What's funny about Scientolgists

at3ist

Patron with Honors
So that tape 2 and the whole ron dewolf writtings are outhere in the internet?

If it were lerma would put it on his page, he only got some pages, there is other dude from here who said he read the whole thing.

Or maybe its one of those things that not only badmouth dead hubbard but some other people, hence the people who got it never revealed it. Or maybe its not important and just not worth the scanning time and effort.

Last edited:

PTS

Elliott
Pfft, even the Nazis are funny in certain contexts.

Nothing is black and white, except to scientologists.

What do you find funny about them? The genocide? The torture? The medical experimentation? The child abuse?
Some things fucking are black and white.

at3ist

Patron with Honors
What do you find funny about them? The genocide? The torture? The medical experimentation? The child abuse?
Some things fucking are black and white.

Cmon dude get a sense of humor, find the humor in it, for example in that scenario you say the funny thing is that those guys literally believed jews needed to be exterminated, they somehow made that conclusion, the world is a funny place. Like "remember when we were all broke and some guy with a mustache told us jews were responsible and we all trust him, we end up killing a bunch of em and then we got our asses kicked" the same way when tory magoo start telling her stories with a smile on her face, like "I was so stupid I trusted hubbard" funny stuff.

Stuff like we were convinced in dianetics that all problems were caused by the reactive mind, then we were teached that we were mocking up the reactive mind, lol wtf. He installed the reacitve mind and then charge you money to get rid of it, then he teach that is all a mock up. So funny.

If you still dont get it then your name will be changed from PTS to PMS, lol another joke.

Last edited:

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
What do you find funny about them? The genocide? The torture? The medical experimentation? The child abuse? Some things fucking are black and white.

Lighten up. The Nazis are parodied all the time. It doesn't legitimize them or their crimes.

[video=youtube;hn1VxaMEjRU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn1VxaMEjRU[/video]

Jump

Operating teatime
Things get put up, taken down - often by complaints from churchies to youtube, and storage sites... Lurk on the internet more, there are many things still available and being put up every day. You just have to search properly for it to find it.

Internet searches are always 100% workable when properly applied.

FIFY

Teanntás

Silver Meritorious Patron
Why am I getting the feeling that some of the posters here are living in a magical universe - assigning so much power to symbols? Wouldn't this be an indication of a gullibility comparable to a belief in scientology? Also shades of fundamentalist Christianity here? It seems to me that a Christian that would assign even the slightest fraction of God's power to Satan would be guilty of the grossest error.

at3ist

Patron with Honors
Its not that symbols have power in itself but they show people who use them intentions, and believes, for example for a scientologist seeing hubbard use of magickal symbols, he can make a better guess of what hubbard was all about.

Having said that, symbols do have some power to them, not in a magical sense but in a sociological one, since human comception we have been using symbols and until this modern days they play a role in what you buy and consume, when you see a swoosh you think of shoes now, or a cross is religion, baphomet is religion too, but maybe a different religion not so close to the one with the cross.

So if we agree that words have meaning and can shape you perception we also have to agree that symbols impact our neurological circuits in ways you can not properly understand, but its there, a warning symbol makes you stop even if you dont know how to read and people who dont know math can still buy and give change with money, a symbol that represents a lot of stuff nowdays.

But I do notice that some critics use scientology symbols and their relationship to crowley magick as a way to scare people and themselves into fearing scientology, like when they use the term scientology is satanic, cuz hubbard was into crowley, but crowley himslef was not really a satanist, but is not really that they are fundamental christians its just that symbols are so engraved in people minds that when you see a baphomet symbol you think of satan and evil stuff, so even people who apparently are schooling others fall in the trap of symbols and give the meaning they learned since they were lilttle children, the term black magick makes people freeze with fear, if they see a ritual that resemble what they saw in movies what a satanist is, then the person performing the ritual is a satanist, the same way a guy in black in the night climbing trees and roofs is a ninja or a thieft.

Last edited:

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
Its not that symbols have power in itself but they show people who use them intentions, and believes, for example for a scientologist seeing hubbard use of magickal symbols, he can make a better guess of what hubbard was all about.

Having said that, symbols do have some power to them, not in a magical sense but in a sociological one, since human comception we have been using symbols and until this modern days they play a role in what you buy and consume, when you see a swoosh you think of shoes now, or a cross is religion, baphomet is religion too, but maybe a different religion not so close to the one with the cross.

So if we agree that words have meaning and can shape you perception we also have to agree that symbols impact our neurological circuits in ways you can not properly understand, but its there, a warning symbol makes you stop even if you dont know how to read and people who dont know math can still buy and give change with money, a symbol that represents a lot of stuff nowdays.

I also believe it reveals something about Hubbard - I think he did believe in the power of those symbols, and that he put them out there in plain sight as yet another way of laughing at the rubes who believed him. He told people all the time what he was really doing, but layered it in so much shit you could not see the signal for the noise. He was an evil, evil man, and this is more proof of that.

at3ist

Patron with Honors
I also believe it reveals something about Hubbard - I think he did believe in the power of those symbols, and that he put them out there in plain sight as yet another way of laughing at the rubes who believed him. He told people all the time what he was really doing, but layered it in so much shit you could not see the signal for the noise. He was an evil, evil man, and this is more proof of that.

