What went through your mind when you heard about the Sea Org's Billion Year Contract?

What was the first thing that went through your mind when you heard about the Sea Org's Billion Year Contract?

I still was a practicing Catholic at the time and for the most part still believed, or at least wanted to believe, in Christian Mythology.

Being raised a Catholic with parents and grandparents who were hard-core Catholics, when I first heard about the Sea Org's Billion Year Contract it straight up creeped me the fuck out.

I couldn't help think there was something very sinister about forcing a someone to sign a contracted that went beyond the span of their life. ... At the time I remember thinking it was exactly what the Devil would ask someone to do.

Looking back at it now, that was probably the single biggest reason I never trusted the cult or fully trusted anyone working for the cult including my auditor, and never let my guard completely down.

If it wasn't for the creepy images of Hubbard all over the place, the hip-hip hoorays, and Hubbard's fake navy, I probably would have hung around a lot longer.

So Thanks Ron for your Billion Year Contract, it saved me from getting completely sucked into your con game.

Jquepublic

Silver Meritorious Patron
Re: What went through your mind when you heard about the Sea Org's Billion Year Contr

My honest first reaction? Thank God I dropped acid.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Re: What went through your mind when you heard about the Sea Org's Billion Year Contr

It wasn't creepy at all. It was seen as a symbolic gesture to show your devotion to the cult at the time.

It's no different than the millions of people who take, and have taken traditional wedding vows..." Do you promise to love, comfort, honor and keep her for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, and forsaking all others, be faithful only to her so long as you both shall live?"

Many have later forsaken these vows in divorce.

auntpat

Patron with Honors

My husband was the first one of us to hear about the contract. He came home all wild eyed and told me about it. "Shit, a billion years, that's forever!" he said.:omg: I replyed, "No, the Devil wants your soul forever. Ron only wants it for a billion years.":yes:

Love & Light,
Aunt Pat

ClearEyed

Patron with Honors

What was the first thing that went through your mind when you heard about the Sea Org's Billion Year Contract?

I still was a practicing Catholic at the time and for the most part still believed, or at least wanted to believe, in Christian Mythology.

Being raised a Catholic with parents and grandparents who were hard-core Catholics, when I first heard about the Sea Org's Billion Year Contract it straight up creeped me the fuck out.

I couldn't help think there was something very sinister about forcing a someone to sign a contracted that went beyond the span of their life. ... At the time I remember thinking it was exactly what the Devil would ask someone to do.

Looking back at it now, that was probably the single biggest reason I never trusted the cult or fully trusted anyone working for the cult including my auditor, and never let my guard completely down.

If it wasn't for the creepy images of Hubbard all over the place, the hip-hip hoorays, and Hubbard's fake navy, I probably would have hung around a lot longer.

So Thanks Ron for your Billion Year Contract, it saved me from getting completely sucked into your con game.

I was a bit taken aback. But I bought recruitment lines: "you will be surrounded by OTs who are the most able and ethical people in the world." And of course all the PR about LRH being superlatively "pro survival" and all that rubbish. With that in mind, I thought that everything would be negotiable depending on circumstances. I was barely an adult and still a newbie to Scientology. I looked at it more as a committment to do my part to save the world, and I had no problem with signing up with that purpose for eternity. I really didn't think it meant living within the confines of a small paramilitary group for the rest of my life(s). Perhaps I was a little bit naive.

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter

Well, I was aghast. I did already believe in reincarnation, yes, but I found it outrageous that they'd be making that kind of demand.

But since it is and was a cult- I was conditioned to think that if I found fault, I was in the wrong. So I just told myself it was probably ok, then. But I also resolved never ever ever to join the SO.

Over the years, during my time in CofS and after (on message boards and at parties) I've talked to people who'd been in the SO. Lovely people, many of them. But signing a billion year contract and consenting to live an institutional lifestyle is something to which I've never related. The latter is a bit tough for me but I almost get it. It would be analagous to people entering a monastery or something. But the former? No. No way.

still here

Patron with Honors

This made me laugh...

I had already seen the standard of the salesmen in Scientology, before selling was regulated really, (tell you anything to sell you a car!)

