What's new

What Was Marty's Role in Trying to Stop the Australian Inquiry?

anonyvix

Patron
This is from WWP and it makes me :duh:

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/318-...-stop-australian-inquiry-66576/2/#post1244903

The Anons do not know how to fight against two groups as you can read here. Intentional or accidential - it allways surprises me how this cult manages to distract their enemies from the main goal just when they think they almost have the victory in their hands. And it seems that some of them should get better informed because they do not realize what a severe danger it would be if Marty is really on a secret mission.
Best
Markus

It is the nature of Anonymous to have a lot of built in redundancy, we can at once run with the distractions and push forward with the main agendas. Besides we need our lulz.

Marty caused a bunch of issues in Oz which were and are being dealt with. That was not a distraction, just an attack and counter attack. Par for the course in the battle; no one expects the scilons to simply role over every time we make a move so such attacks are expected.

It doesn't matter that the attack came from the wannabe heir to tiny David Miscavige's throne, there were other from DM's shrinking army too; it wouldn't do to under estimate them though.

nozeno

Gold Meritorious Patron
If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, looks like a duck, it must be a duck.

Martai.jpg

Yes Marty I can give you a face lift, a nose job and
liposuction, but it won't change the fact that
basically way down deep you are really a
scientologist.

It is interesting that he could so easily sway the people who you had to work so hard to convince of your position. Could it be that he had a more persuasive and rational position?

Your inquiry is an attempt to smear the church, and thus diminish its power by the harm to its reputation. It does nothing to address past abuse. Fair enough, but the methods you are supporting, putting tests into place for religions, will affect more than just scientology.

I predict that scientology will find many allies in fighting this, and more mainstream religions will be among them.

It would be one thing to look into the abuses of the church, and probably a great thing if the Senate would look into the lapses in local prosecutors and law enforcement that have allowed these abuses to go on un hindered.

But I agree with marty, a witch hunt against scientology using tax law is not the best course. It is bound to fail due to its affects on other denominations.

See my letter to Sen X for more of my thoughts on this...

http://forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?p=416043#post416043

Sorry but could not help commenting on this; my hope is that you just smoked some crack.
If not your diatribe about Xenophon being on a witch hunt is like Arizona's new racist law that states people of Mexican heritage living in Arizona must carry papers to prove they're not an illegal alien. Yet the real Mexican illegal aliens that come here to work illegally for minimal dollars are either supported by big corporations or moved all their factories, etc., overseas for slave labor, etc. This law puts the blame on a whole group of people instead of the big corporations that have caused all the jobs losses in the USA.

The tech you're trying to protect doesn't work & it kills people,
and most of all it was founded by a very evil & abusive madman!

OperatingSP

Patron with Honors
Sneakerster is arguing on WWP that there is no evidence that Marty tried to stop the Australian inquiry.

https://forums.whyweprotest.net/com...australian-inquiry.58598/page-11#post-2240060
I see this thread is still pinned since 2010.

I would like to point out once more that original subject of this thread - alleged efforts by Mark "Marty" Rathbun to "stop the Australian Inquiry" - has yet to be confirmed or verified in any way. It is well over two and half (2 1/2) years since Carmel Underwood first made that accusation on ESMB and yet not one single Australian media contact or politician has confirmed that Marty tried to get them to stop the Inquiry or help stop the Inquiry. Carmel Underwood originally claimed it was "hundreds" of such.

Since this thread is still here as a sticky and still represents PR against Marty, I thought I would point out this minor and insignificant omission.

My guess on this is that OSA figured they could make the Australian Ex's and Anonymous into their "own personal army" by feeding this false report to Carmel Underwood via her "trusted source". I think those of you who bought it and began raging against Marty because of it have been well and truly had. Sorry.

Michael A. Hobson
Independent Scientologist
I thought people would want to know, and perhaps respond.

TG1

Angelic Poster
The only thing about this that surprises me is that Marty doesn't just haul off and slap the snot out of Sneakster.

Hobson has got to be the worst fucking spokesperson in history.

Maybe even worse than Barrett Brown.

Feral

Rogue male
I have no idea why the Sneakster felt a need to revive this topic. The last post on the WWP thread was from 2010. It may have gone until the end of time without further comment.

He's only half right too, Carmel had no 'inside' source, she was the inside source. Same as she was the inside source that Marty was working for the Meade Emory team to take over the CofS for the IRS as DM had gone rogue.

Carmel suffered from a Joan of Arch thing where she had to be seen to be fighting incredible opposition with very bad help, it was probably the only way she could explain her histrionics to herself.

How do I know? I was the "very bad help". When you have some deep need to be recognised as the 'true source' it doesn't matter how many people or projects get smeared by your stories of self grandeur.

Marty wants to save LRH's 'legacy' from Davey, he'll do things to that end, it's not complicated, there is no conspiracy.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Carmel was amazing, and she was the one that originated the inquiry and did a truckload of work on it ... while doing a large building project and dealing with OSA and many other issues at the time, she was under enormous stress and she definitely aimed it at the wrong people and I bet she would admit that (here) if she could, but she certainly paid the price and lost many of her very good friends as a result, which would have created even more stress when celebrations should have been possible, it was awful to watch.

I wouldn't have been able to work with her because we would have clashed but I admire her utterly.

She's a bloody hero (as are the many others that worked so hard on the inquiry) and you are all loved for what you put yourselves through and for the result you achieved.

