What's new

What Your Donations Buy on ESMB

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
The TV camera opens on a tall, thin, handsome man in a dark smoking jacket, standing at the mantel of a large fireplace, the fire billowing below.

The busts of Greek Philosophers, dead and despotic military dictators, and reality TV stars, adorn the room.

He smokes a cigarette, elegantly fitted into its long, golden holder, and smiles. The camera closes up...

"Hello.

I'm Alanzo.

I've come to you today to speak to you about a matter near and dear to my heart.

You see, it's that time of year again. And I need to tell you about something very important.

Too often, blogs are heavily controlled venues of rant, usually existing to highlight the blogger's own point of view.

On a blog, it's "CONFORM OR BE CAST OUT!" as so many of us have seen from the blogs of the recent Int Base Escapees here on the Internet.

Public message boards like ESMB are the last fortresses of true free speech left on the internet for the discussion of ALL aspects of Scientology, from EVERYONE's viewpoints: Pro, Con, Ex, indy, Never-ins, Freezoners, and even the Staunchest Churchies - all have a voice here on ESMB.

The treasure trove of 1st hand LRH stories ALONE are worth your donation to keep ESMB afloat. Without the invaluable viewpoints of all the people who were THERE, future generations could not make informed decisions regarding their involvement in Scientology.

But that's not really why I, Alanzo, am asking YOU to make your donations today to ESMB.

No. I am talking about something much more important than that:

Myself.

I have over 12,000 posts here on ESMB and I can not possibly keep track of all of them myself. That's why I am so grateful to Emma, The Clerk, for keeping track of them for me.

And so should you.

Give money to ESMB today, if not for present and future generations who need ALL the data on Scientology, then for me.

Thank you.

Last edited:
The TV camera opens on a tall, thin, handsome man in a dark smoking jacket, standing at the mantel of a large fireplace, the fire billowing below.

The busts of Greek Philosophers, dead and despotic military dictators, and reality TV stars, adorn the room.

He smokes a cigarette, elegantly fitted into its long, golden holder, and smiles. The camera closes up...

"Hello.

I'm Alanzo. ...

This sounds like Danny DeVito making his film autobiography and casting as himself, i.e. Danny, George Clooney. :p

Mark A. Baker

Things you won't get from donating to ESBM:

Incessant calls and letters asking you to donate yet more.
Huge, cheesy certificates in ceremonies which require you to grin for photographers like you've been poisoned by the Joker.
Updates that flaws in the ESBM-tech have been isolated due to evil infiltrators, and you must re-donate to get the 100% pure ESMB tech.
Promises of superpowers and cures.
Rhetoric about how all non-ESBM folks are inherently inferior, and only you can save them.

nozeno

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think there should be a sliding scale for donations.

People with the most posts should pay more since they are using more bandwidth.

:whistling:

A.K. Myers

Patron with Honors
Alanzo... I know the purpose of a smoking jacket... You smoke in it.
I know the purpose of running shoes... You run in them.
What then is the purpose of a wind breaker?

:coolwink:

Terril park

Sponsor

"Hello.

I'm Alanzo.

I've come to you today to speak to you about a matter near and dear to my heart.

You see, it's that time of year again. And I need to tell you about something very important.

Too often, blogs are heavily controlled venues of rant, usually existing to highlight the blogger's own point of view.

On a blog, it's "CONFORM OR BE CAST OUT!" as so many of us have seen from the blogs of the recent Int Base Escapees here on the Internet.

Public message boards like ESMB are the last fortresses of true free speech left on the internet for the discussion of ALL aspects of Scientology, from EVERYONE's viewpoints: Pro, Con, Ex, indy, Never-ins, Freezoners, and even the Staunchest Churchies - all have a voice here on ESMB.

The treasure trove of 1st hand LRH stories ALONE are worth your donation to keep ESMB afloat. Without the invaluable viewpoints of all the people who were THERE, future generations could not make informed decisions regarding their involvement in Scientology.

But that's not really why I, Alanzo, am asking YOU to make your donations today to ESMB.

No. I am talking about something much more important than that:

Myself.

I have over 12,000 posts here on ESMB and I can not possibly keep track of all of them myself. That's why I am so grateful to Emma, The Clerk, for keeping track of them for me.

And so should you.

Give money to ESMB today, if not for present and future generations who need ALL the data on Scientology, then for me.

Thank you.

LOL! Emma is your housekeeper?

Shut the fuck up you ^^^^^^^^

But cool message. :)

Feral

Rogue male
Is there a two for one deal where I can donate to both this board and Marty's?

We should keep things in balance, eh?