What's new

Who the hell is BLiP?

Glenda

Crusader
I'm baaaack!

Whew! Five year ban seemed a tad excessive at the time but now I've done my lag prolly was for the best.

Missed you all. So, what's been happening?
Hello. Greetings. Five years? Goodness. Welcome home (Dave Dobbyn sings on the music machine).

p.s. I have no idea how this board works these days. Haven't been here for a long time.

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Hello. Greetings. Five years? Goodness. Welcome home (Dave Dobbyn sings on the music machine).

p.s. I have no idea how this board works these days. Haven't been here for a long time.
Hi Glenda, nice to see you here again. Yeah, the board looks a bit different but you'll soon get the hang of it.

Glenda

Crusader
Wow! 2 oldtimers back in the one thread.

Hi Glenda!
Hi Emma! This is really kind of wild being back here on ESMB. So many memories - my God it was rough in the beginning when I first landed here. 10+ years have passed since I left the cult and the world is so different. Whew! What a crazy ride it was. ESMB was so very important to me when I first left scn. I honestly don't know what the hell I would have done without being among people who got what the hell was happening. So thank you Emma.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Hi Emma! This is really kind of wild being back here on ESMB. So many memories - my God it was rough in the beginning when I first landed here. 10+ years have passed since I left the cult and the world is so different. Whew! What a crazy ride it was. ESMB was so very important to me when I first left scn. I honestly don't know what the hell I would have done without being among people who got what the hell was happening. So thank you Emma.
It's great to see you. How's life been treating you?

Your story & contributions over the years have helped ESMB to help others. So thank YOU for being here and sharing.:foryou:

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
If I'm not mistaken, Infinite was BLiP on WWP back in the day.

Last edited:

Glenda

Crusader
It's great to see you. How's life been treating you?

Your story & contributions over the years have helped ESMB to help others. So thank YOU for being here and sharing.:foryou:
Life is treating me very well thanks. I have worked with some brilliant therapists. Psych-based! Yikes! lol. I have respect for them. The American chap I worked with really got the whole mind-bent-out-of-shape thing. He was so funny and smart and kind and non-directional. We had some very funny talks together. The day I told him about calling women "sir" in the SO was damn funny. I think he said something like "you do know that's quite fucked up Glenda? Incredibly patriarchal?" Then he saluted at me and I tried to not fall off my chair laughing. He had this great way of helping me see how so much of scn culture is based in warped nonsense.

My life is now full of amazing kind strong people who bring joy and endless robust conversations. I rarely speak about scn these days but the people close in my life know the outline of what happened. I joke with them about my quite irrational fervour for a decent clipboard. We laugh about it. I have a growing collection of old clipboards and plan to make some sort of art installation with them. I'll think I'll up-light it or put pretty flashing lights around the frame. I can't wait to find the time to mess up my wee home with clipboards and paint and glue, etc.

These days I have a simple life. Not a perfect life but an uncomplicated fairly sweet meaningful life. For me ESMB was a powerful venue. I remember it could get really messy because, imo, given that all that is being used is the written word (without the wide range of other stuff humans use when sharing conversations) things can get really bent out of shape, fast. I also think people write stuff on the internet which they would not normally convey in a face-to-face situation so it can be a very cold mean place (the internet). People don't have to own their own shit when anonymity enters the scene. Having said that who knows how many people are far better off for the experience of bashing out words (& reading them) on ESMB. I suspect there are many. I am one of those people. :)

Now let me see if I can go post something on ESMB which annoys the hell out of someone, then I will get all huffy and do a hair-flicking quit-rage (or is is rage-quit?) thing...

Kidding, too mellow these days for loads of drama. :cheers2:
p.s. OMG I just discovered the smilie picker thing. This is fun this new board format. :fromme:

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Now let me see if I can go post something on ESMB which annoys the hell out of someone, then I will get all huffy and do a hair-flicking quit-rage (or is is rage-quit?) thing...
It's rage-quit. You have to do it with as many people watching as possible, and you have to hang around after and see how many will miss you. There is no other way to rage-quit.

Oh and you have to say :fuckoff:to someone on the way out.

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
Yep - my original Anon name was BLiP but I changed it here for some reason. I think someone said use of the name indicated I was a nothing so could be ignored, so, to point out the ridiculousness of that premise I became Infinite. Silly, I know.

Infinite

Kia ora e hoa!

I'm loving your writing and photography over on Facebook. Where's your book? Huh?

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
If I'm not mistaken, Infinite was BLiP on WWP back in the day.
No wonder. I never visited WWP. That may have been before I ever got my first computer which was August 2001. In fact, I didn't even know there was an ex scio community until I discovered Operation Clambake and ESMB in February 2008 when Anonymous came onto the scene. I was reading an article from MSN.com about Anonymous vs. scientoiletry with links to Operation Clambake and Through the Door and I think ESMB which I joined in August 2008. That's when the fun really began.

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
Yep - my original Anon name was BLiP but I changed it here for some reason. I think someone said use of the name indicated I was a nothing so could be ignored, so, to point out the ridiculousness of that premise I became Infinite. Silly, I know.
Does BLiP stand for anything or just a random set of letters?

Infinite

Does BLiP stand for anything or just a random set of letters?

It's a family nickname from yonks ago. The weird capitalisation was just me trying to be all edgy and cool. It's nearly 15 years since I first used it online, back when 4chan was a far better place than it has become.

Glenda

Crusader
Kia ora e hoa!

I'm loving your writing and photography over on Facebook. Where's your book? Huh?
Kia Ora mate! Thank you! Been a bit quiet since March events. Lost my faith in humanity, at the same time witnessed extraordinary deep kindnesses. Such interesting times our wee nation is going through.

The book? I chug away at it but life is full of activities and I am enjoying having a "new" life. I go do non-save-the-world things regularly (mostly environmental related stuff) and have a terrific group of people in my little world.