What's new

What went through your mind when you heard about the Sea Org's Billion Year Contract?

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: What went through your mind when you heard about the Sea Org's Billion Year Contr

A billion years, a long time?

I recall distinctly thinking:

"It's only a consideration!"

Ralp-Slater-Hypnosis-1950.jpg

It's only a mouse!

Veda

Sponsor
Re: What went through your mind when you heard about the Sea Org's Billion Year Contr

At the time, I had already heard about the billion year contact, and that it would take that long to fulfill the mission of Clearing the Universe, so I wasn't surprised.

It was late in 1970, and I was attending a "Special - just from the Flagship with LRH - Briefing," with the Apollo Flagship rep. explaining to the audience that "Earth was a prison, populated by either criminals or geniuses." And everyone, furtively, looked around to judge the other person in regard to which category he/she belonged. An awkward moment.

By that time, I had already done the (old) Comm Course and the H.Q.S. course, and was planning at working at a summer job to save up enough money to do the Academy levels (audit, co-audit, etc.). I was also reading Hubbard's books, my favorite being the (now out of print) 'Phoenix Lectures'.

At the intermission of this "Special Briefing from Flag," Carla Bazin (spelling?) tried to recruit me into the Sea Org. She had me fill out a Sea Org application form, up to the very last line, where I was to place my signature, agreeing to the billion year contract.

She was persistent in trying to get me to sign that line, and when I responded, with my pantie-waisted dilettante Comm-Course-graduate TRs of "Thank you," and "OK," and refused to sign, she responded with an angry, "Don't use that bullshit on me!" That left an impression, which remained in the back of my mind, an impression which I did my best to deny and ignore for quite a while.

Thinking back, that probably "inoculated" me as much as anything else around at that time, more than reading non-Scientology books, more than having smoked pot or having taken LSD, and LSD had not yet been made a dis-qualifier for the Sea Org.

So I stayed a "public" throughout my Scientology experience, and was happily oblivious to many of the abuses for some years. Then, realizing that there was only one me but lots of other people, I began to examine more thoroughly the effect of Scientology on others, and thus began my journey out of Scientology.

I never did thank Carla, the "Don't use that bullshit on me!" Sea Org lady, for the inoculation she unintentionally gave me on that day long ago.

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather

I decided to joke about it.

I said 'Is a pen good enough, or do I have to use blood?' Everyone laughed...sort of gleefully.

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader

What always made me go 'hmmm' on/in regarding signing away your soul for (enter number here _____ years) is that it contradicts all the blah-blah about clearing the planet in (enter number here______years).

Please excuse me here because I was never a mind-fucked one, but, once all the crap on earth was supposedly supposed to be dealt with, and the earth is desimated in a flaming ball of nuclear horror, well then, aren't all the Hubbardites just sortta the only ones left floating around? So what the fuck is the initial point of it all? (de contract)
I mean, there will be no time, space would be relative, and there ain't coming back to anywhere....
Arghhhh, I know the 'contract' is sort of allegorical "give me your soul" crap, but holy hell, why the fuck do people even bother with this (ya ya I no eh~ mind rape), it'd make me run so frikken fast away the trees would lose their leaves.

This whole mind fuckery gets spun all the time in CoS, but..... where IS Lron now?
Did the old dead, sick, twisted, blow-hard make it back yet? DERP!
No.
Selling illusions, that's all Hubbard was good at, and damn, if he could convince the ones he had conned into even more commitment, woo-hoo-good-on-him!
One of the main reasons I hang around and am an active critic is because I am saddened so much that people are such fools to buy into these sort of lies. And man, what massive lies they are too! I know in my heart that people are meant for better, and anything culty/CoS/Hubbard is something so fucking vile and disturbing, that I hope I can , given some knowledge, steer at least a few away from it all.
A crazy cycle of benign enslavement, that leads to a crazy cycle of pillaging of your very soul.
A billion years? Ha! A drop in the bucket, 'cept Hubbard's bucket is a chum bucket, thrown over the side of a humanity ship to suck in the little fishes who want to be bigger... oh bugger. (de sharks in this case have card-swipers.
It occurs to me that signing a billion year contract makes signing a ten-twenty year re-mortgage of your family's home so much easier... :doh:

How's that for a convoluted rant du-jour? :p

(sry,mah schpel chk is zorched)

:duh::angry::nervous::nervous::angry::bigcry::yes:

Last edited:

Moosejewels

Patron Meritorious

I thought of the fact that I had spent 6 years studying a profession that I suddenly realized I didn't want to pursue. I tried to compare that to a billion year committment and was suddenly overcome by the silliness of this concept. :eyeroll:

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather

I thought of the fact that I had spent 6 years studying a profession that I suddenly realized I didn't want to pursue. I tried to compare that to a billion year committment and was suddenly overcome by the silliness of this concept. :eyeroll:

What they were saying is; 'We not only want all of your money, all of your time, and all of your allegiance, we also want ALL OF YOUR SOUL! WHAHAHAHAH!'

Dave B.

Maximus Ultimus Mostimus

I thought it was a bit outre and fanatical.

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron

I'll admit it... was a tad fascinated. This was one of those moments when, looking back, I had completely bought into the mind-fuck. It was also hinted that we were coming back... I started having 'memories' of doing this sort of thing and failing with the recruiter (we were also kind of hot for each other, so probably had something to do with it). When I signed and he said "Welcome Back", we both were tearing up.

In that 'cycle', I had totally bought into the fact that a billion years was sort of a 'drop in the bucket' to an eternal being. Plus, I figured that once we cleared target 1 (earth) and started going across the galaxy, those of us who had been there from the beginning in the SO would end up being completely revered and superstars....

Willing to humiliate myself to just give a bit more insight as to how some folks who are completely sucked in can think. I think a lot from the outside just don't really get how deeply it can go for some of those 'in'. I read comments from folks who are completely gobsmacked when they read stuff they've heard or read from culties... me? I completely get it.

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron

I thought it was crazy and made no sense. I was not joining! I thought that maybe I had to go OATEE before I understood the whole concept! Then I met some OATEES!:omg:
I thought the Sea Org members were really special - until I went to Flag. Then I saw how they lived and they looked sad. I thought it was SLAVE LABOR - and IT IS!

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather

If anyone still worries about any obligations to honor that ridiculous contract in some weird way in this life, or whatever you think comes after, don't.

Contracts are two-way streets. Both parties have to honor their agreements. And don't let any clams pull the trick of invoking the FALSE doctrine of 'if it isn't written, it isn't true' either. Verbal agreements are perfectly legally binding. Especially with so many witnesses as to what they promised Sea Org members before they joined. And this lying criminal group reneged on just about every promise made;

Bridge awarded? I knew a guy who had been in for something like 14 years when I joined, and hadn't had ANY 'awarded' bridge actions. Not even training, which is just one guy watching you and a bunch of others study the stuff! It was obvious they didn't really care how many auditors got made, the money was the only real determining factor.

Medical all taken care of for you? When a filling fell out, I was told I was free to use my only day off to somehow get myself using my resources to the UCLA dental training school to allow students to practice on me. Any homeless person could have done that. Wouldn't have worked, anyway, as my only day off was sometimes Sunday, and the place would have been closed.

Room and board? Well, packed like sardines in bunk beds and being served cold beans and rice in buckets sort of qualifies, so we'll let that one go.

How about, you'll be helping mankind? Oh, yeah, when did that happen? That group of rapacious bastards never did anything but impoverish people in exchange for them brainwashing themselves and others.

So, that 'contract' wasn't really legal in the first place, and it is certainly null and void now in any sane opinion.

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather

Too funny. After I joined, I wished i had dropped acid.

When I was in (80-81) it wasn't a disqualifier to have dropped acid. Hell, I sold acid for a couple months, and I got in. Worst of both worlds, huh? I think it was one for the CMO, though.

Neptune14

Patron

What went through my mind? How will they know if I don't report back?