What's new

What Your Donations Buy II: Vanity PR for David Miscavige

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
<snip> In some 300 years, there will have been MANY COBs, and a long history of who did what, and how great each of them were. I am sure there will the usual purges, power struggles and coup d'états, and of course, every once in awhile the current COB will simply rewrite all of past Scientology history to his personal liking and self-aggrandizement. Isn't it amazing how these "elite", top of the Sea Org food chain, are no better than common ego-centric power-hungry Earth wogs????!!!!!!!:omg:

(I know, come on, will Scientology REALLY be around THAT long . . . . .)
Hmm.. It's not the usual way.. In Scientology nobody is 'remembered'.. Everyone who once held high positions has become nonpersons.. Of course Hubturd himself is excempt from historical ass-iss'ness... Until now..

So, my guess would be that Miscavige will be declared the universal asshole like the rest. In his case it'll be well deserved and proper, as opposed to most of the other guys.

Scientology will probably shrivel when Miscavige jumps from his new Scientology sign atop the Big Blue.. In a dracula dress?

But I thought it would shrivel when Hubturd croaked.. I even fostered hopes that my marriage might be saved then... Erh.. Well..

:yes:

lkwdblds

Crusader
Any Chance of them being called DM Academny's?

In the unlikely event that the CofS keeps going after Miscavige bites the dick, I imagine there will be a huge pendulum swing in the other direction. New buildings and upstat MEST will be OUT and orgs will go back to using fold-up rickety wooden chairs and card tables in the Academy and so on.

Paul

Your post and Gadfly's replies to my post are light and humorous and really help start one's day on a good note. Yes, those rickety wooden chairs and card tables in the Academy. Those fixtures conveyed a certain sense of purpose, dedication and honesty - that people were willing to devote themselves and press on despite the fact that the Org didn't have much money.

The new 5 star hotel type of fixtures convey a totally different message and wil attract a different type of clientel than the rickety stuff. Some people will sense they are in the premises of a large Corporation with unlimited funds and panic that they will be ripped off. Others may like the nice stuff, be impressed that the Org is rich and stick around. I have no idea whether the overall effect leans to the positive or the negarive but judgeing from all the reports of empty Ideal Orgs, it would seem that the effect is negative.
lkwdblds

lkwdblds

Crusader
After DM leaves then what?

You're as bad as me!:thumbsup:

I was laughing out loud - The Miscavige Guidance Center!!!!!! (MGC)

I wonder if Davey is concerned with his legacy as much is Bill Clinton? Poor Davey, how WILL he be remembered? Think of it. In some 300 years, there will have been MANY COBs, and a long history of who did what, and how great each of them were. I am sure there will the usual purges, power struggles and coup d'états, and of course, every once in awhile the current COB will simply rewrite all of past Scientology history to his personal liking and self-aggrandizement. Isn't it amazing how these "elite", top of the Sea Org food chain, are no better than common ego-centric power-hungry Earth wogs????!!!!!!!:omg:

(I know, come on, will Scientology REALLY be around THAT long . . . . .)

I am glad I left in the MGC, Miscavige Guidance Center; I almost took it out and went only with all academies being renamed the "David Miscavige Academy" For a guy who only trained up to non-permanent Class IV and never went to study in the 23 years since he's been COB, naming the academies after him wouln't make much sense. After looking at the acadamies and the guidance centers, what else could be named to honor his service, I can only think of the chapels of each Org but I am not sure if every Org has a chapel! Of course, the larger Orgs such as FSO could name their luxury restaurants or their snack bars after him.

As for what things will be like with regard to Scn in 300 years that is really hard to comment on. I think there are four things that could happen.
#1. C of S will not exist and Scientology will just be a footnote in history.
#2. C of S will not exist but Scientology tech will be available to the public and will be used as self help material.
#3. C of S will have taken over and be the dominant religious and political power in the world. Very small chance, maybe 1 % but possible.
#4. Scientology along with other religions will exist in a watered down form and will be administered as all other religions are through a One World Government.

Gadfly

Crusader
In the unlikely event that the CofS keeps going after Miscavige bites the dick, I imagine there will be a huge pendulum swing in the other direction. New buildings and upstat MEST will be OUT and orgs will go back to using fold-up rickety wooden chairs and card tables in the Academy and so on.

Paul

I doubt there would ever be a pendulum swing. A large degree of the lunacy exists BECAUSE of extant LRH policies in many areas. The fanaticism and absolutist nature of Scientology exists because of Hubbard's policies, NOT because of DM - though of course DM sure adds his own brand of insanity to the mix. KSW is KSW whether Davey is there or not. The view that we are the chosen people, the elite, the knowledgable few working tirelessly to save every man, women, and child from eternal oblivion, the dedicated team of Tone 40 thetans making it go right against all odds, and that doing Scientology is a deadly serious activity, will NOT GO AWAY when Davey goes away.

It will be just like when the GO got caught red handed with stealing the IRS xerox paper (jail sentences, Mary Sue, etc). The Church will PRETEND to be all concerned and ready to fix the problem, BUT the problem will never be admitted to be the "Church", but instead, the problem wll be promoted as due to renigade members of the Church who acted in ways they were not supposed to. The whole disbanding of the GO was a farce. It was done to MAKE IT SEEM like the Church was "reforming", but all they did was transfer many of the same staff to OSA, keep the SAME POLICIES, and continue to do exactly the same things. That whole charade was to keep LRH out of trouble, and to keep the Church moving forward. Others had to "take the fall" for the "greatest good". La-de-la-de-la . . . .

