What's new

Who is the Greatest Squirrel in Scientology Today?

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
There is one reference which talks about later issues superceding earlier ones. It is one sentence, hard to find. I cant remember the name of the reference, but I am pretty sure it was an HCO PL. It is on Staff Status Two Course. (Its also in the OEC Vols, but I have no idea where).

alex

Gold Meritorious Patron
The Tech Dictionary definitions of SQUIRREL:

SQUIRREL, 1. a squirrel is doing something entirely different. He doesn’t understand any of the principles so he makes up a bunch of them to fulfill his ignorance and voices them off on a pc and gets no place. (SH Spec 77, 6111C08)

2 . those who engage in actions altering Scn, and ofbeat practices. (ISE, p. 40)— v. to change and invent processes. (HCOB 23 May 69)

SQUIRRELLING, 1. it means altering Scn and offbeat practices. It is a bad thing. (HCO PL 14 Feb 65)

2. squirrelling is not really different processes—it is careless, incomplete, messed up auditing procedure. (HCOB 15 Jan 70 II)

As you can obviously observe, the above Tech Dictionary definitions are very self serving and manipulative. – And they are far from the many LRH definitions on the subject.

One I found most workable was the definition he gave during a Q&A session in early 1963 – A student – I believe it was David Ziff asked him how to word 2 way-comm questions.

He got very upset at the question – ranted a little – admitted it was the hardest thing to teach beginning auditors.

But he gave the following:

Any question that is out of ARC is a squirrel question!

Any action that is out of ARC is a squirrel action!

I have long ago expanded on those answers.

Affinity is a substitute for Love.

Reality is a substitute for Truth.

Communication is a method of conveying understanding and knowledge and if done well brings about more understanding and knowledge.

If you observe one of the Tech Dictionaries definition of what auditing is - AUDITING, 2. The action of asking a preclear a question (which he can understand and answer), getting an answer to that question and acknowledging him for that answer.

Basically that is also the definition of good communication: The action of asking a person a question (which he can understand and answer), getting an answer to that question and acknowledging him for that answer.

The other side of that is communicating in such a way as to both give and receive communication that both can understand and acknowledge each others understanding. The end product being more understanding which in turn produces a closer, truer relationship.

Alan

"Any question that is out of ARC is a squirrel question!

Any action that is out of ARC is a squirrel action!

I have long ago expanded on those answers.

Affinity is a substitute for Love.

Reality is a substitute for Truth."

(Quoting Alan)

Alfred Korzybski said "the map is not the territory".

Also another example of this phenomenon....that the significance we apply to parts of life, and the mechanisms we use to deal with it are not the whole of it, but representations.

And in moving out of these into direct experience, we become more.....free? able? happy? spiritual?

I am currently finishing Russel Targs book "An end to suffering" which makes this point well and suggests some methods of doing such.

Holistic permeation Alan? Living in love and truth? (perhaps a buddhist ideal). Fully in present time and in ARC with the environment?

Perhaps these ideals are senior? And what is lacking is the evaluation and assignment of importances, by those who corrupt and pervert practices?

alex

Last edited:

Alan

Gold Meritorious Patron
There is one reference which talks about later issues superceding earlier ones. It is one sentence, hard to find. I can’t remember the name of the reference, but I am pretty sure it was an HCO PL. It is on Staff Status Two Course. (It’s also in the OEC Vols, but I have no idea where).

The Tech was researched in date chronicled order.

It evolved in date chronicled order.

It was put together by a team of approximately 40 people working together at any given time to undo the next thing to come up. Our co-processing space was the Chapel, prior to that it was the pavilion and prior to that the basement in Saint Hill.

LRH was the co-coordinating factor.

He, MSH and the staff and the Z-Unit section of the SHSBC would co-ordinate together and deliver the latest ideas. Or run the processes and write up what was found and any ways it could be improved upon.

The method was simple LRH would C/S each folder and recommendations. He would then add in the pertinent new findings.

We would be notified in his hand writing the bulletin containing the latest Tech discoveries and rundowns being pinned to the door by LRH of whatever location we were in.

The moment that this occurred you stopped what you were running and immediately ran the new Tech.

In Nov '62 I can recall being blasted because my pc Peter Williams was having incredible gains running a 3D-Criss-Cross 24 list R/D.....so I opted to continue. LRH blasted me for this as he had come in an hour earlier whilst I was running Peter and pinned a new rundown on the door.

This methodology taught you how to read it, do it, correct it as you grooved in on the new discoveries or rundowns.

But, make no mistake it was a collaborated effort - most of the discoveries were done by the Z-Unit processors as we had much more time and focus on the implementing of the new Tech. And discovering what lay underneath.

Where-as LRH and staff had to wear their hats and had many more PTPs than most of the students.

The moment a new piece of Tech came out it superseded the previous tech - that did not mean the earlier proven to work tech was omitted.

Alan

Last edited: