What's new

What's the Retirement Plan for Sea Org Members?

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
I was never in the Sea Org, so maybe one or two of you DB Ex-SO members can answer my question for me....

Once you've spent 30 or 40 years working for the Sea Organization and you are in your 60's and 70's, what happens to you?

Where do they put you?

Do they have any kind of plan at all for those people who have given most of their lives to the Sea Org?

Is there even any policy on this?

What is normally done with these people after a lifetime of contribution?

I think this is going to be the subject of my next video to Celebrity Scientologists, so give me all the details.

START!

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
There IS a policy letter, part of the Finance Series, but it is a restricted issue and not in the OEC vols.

It says when an SO member gets too old/sick etc. to do a full-time post, put him on half pay and look after him. To emphasize the point, it does not say offload the downstat DB for not offing himself as the greatest good.

When I visited SH around 2002 and met some old friends one of them was in his 80s and still worked part-time, but he got off at 6pm. He was in good spirits.

I read here about Thelma Cusworth being looked after in SO premises at the end of her life, not kicked out like they seem to do in PAC.

Paul

duddins

Patron Meritorious
I was never in the Sea Org, so maybe one or two of you DB Ex-SO members can answer my question for me....

Once you've spent 30 or 40 years working for the Sea Organization and you are in your 60's and 70's, what happens to you?

Where do they put you?

Do they have any kind of plan at all for those people who have given most of their lives to the Sea Org?

I think this is going to be the subject of my next video to Celebrity Scientologists, so give me all the details.

START!

Damn good questions Alanzo.

Being a DB ex-SO SP bitch monster enroute to hell....you would think that I would know some definitive answers to your quesitons.

Considering that I worked on Staff Pay projects under the CMO for years, one would think.......

But...honestly....the elderly were just not ever brought up as a concept.

I know of no plan, no allication of funds, no program, no policy for the elderly.

That does not mean that there was no plan....just that I knew of none. But I would be REALLY, REALLY surprised if anyone can come up with one.

We were all young and Thetans...you know....noone was really growing OLD!

At least noone that was discussed as a priority, except for LRH that is. I'm pretty sure he had a retirement plan. :wink2:

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
There IS a policy letter, part of the Finance Series, but it is a restricted issue and not in the OEC vols.

It says when an SO member gets too old/sick etc. to do a full-time post, put him on half pay and look after him. To emphasize the point, it does not say offload the downstat DB for not offing himself as the greatest good.

When I visited SH around 2002 and met some old friends one of them was in his 80s and still worked part-time, but he got off at 6pm. He was in good spirits.

I read here about Thelma Cusworth being looked after in SO premises at the end of her life, not kicked out like they seem to do in PAC.

Paul

Interesting. So you've seen an SO member in their retirement years. They work part time (is that 40 hours?), get half pay - $15 per week or so and they have a place to sleep and 3 meals a day?

What did you see in PAC - where all the Scientology celebrities are??

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Damn good questions Alanzo.

Being a DB ex-SO SP bitch monster enroute to hell....you would think that I would know some definitive answers to your quesitons.

Considering that I worked on Staff Pay projects under the CMO for years, one would think.......

But...honestly....the elderly were just not ever brought up as a concept.

I know of no plan, no allication of funds, no program, no policy for the elderly.

That does not mean that there was no plan....just that I knew of none. But I would be REALLY, REALLY surprised if anyone can come up with one.

We were all young and Thetans...you know....noone was really growing OLD!

At least noone that was discussed as a priority, except for LRH that is. I'm pretty sure he had a retirement plan. :wink2:

Have you ever seen the policy that Paul was talking about?

Anyone ever been an SSO?

What did you do when you had a person who'd been around for decades and was ready to retire?

By the way, does anyone know what happened to Dorthy Broaded? Was she offloaded?

How about Peter at ASHO? He would be getting up in years. What did they do with him?

I think I'm going to focus on a few stories on individuals that maybe some of these Scientology celebrities might have known.

How they can stand by and let this happen, I don't know.

I'll have to remember to ask them that in my video - how can you stand idly by and let this happen?.

Then, when they call, they can tell me.

lrnobs

Patron with Honors

Where do they put you?

START!

There isn't a retirement home like the Catholics have for old priests and nuns.

From what I saw when I was in, and have read about in the last few years, when you get sick you get put out. Some people have to go back begging to be taken care of by their families, and these may be the very same family members that they disconnected from years earlier.

I think they also have no Social Security either.

"Go die and come back in 21 years to resume your billion year contract."

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
There isn't a retirement home like the Catholics have for old priests and nuns.

From what I saw when I was in, and have read about in the last few years, when you get sick you get put out. Some people have to go back begging to be taken care of by their families, and these may be the very same family members that they disconnected from years earlier.

I think they also have no Social Security either.

"Go die and come back in 21 years to resume your billion year contract."

Do you have any names of anyone that this has happened to? Any other specifics - names, dates, locations?

I want to research this fully, and present the facts of what happened.

ExCMO

Patron

Where do they put you?

START!

...and damn PROUD to be a DB ex-SO. LOL!

Beyond the policy mentioned by Dulloldfart, I know no other answer. As far as I know, there's nothing. Zero. Nada. Ashes to ashes and dust to dust. I don't even think they'll pay for a coffin. It's not in the Finantial Plan. No Purchase Order approved.:duh:

The "reward" you get is a nice issue saying that you've kicked your boots, that you did a lot of good stuff, that your PC folders are closed until you return next lifetime and you are kindly given a "21-year leave of absence", at which time, you're to report back to post. I'm not kidding.

