WHAT'S LEFT TO SELL ?

Jump

Operating teatime
When and if they are not too stupid, they'll never be broke. They have enough money, real estate and other assets to live very comfortably off the increase in value of all that stuff. Real estate is a limited resource, so it's value can only go up over a longer period of time. Same goes for e.g. rare and valuable metals.

Had you bought a bar of pure gold for $1,000.- 50 years ago, how much would that be worth today? Had you bought a cheap piece of farmland for the same price at the same time, how much would that be worth today? Had you invested your thousand bucks in a good, solid collection of enterprise shares on the stock market, how much would your portfolio be worth today?

With the billions of assets they have, I'd say it's almost impossible that they'd ever go broke, unless it's out of pure stupidity.

Oh, and they don't need to sell anything anymore either, the steady increase of value from what they have would be enough to keep them going.

Ayup. Unless you were an avaricious psychopath.

:whistling:

Leland

Crusader
Well....if DB buys $10 million in stereo gear.....$2000 shoes.....$500 bottles of scotch..... He may whittle the stack down a bit.

IMO.....that money is gonna be burning a hole in his pocket.....

IMO he'll want to "play with it" perhaps to make it better? And fuck it up.

Didn't he lose $10 million speculating in Oil Futures? If that story is true...and I believe it is....then he could do pretty much anything he wanted to, I suppose, in the way of "investing " it our using it.....(as far as having access to it.)

Maybe a Scientology private jet? I bet he would like one.

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
Not necessarily. If it's in a good neighborhood, yes. If it's in a deteriorating neighborhood (for example, parts of Detroit), then its value will go down.

That's how long-term investment works. The more a certain part of town deteriorates, the cheaper it gets and therefore the more you buy. Then, when you own a really big chunk of that part, of town, let's say at least a few blocks, then you take some real money into you hands, renovate the whole area and make it a high-class "In" part of town. Now the prices there will sky-rocket and you'll get your initial investment back hundreds of times.

If you're ever in my neck of the woods, visit me. Make sure you have a car and enough time and I can show you several people who did just that: Buy deteriorating slum quarters when prices are low, let them deteriorate some more, and when the time is right, tear it all down and build a nice, high-class, YUPie-quarter, one block at a time. (YUP=Young Urban Professional). Value goes up, rent increases at least by the factor of 3 in your quarter and within 3 - 5 years or so your investment has more than paid off and will bring in some serious dough for many decades to come.

I can show you a few former slum quarters and the people who have been and still are owning them, and they did it exactly as I just described.

Boson Wog Stark

Patron Meritorious
Straight donations is where it's at and where they raise the majority of their money now a days. Selling actual things (books, CDs) or courses is much lower on the priority list these days - why shouldn't it be? Much better to get your money for nothing and slaves for free!

Selling Scientology to the raw meat has become difficult if not impossible now, so why bother reading a book, trying to learn a process and using it on people when, instead, you can just donate money for something like the distribution of way to happyface pamphlets and, bingo, crime rate plummets in Colombia, and your status soars. That's the real magick of Scientology.

Scientology has never made giving so easy, and there are so many worthy causes: IAS, dozens of front groups, library books, local Org, sister Org, Org continents, LRH Hall.

You don't have to pretend that smoking more will prevent cancer, or your eyesight is perfect when it isn't, just give, give, give. Scientology is expanding so fast that soon the entire planet will be OT.

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
What is left to sell? We have had the GAT I and GAT II but David Miscavige hasn't even started with the policy modifications. The Golden Age Of Policy. GOP. All of the remaining public will have to buy new OEC volumes. Management groups such as Sterling Management will be required to buy those volumes as well as do the new GOP OEC and GOP FEBC in order to remain current.

At some point in the future they will announce a previously undiscovered trove of technical bulletins written by L Ron Hubbard listing 12 new rundowns that had never been seen before. They were hidden by some long gone SP in an effort to stop Scientology.

Then there is OT 9 and OT 10 and other levels above OT 8 which can be made up and sold to the few people who are still in hoping to get these magical OT abilities that Ron promised us so long ago.

I was thinking that too, discovering the missing OT levels would be handy. Also finding the missing ethics teck to handle that which stopped everything so far from working. But really there's only so much of this kind of thing that can be done.

I know if you stay at clear (like me) and fail to attain the benefits of OT3 you come ethics material (like me). I wonder what will happen to the few people who will manage to do OT8 and are stuck on the bridge. If you believed in the tech you would feel that the bridge now ends over a chasm, a long way from it's goal. With no one to finish the job.

