What's new

WHEN GURUS ATTACK!

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
There is a startling similarity that occurs when charismatic, messianic cult leaders are asked about their supernatural claims. They cleverly misdirect people from looking by ATTACKING something else.

It is a trick used since the beginning of recorded history. Savvy politicians create enemies to gather their power. Propagandists of all kind cleverly find or manufacture a "DEVIL" to fight. Even kids who get caught (somehow) instinctively know that it sometimes works to point the finger at another kid and say "He did it!"

Not long ago, I put up a thread that touched on Hubbard answering criticism by "attacking". There is even a video of Hubbard demonstrating how he does it. (reference thread: "HUBBARD DEMO: 2 COOL TRICKS TO USE ON HUMANS")

So many cults (religious, political, etc.) have astonishing parallels to Scientology in this respect. Their basic successful actions are to:

Guarantee Immortality in a heavenly place or state

Claim they are the only way to the promised land

Represent supernatural powers as evidence of the truth of their story

Bring paying members up thru a series of confidential levels

So, take a look at Maharishi Mahesh Yogi being interviewed by Larry King. Larry asks him WHAT IS YOGIC FLYING? (PS: If you are not real familiar with the the Guru's upper OT levels where supernatural superpowers are attained, here's a cringe-inducing video on Yogic Flying):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHwhGUo90jw&feature=rec-HM-r2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nQXVRjMoUE&feature=related

Well, Larry King isn't known for hardballing guests who adroitly tiptoe around sensitive questions. But, it is fascinating that the GURU never answers the question that is asked. What should the followup question have been? How about: "Hey guru, you are the most advanced spiritual leader, can you show us some flying today and if not when can we see it?"

Instead of proudly showing how YOGIC FLYING works and demonstrating it in the studio live by floating up into thin air, he goes on a soft rampage about
the evils of medicine (sound like "evil psychs" anyone?) and the evils of science. He roundly accuses much of the technical world of "FRAUD".

Of course, the biggest fraud of all is that fact that "YOGIC FLYING" never existed, never happened, ever. Not once. It is the mythical OT LEVEL that you hear about and read about but you never once see demonstrated.

Perhaps, if there is any "eternity" guaranteed by these gurus, it is the eternity that mythical character Sisyphus was condemned forever to repeat.... the absurd task of pushing a boulder up a mountain that only rolled back down again.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Tiziano_-_Sísifo.jpg

Quite interestingly, when these enlightened GURUS are challenged to show the goods, they misdirect the audience by attacking.....but they don't limit their misdirection to negatives. They also misdirect by making even more ridiculous claims about how the practice of their "upper levels" actually brings about world peace.

Hubbard does it with the "released theta" of the Solo Nots auditors.

The Maharishi similarly claims that his Yogic Fliers are bringing about world peace.

It's a cool technique, because it sounds really....peaceful and good ("a world without war"...) and it gets people to stop watching those those freaky cult guys hopping around in lotus positions with wacky grins. It stops people from asking: "Hey how come they can't fly?"

And since there is no way for anyone to statistically refute these delusional claims of bringing about world peace thru good vibes, it kind of just gets the guru off the hook and makes him look like a loving messenger of god. Who wants to argue with the message of love and peace?

Conclusion? When gurus are allowed to go wild (make uncontested claims) the score at the end of the day is:

Interviewer: Zero
GURU: Millions

Last edited:

at3ist

Patron with Honors
So true, funny videos too, is funny how they jump, and it makes sense, if everybody is jumping like that, there will be no time for war

uniquemand

Unbeliever
My favorite one I ran into personally was Homer Wilson Smith, who responded to my requests for demonstrations of OT Powerz with accusations that I had betrayed the spiritual community, and that I was quite clearly insane, since I wouldn't accept that people were telepathic or telekinetic without a demonstration. He said that by demonstrating, an OT would make themselves a target, etc. Yada yada yada, he's full of shit. So I quit his Newsgroup.

So true, funny videos too, is funny how they jump, and it makes sense, if everybody is jumping like that, there will be no time for war

It looks like some kind of a race reality show contestants would be forced to do for their 15 minutes of fame. Now if you could get them to do that on hot coals, I'm sure one of the major television networks would pick it up.

HelluvaHoax!

hahahaha!

Yes, the Church of Jumpology attempts to give us " a world without war" with their Golden Age of Hopping technology.

Don't these people see how ridiculous that is??? Don't these squirrels know that the Church of Scientology is the real authority on jumping???

Wow, I am so glad that our church is based on science and not a cult with such bizarre and embarrassing delusions !

I wish I had more time to continue this post, but I have to go free theta by exorcising dead space aliens that are crazy glued to everything. That is the authentic scientific way to "a world without war".

hahahaha!

Yes, the Church of Jumpology attempts to give us " a world without war" with their Golden Age of Hopping technology.

Don't these people see how ridiculous that is??? Don't these squirrels know that the Church of Scientology is the real authority on jumping???

Wow, I am so glad that our church is based on science and not a cult with such bizarre and embarrassing delusions !

I wish I had more time to continue this post, but I have to go free theta by exorcising dead space aliens that are crazy glued to everything. That is the authentic scientific way to "a world without war".

I can see the scrolling marquee in front of the church now "Bounce your ass on a mattress all the way to enlightenment"

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

I just got regged by the Maharishi to donate money to buy the new SuperHopping Building that will make world peace a reality.

I am selling my house, and donating it all, no problem! I am proud proud proud to be a SuperHopper!

For those of you still "on the fence" I want you to see a picture of our newest Ideal Org.

07ihop.jpg

Last edited:

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
I just got regged by the Maharishi to donate money to buy the new SuperHopping Building that will make world peace a reality.

I am selling my house, and donating it all, no problem! I am proud proud proud to be a SuperHopper!

For those of you still "on the fence" I want you to see a picture of our newest Ideal Org.

07ihop.jpg

Now there's an "org" I could support :)