What's new

Who KILLED Shelly?

Reasonable

Silver Meritorious Patron
Who KILLED Shelly?

I think "Who KILLED Shelly" is a better campaign than “Where is Shelly?”

"Where is Shelly?" is too passive. Like we are giving the cult the benefit of the doubt when in fact we think they killed her.

"Where is Shelly?" is not really attacking the enemy so much as "Who Killed Shelly?"

It isn’t liable .We are not blaming the church. We want to know who it was.

It is way more aggressive and something the cult would do. You know how they go to people’s houses and ask people if you are a pedophile.

Also it would pull in someone who is not yet interested in the case.

IF I heard on the news “Where is Shelly?” I might not pay attention but if I heard “Who Killed Shelly?” I might pay more attention because I want to know now that someone is dead.

It doesn’t say they killed her but it implies that they killed her, whether they did or did not.

Also, if the campaign is "Who KILLED Shelly" they will feel much more pressure to produce her and if they don’t the idea is that she is in fact dead.

We could also use

• [*]“Where is Shelly’s body?”
    [*]“Where is Shelly buried?
    [*]“Is Shelly Dead?”
    [*]"Did Davy Kill Shelly?"

Any thoughts?

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
"Where is Shelly?" is too passive. Like we are giving the cult the benefit of the doubt when in fact we think they killed her.

Who 'thinks they killed her' ... ?

I dont know what has happened to her but asking who killed her won't do us any favours, act like the cult would and ... we'll look (and be) just as crazy.

:no:

Cheshirecat

I respect you wanting to keep this general campaign going, but imo, a 'Who Killed Shelly?' campaign is a bit too sensational. While it's true that none of us know her exact location/current state, if we err on the side of caution, we stand on more even ground in regards to being able to counter any subsequent Scientologist PR campaign that try to dispel the rumors.

Pheryn

Patron with Honors
Who KILLED Shelly?

I think "Who KILLED Shelly" is a better campaign than “Where is Shelly?”

"Where is Shelly?" is not really attacking the enemy so much as "Who Killed Shelly?"

It isn’t liable .We are not blaming the church. We want to know who it was.

It is way more aggressive and something the cult would do. You know how they go to people’s houses and ask people if you are a pedophile.

Also it would pull in someone who is not yet interested in the case.

IF I heard on the news “Where is Shelly?” I might not pay attention but if I heard “Who Killed Shelly?” I might pay more attention because I want to know now that someone is dead.

It doesn’t say they killed her but it implies that they killed her, whether they did or did not.

Also, if the campaign is "Who KILLED Shelly" they will feel much more pressure to produce her and if they don’t the idea is that she is in fact dead.

We could also use

• [*]“Where is Shelly’s body?”
    [*]“Where is Shelly buried?
  • “Is Shelly Dead?”
  • "Did Davy Kill Shelly?"

Any thoughts?
You say 'we' a whole lot in that post and I, for one, would like to NOT be included in that. Thank you.

I think you're barking up the wrong tree. Or, it's a 'good' troll? No idea.

There's no evidence that Shelly is dead. Shelly is missing. People are taking notice at how odd it is that the wife of the leader of Scientology is missing. The case is getting attention, more and more everyday. Even if the police did rule Leah's report as 'unfounded' it still caught the interest of the media and the general public. It's not over, in fact, I think it's just beginning.

Just my .02 :whistling:

johnAnchovie

Still raging
'Also, if the campaign is "Who KILLED Shelly" they will feel much more pressure to produce her and if they don’t the idea is that she is in fact dead.'

The argument is fundamentally flawed. It plays straight into the hands of Miscavige and his nefarious machinations. It fundamentally distorts the core issue and casts those of us that are seeking to bring media and regulatory scrutiny upon this nasty operation as weirdos, fanatics and idiots.

