details in Marty's role in lobbying against the Inquiry in Australia?

Markus

Silver Meritorious Patron
Well...

There was talk before that Marty Rathbun had contacted every member of the opposition to the Inquiry in Australia and lobbied them to quash it.

I think that it is important to get as many details about this out in the open as we can.

Does anyone have any details in Marty's role in lobbying against the Inquiry in Australia?

...I can tell you that I was in contact with several people which would have had many important information for me about my brother Uwe - suddenly after Marty started his blog and managed to reunite all true believers on his blog all this true believers stopped every communication with me.
It was like they were ordered to disconnect from me.

This is all I can tell about this here.

Best
Markus

Smilla

Ordinary Human
...I can tell you that I was in contact with several people which would have had many important information for me about my brother Uwe - suddenly after Marty started his blog and managed to reunite all true believers on his blog all this true believers stopped every communication with me.
It was like they were ordered to disconnect from me.

This is all I can tell about this here.

Best
Markus
Doesn't surprise me Markus. He's got a lot to hide.

OTBT

Patron Meritorious

bumpity bump

Carmel

Crusader
I'll elaborate.

Marty spoke with media and authorities in Oz. After they spoke with him, some took what he had to say on board, and/or decided it would be political suicide to run with Xenophon's story, cuz maybe it was only a change of leadership for the "Church" that was in order.

Marty's intervention hampered our efforts here in Oz. His works cost me for example, WEEKS of work to counter act. We have had lots of media here in Oz, but we lost some because of Marty's spin on the scene with Scn.

Marty pretty well shut things down in Oz, after Xenophon's address to Parliament in November. It took a shitload of time and effort to counter the crap he spun to those who we *did* have on side here.

In his blog, Marty slagged all of us for what we were doing here. In addition to that, he deceived aussie media and powers that be about the real scene. That set us back....Fuck Marty and the horse he rode in on for that.

rhill

Patron with Honors
In his blog, Marty slagged all of us for what we were doing here. In addition to that, he deceived aussie media and powers that be about the real scene. That set us back....Fuck Marty and the horse he rode in on for that.

The good side of this is that you guys probably now have a much stronger, more throughly documented case, which is a good thing.

I've been trying to locate this quote from Marty Rathbun where in brag about how Senator Xenophon is full of hot air and will fizzle or something to that effect. Anybody knows the exact quote, or where to find it? I couldn't find it in his "Oz Inquiry" blog entry, so it has to be somewhere else.

Smilla

Ordinary Human
I'll elaborate.

Marty spoke with media and authorities in Oz. After they spoke with him, some took what he had to say on board, and/or decided it would be political suicide to run with Xenophon's story, cuz maybe it was only a change of leadership for the "Church" that was in order.

Marty's intervention hampered our efforts here in Oz. His works cost me for example, WEEKS of work to counter act. We have had lots of media here in Oz, but we lost some because of Marty's spin on the scene with Scn.

Marty pretty well shut things down in Oz, after Xenophon's address to Parliament in November. It took a shitload of time and effort to counter the crap he spun to those who we *did* have on side here.

He didn't know the calibre of the people he was messing with. Thanks for your persistence in making it happen despite his snide efforts to sabotage things. He's yesterdays man. He used to be big guy in a cult. Big achievement? No. What you've done is an achievement.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
I'll elaborate.

Thank you, Carmel.

I remember you saying this at the time and that is why I am bringing it up now.

• Why would Marty Rathbun want to interfere with Australians' right to petition their own government for redress of wrongs in their own country?
  • How much time and money did Marty actually spend in this activity?
  • Did others help Marty with this?
  • Who?

I believe that these are important details for everyone to know.

The details of Marty's involvement in suppressing this inquiry, I believe, are very important to figuring out exactly who Marty Rathbun is and exactly who or what he is really working for.

Marty, of course, is saying nothing about any of this.

So it looks like we are going to have to find out from others.

Does anyone else have any specific details regarding the above?

Last edited:

Pooks

MERCHANT OF CHAOS
Fuck Marty and the horse he rode in on for that.

What she said. ^^^^

Thanks for telling it like it is, Carmel.

Imo, Marty wants to take out DM and then be the new Saviour to all mankind.