I saw this as a bit of the same and found it amusing to think of who exactly was going to enforce my contract in my next life!! They certainly wold not get taking this to court.

I took it in the spirit I believed it was offered, a ridiculous idea - superflous to asking someone to join up and contribute...

Once out I never considered paying a freeloader bill, for a second (if the contract is not enforceable in law, how can the penalty be?) Oddly they never sent me one,
Maybe they knew!! (te he)

Well, I was aghast. I did already believe in reincarnation, yes, but I found it outrageous that they'd be making that kind of demand.

I just saw it as further and obvious evidence that the Sea Org was a crazy idea from which no good could come. :screwy:

Mark A. Baker

smartone

My Own Boss

I was all starry eyed and a newbie when I first heard it and thought it was magical to think that we keep coming back. I liked the idea of saving this planet, blah, blah, blah.

But, I knew I would never be able to join the SO because I wouldn't last 5 minutes. I like my own space too much and I would never allow anybody to scream at me, it would be more like me screaming at my senior. I stick up for myself so much and could never have been a Ronbot. :no:

dianaclass8

Silver Meritorious Patron

I believe in reencarnation but I thought that it was something totally symbollic, not true, just something to make it look that you were truly committed to Scientology.

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller

I didn't know what to make of it, it seemed nuts. If they were asking for a billion years, what else are they going to require that's equally off the wall?

kate8024

-deleted-

When I first heard of it, having already read all the Basics my first thought was "what happens if you sign it before knowing your whole track? According to the books I may have a body in pawn elsewhere that is way more awesome than this crappy human body and may be expected to go back to it after I die here - I may find myself signing contradictory contracts!" then I lol'ed at the silly-ness of it all and decided that it should probably be viewed as nothing more than a symbolic gesture. Not to mention the fact that IAS dues don't carry over between lifetimes (which they specifically state, I guess someone tried this already)

tookmeawhile

Patron with Honors

I remember being told that in each subsequent lifetime, you had until the age of 21 to report back for duty.​

:itstrue:

Ever since I first saw that billion year contract, I have been chronically exhausted. On all four flows.

Last edited:

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish

I actually signed one of those billion year contracts after getting caught up in the con at an event. Though I never activated it by showing up for duty, it's haunted me ever since. Like I can imagine Satan holding it in his claws demanding that I honor my commitment with Ron as my eternal commodore AAAARRRRGHHHH!!!!

phénix

Patron with Honors

Stuck in the recruitment office with the SORO and another guy recruiting you, the Dir RAP has already come by to try her chance, and now the CO comes in... :biggrin:

I'll be totally honest with you...and I don't mean to offend anybody here...

I thought it was straight up one of the most INSANE things I had ever heard about...I REALLY KNEW that COS was a CULT then.

It kind of confirmed for me that Ron really just wanted to totally control people for his own benefit, and did not really want to help them or mankind.

...and that ALL Sea Org members must be pretty mentally ill to go along with that insanity and were NOT to be trusted.

Nothing much has happened in the intervening years, especially as I have learned more about the Sea Org and it's practices, to change my gut level feelings about this.

Sorry.

:flowers:

xguardian

Patron with Honors

I was fresh out of the Army and my first thought was "Wow...these guys must not have that much faith in completing their mission in a timely fashion!":coolwink:lol

G

Gottabrain

I couldn't stop laughing for what seemed like hours!

Then I asked the recruiter, Vic Scelza, "What are you - like the devil?"

[video=youtube;VZobhTH0daM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZobhTH0daM[/video]

Man de la Mancha

Patron with Honors

Someone at the local org told me about the billion year contract and at the time I considered it to be an acceptable gimmick - a way of making SO members feel unique and special - whatever. I was at PAC for almost 3 days before I finally signed it. They told me over the phone I'd have plenty of time to walk around and check out the surroundings before deciding, and I kept them to their word. I decided to join and the recruiter whipped out the contract. I could hardly believe I was actually signing one of those things. I knew in advance I'd leave if Scientology didn't work. I never found out because SO members don't get auditing.

In 999,999,973 years I will no longer be in breach of contract.

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader

It always reminds me of the last thing that goes through a bug's mind when it hits a windshield..... it's asshole.....

Kk, ya I am derp...

:omg: