What's new

WHO is Donating These Huge Sums to IAS? Info Needed

G

Gottabrain

I need some info and I'd like to get it on one thread. I need the lists of Ideal Org donors, the amounts paid for the Ideal Orgs, the amount of rent charged to the orgs by Int for these buildings and any other factual info you guys have on other IAS donation drives.

If at all possible, please provide personal verification on the top donors occupation & financial ability to pay the sums attributed to them if these are very large sums and if you know them personally, and how. (Did you reg this money personally? Did you have an org post in accounts? etc.)

This is what I posted previously. These figures just don't jive with the small number of active Scientologists.

Thanks for all your help.

I worked at USGO Treasury the year all the weird international transfers of service org reserve accounts (not signed by Hubbard or any Scn) initially took place in '79-'80. These were the beginnings of the setup of the new Scn corporate structure. Nobody we know, in or out actually knows what became of those monies. The party line was it was for "legal fees". Our lawyers were in the Cayman Islands? Yeh, right.... But it was a haven for illegal monies that nobody wanted traced back then. Maybe still is, who knows..

SO - Fact #1 - Service Org Reserves were in monetary form (NOT gold, I always heard that rumor too) for many years, just sitting in accounts, up until that time. If gold became a commodity afterward or was used for Int Reserves, I wouldn't know about that personally. The US service org reserves were all transferred out as cash to weird numbered int'l accts - one was definitely in the Cayman Islands, another was believed to be a private Swiss account. Maybe Int reserves and other reserves, too, IDK, but I've already corresponded with someone formerly at FSO Treas about this and confirmed it happened there too, at about the same time.

A bit more research and I found Anon had doxed that L Ron had kept the same accountant all those years and that after these transfers, L Ron complained to him that he wasn't receiving money, which the accountant relayed. The accountant was fired immediately.

So - new lawyers, new accountant(s). But the new accountant takes risks. The new accountant is by no means conservative. And the new accountant's advices were followed by the RTC/CSI execs and structure. Methinks the new accountant is quite versatile with hiding money and misrepresenting it.

So back to the buildings.

There is no way that any stretch of Scn policy ever justified those. DM was raised a Scn, he wouldn't have come up with that all on his own. Heck, his bright ideas don't go beyond a sadistic version of "Musical Chairs" - one of the few things he learned outside of Scn.

The buildings, the set up of the IAS Trust, etc. - all of that was done on advice of the accountant.

Now back to the money. Let's not be naive, folks. Does anyone here seriously believe that DM or any high echelon Scn would care about what LAWS say when it comes to expansion of Scn or making more money? They got away with their money games in '79-'80. Why would they stop now? Who would put the brakes on?

Someone here quoted a statement by C of S in response to Debbie Cook, that "Thousands of Scientologists were thrilled about the new buildings."

NICE FREUDIAN SLIP !!!! And good timing for it, too.

Inflation is about purchase power so has little to do with this. We're talking about income, not purchasing, so wages and salaries are what we look at. Salaries have increased - what - 20% at most since the 80s? Surely not more than that, and many occupations now pay less than they did then, or even the SAME money they did in the 80s or 90s because of the worldwide financial crisis.

Yet it is reported that Flag is making $3 MILLION per week? With at least 3/4 less Scns? When it made $1 million/wk in its 80s Heyday? On top of that, the IAS has a billion in reserves and can fundraise $40 million in a week, and does these sort of massive fundraisings several times a YEAR?

Then QUICKLY spends the money on buildings!!

It doesn't add up.

COS has found some big international donors. The main money is coming from no more than about 500 people. There are probably kickbacks involved. The IAS is probably being used to move monies from questionable sources internationally. And the fundraisers are a cover, a way for those monies to be donated as well as to suck all he can out of the Scn public.

Simplest way to take a hard look at this is to look at all the patron names for the buildings and the amounts each donated. Does it add up to how much DM claims was donated or to the actual cost of the buildings? How well do the org staff know those donors? Are the names duplicated on many other lists? And people like Synthia can verify if they actually know the person and if that person really does have the kind of occupation that could produce that sort of money or have that sort of credit line.

