What's new

What was the last straw for you?

thetanic

Gold Meritorious Patron
My 'last straw' was when the moron ED issued an interrogatory on me. I was refusing to do a job on a post in Treasury that I wasn't trained on. She was bullying me and had an axe to grind as her husband had a thing for me that was very well known to all staff. (and her).:eyeroll:

Treas has the least interchangeable posts with any other division, too. Ugh.

cinamingrl

Patron Meritorious
yes

Treas has the least interchangeable posts with any other division, too. Ugh.

YEs, I didn't know that though. I really think that she just thought I was so smart, like smarter than she was (the EDD, and I was). Even if I could have done that post, I had it by that time. I just wanted my life back and to get a real job. And that I did.

I think interrogatories are really cruel. They aren't the government. But they have what a think psychologists call 'delusions of grandeur' and lots of management are 'megalomaniacs'. These are words that I learned about after I left, when I was free to get a real education. :whistling:

Last edited:

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
The last straw for me was when I could finally see (admit to myself) that I would continue to get very little pay for long hours.

I looked out the little restroom window at the world outside and knew that I could do better with my life.

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
The last straw for me was finding out the Co$ was still regging donos for Basics books editions for libraries when they knew most were being trashed when they arrived at the libraries.

And then continuing to find out how many SO members actually do know about the scam but try to justify it.

I could cop the injustices on me, the stupidities etc. but overt criminality was more than my brainwashed former self could stick with.

ULRC/S

Patron with Honors
I was on my NOTs at AOLA and one morning my auditor looked like he'd been on an allnight binge. I didn't let him start session but questioned him until he told me the whole org had been up all night doing mest work - and he hadn't gotten any sleep at all. I felt this was total insanity as I was paying for him some $500/hour, and they pulled this stunt on all their deleivery staff. I signed myself out on a "win break" to give him some respite, and didn't renew my contract when it came up at the end of that year.

Regards, Allen

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Being introduced to xenu and having to stay and pretend to take it seriously and spend weeks 'auditing BT's' was the last straw for me, I was seriously annoyed and spent most of my time in quiet shock trying to work out what was actually going on ... I kept thinking it was a joke or some kind of test of my commitment (prior to being given the real OT 3 pack) or something!

What a waste of time and energy and money, or as Panda would say ... "how embarrassment" ...

:ohmy:

MAX YOUR CREDIT

Patron with Honors
one thing after another, snowballing into bullshit.

One morning I woke up from a sweaty nightmare and asked myself... Is it going to be like this for the rest of my life???.... All I wanted to BE-DO-and-HAVE was a working actor and didn't want to disseminate Scientology through the arts or be the next Tom Cruise... as I was told by my KTL Sup... "we're trying to make more Tom Cruises", she says. I said, "FUCK THAT, how can you possibly make more Tom Crusies if you have actors chained to the chair 25 to 40 hours a week?? Give me a break!" :duh:

There were so many last straws for me, I kept on giving myself an excuse not to blow but eventually I did. Thanks to all the ex-scientologist who have shared their stories on message boards and Jason Beghe. By the way, I learned about Jason's departure when I was getting a pedicure and catching up to the latest gossip. That's the only time I have time to read tabloid magazines during my pedicure sessions! :p I remember reading he had left the church and next thing I knew I'm watching his YOUTUBE video. :D

Last straws:
1. My FSM's of 17 years were delusional- Old School OT's
2. Told by my course sups to put my bridge first and career second
3. Asked by my FSM's if I had given fellatio (blow job) to whom I was dating at the time. I KID YOU NOT. I thought that was weird especially coming from a 50 something year old woman.
4. When I was told by my course-sup that I owe her time for missed course periods.... "I don't owe you shit! And I control my time", I said.
5. Apparently I was out/int one time, a few weeks later I'm not... who decides that, by the way?
6. When I was R-factored that I had to do the int rundown and did not have the funds to do it, it was suggested to me by a course sup to sell my car and buy a cheaper car. :duh:
7. Every time I would share an acting career win with my FSM's they would reply with, "How much money are you getting paid" and "Don't forget to put money on your lifetime membership".
8. Celebrity Center staff would call my FSM's and tell them that they heard I had booked some big acting jobs and so that would mean I have money....Ring, ring, ring... Hi it's your FSM's we heard you booked an acting job? :melodramatic:
9. Young vulnerable actresses who come from trust funds put it all on their "auditors package" just so the money sits there for eternity and never gets touched, with the purchase of two FUCKEN e-meters... in case on brakes during session. :duh:
10. Artists new to Scientology and regging them right away for the Sea Org. :duh:
11. Or aspiring actors just off the Greyhound bus responding to an ad on "BACKSTAGE WEST"-- local entertainment industry trade for acting jobs- to attend a seminar at Celebrity Center.... on how to get started in the business and book acting work.... Later leading to joining the cult and no career. I've seen this happen a lot.
12. Asking non-celebrity actors- the nobodies- to volunteer their time for something celebrity center has going on... "It's for the greatest good" and making you feel guilty or like an asshole for not doing it.
13. Observing your friends being manipulated to giving up all the money you have to do the bridge when knowing they do not have the money and then putting it all on credit cards and unable to make credit card payments; One because you do not have a job or two you have a job but don't make enough money to pay the minimum monthly payments and three you can't do the bridge (auditing or course) because you have to get a 2nd job to pay the credit cards and survive. And there's no time for career because you have been convinced that the bridge is first. I know actors who call themselves actors and are now in there 40's and have never really gotten out of non-e because they believe they need more bridge :omg:
14. Having the regges encourage you to BORROW money from your boyfriend, friends and family.
15. Sea Org members ganging up on actors/musicians/photographers and using force communication and reality to join the Sea Org.
16. Being regged by Greg Leclaire to join the Sea Org. I remember him saying to me, "if you haven't made it now as a well known actor you're never going to make it, so why not join the Sea Org."
17. Being accused of looking at confidential material on the internet.... when I didn't.
18. Getting taken off of course when I was doing well and winning for an interview with the cramming officer to see if I was lying about looking at stuff on the internet... and having him dope off while behind the e-meter. You can tell he was sleep deprived.
19. Finally-Finally-Finally.... I was under a lot of mental and psychological stress from so much shit that was going on with me and CCI that I got very ill... their solution was to be on course! :duh: And when I went to the examiner to "its it" to him of what was been happening to my body and manifestations... in the middle of me speaking, the examiner cuts my communication and shows me to the door and I said, "uhm, I'm not done yet" he says, "oh, ok... continue". So I continue, but by that time I'm a little pist off already, I loose my train of thought. I put the cans down and I said, "I thought I was supposed to communicate all that is happening and give details of everything thats going on in my life so that I can get the correct program from the C/S, is there a time limit of how long I'm suppose to be on the e-meter with you?"... The Examiner says, "yeah, the thing is its Thursday almost 2:00PM and I have stats to get in and completions to get through in and out". I said, fuck you and your stats! :angry:

I never stepped foot in the org after that. :)

Ho Tai

Patron Meritorious
should have seen the earlier last straws

My last straw was being told to handle or disconnect from a family member who never expressed any negativity toward Scn. My regret is that I did not act on earlier incidents that should have been last straws - endless Idle Org regging; endless regging by MAAs, auditors, Ds of P etc. at Flag; seeing people being coached on how to go way farther into debt than they could possible handle so they could make more and bigger donations. :no:

Tiger Lily

Gold Meritorious Patron
For me it was the Basics. I had believed the "Orgs will boom" line too many times already, and there was an obvious lie there, because all materials had been certified to have been verified "on source" at a previous event. Not to mention the fact that if it was true, and management had known that the basics where "wrong" for years, why did they keep selling them ,and selling courses based on them?

Obviously it was not about salvaging beings, but making money.

Watching the event made me ill -- all of a sudden the proverbial scales fell from my eyes and I saw what was going on. Such ridiculous posturing and pageantry. . . such lies and deception. I was already "disaffected" at that time, but the Basics release (and subsequent barrage of phone calls) was when I knew that I would never go back there.

-TL

Last edited:

Dilettante

Patron Meritorious
Yelling

The ED yelled at me. For two years he was rude, pushy, critical of my life choices, demanding more time and money and 3rd partying my 2D. I was not really offended for so long because I thought, "He's probably trying to help me" and if I were more trained I would get it. One day he was doing his rant and I snapped. I don't mean I flipped out but I just realised a grown man is adressing me in a very hostile way and I let it get to this point! :blush: If this were happening to someone else I would be appauled. :angry: I let him finish and told him I was done. Then I went home and told my hubby I would prefer to just read the books at my leisure. :eyeroll:.

Thanks again GottaBrain!
:wave:
Dil

Stat

Gold Meritorious Patron
Last Straw.

I've had a few last straws, it was intense like that.
The first straw though, was LRH's smile and "a sparkle in his eyes".
I thought it was my reactive mind telling me to perceive
it as worthy of no trust. So I "handled it" in my universe.
What a ride.

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
I've had a few last straws, it was intense like that.
The first straw though, was LRH's smile and "a sparkle in his eyes".
I thought it was my reactive mind telling me to perceive
it as worthy of no trust. So I "handled it" in my universe.
What a ride.

OMG. I can so relate to that. There were so many times I felt Hubbard seemed quite creepy. Then I heard everyone gush about him, and thought something had to be wrong with ME. I went with my 'overts' instead of my reactive mind as the reason I was seeing something wrong with our mighty leader :notworthy:

but, yeah, I "handled it" in "my universe" too. :faceslap:

SirRalliart

Patron with Honors
OMG. I can so relate to that. There were so many times I felt Hubbard seemed quite creepy. Then I heard everyone gush about him, and thought something had to be wrong with ME. I went with my 'overts' instead of my reactive mind as the reason I was seeing something wrong with our mighty leader :notworthy:

but, yeah, I "handled it" in "my universe" too. :faceslap:

Exactly! I well remember things unsaid about LRH's teeth in the VHS Intro to Scn, then the relief from Kool-Aid drinkers when they "fixed" his lower teeth on the DVD. Now I find that the VHS version was indeed correct, his teeth truly were messed up. What is true in the church, anyway? Is it all BS PR?

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
Major was with my own eyes watching an act of violence against a protestor and hearing an OSA person explain it away as " There is no such thing as an overt against an SP".

That set off all the bells and whistles of the kind of things I had heard and not seen so I couldn't believe it was REALLY happening.

Call it what one wants to call it but I realized I was in a group that had was entirely comfortable in using violence to get its way. I saw it.

I created my exit plan and put it in motion.

If I had it to do over? I'd just walk out - no routing forms, no HCO sec checks, no nothing but me gone.

Why? The end results in their eyes and therefore eyes of those whose remain in... will in the long run be the same. You are an SP and will be regarded as an SP.

Remember, they do believe you are for 'em or agin 'em.

And if you are agin 'em there is no such thing as an overt against you.