I can't see how any scientologists could continue much longer without having the blinding cognition that they have been shafted by a roll of barbed wire tied to a steam hammer.

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Oh goody! How much does it cost to join? And once I have joined, will someone tell me what these things are really for?

When I was doing the purif at London Org we were using various different Saunas. The first one I went to had a receptionist with a very low cut blouse with an enormous medallion nestled between two vast wrinkly orbs, and there were signs around advertising extra services. I think they had their own version of an oiliness table. They did several different types of massage too. The trained staff must have been good at achieving F/N VGI's judging from the smiles on some of the client's faces as they were leaving. :yes:

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
When I was doing the purif at London Org we were using various different Saunas. The first one I went to had a receptionist with a very low cut blouse with an enormous medallion nestled between two vast wrinkly orbs, and there were signs around advertising extra services. I think they had their own version of an oiliness table. They did several different types of massage too. The trained staff must have been good at achieving F/N VGI's judging from the smiles on some of the client's faces as they were leaving. :yes:
Well, thanks for that L4, the penny's finally dropped re. the oiliness table. I was beginning to think, since the 'bodies in the shop' stats have been plummeting of late, that the CofS was branching out and had hired a bunch of masseurs and masseuses.

Mookster

Patron
When and if they are not too stupid, they'll never be broke. They have enough money, real estate and other assets to live very comfortably off the increase in value of all that stuff. Real estate is a limited resource, so it's value can only go up over a longer period of time. Same goes for e.g. rare and valuable metals.

Had you bought a bar of pure gold for $1,000.- 50 years ago, how much would that be worth today? Had you bought a cheap piece of farmland for the same price at the same time, how much would that be worth today? Had you invested your thousand bucks in a good, solid collection of enterprise shares on the stock market, how much would your portfolio be worth today?

With the billions of assets they have, I'd say it's almost impossible that they'd ever go broke, unless it's out of pure stupidity.

Oh, and they don't need to sell anything anymore either, the steady increase of value from what they have would be enough to keep them going.

There is only one way I could see them losing a sizable chunk of assets and that would be arrears. Uncle Sam would have to decide in a landmark decision that due to fraudulent activities blah blah blah that they owe back taxes in the sum of many millions of dollars. That or a lawsuit of immense proportions with restitution owed to every single person they've defrauded including the estates of those no longer living.

Thanks to the Waco debacle the US government is too pansified to do much of anything about $cientology and the church knows it. They also know that most of the people they've wronged would rather move on and forget about them than band together in some massive class action suit. With those two things to count on in their favor, they'll continue to draw in small handfuls of naive slave labor they can bankrupt on a regular basis. Whoever fills DMs shoes when he dies will continue on in the style to which he has become accustomed, they will continue to be the cult best known for shooting themselves in the foot and being a punchline for late night stand up comedy, and life will go on. lol

looker

Patron Meritorious
I know a guy who was on OT7 for 12 years then finally got onto OT8 spent 2 years on OT8 in 1982, completed and is now CSed to redo OT7 again before he can redo OT8. And, he is looking forward to re-doing it!!! :omg:

Cant they get anything right the first time? Well I guess not. The guy makes good money and a member of WISE and as such has the WISE guys in his office applying LRH ORG tech every week.

Between him and his 3 ex wives he has spent well over $3 Mill on the never ending bridge. He has down sized several times. Sold his house(s) to be closer to work so he won't need a car because he can walk to work, which is healthy at 62 years old. Harumph

Amongst the things NOT selling are the Class 8 thru 12 courses. The old timers been there and done that and a probably on a big withold mentally saying Fuck DM, Fuck GAT II. I'm in my 60s or 70s no retirement and no way to recover the money I already was squeezed for. I'm fucked. I'm gonna die alone in the dark eating canned cat food unless I GTFO.

I guess they must believed that bumper sticker I saw once...."Why worry there's always welfare"

Last edited:

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
That's how long-term investment works. The more a certain part of town deteriorates, the cheaper it gets and therefore the more you buy. Then, when you own a really big chunk of that part, of town, let's say at least a few blocks, then you take some real money into you hands, renovate the whole area and make it a high-class "In" part of town. Now the prices there will sky-rocket and you'll get your initial investment back hundreds of times.

If you're ever in my neck of the woods, visit me. Make sure you have a car and enough time and I can show you several people who did just that: Buy deteriorating slum quarters when prices are low, let them deteriorate some more, and when the time is right, tear it all down and build a nice, high-class, YUPie-quarter, one block at a time. (YUP=Young Urban Professional). Value goes up, rent increases at least by the factor of 3 in your quarter and within 3 - 5 years or so your investment has more than paid off and will bring in some serious dough for many decades to come.