Sure, the guy was into magick and believed stuff like if you charge a symbol with people counciousness and attention, you gain power, which is true in a a way, look at big company logos, they get recognition in some times more powerful than religion, a recent study showed that children recognice ronald mcdonald more than presidents and historical figures, thats why hubbard was so into making people believe he was source.

So IMO its not like he was laughing about it, but he really believe those symbols gave him power, when you study magick you learn that kind of stuff, suddenly a date have meaning, a name its a thing of life or death, one of magick maxim goes "as above, so below" so thats a way to name your club after some god, that way your club will be big too, or to make little thing that you believe will make you big in the long run, little postulates become reality and stuff like that, that he even teached to scientologist with other terms. So by having a symbol in his book the guy was probably postulating conquering the world or making some god a reverence, like "Im trusting this book success to you baphomet" or who know more cryptic stuff too, if he summons demons and made pacts, thats a real thing that those guys do, apparently the entity appears and give them stuff in exchange for stuff like that, "make my name more know" can the demon ask, so the magician just design a couple of symbols for the demon.

That might sound far outhere but thats what magicians believe and if you read books written by them they actually claim the angel or demon appears and talk to them and make them do stuff, the other day I read a magician book called low magick by lon milo duquette, and when the guy was releasing a tarot of his own he performed a ritual and called all demons and angels so that everytime a person use his tarot the angels and demons make the experience better, and also so that his tarot was successful and people buy it.

So it not far outhere to think that hubbard trusted his work to entities in exchange of little favors like naming a book after them and making scientologist worship the entity by fooling them into believing they are worshiping themselves. If you believe that works or not its not the case, the important thing is to know that the person who thinks this way, believe it works and do it with that intention.

Stuff like signing a million year contrat can have a meaning, or a scientology special organisation can have another meaning, every symbol contructed and designed for a specific task, that again it doesnt mean it work just by doing it, but the intention its there.

Like the babalon work he did with parson, some people claim that the moonchild its actually scientology, maybe hubbard thinked the same and thats why he was so serious about making it suceed.

If you honestly ask me I believe is all BS, but there is people who think its true, so they act like that, like when that book the secrect came out a lot of people really believed that by imagining they were rich, they will become actually rich, without any actual work.

Last edited:

Teanntás

Silver Meritorious Patron
Sure, the guy was into magick and believed stuff like if you charge a symbol with people counciousness and attention, you gain power, which is true in a a way, look at big company logos, they get recognition in some times more powerful than religion, a recent study showed that children recognice ronald mcdonald more than presidents and historical figures, thats why hubbard was so into making people believe he was source.

So IMO its not like he was laughing about it, but he really believe those symbols gave him power, when you study magick you learn that kind of stuff, suddenly a date have meaning, a name its a thing of life or death, one of magick maxim goes "as above, so below" so thats a way to name your club after some god, that way your club will be big too, or to make little thing that you believe will make you big in the long run, little postulates become reality and stuff like that, that he even teached to scientologist with other terms. So by having a symbol in his book the guy was probably postulating conquering the world or making some god a reverence, like "Im trusting this book success to you baphomet" or who know more cryptic stuff too, if he summons demons and made pacts, thats a real thing that those guys do, apparently the entity appears and give them stuff in exchange for stuff like that, "make my name more know" can the demon ask, so the magician just design a couple of symbols for the demon.

That might sound far outhere but thats what magicians believe and if you read books written by them they actually claim the angel or demon appears and talk to them and make them do stuff, the other day I read a magician book called low magick by lon milo duquette, and when the guy was releasing a tarot of his own he performed a ritual and called all demons and angels so that everytime a person use his tarot the angels and demons make the experience better, and also so that his tarot was successful and people buy it.

So it not far outhere to think that hubbard trusted his work to entities in exchange of little favors like naming a book after them and making scientologist worship the entity by fooling them into believing they are worshiping themselves. If you believe that works or not its not the case, the important thing is to know that the person who thinks this way, believe it works and do it with that intention.

Stuff like signing a million year contrat can have a meaning, or a scientology special organisation can have another meaning, every symbol contructed and designed for a specific task, that again it doesnt mean it work just by doing it, but the intention its there.

Like the babalon work he did with parson, some people claim that the moonchild its actually scientology, maybe hubbard thinked the same and thats why he was so serious about making it suceed.

If you honestly ask me I believe is all BS, but there is people who think its true, so they act like that, like when that book the secrect came out a lot of people really believed that by imagining they were rich, they will become actually rich, without any actual work.

You make excellent points about the use and potency of symbols.

I just think that investing people like Hubbard and others with the religious characteristics of Satan and devils and elevating them to demigods or demidevils doesn't advance our understanding of these men and that it is better and wiser to describe them in terms and characteristics of modern psychology.