What's new

What Was Ron's Tone Level?

guanoloco

As-Wased
Well, for anyone puzzling this over this thread is for any and all ACTIONS that display Ron's Emotional Tone Level. This is an application of Look, Don't Listen!...which means we want anecdotal evidence and such and not, of course, Ron's written record of Ron's deeds because I'm suspecting that these accounts may be fabrications. :)

Here's some beginning pieces that display Ron's Tone Level:

From a Nibs' interview:

Plus they have the added dimension of a much higher degree and ability of perception and so, since L. Ron Hubbard had a great deal to hide, including the Magick tech, he was very fearful of that being perceived. That is, people would look behind the ridges and look behind the withhold.

...and...

One of the primary injuctions in the Magick is to hide. That's quite necessary and very important, not bad or wrong. Part of that primary injunction is to be totally secret, to protect the doors, to protect true source and the actual path to power and the power tech itself, and to protect the realm of the deep.

Here's some more from another Nibs' interview:

Hubbard: Sure. It was pretty tame back then compared to very sophisticated operations like they have now. When we hid assets, for example --I remember being in Philadelphia when the FBI and the U.S. Marshall's Office were after my father on a contempt-of-court charge. There I was running across town with my father with our complete mailing list and a suitcase full of money! Heading for the hills!

Penthouse: Where did the money end up?

Hubbard: A lot of it went abroad. But my father always kept a great deal of it around his bedroom so that he could flee at a moment's notice. In shoe boxes. He distrusted banks.

Here's a comment from Peter Gilham:

"It's like a lot of water under the bridge," recalled Gilham. "I got out 27 years ago and I'm glad I left, but I remember [Hubbard] was sitting out there. He was paranoid of these raids. So, I'm standing guard for this paranoid person and I'm like 'what is this? Why can't we just be open? If this is so good, why can't we just be honest about it?' But, no, when it came to him, you had to hide everything. You couldn't be truthful."

Then we have some neato keen pics of Ron in disguise:

4224914_orig.jpg
hubbard.jpg

Shall we call it Hiding or Can't Hide?

Here's a good pic from Ogs with Ron ready at a moment's notice:

ron-hubbard-leaving-rhodesia.jpg

Last edited:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Me think Ron is Tone 40!

Almost everything he postulated in his admissions, has been accomplished!

It's amazing that I could not fulfill 10% of my good postulates while he accomplished almost 90% of his evil goals
:duh:

So I say - Ron is tone 40! :biggrin:
(otherwise, Ron had a tremendous amount of guys to work for him though)

Last edited:

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
Tone 41.1...Serenity of Covert Hostility of Beingness. :biggrin:

EDIT: Or, maybe 40.1.1...Covert Serenity of Covert Hostility. :confused2:

EDIT: Or, perhaps 41.1.1...Serenity of Being Overtly Covertly Hostile. :eyeroll:

Face:)

Last edited:

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
Well, for anyone puzzling this over this thread is for any and all ACTIONS that display Ron's Emotional Tone Level. This is an application of Look, Don't Listen!...which means we want anecdotal evidence and such and not, of course, Ron's written record of Ron's deeds because I'm suspecting that these accounts may be fabrications. :)

Here's some beginning pieces that display Ron's Tone Level:

From a Nibs' interview:

...and...

Here's some more from another Nibs' interview:

Here's a comment from Peter Gilham:

Then we have some neato keen pics of Ron in disguise:

4224914_orig.jpg
hubbard.jpg

Shall we call it Hiding or Can't Hide?

Here's a good pic from Ogs with Ron ready at a moment's notice:

ron-hubbard-leaving-rhodesia.jpg

GREAT STUFF, guanoloco! :yes:

I hadn't seen the Peter Gilham quote before...Hid, hide, hiding, hidden is sooo much of what I saw being around Hisself.:yes:

Also flight, flee, fleeing, fled. :coolwink:

And, ANYTHING to not be found out, accountable, responsible, caught.:ohmy:

Gib

Crusader
GREAT STUFF, guanoloco! :yes:

I hadn't seen the Peter Gilham quote before...Hid, hide, hiding, hidden is sooo much of what I saw being around Hisself.:yes:

Also flight, flee, fleeing, fled. :coolwink:

And, ANYTHING to not be found out, accountable, responsible, caught.:ohmy:

Hubbard, I believe in RJ67, called it Fabian. :hysterical:

Once one see's the truth, they :roflmao:

Weagook

Patron
I remember being at flag and practicing drills on an SO member in the course room who had a HUGE beef with the "tone 40" assignment as being so aggressive as apposed to the contentment I has always assumed it to mean. I've always in retrospect thought that this was the turning point where the DM "Golden Age of Tech" superseded anything that anyone may have bought into.