I can show you a few former slum quarters and the people who have been and still are owning them, and they did it exactly as I just described.

That's true when the population density ensures a place will never be totally abandoned - it's most true where there is a positive population pressure from the outside - in places like NY or LA. In cities the center of the US, no one is clamoring to move there. Everyone is heading for the coasts. The center of the US has net population losses (a trend that's over 30 years old), and it's going to take more than a generation or two to turn that around.

If you were to buy property in Detroit, odds are it would appreciate - eventually. Land always does - eventually. Odds are also that only your grandchildren would see an appreciable appreciation, likely at the end of their lives. Property values have been dropping in Detroit since the riots of 1968 - that's a 45 year trend that is accelerating, not abating, at the present time. If you want appreciation, buy slum lots in Jersey City, Westchester County, Bridgeport, CT - the places just on the periphery of greater NY. Same with Prince Georges County, MD, Montgomery County, MD, and Fairfax County, VA - the population pressure in NY and DC is only going up as the perverse incentives of the monied industries there attract more and more people.

The nearest analogy to what's going on in the heartland of the US is what happened in Europe after the Black Death - land was really, really cheap for 2 or 3 generations because the population had dropped so much. In fact much farmland went fallow, which is what you are seeing in certain parts of the US, albeit there it's that nature is reclaiming once populated land.

uniquemand

Unbeliever
I know a guy who was on OT7 for 12 years then finally got onto OT8 spent 2 years on OT8 in 1982, completed and is now CSed to redo OT7 again before he can redo OT8. And, he is looking forward to re-doing it!!! :omg:

Cant they get anything right the first time? Well I guess not. The guy makes good money and a member of WISE and as such has the WISE guys in his office applying LRH ORG tech every week.

Between him and his 3 ex wives he has spent well over $3 Mill on the never ending bridge. He has down sized several times. Sold his house(s) to be closer to work so he won't need a car because he can walk to work, which is healthy at 62 years old. Harumph

Amongst the things NOT selling are the Class 8 thru 12 courses. The old timers been there and done that and a probably on a big withold mentally saying Fuck DM, Fuck GAT II. I'm in my 60s or 70s no retirement and no way to recover the money I already was squeezed for. I'm fucked. I'm gonna die alone in the dark eating canned cat food.

I guess they must believed that bumper sticker I saw once...."Why worry there's always welfare"

I know several folks with similar stories. It's very sad and tragic. I know there are mostly people who think "the tech" is useless or totally dangerous here, but for me, it is as simple as "the communication formula", along with some basic understanding of "end phenomena" paired with "flows" and the logic of creating questions that investigate the source of the person's issue. All the complicated procedures, bells and whistles and hyperstressed insistence on robotic recapitulation of someone else's formulations... are simply unnecessary or actually standing in the way of simply being present, asking a pertinent question, listening, and watching for "EP".

eldritch cuckoo

brainslugged reptilian
I don't feel that the life of the cult can be accurately measured by cash holdings

oh, sorry! i wanted that to refer to their ability to sue and harass people by bying lawyers and private investigators and so on to be a threathening wretch to the world, but then forget to mention that. for me that was/is the aspect that bothers me most; so i was glad to read that actual prognoses about how soon they might be factually inoperable. they won't get new customers even with orgs open, right, or they might sell the orgs and the dwarfenmaster (good one...! that was some bunkeroo but i don't remember...) lives on lucky(ily?) until he dies on lung cancer, but anyhow they won't sell much hazardous spyin'trollogy technology. but that question of for how long they might be able to operate as a factual terror organization DOES come down to that question of money. scientologists trolling SPs (IRL) are a problem, but each SP/critic (formerly or still) being hunted down by expensive lawyers and private investigators, this is much MORE of a problem! - honestly, i don't aspect the US government to take action all too soon, at last not before all the public totally cries out for it; because of that SICKENING devout respect for religion in that pilgrim-founded nation on the one hand, and on the other hand because of that problem of a "hostage" situation with the IRS and otherwise which seems to be there. (means, some people are anxious just to lose their heads if serious action against scn is taken, because scn has compromising information on them... orso. i think that's the summary.) ergo? DM taking much of the money to some island? "ugh." :unsure: scientology the terror organization staying operable? "UUUGH!!" :hand:

all aspects of scn "tech" are a bit more dissociating, binding and addicting than the average esoterics whacko crack but still, without "SP handling" and disconnection practics having all the tech out there used by freezoners or "scientological philosophers" (why not? by now...) and mastermind squirrels (come on! :p ) like marty would be not so MUCH more sad/detrimental than any esoteric fraud is. people outside the sociopathic claws of "scientology inc." and who are using the internet are open for discussion, more or less, and so they're open to education. on long term. in my words, scientologists outside "scientology inc." theoretically are open for deprogrammation, in varying degrees ofcourse. i think the TRUTH in itself, and that means, scientific results, not philosophic pipe dreams without possible falsification or "proof", is the most powerful deprogrammation tool because of stable facts that are conglomerating and reinforcing and confirming each other, while hopefully being just minimally contradictory or only on the "fringes" where a theory might lack validation or a postulate waits for statistics or long term study to back it up. there are always facts that are becoming suddenly falsified after a while by new experiments or discoveries but then that usually is of no concern to science as a whole, at the utmost it requires to re-write large sections of the textbooks of a branche. (say, continental drift, discovery of bacteria as the origin of sicknesses, DNA, evolution, the oort cloud as the new border of the solar system, expansion of the universe, or such; or if parapsychology should make some breakthrough. well, or if our universe melts with another one. could go on with the (stable) linking of gravity and electromagnetism.) resistance is futile, we're the collective of information. wikipedia and google... the architect and the oracle. - just sayin'.

(i suppose this posting was hard to read. i know i'm messing up the grammar here and making funky formulations but i'm typing fast; if annoyed, see my last post, about the fvck1n9 harddisc making creepy noises, to get more annoyed. besides, i've already written a post similar to that one, though longer, earlier today and lost it by some wrong click.)

eldritch cuckoo

brainslugged reptilian
I know there are mostly people who think "the tech" is useless or totally dangerous here, but for me, it is as simple as "the communication formula", along with some basic understanding of "end phenomena" paired with "flows" and the logic of creating questions that investigate the source of the person's issue. All the complicated procedures, bells and whistles and hyperstressed insistence on robotic recapitulation of someone else's formulations... are simply unnecessary or actually standing in the way of simply being present, asking a pertinent question, listening, and watching for "EP".

no objections. take away what you want (preferably "SP handling" first), and the rest will be likely a less toxic mixture. - though people are quite consent about that LRH has taken most the functioning aspects from others, that doesn't change if an aspect works -- in a therapeutical sense or as aid for concentration that effectively helps to study stuff... albeit studying non-scn stuff as well; and preferably not just working as a tool of dissociation while studying more contradictory LRH stuff. psychoanalysis/therapy does refuse to use lie detectors? hehe, that's a pity, sincerely. - i say, LRH "tech" can ONLY ever be of use if squirreled... heavily. whatever a certain "oachkatzlschwoaf" (search :wink2: ) makes up next, chances are good that it will be something a bit less crazy and more functional and a bit more useful (in a therapeutical sense) and less MEAN than what LRH made, all in all.

Anonycat

Crusader
oh, sorry! i wanted that to refer to their ability to sue and harass people by bying lawyers and private investigators and so on to be a threathening wretch to the world, but then forget to mention that. for me that was/is the aspect that bothers me most; so i was glad to read that actual prognoses about how soon they might be factually inoperable. they won't get new customers even with orgs open, right, or they might sell the orgs and the dwarfenmaster (good one...! that was some bunkeroo but i don't remember...) lives on lucky(ily?) until he dies on lung cancer, but anyhow they won't sell much hazardous spyin'trollogy technology. but that question of for how long they might be able to operate as a factual terror organization DOES come down to that question of money.

I do agree about their strength in court against plaintiffs, and their ability to settle for large cash payments. But that does not a cult make. They need people taking courses to qualify, not expensive lawyers.

scientologists trolling SPs (IRL) are a problem, but each SP/critic (formerly or still) being hunted down by expensive lawyers and private investigators, this is much MORE of a problem! - honestly, i don't aspect the US government to take action all too soon, at last not before all the public totally cries out for it; because of that SICKENING devout respect for religion in that pilgrim-founded nation on the one hand, and on the other hand because of that problem of a "hostage" situation with the IRS and otherwise which seems to be there. (means, some people are anxious just to lose their heads if serious action against scn is taken, because scn has compromising information on them... orso. i think that's the summary.) ergo? DM taking much of the money to some island? "ugh." :unsure: scientology the terror organization staying operable? "UUUGH!!" :hand:

Scilons do troll us, and will until the end. Just last week, I saw some poor guy handing out Free Stress Test pamphlets, miles away from the Org, to very disinterested people. So I stopped, and he didn't notice. I said: What's that? He handed me one. I asked: What's this about? In a bored voice he said: Read it. I could tell it was just a task for him, and he knew very well that it would make no difference.

