What's new

Why and How the E-Meter Doesn't Work Well

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
I was suppose to be recording the e-meters reads, but also at the same time, I should be writing down everything nut in front of me was saying! That was not always possible, as you can imagine.

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
Tomato gets stuck in the wrong valence while running a wholetrack implant on the e-meter with Ron.

Kller-Tomatoes-Eat-France-The-Tomatoes-Make-an-Escape-copy.jpg

Don't be posting pics of DM 1st thing in the morning before he dons his mask JS! Too damn scary

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
You know, thinking back on it, the fact that I was trying to write everything down had a calming effect on the dupes, as counter-intuitive as that seems. I was at the same time watching the needle movement. It was do-able. I could TR 0 the living hell out of anyone who walked into my closet, while simultaneously writing down everything they said and watching their needle.

I was soon declared 'Natural Clear' LOL! I'm not kidding!

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
I dunno. The int ext thing was about leaving whether as a thetan or in a body - blowing, I did have an experience where I desperately wanted to blow staff because I couldn't survive on $2 a week pay. I was down in the subway entrance and roiling mentally with the desire to leave staff and found my self exterior. The next day I pulled in the job as the org's night maintenance man and was making a cushy $28 a week. ( this was in '68 - a gallon of gas cost a quarter then )

I never experienced the headaches etc. after any of my exteriorizations. I was a few years later pulling in a series of motivators, I went into AOLA and they did an int correction list which stopped that cold. I never understood why they chose to do that action, but it sure worked.

I recall Hubbard saying they reason the f/n needle phenomena was the same was disconnect from the bank - and I had one after my Power processing session - which was quickied, but more to the point - the grade chart back then said power was the release from whole track engrams, so I was bummed I didn't go past lives, not having run any yet. So I was in suppressed grief when I went to exams, and later on, attested.

It was much later I found out it had been quickied, that no way was it supposed to all be run in one session. (the 3 power processes and power plus) You were supposed to ignore any f/n's till the proper ED for each leg of the process occurred.

Also, like you, I question how a person could be disconnected from the bank and be in an arcx, such as the above example..

Mimsey
Mimsey - what you describe here in this post - IS mind control - pure and simple. It is tricks to "KEEP YOU IN" working for peanuts slaving away helping the leader get rich.

Mimsey - what you describe here in this post - IS mind control - pure and simple. It is tricks to "KEEP YOU IN" working for peanuts slaving away helping the leader get rich.

Say what? What are you referring to?

Exteriorizations? I did that long before meeting up with Scientology. Also did it while on lines. So?

How the F/n could be a disconnect from the bank? That was what I believed at the time. What of it?

The various meter reads, are a manifestation of the mind / body / electrical field interactions as shown on a Wheatstone bridge. A multi meter shows the same things but has very low sensitivity so the reads are almost microscopic, but they are there. Hook one up to a set of cans and see for your self. An e-meter merely magnifies them so they can be seen.

So now that I am an ex I am experiencing residual mind control? Are you saying I should wipe out my memory of my life in Scientology and become a wog? Sigh. I gave more money to the church as a public than I ever earned for the church when I was on staff.

Let me point out something to you - many people do not understand Scientology, and my feeling is they should know exactly how it works. Then they won't be bamboozled by some idiot con artist registrar or delusional staff member or starry eyed, koolaid drinking, high on endorphins, momentarily keyed out, public. I spent years on the SHSBC, on staff, solo auditing etc. and if I can use what I know to help someone understand the nature of the beast, and avoid years of grief, I will.

Comprendez vous?

Mimsey

And, my apologies to my using the word wog - mutter mutter damn panti-waists mutter mutter dilettantes mutter mutter:banghead:.

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
Say what? What are you referring to?

Exteriorizations? I did that long before meeting up with Scientology. Also did it while on lines. So?

<snip>

I'd like to give you some company names and you can exteriorize to sit in on company board meetings.
Then you can report to me and I could then make some good stock investment decisions.
:biggrin:

Last edited:
I'd like to give you some company names and you can exteriorize to sit in on company board meetings.
Then you can report to me and I could then make some good stock investment decisions.
:biggrin:
If only I was interested in that. Why don't you go to Robert Monroe's site and buy some of his CD's - you listen to them with a head set and they help you have out of body experiences. You can buy them on e-bay, you can get his books on Amazon.com. He has had many out of body experiences, and his institute wants you to have them as well.

Then, my friend, you can go to whatever meetings you wish. Hell, you could watch the Trump tweet at 4 am. Such a deal.