Something very fishy is going on here. And DM has done the FBI a very big favor in his greed and arrogance by brazenly setting up such a hot trail.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
snipped

Posted by Gotta

Inflation is about purchase power so has little to do with this. We're talking about income, not purchasing, so wages and salaries are what we look at. Salaries have increased - what - 20% at most since the 80s? Surely not more than that, and many occupations now pay less than they did then, or even the SAME money they did in the 80s or 90s because of the worldwide financial crisis.

I would say salary increase is closer to 100% (if not more) ... and many of these contributors would own their own businesses and have the associated tax advantages and others can borrow large amounts against the equity in property etc, which wasn't as popular back in the 80's.

I threw out some cofs magazines and now I wish I'd kept as there were pages and pages of names and even amounts to kick this off ... someone will still have them I expect.

:yes:

G

Gottabrain

snipped

I would say salary increase is closer to 100% (if not more) ... and many of these contributors would own their own businesses and have the associated tax advantages and others can borrow large amounts against the equity in property etc, which wasn't as popular back in the 80's.

I threw out some cofs magazines and now I wish I'd kept as there were pages and pages of names and even amounts to kick this off ... someone will still have them I expect.

:yes:

Thanks, Trouble. You must be thinking of inflation (cost of living) as doubling. Salaries and wages certainly haven't. An office secretary with a year or two experience made $8-$12 USD hr in the 80s. It's not much more than that now. Union wages have increased much more, but then, most US unions are no longer functional, either.

I found a good reference for a useful estimate on the change in Income in Wikipedia. The average median household income has only increased 30% since 1990, being relatively stagnant in the last two decades.

However, after adjustment for inflation, the increase of income is considered to be only 24%.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Household_income_in_the_United_States

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Thanks, Trouble. You must be thinking of inflation (cost of living) as doubling. Salaries and wages certainly haven't. An office secretary with a year or two experience made $8-$12 USD hr in the 80s. It's not much more than that now. Union wages have increased much more, but then, most US unions are no longer functional, either.

I found a good reference for a useful estimate on the change in Income in Wikipedia. The average median household income has only increased 30% since 1990, being relatively stagnant in the last two decades.

However, after adjustment for inflation, the increase of income is considered to be only 24%.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Household_income_in_the_United_States

No, I was thinking of income ... and I based it on my own and people that I know, but it depends what field a person is working in and where (I'm not in the US).

Where I am, for an office secretary (per your example) the figure per hour would be around double the amount you quoted.​

G

Gottabrain

No, I was thinking of income ... and I based it on my own and people that I know, but it depends what field a person is working in and where (I'm not in the US).​

Ahhh.... we might have to look at other countries as well. Good point. Thank you. :)

Zhent

Leakus Maximus
Here is the big list of IAS donors from 2006:

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/threads/impact-magazine-115-the-entire-ias-membership-list.37636/

Not sure if its exactly what you are looking for (its IAS, not strictly ideal orgs), but it contains all the top tier donors and proves the IAS has brought in hundreds of millions of dollars.

Here is the copied top tier:

PATRON LAUREATE (2) $10,000,000.00

Bryan & June Zwan
Bob & Trish Duggan & Family

DIAMOND MERITORIOUS (3) $5,000,000.00

Tom Cruise
Nancy Cartwright
Craig & Sally Jensen

PLATINUM MERITORIOUS (8) $2,500,000.00

Kirstie Alley
Elizabeth & Michael Baybak & Family
Doug & Laurie Dohring
Jenna & Bodhi Elfman
Jeffrey Jonas
Larry & Margaret Leong
Leah Remini & Angelo Pagan
Ron & Mimi Pollack