The exes I know ... some have been "hunted down", but only by area staff who were trying to get them back in. And that never worked. As far as being a vector for cult harassment, you have to be very, very meaningful to them. Like Marty and his wife. One of the benefits of today's public opinion regarding the cult, is that it's very click-worthy on websites and blogs. People doing a search for scientology, will find a ton of articles about them. Tony Ortega, of course, specializes in it. Others do, too. And the time from OSA incident to press, is lightening fast. They can't hide anymore, and people don't have to fear them as they once did.

Scientology has (in the US) non-profit status, which they call a religion. I don't see a problem with holding out hope that the US will someday get on the bandwagon and declare that they are not entitled to that.

all aspects of scn "tech" are a bit more dissociating, binding and addicting than the average esoterics whacko crack but still, without "SP handling" and disconnection practics having all the tech out there used by freezoners or "scientological philosophers" (why not? by now...) and mastermind squirrels (come on! :p ) like marty would be not so MUCH more sad/detrimental than any esoteric fraud is. people outside the sociopathic claws of "scientology inc." and who are using the internet are open for discussion, more or less, and so they're open to education. on long term. in my words, scientologists outside "scientology inc." theoretically are open for deprogrammation, in varying degrees ofcourse. i think the TRUTH in itself, and that means, scientific results, not philosophic pipe dreams without possible falsification or "proof", is the most powerful deprogrammation tool because of stable facts that are conglomerating and reinforcing and confirming each other, while hopefully being just minimally contradictory or only on the "fringes" where a theory might lack validation or a postulate waits for statistics or long term study to back it up. there are always facts that are becoming suddenly falsified after a while by new experiments or discoveries but then that usually is of no concern to science as a whole, at the utmost it requires to re-write large sections of the textbooks of a branche. (say, continental drift, discovery of bacteria as the origin of sicknesses, DNA, evolution, the oort cloud as the new border of the solar system, expansion of the universe, or such; or if parapsychology should make some breakthrough. well, or if our universe melts with another one. could go on with the (stable) linking of gravity and electromagnetism.) resistance is futile, we're the collective of information. wikipedia and google... the architect and the oracle. - just sayin'.

I don't understand you.

(i suppose this posting was hard to read. i know i'm messing up the grammar here and making funky formulations but i'm typing fast; if annoyed, see my last post, about the fvck1n9 harddisc making creepy noises, to get more annoyed. besides, i've already written a post similar to that one, though longer, earlier today and lost it by some wrong click.)

Sorry about the creepy hard drive, but I can read through typos just fine.

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
Well, thanks for that L4, the penny's finally dropped re. the oiliness table. I was beginning to think, since the 'bodies in the shop' stats have been plummeting of late, that the CofS was branching out and had hired a bunch of masseurs and masseuses.

Is that why John Travolta is still in?

mockingbird

Silver Meritorious Patron
Okay Eldritch Cuckoo , I almost cannot stress enough that what produces virtually all the results I've heard of requires hypnotic and covert persuasion in Scientology , that allowing it in ANY form is to me an unconscionable violation of human rights.

It is built on lies , and the student or preclear or pre-OT or staff member having their mind altered in a manner that by reducing the critical factor disables consent.

In other words it removes free choice and independent thinking routinely by its most basic construction and the" laws " ( really tendencies and weaknesses would be more accurate ) governing thought and communication.

I don't see how something that almost exclusively is built on lies and freewill disabling techniques THAT also leave one very vulnerable to alteration or harm ( which very often occur despite ANY intentions of auditors , sups etc . ) can ever be reformed or moderated into something morally acceptable to practice , endorse or even allow.

It by the very way it is built infuses logical fallacies severely into the practitioners and recipients so severely as to be considered universal by some analysts.

Some after interacting with or studying Scientologists ALWAYS expect certain clusters of symptoms usually found in the severely mentally ill and are surprised if they don't find these symptoms.

Many cult specialists stress the frequency or these symptoms being caused by Scientology that they suggest a very different approach to the ex-cultist , that rather than stressing early childhood as the cause of symptoms , they look to the cult experience itself as the area to first consider and explore.

Reversing the usual approach in therapy.

I don't think you will ever find some hidden nuggets of wisdom in this pile of shit.

I try to NEVER use or think in cult terms , EXCEPT to explain what the lies were or the ( false ) doctrine to someone , or for J & D.

I cannot stop others , BUT I can discourage in the strongest possible terms and ways , and as I get more people to listen I can more broadly spread my message.

Simply Dianetics and Scientology in ANY form are harmful and violate human rights and I don't see any way you can take that out of them . EVER by any means.