Shelly Miscavige is absent from public view and has not responded to emails, phone calls and letters. Based on our experiences with this cult some of us are concerned and want to know if she is ok. We want the cult that controls her to allay our concerns for her health and well being. That is all.

Don't go down that road, or if you insist upon it, don't do it here, go and join David Ike and his ilk.

Strasbourg, 8 November 2011

CommDH (2011)40
Issue discussion paper
Original version

Ethical journalism and human rights*

Ethical journalism is defined in this paper as the manner in which reporters, editors and others provide commentary on the events that shape people’s lives. It is rooted in moral values and has evolved hand in hand with human rights protection in Europe. In essence, ethical journalists serve the public’s right to know. They are professional also in the sense that they seek the truth and resist the pressure to convey distortions, be they from media owners, business interests or political forces. These are the ethics which should be promoted[/I]."

https://wcd.coe.int/ViewDoc.jsp?id=1863637

iHateDuplicity

Patron with Honors
Since we know right now that Shelly is not dead, this makes no sense. There are far more effective questions that need to be asked, as I laid out in the OP of my separate thread on why the "Where's Shelly?" campaign is not such a great campaign. I highly recommend that "we" start pushing those questions as well as continue asking "Where's Shelly?" until we do get the Cof$ to buckle under and reveal her to the public at large.

Like a bad auditor, Cof$ right now is doing everything it can to not follow the pc's command and actually show Shelly. Lots of speculation as to why, but it will only be answered by persisting and getting them to reveal her for real. Until then, Where's Shelly? is actually not so bad IMHO.

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think we need to start a campaign with the LA media to question the LAPD's swallowing of the Co$ party line. Did they actually see her in person, or not? If not, why not?

Pheryn

Patron with Honors
I think we need to start a campaign with the LA media to question the LAPD's swallowing of the Co$ party line. Did they actually see her in person, or not? If not, why not?

Completely agree. I couldn't believe it when they said they had 'some type' of contact. Uh...did you see or talk to the woman? No? THEN WTF?! It seems incredibly dangerous and irresponsible to me that a police department would take the word of a random person (let's face it, could have been anyone or no one) that the alleged victim is totally safe and fine, instead of actually speaking with and checking on the alleged victim. I was under the impression that when a missing persons report was filed the police had to like..uh..investigate? Locate the person in question and interview them face-to-face? Check on their well-being? Based on their statement, this wasn't done. Otherwise, it would have been made CLEAR that they had spoken with Shelly and confirmed her whereabouts and safety. I can understand if they don't want to say where she is specifically, that's cool, but it seems to me that they just took the word of a Scientology mouthpiece (and possibly a sizable donation) instead of doing their damn job.

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
What kind of investigator uses the term "some kind of contact"? That's the kind of BS lawyer dodge the cult uses. Anyone from LA recognize the detectives name?

Pheryn

Patron with Honors
What kind of investigator uses the term "some kind of contact"? That's the kind of BS lawyer dodge the cult uses. Anyone from LA recognize the detectives name?

Some reports are now including:

“Detectives met with (Michelle) Miscavige in person,” an LAPD source told the News Thursday. "The investigation is completed and classified as unfounded."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...ing-unfounded-article-1.1421881#ixzz2bTXNzz5l

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
"Where is Shelly?" is a valid question, since she hasn't been seen in years. "Who killed Shelly?" is just sensationalistic bullshit, as long as you don't have her corpse and it does show at least some hints of her having been killed.

Also, if you ask "Where is Shelly?" and she shows up one day, you can just say "Oh, there she is" and everything is fine. If you ask "Who killed Shelly?" and they present her alive and well, you'd look pretty stupid. Deservedly so, I might add

Therefore, I'd say "Where is Shelly?" is the right way to go.

Last edited:
"Where is Shelly?" is a valid question, since she hasn't been seen in years. "Who killed Shelly?" is just sensationalistic bullshit, as long as you don't have her corpse and it does show at least some hints of her having been killed.