:yes:

G

Gottabrain

I have no idea why the Sneakster felt a need to revive this topic. The last post on the WWP thread was from 2010. It may have gone until the end of time without further comment.

Hiya Feral :wave:

Sick of this thread. Why did Sneaks have to revive it? Didn't I comment on here before?

Carmel provided evidence at the time of Marty being against the Inquiry. From my recall, it was a conversation MR had with Mike and MR was concerned that if the Inquiry went forward that NObody would be able to practice scn. MR also made some pretty demeaning comments about Australia and Australians and specifically put down Sen Xenophon. Marty apparently wiped it - and blamed it on his "website getting hacked" the next day. Convenient.

So yes, there's no evidence anymore. That happens when people revise their websites and take comments or conversations off of them.

Regardless, MR changed his views on the subject shortly afterward and eventually became supportive of the Inquiry.

Actually, come to think of it, I DO know why this is coming up but can't say.

Sneaks, you can tell Marty that his condescending, "superior than thou" attitude toward Australians is NOT something that will ever go over well here. I didn't forget what he wrote and I stand with Carmel on this particular subject.

Mini Me

Retiree
Carmel was amazing, and she was the one that originated the inquiry and did a truckload of work on it ..

She was amazing.

She did not originate the inquiry. That was Nick Xenophon

She did a truckload of work on it. So did a lot of others.

What has been lost in the rumblings is that Bryan Seymour & Nick Xenophon had been going after Scientology long before Carmel ever posted to ESMB. With the arrival of Carmel, Scooter, Kevin, Aaron, Cherished, The Andersons and a bunch of others whose names escape me now (apologies to those folks) the whole thing grew legs and Nick finally had some ammunition. Carmel contributed greatly to all of that but did not *cause* it as has been suggested. Nick Xenophon caused it. He is the parliamentarian. He decided what direction to take.

Anonycat

Crusader
She was amazing.

What has been lost in the rumblings is that Bryan Seymour & Nick Xenophon had been going after Scientology long before Carmel ever posted to ESMB. With the arrival of Carmel, Scooter, Kevin, Aaron, Cherished, The Andersons and a bunch of others whose names escape me now (apologies to those folks) the whole thing grew legs and Nick finally had some ammunition. Carmel contributed greatly to all of that but did not *cause* it as has been suggested. Nick Xenophon caused it. He is the parliamentarian. He decided what direction to take.

Thanks for saying! :)

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
She was amazing.

My profound apologies ... she was the one that went to Nick Xenophon and laid it all out for him, with the 'intention' of having an inquiry.

Anonycat

Crusader
ITYIWT, Carmel may have said that she was the sole creator, or maybe spearhead, or maybe the responsible party of things. Things that you mention. I can only say that she mentioned them in that context to me too. I do respect her very much for what she did do, and Tim too. They tread some rough waters, but maybe sometime MM or someone will clear it all up.

G

Gottabrain

She was amazing.

Carmel suffered from a Joan of Arch thing where she had to be seen to be fighting incredible opposition with very bad help

How do I know? I was the "very bad help".

Carmel...lost many of her very good friends as a result, which would have created even more stress when celebrations should have been possible, it was awful to watch.:yes:

ITYIWT - This is NOT something that should be brought up again. PLEASE?!?

let_sleeping_dogs_lie.png

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
ITYIWT, Carmel may have said that she was the sole creator, or maybe spearhead, or maybe the responsible party of things. Things that you mention. I can only say that she mentioned them in that context to me too.

Thanks, I'm not going to go back and drag up all the congratulatory posts that Carmel received, which I must now assume were made by people incorrectly believing that she was the originator of the inquiry ... including from those that worked on it with her, and I am not trying to rewrite history but I have never seen it denied that she 'spearheaded' (your word works for me) the inquiry before.

That is new to me.

Mini Me

Retiree

Thanks, I'm not going to go back and drag up all the congratulatory posts that Carmel received, which I must now assume were made by people incorrectly believing that she was the originator of the inquiry ... including from those that worked on it with her, and I am not trying to rewrite history but I have never seen it denied that she 'spearheaded' (your word works for me) the inquiry before.

That is new to me.

Can you understand, at the time things were moving fast and in a good direction. Carmel was the central point for communications in & out of Nick's office. Carmel was Nick's go-to person and Carmel did a lot of work at the request of Nick's office. She did work hard & was central to the success of it. Nobody at the time was going to say "Uumm Carmel are you sure it was all you?" Because that would have cause a fight and nobody wanted that. It was easier to massage the ego because it was the result that was important, not the "who did what". It would have stayed that way if Carmel hadn't have crapped on her friends straight after the Inquiry.

However over the journey the story seems to have grown out of all proportion and now we have Carmel as the instigator, prime mover, Cause of it all. I even read somewhere that Carmel "found" Nick and persuaded him to join the cause. It's just not true. Bryan Seymour bought Nick X into it at the time of the Aussie 7 show on Today Tonight. Nick & Bryan had a conversation years before to see what could be done about Scientology & the tax exemption they got. It really annoyed Nick and he'd spoken out about it before but never had enough to do a lot with. That changed after the Aussies all got together on ESMB. Carmel was central to that. I have to give her that.

It's now gotten to a point where Carmel is telling people that Scooter & Kevin tried to sabotage the Inquiry and she had to fight them to win the day. It's gotten fucking ridiculous and so I'll no longer let it stand that it was "All Carmel" because besides not being true, it pisses me off.