Giuseppe

Patron with Honors
By the way, does anyone know what happened to Dorthy Broaded? Was she offloaded?

Dorothy, she was a good lady to Giuseppe. Many attitudes with her sometimes, but she was a good being inside...

Dorothy continues in the SO Staff until Dorothy passed away some years past.

Giuseppe has a great effort with this issue. Giuseppe has a great fear that the mother of Giuseppe will be in this situation completely soon.

Giuseppe will be this to the 'foot the bill' and will be to caregiver of the mother.

If the SP is becoming of Giuseppe, then mother of Giuseppe will be going to function 'out of luck' and not to approach Giuseppe on taking care of the mother decrepit of Giuseppe.

Giuseppe is very afraid.

Giuseppe

Patron with Honors
Another conversation:

Giuseppe talked of this to Giuseppe's mother and this is not looking good for Giuseppe.

Giuseppe's mother is very excited about the future and old age and becoming on post for the entire duration of mother's life and going into the home of the old peoples until the death grip releases her from this earth (FRAG). Giuseppe's mother is 100% certainty the SO will pay for this care-give services.

After a short 21 year vacation, Giuseppe's mother intends to respawn as an SO member and continue the fight.

duddins

Patron Meritorious
That is right...no Social Security. To get Social Security you have to put income into Social Security. All those years in the SO represent a big zero on the books. When I recieve my reports, the years between 1974 and 1985 are gaps as far as the government are concerned.

I do recall reading a policy, now that Paul brings it up. When I was first trained, it was required that I study, duplicate and be checked on every Finance Policy written to that point. Damn I even recall writing one or two and ammending them as well and sending them to the Boss (LRH) for his blessing. (ah the memories you that keep popping up)

There were no policies at that time that allowed compensation or any form of retirement.

Chuck Beatty is a regular encyclopedia. He was the mad hatter at Flag. He may recall more than I do.

I think Paul has it right. Half pay, a job off the mainstream (easier low pressure menial jobs) and basic care.

But, caring for the elderly costs money.

No FOLO or Flag financial system included any allocation to be set aside to care for elderly members. Any desired funds would have to be CSW'd on an "as needed" basis.

Alanzo.....I knew of staff that had been offloaded because they were no longer considered useful. I cannot remember names, so sorry. I am certain that if you keep this up, names and places will be remembered.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Another conversation:

Giuseppe talked of this to Giuseppe's mother and this is not looking good for Giuseppe.

Giuseppe's mother is very excited about the future and old age and becoming on post for the entire duration of mother's life and going into the home of the old peoples until the death grip releases her from this earth (FRAG). Giuseppe's mother is 100% certainty the SO will pay for this care-give services.

After a short 21 year vacation, Giuseppe's mother intends to respawn as an SO member and continue the fight.

Thank you Guiseppe.

Maybe by the time your mother is ready to retire - there will actually be a Sea Org retirement home for her, and for all other Sea Org members who contributed their lives to Scientology.

If we can do something about it now.

I think John Travolta would be a guy who might be interested in taking up this cause.

Maybe he can either speak to David Miscavige about it, or he can speak to the world wide media about it. And maybe, if he can stop looking away and get his ethics in, he can turn around and handle his Church to do the right thing.

Yes, we'll see if Guiseppe's mother can hopefully count on John Travolta to handle this situation.

Next video from Cornfield Productions: An Open Letter to John Travolta.

Be watching for it!

And if you haven't seen it yet, go see "An Open Letter to Tom Cruise" on Youtube - favorite it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzLJEQLXVfY

Digg it, too!!!
http://digg.com/celebrity/An_Open_Letter_to_Tom_Cruise

(This idea has legs, people. Scientology celebrities are very vulnerable to public opinion. And they have pull within the Church, if only the ability to speak out against them. So let's get this going!)

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
This one's gonna be good:

From Jesse Prince -

A Sea Org member of ten years plus, Diane Morrison, who was
approximately 30 years old, had been diagnosed with cancer.
Scientology is paranoid about X-rays and gamma rays, and they refused
to let Diane get chemotherapy. The two Scientology doctors, one was LRH's
personal physician--N.B. LRH is dead too..., prescribed a course of
vitamin therapy and auditing to cure Diane's cancer.

Needless to say, Diane continued to worsen day by day. Finally, one of
the doctors told her to let go so she could just die. Some doctor, huh?
Diane stopped eating and drinking after that, and she turned into a walk-
ing skeleton. She was in constant pain and would moan and scream day and
night. Her husband, Shawn Morrison, was the Port Captain, which is the
post responsible for dealing with public relations matters for the
base in Hemet. Shawn refused to visit his wife, but after a time he
was ordered to go and visit her. When he saw what had happened to her
he screamed and ran out of the room.

It was known that Diane was very close to death, and it would have
been a public relations flap if she had died on the base. So Shawn was
ordered to take her off the base to his mother's house so she could
die there. Being a good Sea Org member, Shawn drove her, screaming and
moaning, to his mother's house where she was laid under an air
conditioner.

Diane died within two days. She did not die of cancer. She died of
starvation.

Shawn was upset because he had to miss post time to drive Diane to his
mother's house.

Diane's death was a horrifying experience to all who knew about it.
Thanks for this one, LRnobs!

I can remember reading this one when I first got out but couldn't remember where.

This has to be THE MOST SICKENING THING I have EVER READ.

And to think this used to be my RELIGION.