Also, if you ask "Where is Shelly?" and she shows up one day, you can just say "Oh, there she is" and everything is fine. If you ask "Who killed Shelly?" and they present her alive and well, you'd look pretty stupid. Deservedly so, I might add

Therefore, I'd say "Where is Shelly?" is the right way to go.

or you could hint upon it visually, while asking the safe question. Example:

607470ec359a1247cdfb9b62f2f83f72.jpg

guanoloco

As-Wased

PTS

Elliott
Such a tactic crosses the line into the sort of dead agenting we criticize the cult for doing to its detractors. There is enough truth to damn them why make shit up?

iHateDuplicity

Patron with Honors
It's a silly thing to do to change to "Who Killed Shelly", espcially since we know for a verified fact that she's not dead.

I was wrong that this campaign of "Where's Shelly?" is not working, because I mistakenly thought that Dwarf Midget would be smart enough to produce her body by now. Instead, he and OSA are doing everything else but the exact right thing they should be doing, making themselves look like bigger and bigger morons.

In fact, now they are not just looking like morons. This story and question of "Where's Shelly?" is actually being reported now on major TV stations including today an interview with Tony Ortega on FOX News, that something really sinister is going on. And there is nothing the TV news likes more than sinister and nefarious deeds being performed by dark personages like Dwarf Midget.

By not doing the one thing they should have done a long time ago (producing Shelly's body), Cof$ is ensuring that this story continues on and on and on. And personally, I could not be happier.

As posted elsewhere, this story was made possible by Anonymous, Tony Ortega's consistent reporting and blogging, Katie Holmes leaving, Jenna Hill Miscavige's world tour and now, best of all, Leah Remini, who is out there asking the hard questions very publicly.
:happydance: Leah, I love you. :happydance:

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP

Detective Gus Villanueva from the Hollywood Station of the LAPD... he deals directly with Scientology since the PAC is in their district. Law enforcement, especially in California, operates from their own set of rules, exclusive of public demands. They could care less how we or members of the pubic think about how they go about investigating claims. The LAPD, just like the Riverside & San Bernardino police agencies, have become very cozy with Scientology & their attorneys, and have placed their trust in them, at their detriment.

I suspect Elliot Abelson & Karin Pouw spoke to Gus & assured him that Shelly was not missing & their assurances were accepted at face value.

If Shelly were to be found later deceased, and the death was suspicious, these police agencies would be jumping head over heals to do PR damage control.

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
You say 'we' a whole lot in that post and I, for one, would like to NOT be included in that. Thank you.

I think you're barking up the wrong tree. Or, it's a 'good' troll? No idea.

There's no evidence that Shelly is dead. Shelly is missing. People are taking notice at how odd it is that the wife of the leader of Scientology is missing. The case is getting attention, more and more everyday. Even if the police did rule Leah's report as 'unfounded' it still caught the interest of the media and the general public. It's not over, in fact, I think it's just beginning.

Just my .02 :whistling:

What are the statistics of "missing people" that cannot be found - missing and end up dead? The LAPD state that they have closed the case and are satisfied - but why can't Leah Remini get satisfied? Why can't they expose Shelly's shell at least? What does Jenna Miscavige Hill think about this? I wish she would speak up - she and her family could get together with LEAH and push the issue! Go to the media - Jenna has nothing to lose - she has already committed the most henious crime in the cult - telling the truth!

How long before the "Free Heber" and "Where's Heber?" campaigns lasted before they produced him?

It took a while from what I remember - had to fatten him up and brush up his "TR's"! He showed up at an event last year and then at his son's funeral. :bigcry:I don't think he talked, did he?

If she is alive - I think they are fattening her up and getting her "trained on how to act after being held as a prisoner against her true will" - so they can parade her at an event.

This is tricky - because the sell-ebbs know her and they will know if she has gone bat-shit crazy! The LAPD needs to state that they met with her and they took a DNA sample to make sure it WAS HER.