Instead he needs to just tell the truth about what he knows and stop all the
head games with DM.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Another important aspect here is that people like John Sweeney of the BBC, Anderson Cooper of CNN, the Nightline people of ABC, are all talking to Marty Rathbun and Mike Rinder.

Mike and Marty seem to have a lot of control over the message that is being placed into the media, and the information these journalists are getting about Scientology.

If that message is being carefully crafted to divert attention away from things that should be viewed quite thoroughly, then that is not good for anyone.

So this is why I find specific and detailed answers about this very important.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Well Al, I'd say that by the very nature of the beast you're not going to get the kind of 'hard data' you seem to be asking for. Emails, phone conversations, who, when, where. Unless of course Roland can remote view them or we hook somebody up to the e-meter to get some 'confirmation'.

We know at least the *public* face of 'Marty's Message' from his own blog and elsewhere: 'There are no crimes except some slapping around and Miscavige's violation of The Tech'. And, we know that Marty's feeding *that* message to media by merely examining the outlets he's been involved with.

Naturally, we don't know what he's said in private, but, he's been in the spin business for decades and it's not hard to guess at least the direction.

Zinj

skydog

Patron Meritorious
I think your question has already been answered but for my two cents, I agree with Carmel and Pooks-fuck MR and the horse he rode in on.

The church's number one goal at this point should be to avoid criminal prosecution which, if successful, will eviscerate the church in its current form. If Marty thinks the government will allow an admitted felon to have any responsibility in this organization afterword based on his belated epiphany all I can say to him is to send me some of the shit he has been smoking.

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
And this is all 'indicating' to me that Mr.Rathbun is still working for Scientology proper! - He's on a goddamn mission.. A covert OP! - A grand scale PR caper that is designed to save the face of Scientology! - A magnifiscent Revolution to entertain and ameliate the stupid WOG's!

Well.. I'd like to see it proven anyway.. Coz' I ain't quite sure..

:unsure:

Smilla

Ordinary Human
And this is all 'indicating' to me that Mr.Rathbun is still working for Scientology proper! - He's on a goddamn mission.. A covert OP! - A grand scale PR caper that is designed to save the face of Scientology! - A magnifiscent Revolution to entertain and ameliate the stupid WOG's!

You might not be far wrong. He may be an OSA 'rogue' agent. His loyalties are unchanged as far as I can see, apart from his falling out of love with Miscavige.

AnonLover

Patron Meritorious
The good side of this is that you guys probably now have a much stronger, more throughly documented case, which is a good thing.

I've been trying to locate this quote from Marty Rathbun where in brag about how Senator Xenophon is full of hot air and will fizzle or something to that effect. Anybody knows the exact quote, or where to find it? I couldn't find it in his "Oz Inquiry" blog entry, so it has to be somewhere else.

if i recollect correctly, when marty's blog got hacked - this went missing and wasnt resurrected again after he supposedly recovered control. thus many theorized he himself was the hacker of his own blog with the goal being to hide the fact he took it down. but i believe there is a mirrored copy of the original post buried on wwp somewhere.

AnonKat

Crusader
if i recollect correctly, when marty's blog got hacked - this went missing and wasnt resurrected again after he supposedly recovered control. thus many theorized he himself was the hacker of his own blog with the goal being to hide the fact he took it down. but i believe there is a mirrored copy of the original post buried on wwp somewhere.

lets try to dig that up

Smilla

Ordinary Human
That rings true for me and it would be very interesting to read his comments again. Might you be able to track it down?

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
Suspicion

I have had my suspicions too . . .

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
I believe the "hack" came after Marty published the newly independent auditor's letter from Sydney Org, who said that the Scientologist who committed suicide a couple years ago was "flying" after his auditing.

This was the person who's folders were sent to the US so that the Australian criminal investigation into his suicide could not inspect them.

Marty made statements at that time which could be construed to have promoted blocking this investigation, something Marty has done to criminal investigations into Scientology before (which Marty has admitted to and stated repeatedly)

I believe that Marty's statements about the use of law enforcement and the use of government power to address criminal and civil abuse in the Church of Scientology are extremely important for any journalist presently working with him to review.

Sometimes a fox can make himself look like a chicken in order to fool the farmer as he locks up for the night.

If I'm wrong about any of this, let Marty publicly clarify his position, and say exactly what he did to stop Australians from seeking justice for themselves in Australia against the Church of Scientology.