What's new

Where is Scientology keeping Samantha Sterne?

tetloj

Silver Meritorious Patron
Ugh!

I have a daily routine of getting online 7pm my time every day to see Tony's new post.

Today's is not the news I like to read.

In the fall of 2012, Mary Jane Sterne couldn’t have been any prouder. Her daughter, Samantha Paige Sterne, was beginning her first semester as a freshman at the University of Oregon. Samantha’s older sister Brittany — Mary Jane’s daughter from a previous marriage — was on hand, and so was her ex-husband Chuck Sterne, Samantha’s father. It was a celebration, the family setting up “Sami” in her freshman dorm as the young pre-med major began her college experience.
Just a few months later, Sami was out of the University of Oregon, had signed a billion-year contract with the Church of Scientology, and now won’t communicate with her mother or her mother’s other two children.

Part of my thinks if we could just get this information in front of enough people maybe we could force a change. Another part of my understands that COS' goose is cooked and it's just a matter of time.

Another family devastated.

What will it take for the general public to simply explode with anger at these stories?:bigcry::angry:

http://tonyortega.org/2014/06/06/where-is-scientology-keeping-samantha-sterne/

Last edited:

Dean Blair

Yes, I read the article this morning. It is hard to believe that in this day and age with the internet so readily available to everyone that Scientology and the Sea Argh could ever recruit anyone. All you have to do is Google "Sea Org" and there are volumes of information available. Samantha's father no doubt was a major influence in her decision. He is a kool aid drinking son of a bitch.

I would suggest that the mother get more media attention and organize a protest march at the organization her daughter is in. This might get them to release the girl if the "church" is getting too much bad publicity.

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
Can someone explain why the cherch wouldn't allow a 20 yr old adult to join the SO if their parent isn't handled? I'm not saying joining the SO was a good idea - just wondering what changed?

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Can someone explain why the cherch wouldn't allow a 20 yr old adult to join the SO if their parent isn't handled? I'm not saying joining the SO was a good idea - just wondering what changed?

They're desperate for english-speaking SO members?

I'm also surprised by this. They had to know this would generate some blow-back.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free

Thankyou Mary! It really helps to have the link ... if the OP could take note?

Every time I read a story like this I find it heartbreaking. It is all too easy to rip families apart still ... I tend to agree with Derek this morning. In 1969 I was recruited into the Sea Org - 16 years old and pregnant. It has to end. :angry:

Derek • 10 hours ago

It doesn't take much contact with Scientology at all to make someone, especially a child, susceptible to their snake oil salesmen. This is why I have an absolutely no-tolerance approach to anything that is even remotely related to Scientology. This is why I say all of Scientology is evil--every last bit of it. This is why I despise Scientology no matter whether you call it "independent" or "corporate" or "freezone" or "Est" or "Landmark Forum". Every last bit of it is pure evil and anyone who perpetuates it is guilty.

The next time you find yourself sympathizing with a Scientologist who says that "some of the stuff in Scientology is good", or the next time you want to criticize me for being so hard on 'independents': remember that this young woman was hardly exposed to Scientology at all and yet she was completely subsumed by the Sea Org in a matter of days.

Betsy Derek • 8 hours ago

It strikes me that exposing a teenager (or young adult) to ANY CO$ org activity is really, really dangerous. Those Sea Org recruiters know what they're doing and they are desperate to keep numbers up. Even taking a kid to a rundown is a tremendous risk.

When I remember what I was like at Sami's age....whew. All I can say is that Lady Luck gave me a pass by not throwing any CO$ activity in my wobbly little path.

Last edited:

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

Per the 'tech' you are supposed to HANDLE first, then DISCONNECT if handling does not fix the problem the way the church wants. So they were HANDLING the mother, who probably had a custody agreement via the divorce. Custody until 21 or 23 in many states because of college and such financial responsibilities.

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
Per the 'tech' you are supposed to HANDLE first, then DISCONNECT if handling does not fix the problem the way the church wants. So they were HANDLING the mother, who probably had a custody agreement via the divorce. Custody until 21 or 23 in many states because of college and such financial responsibilities.

Perhaps, though the agreement with my kids' dad is that the obligations only continue if they're enrolled in college.

I wonder if she has student loans from her semester in college? Just about every older public I know who wants to join the SO has been turned away due to debt. That policy is really quite self-defeating for the cult. :hysterical:

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Pictures of Samantha from Tony's blog. Cross-posted on the theory that when you look for someone it helps to know what they look like .

Samantha_Paige_Sterne2.jpg

SamiMJInsta.png

SamiBrittany.jpg

Reasonable

I always wonder about the back story. Where is Dad on all of this? The article thinks he is still giving her money for the bridge.

Could he be saying bad things about Mom?

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Pictures of Samantha from Tony's blog. Cross-posted on the theory that when you look for someone it helps to know what they look like .

SamiMJInsta.png

SamiBrittany.jpg

Okay, those are the "BEFORE" photos.

Now for the "AFTER" photos. . .

SeaOrgThumb.jpg

so.jpg

Okay, ready for the one-billion dollar question?

Which is more "uptone"?

It's a very tough decision. I'm going to have to go with the glaring and sad-effect, cross-dressing chicks with swords. That seems pretty uptone to me.

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
I can't understand why people think she is missing.
I don't believe anyone thinks Samantha is "missing," really. Although the titles of Tony's and this this post, "Where is Scientology keeping Samantha Sterne?," might at first glance seem to imply that.

Samantha really isn't "missing." Well, only from her mother, sister and non-Scientology family.

I completely understand. All she did was disconnect from her mother and drop out of pre-med at the University of Oregon in order to likely become one of the most valuable beings on the planet -- an Auditor. Well, either that or Sea Org kitchen help.

We can welcome Samantha to ESMB with open arms in 25 or 30 years when she is 43 or 48 years old, can no-longer become a doctor, and can no longer have children.

Sorry, I don't want to offend the religious sensibilities of any lurking corporate or independent Scientologists. We can welcome Samantha to ESMB with open arms in 25 or 30 years when she is 43 or 48 years old can can no longer have meat body genetic entities.

Last edited:

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
I know not of Samantha Sterne. You are a disgusting race, full of disgusting things.

Ruh-roh!!! Someone hit a nerve with this story.

Ohai OSA :wave:

Edit: If you call 866-XSEAORG before 2pm on Thursday, the psychs will give me extra Prozac, so do me a solid.

No seriously, nothing will happen, except you'll be freer and much happier, and I still won't be involved with psychs or Prozac.