Who Decides What Is "Aberration"?

guanoloco

As-Wased
So I got to thinking just exactly who and what defines what is "aberrated". For instance, recently Auditor's Toad, I think, posted something about an OT having to get a Liability signed for masturbating and there's been some recent yap about the obsessive view of OT Elig and masturbation or just being a regular old PC as in "not even Clear yet" getting run through the mill for masturbation...yet Ron writes in his affirmation tech that he has a "bad masturbation history" and it's covered in Handbook for PreClears, I think, that "all primates masturbate" and not to really make an issue of it and that's about the only technical blurb I know of...in fact I think he even talks about "withholds of nothing" or something in a lecture somewhere where he states the auditor wants overts, not some time somebody masturbated.

Well, then there's talk that the 2D isn't even native to a thetan and the family is all about the MEST GE and all that. But the Church and Hubbard have fits over homosexuality...as if that's aberrated.

Now follow me here, folks, isn't having a meat body and being in the physical universe aberrated enough? Isn't all of this a dram?

Really, when you think of an unlimited, all-knowing, immortal gawed being reduced to a meat body on Earth...in the grand scheme of things wouldn't being a heterosexual be a serious aberration?

I mean somewhere Ron says that good and bad are merely arbitraries...nevermind in KSW that Ron says that the bank seeks to perpetuate the bad and knock out the good!

I know that in KSW Ron says "The common denominator of a group is the reactive bank. Thetans without banks have different responses. They only have their banks in common. They agree then only on bank principles. Person to person the bank is identical. So constructive ideas are individual and seldom get broad agreement in a human group. An individual must rise above an avid craving for agreement from a humanoid group to get anything decent done. The bank-agreement has been what has made Earth a Hell -- and if you were looking for Hell and found Earth, it would certainly serve. War, famine, agony and disease has been the lot of Man. Right now the great governments of Earth have developed the means of frying every Man, Woman and Child on the planet. That is Bank. That is the result of Collective Thought Agreement. The decent, pleasant things on this planet come from individual actions and ideas that have somehow gotten by the Group Idea. For that matter, look how we ourselves are attacked by "public opinion" media. Yet there is no more ethical group on this planet than ourselves."

But...Ron says "Morals should be defined as a code of good conduct laid down out of the experience of the race to serve as a uniform yardstick for the conduct of individuals and groups.

Morals are actually laws.

The origin of a moral code comes about when it is discovered through actual experience that some act is more nonsurvival than prosurvival. The prohibition of this act then enters into the customs of the people and may eventually become a law."

Well, that makes morals group agreement and, per KSW, that makes it bank agreement then. This idea is even echoed in silly wog Wikipedia with "Scientology uses the term "morals" to refer to a collectively agreed code of good conduct..."

So then why is something "unmoral" aberrated?

It seems to me with all the correction lists and handlings and processes and procedures and all that everything is aberrated. Who then decides what is "aberrated" and what is "analytical"?

You know if you blow from a course it's because you're aberrated and have an M/U or a withhold or are out int or something but when Ron did this in highschool he was "ruthlessly putting in someone's ethics" by dumping his teacher in a trash can and storming out.

Same action...except one is "aberrated" and one is "analytical".

Reasonable

Silver Meritorious Patron
Simple answer to who decides what is aberration?

In Scientology or any religion or society the person who wants to control you decides what aberration is.

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Here is Scientology's definition of aberration:

1. If you want to own a home and have a decent car - you are PTS to the middle class and aberrated.
2. You are a Degraded Being if you don't at least join staff. Ideally - join the Sea Org and become a slave for David Miscavige.
3. You are a 1.1 Es Pee if you critisize anything about Scientology - especially when it is true and you are exposing the financial crimes.
4. You are PTS if you think having children is normal.
5. You are PTS and aberrated if you joined the sea org thinking you would actually help mankind.
6. You are aberrated if you don't believe that L Ron Hubbard is GOD and has written everything down on the "how to..." list. How to smile. When to smile.
7. You are aberrated if you don't like to be totally controlled by a psychotic dictator named David Miscavige - who expects you to go in debt, lose your family, lose your mind - all in the name of the Cult.
8. You are aberrated if you believe Scientology is a loving, caring CHURCH that puts the individual's worth above all. It is L Ron Hubbard 1st and then COB - David Miscavige. You are nothing!