GOLD MERITORIOUS (26) $1,000,000.00

Richard & Amy Acunto
Alan & Sheila Atkinson-Baker
The Lloyd Austin Family
Howard & Karen Becker
John & Eva Berryman
Steve Brackett
Grant, Elena & Gary Cardone
Joseph C. Catello
Marco & Elena Chiancianesi
Keith Collins
The Dayton Family
Tom & Pat Drake
Ben & Laurie Elkinton
The Ezra Family
Cay-Dietrich Koehn
Hans & Gabi Lanik
Tim & Ginny Leason
Bruce & Sue Moore
Edwin Padua
John Travolta
Kelly Preston
Emmanuel Soenen
Family Tabibzadeh
Juan D. Villarreal
Stephen & Teresa Yao
Herb & Penny Zerden

I think there is an updated, current list around somewhere, but not sure where.

You can also find background info on some of the top donors on WWP etc.

In addition the SP Times reported on the money making operation, and used the above data plus researched more into the big donations - http://www.tampabay.com/specials/2009/reports/project/

Sindy

Crusader
Sheila, the answer to your question is anyone who is in the C of S that the registrars (fundraisers) can get in front of them. The regging is unrelenting. People are asked to max all the cards, take out 2nd and 3rd mortgages, give up inheritances, investments, retirement funds, etc. and the fundraising machine has gotten very, very efficient.

It's average, ordinary people among all the rich donors. I am not sure that there is a big smoking gun here but maybe there is, I don't know.

Of the Chicago Org staff, when I was there, many, many were at least Patron and many were Patrons with Honors or Patron Meritorious. These people are into the game.

All the various tricks of the trade are used. The Flag registrars/fundraisers are the most ruthless and have the biggest bag of tricks. These people are experts at extracting funds from pension plans, IRAs, etc.

There is simply no source of income that they do not know how to exploit. NONE. They are absolute sharks.

So, even the most modest wage earner, when helped by the sharks, can be propped up to believe that he/she can "make it go right" to handle the huge amounts of debt they can talk these people into holding.

They sniff out inheritances, windfalls, sold companies, etc.

The machine is so efficient it's scary.

elwood

Patron with Honors
I need some info and I'd like to get it on one thread. I need the lists of Ideal Org donors, the amounts paid for the Ideal Orgs, the amount of rent charged to the orgs by Int for these buildings and any other factual info you guys have on other IAS donation drives.

If at all possible, please provide personal verification on the top donors occupation & financial ability to pay the sums attributed to them if these are very large sums and if you know them personally, and how. (Did you reg this money personally? Did you have an org post in accounts? etc.)

This is what I posted previously. These figures just don't jive with the small number of active Scientologists.

Thanks for all your help.

I worked at USGO Treasury the year all the weird international transfers of service org reserve accounts (not signed by Hubbard or any Scn) initially took place in '79-'80. These were the beginnings of the setup of the new Scn corporate structure. Nobody we know, in or out actually knows what became of those monies. The party line was it was for "legal fees". Our lawyers were in the Cayman Islands? Yeh, right.... But it was a haven for illegal monies that nobody wanted traced back then. Maybe still is, who knows..

SO - Fact #1 - Service Org Reserves were in monetary form (NOT gold, I always heard that rumor too) for many years, just sitting in accounts, up until that time. If gold became a commodity afterward or was used for Int Reserves, I wouldn't know about that personally. The US service org reserves were all transferred out as cash to weird numbered int'l accts - one was definitely in the Cayman Islands, another was believed to be a private Swiss account. Maybe Int reserves and other reserves, too, IDK, but I've already corresponded with someone formerly at FSO Treas about this and confirmed it happened there too, at about the same time.

A bit more research and I found Anon had doxed that L Ron had kept the same accountant all those years and that after these transfers, L Ron complained to him that he wasn't receiving money, which the accountant relayed. The accountant was fired immediately.

So - new lawyers, new accountant(s). But the new accountant takes risks. The new accountant is by no means conservative. And the new accountant's advices were followed by the RTC/CSI execs and structure. Methinks the new accountant is quite versatile with hiding money and misrepresenting it.