Mimsey

https://www.monroeinstitute.org/robert-monroe

https://www.amazon.com/Journeys-Out...ywords=robert+monroe+journeys+out+of+the+body

Journeys%20Out%20of%20the%20Body%2002.jpg

Hemi-Sync® is a scientifically based and clinically proven "audio-guidance" technology that uses sound to influencebrain wave activity. This patented, and highly sophisticated technology is backed by over 50 years of research.

Hemi-Sync® is an audio-guidance process that works through the generation of complex, multilayered audio signals, which act together to create a resonance that is reflected in unique brain wave forms characteristic of specific states of consciousness. The result is a focused, whole-brain state known as hemispheric synchronization, or “Hemi-Sync®,” where the left and right hemispheres are working together in a state of coherence. As an analogy, lasers produce focused, coherent light. Hemi-Sync® produces a focused, coherent mind, which is an optimal condition for improving human performance

gateway.jpg

phenomanon

Canyon

Hmmm, verrrrrrrry interesting!

So, then, lack of thought is what causes meter reactions! Wow! That would completely explain two great unsolved mysteries:
1) Why Scientologists get countless e-meter reads.

2) Why Scientologists are so completely thoughtless.

lol

TR0 !! The world begins and ends with TR0!

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
Since all the old archives are unavailable, perhaps some of you haven't heard my story of when I was the 'Examiner' at ASHO day back around 1980, give or take. It's seriously strange.

If your a 'wog' :p and don't know who the 'examiner' is, I was the guy you went to to get put on the meter one more time to ensure that your needle was truly 'floating' which was suppose to confirm that your auditing session (counseling, going over past upsets, usually) worked. So to speak.

My stat was, of course 'number of exams given' which I had absolutely no control over, as policy dictated that I wasn't allowed to say anything to the P.C.s as they came through, except 'thank you, your needle is floating' or, in theory 'thank you' if it was not. That didn't matter, of course, you would get punished or rewarded regardless. Toward the end, when i left (I won't say blow, they can blow me.) it was you get punished even though stats were up, because they weren't up enough. To paraphrase.

Anyway, on to the main story.

One day, I was sitting there, probably writing letters to people who had paid for services, but apparently did anything to actually have to come and do the services!:duh: when another exam walked in.

He closed the door. That wasn't that unusual, some people did. He sat down, picked up the cans. And SLAMMED his forehead on my table! My e-meter jumped an inch!

As I sat there, TR0 honed in, listening to the most perverted, demented, disturbing stuff I've ever heard in my life, I watched a patchwork of what was first bluish purple lines coalesce into a three inch wide bruise. I had to just stare and say nothing.

That seemed to work. He calmed down.

He thanked me, and walked out!

Well, of course I broke policy and followed, but he was gone, so I asked my department head, this old lady Case Supervisor in Qualifications, and shortly later I heard that the guy was Type 4. Ya think?

I never heard what he was doing there, but he seemed to know the system.

Last edited:

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
Now here is the really strange part. His needle was doing what is described in the old tech manual as a 'stage four needle' It was amazingly mechanical to the point that I thought my meter must have been broken when he slammed his head against the table. The needle would slowly rise, stick, then fall, over and over in a mechanical sort of way, no matter how the guy holding the cans was freaking out and talking about the sickest stuff I ever heard. He held the cans still, though, so I'm still not sure it wasn't some kind of malfunction, but I can attest that the meter worked fine after that.

So, I'm convinced people can become seriously tweaked, but I'm still not sure how this happens.

Gib

Crusader
Now here is the really strange part. His needle was doing what is described in the old tech manual as a 'stage four needle' It was amazingly mechanical to the point that I thought my meter must have been broken when he slammed his head against the table. The needle would slowly rise, stick, then fall, over and over in a mechanical sort of way, no matter how the guy holding the cans was freaking out and talking about the sickest stuff I ever heard. He held the cans still, though, so I'm still not sure it wasn't some kind of malfunction, but I can attest that the meter worked fine after that.

So, I'm convinced people can become seriously tweaked, but I'm still not sure how this happens.

short answer, Rhetoric.

I was at flag talking to someone about the various meter reads and he told had seen a stage 4. I asked where - and he hemmed and hawed but made it obvious it was in a solo nots session ( we were in the elevator at the time, and neither wanted to get written up by one of the other passangers)

I think that and a rocket read are the only reads I haven't seen.

Mimsey

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Since all the old archives are unavailable, perhaps some of you haven't heard my story of when I was the 'Examiner' at ASHO day back around 1980, give or take. It's seriously strange.