That is what will happen when Davey goes. Just like Pete Townsend wrote and Roger Daltry sang, "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss" (from the great song by the WHO, "We Won't Get Fooled Again". But, you will get fooled again. And, again and again. The new leaders will act oh-so-contrite, BLAME IT ALL VERY LOUDLY on this power-hungry maverick known as David Miscavige, and then carry on in exactly the same format. With just more of the same usual control, lies, deception, PR, manipulation, misrepresentation, noisy investigations of critics, overwhleming lawsuits against anybody who causes the slightest problem, and on and on and on.

Hubbard wrote the policies on all of these things, also including those on SPs, SP declares, suppressive acts, and disconnection. The ONLY way Scientology could ever reform is if someone came in and changed, or entirely removed a great deal of very BASIC LRH policy. I don't see that ever happening with the official Church. Not ever.

There is no solution other than the final solution for the RTC-led official Church of Scientology.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I doubt there would ever be a pendulum swing. A large degree of the lunacy exists BECAUSE of extant LRH policies in many areas.

I know. But I was in the SO in the 70s before a major part of DM's changes were introduced. I wouldn't say the "good old days" were all hunky-dory at all, and I would be quite happy to see the CofS disappeared off the face of the universe, but I saw a large number of pendulum swings in the CofS. It happens.

Paul

Gadfly

Crusader
I know. But I was in the SO in the 70s before a major part of DM's changes were introduced. I wouldn't say the "good old days" were all hunky-dory at all, and I would be quite happy to see the CofS disappeared off the face of the universe, but I saw a large number of pendulum swings in the CofS. It happens.

Paul

Here's what I "wish". That Scientology could reform and exist without all the crazy KSW nonsense, without all the nutty justice and SP crap, without the undercurrent of elitism, and without the cult of personality. Just a nice place where I could walk in, and if I wanted to, without pressure, or constant phone calls, or constant badgering, do a course, do some TRs, listen to a tape, or get some auditing.

WITHOUT ALL OF THE BULLSHIT!:confused2:

I do like the way Hubbard explained some things (as compared with how poorly so many others did it before him), and I like some of his approaches to dealing with the mind and the being (thetan). I like the early books and taped lectures.:yes:

But, if only it could be just like in most other areas of life:

Take what you like, and ignore the rest

Discussion is allowed

Disagreement is not a High Crime

No demands to accept everything 100% - or else

No constant environment of quiet threats and suppressed fear

No paradigm of "Us good guys against the bad guys"

No hidden secret intelligence agency out doing all sorts of nasty stuff to people (OSA)

Honesty, no excessive PR, and no feigned ultra-insane enthusiasm

Just calm, relaxed interest - without all of the extremely ratcheted-up FANATICISM!

If I could only just walk in, because it is interesting and fun, and NOT because I am there to SAVE THE FUCKING UNIVERSE FOR ALL ETERNITY:duh: !

Rae

Patron with Honors
Your post and Gadfly's replies to my post are light and humorous and really help start one's day on a good note. Yes, those rickety wooden chairs and card tables in the Academy. Those fixtures conveyed a certain sense of purpose, dedication and honesty - that people were willing to devote themselves and press on despite the fact that the Org didn't have much money.lkwdblds

And how could you forget the "new" carpeting made up of discarded, geometric-shaped carpet samples!

lkwdblds

Crusader
Good Points

Here's what I "wish". That Scientology could reform and exist without all the crazy KSW nonsense, without all the nutty justice and SP crap, without the undercurrent of elitism, and without the cult of personality. Just a nice place where I could walk in, and if I wanted to, without pressure, or constant phone calls, or constant badgering, do a course, do some TRs, listen to a tape, or get some auditing.

WITHOUT ALL OF THE BULLSHIT!:confused2:

I do like the way Hubbard explained some things (as compared with how poorly so many others did it before him), and I like some of his approaches to dealing with the mind and the being (thetan). I like the early books and taped lectures.:yes:

But, if only it could be just like in most other areas of life:

Take what you like, and ignore the rest

Discussion is allowed

Disagreement is not a High Crime

No demands to accept everything 100% - or else

No constant environment of quiet threats and suppressed fear

No paradigm of "Us good guys against the bad guys"

No hidden secret intelligence agency out doing all sorts of nasty stuff to people (OSA)

Honesty, no excessive PR, and no feigned ultra-insane enthusiasm

Just calm, relaxed interest - without all of the extremely ratcheted-up FANATICISM!

If I could only just walk in, because it is interesting and fun, and NOT because I am there to SAVE THE FUCKING UNIVERSE FOR ALL ETERNITY:duh: !

Good points Gadfly - How about a scenario where Sceientology loses its religious exemption and tax exemption and competes as a for profit company with other self help groups on a level playing field? The reorganized non religious C of S could call itself, "The Hubbard Method" What do you think of that"
lkwdblds

lkwdblds

Crusader
I didn't forget!

And how could you forget the "new" carpeting made up of discarded, geometric-shaped carpet samples!

Rae, I helped glue that carpeting down at the old CCLA center in 1971. We had buckets of glue and small paint brushes and dipped them in the glue and dabbed the glue onto a cement slab floor and then selected a piece of carpet and glued it to the cement. An effort was made to make the contrasting shapes of the carpet scraps and contrasting colors of each piece look artsy or "avant garde." The carpet scraps were donated to CCLA.

The process worked well and several artists and public made comments that they really like the carpet. The whole thing was a charade. My Brother, who was on staff with me, summed it up brilliantly when he said, "They like it because they think we are going out of our way to create something artistic but little do they know that we are really doing this only because we can't afford regular carpeting."
lkwdblds