So back to the buildings.

There is no way that any stretch of Scn policy ever justified those. DM was raised a Scn, he wouldn't have come up with that all on his own. Heck, his bright ideas don't go beyond a sadistic version of "Musical Chairs" - one of the few things he learned outside of Scn.

The buildings, the set up of the IAS Trust, etc. - all of that was done on advice of the accountant.

Now back to the money. Let's not be naive, folks. Does anyone here seriously believe that DM or any high echelon Scn would care about what LAWS say when it comes to expansion of Scn or making more money? They got away with their money games in '79-'80. Why would they stop now? Who would put the brakes on?

Someone here quoted a statement by C of S in response to Debbie Cook, that "Thousands of Scientologists were thrilled about the new buildings."

NICE FREUDIAN SLIP !!!! And good timing for it, too.

Yet it is reported that Flag is making $3 MILLION per week? With at least 3/4 less Scns? When it made $1 million/wk in its 80s Heyday? On top of that, the IAS has a billion in reserves and can fundraise $40 million in a week, and does these sort of massive fundraisings several times a YEAR?

Then QUICKLY spends the money on buildings!!

It doesn't add up.

COS has found some big international donors. The main money is coming from no more than about 500 people. There are probably kickbacks involved. The IAS is probably being used to move monies from questionable sources internationally. And the fundraisers are a cover, a way for those monies to be donated as well as to suck all he can out of the Scn public.

Simplest way to take a hard look at this is to look at all the patron names for the buildings and the amounts each donated. Does it add up to how much DM claims was donated or to the actual cost of the buildings? How well do the org staff know those donors? Are the names duplicated on many other lists? And people like Synthia can verify if they actually know the person and if that person really does have the kind of occupation that could produce that sort of money or have that sort of credit line.

Something very fishy is going on here. And DM has done the FBI a very big favor in his greed and arrogance by brazenly setting up such a hot trail.

Could the CoS be laundering money?

Div6

Crusader
Could the CoS be laundering money?

Farrakhan was getting $$ from Ghadaffi.
(http://www.disinfo.com/2011/04/farrakhans-chicago-mosque-was-funded-by-gaddafi/)
That should have landed NoI on the terrorist watch list.

No telling what the arrangements are between NoI and Corp Scn. I just know his "people" are treated differently when in the orgs, and NOT REGGED like the regular dupes. FREE SERVICE - FREE FALL is one LRH Policy letter I don't think the dwarf would violate. But then again, he's violated them all......

G

Gottabrain

Connections matter. The fact that Scientology spends millions on its Narconons, ACHRs and other anti-drug and anti-medical groups and its biggest donator and supporter (Bob Duggan, who donates 10s of millions of dollars) OWNS A PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANY says volumes.

Particularly if it is the ONLY company and the ONLY brand or type of drugs that Narconons and ACHRs and Scientologists don't picket and abuse and if he's given preferential treatment at Flag. It has an underlying message that his money is basically going to fund the church to beat down his opposition and that members actually don't really care about pharmaceuticals or drugs at all, since he is considered a huge humanitarian - a "Patron Laureate" and his making a living and donating what they consider blood money from SPs is okay. It then gives the appearance that the NNs, etc. are just a cover for a promotional campaign against the enemies of Bob Duggan. You see?

This sort of handshaking "you scratch my back and I scratch yours" is not allowed in business relationships where money is concerned, and laws are even stricter with churches. The finances show that COS representation of its objectives and goals is a complete farce and lie, since the church itself is heavily financially supported by the proceeds or profits of a pharmaceutical company.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Gottabrain

I wonder if COS owns stock in Bob Duggan's company?

Funny, despite rising stock values, Bobbo's pharmacy company, Pharmacyclics, Incorporated (NASDAQ: PCYC) shows a LOSS of over 42 million dollars. Hmmm.... wouldn't have anything to do with donations to the IAS "Ideal Orgs", would it?

http://finapps.forbes.com/finapps/jsp/finance/compinfo/CIAtAGlance.jsp?tkr=PCYC

Bob Duggan is not paid a salary from PCYC. Were the IAS donos expensed somehow, from shares he cashed out, or were they paid from the funds of a spinoff company?

So many ways to turn, so much research to do...

G

Gottabrain

THANK YOU! :happydance: AND THANK YOU POOKS! :happydance:

I found one of these by Pooks already, but you've brought them all together for me.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm still trying to untangle the Bob Duggan stuff. I can't find the donations but that big loss of over 40 mil is a red flag.

I just found out that as of Dec 2011, Bob Duggan now only owns 1/2 the company and no longer controls the financial end of it. He has co-partnered with really REALLY big pharma Janssen Biotech - and for a huge amount of money, too 150 mil upfront and a potential 825 mil in milestone developments if/when the product can be used for different cancers. To date, the product and research is not yet complete or sellable. This is far less upfront money than the original upfront figures Duggan was bouncing around with other companies earlier in the year and it is due to an earlier stock downgrade because of lack of actual production a few years ago when investors were disappointed. Janssen's accounting will be watched closely as it always is with joint ventures and 150 mil is a small amount of money to pay 1/2 company expenses as well as repay his loans and donations to IAS. So he may not have so much handy cash to throw at the IAS for a while, either - and if he misses his milestones, it can totally ruin him. Talk about pressure! (see my 2nd post below):

http://seekingalpha.com/article/313249-pharmacyclics-scores-big-with-janssen-biotech-deal

http://seekingalpha.com/article/313249-pharmacyclics-scores-big-with-janssen-biotech-deal

G

Gottabrain

Ha! I just finished my post on this when you posted this. Great minds think alike. :yes:

I've been the bookkeeper on a buyout of a small company by a big one, though, and it wasn't pretty at all for the little company. Duggan must have been pretty broke to do this. I can't find anything hokey in his company's financials except he may have borrowed beyond his means or may have expensed the donation. If he marked it as an honest donation, he's okay. He's got a huge, reputable accounting firm doing his accounts so should be fine.

But it certainly is a huge hypocrisy for COS to treat a big pharma as VIP while financing things like Narconon, etc.

Duggan has some serious scientists on his team so maybe he really has something going on with this new treatment for cancer. Thing is, if he doesn't make his milestones, his bigger partner would end up buying him out and his credit and creditability would be gone, too. These things can get really filthy and dirty with big corporations. The milestones are more like :ball:

This is why the sort of agreement he has with Janssen won't work well for him:

1) He has to SHARE expenses with Janssen, despite the fact he only has the $150 mil until the first milestone. Janssen is running the finances, so decides the expenses. Janssen can outspend him any time - they have practically unlimited funds to do so, so can and will incur monstrous bills - but Duggan STILL has to pay HIS HALF of the bills. The $150 mil will be gone in no time and when it's gone, Janssen buys out the rest of his shares.

It's a filthy game. Duggan must have been getting financially desperate to make this agreement or his ego was so big he thought he was more clever than the big boys.

2) Janssen would have ensured the milestones weren't easy to attain for him to get his next payment.

Reading everything I have, I don't think Bob Duggan is actually a bad guy, he just has a terrible addiction to COS and keeps having to spend money to feed his addiction before he actually has a genuine product. This time he's over his head. And Bob would not have had to sell out to the big corporation if he hadn't donated all those tens of millions to the IAS and needed the capital. Bob is another victim of the IAS crush regging. Seeing what's on the horizon for him from Janssen, I almost feel kind of sorry for him, or would - if he hadn't been involved with Slatkin in earlier years.

He's WAY out of his league here though. These are the big guns he's dealing with now - the ruthless world of corporate buyouts where he's just a little fish. The Scn ego will only get a person so far - it has never produced an OT... and it never will. Bob just thought he was.

Ah well.