It's a shame if those archives aren't available. I remember that thread. I said how I hated doing the occasional exam as I so rarely saw an after-session F/N, yet the reported org after-session F/N percentage was ALWAYS way over 99%.

And you confirmed how it was so much bullshit.

Paul

JustSheila

Crusader

I saw the Stage 4 needle once when I was a wordclearer in the EPF courseroom in 1977. Could it be the same guy, Rmack? He was tall and thin, with dark hair, probably in his early 30s. When I had him on the meter, he would say he understood things and go through the motions, but the needle never changed except an occasional theta bop. It was kind of spooky, like he was pretending or acting or something. He walked and moved kind of stiff.

The man was bananas. His EPF crew said he would walk to the edge of the roof with his toes hanging over and just stare down at the ground. He would forget instructions, do the opposite of what was asked, wreck things. Nobody wanted to work with him. He was offloaded with a Fitness Board pretty quickly.

I think he was someone homeless or a druggy that was recruited. That was going on in PAC at the time.

His needle action didn't make Stage 4 sound good, but it didn't make a theta bop seem like any sort of good thing, either. :no:

GreyLensman

Silver Meritorious Patron
I always loathed Int Rdns. It was that corner of the tech peeled back everyone encounters someday, where that piece just doesn't work for you at all, no how, no matter how much repair is done. Until eventually you force an F/N and GIs just to fucking end it.

This and the 2D co-audit pretty much ended Scientology for me. Unraveled the thread, and in tugging at it I wound up with no sweater, just a ball of string...

-- GL

This thread is meant for those who still believe an emeter can catch them or that it's even a useful counseling tool. The reads are not only unreliable, they don't all mean what Hubbard said they meant.

For example, L Ron Hubbard wrote about an ARC Break F/N. It looks and responds exactly like a Floating Needle, except the person is extremely upset.

Let that sink in for a minute. The End Phenomenon of any scientology process is the Floating Needle (F/N) accompanied by a coined statement of some sort that everybody is supposed to say at the end of that particular process. The F/N is the emeter's verification that the process has been successfully completed.

Yet the emeter is so inaccurate, that the end phenomenon emeter needle response (F/N) looks exactly the same as someone who is very upset.

To make up for this shortcoming, the church of scientology has to assign people the job of sitting in a little room to actually look at the person when he or she attests to completing something and look at the emeter and observe with their own eyes if the person has Good Indicators (smiling, etc.) or Bad Indicators (frowning, crying, angry, etc.) along with the F/N needle response.
How STUPID is that? Scientology has to have a staff member there because the exact same emeter response can mean two entirely different things.:duh:

Ooops! The emeter is not so amazing after all. Only an observant human can determine if its results are accurate. Fancy that.

As huge as this problem is with the emeter and F/Ns, the problem doesn't stop there.

The emeter can react (read) on real memories or not read on them at all. It can read on fantasies, nightmares, things you saw on television, things you imagined from books or things you heard from other people. Yet those reads are used together with an emeter as ''earlier similar memories" and naive folks are convinced they are real memories because the emeter said so.

On another thread, I brought up the Interiorization Rundown. Here's another place where both the emeter and the process are used for two entirely opposite things. The Rundown is used when a person claims to go exterior after a process and later claims to experience headaches, tension and other negative effects after a big win. Questionable? Absolutely.

But the stupid doesn't stop there. The exact same process is used on those who are unhappy and want to leave staff or scientology, too. WHAT? :confused2:

HOW can a remedy to restore an apparently monstrous big win be exactly the same remedy run on a dissatisfied person who wants to leave?
How can that remedy have exactly the same end phenomenon for both situations, which are entirely different?

Easy. It doesn't.

The process goes like this:

The (pc/preOT/guinea pig) has to remember or imagine times when he or she:

WENT IN
WAS STUCK IN
BEING TRAPPED

or anything about Jails, incarcerations, etc and a few other ''in" type of questions.

How it works on someone who is actually literally, physically trapped or incarcerated (like on the RPF) is the person remembers every horrific thing he or she ever read or imagined about prisoners, realizes he or she is every bit as trapped now as any of those prisoners and caves in. How it sometimes looks on the emeter is the TA goes out the roof, so far up that the auditor can't even keep a needle on the dial, and then crashes down so fast and hard that it feels like a physical impact at the exact moment the person's hope and will to get out are broken.

It happened to me. I was the schmuck/guinea pig.

L Ron Hubbard wrote about this crashing TA sometimes happening on the Interiorization Rundown and celebrated it as amazing and wonderful. He loved it so much, in fact, that he insisted this be run on staff who want to leave. :angry:

Believing what you read in scientology or trusting an emeter can hurt you, and other people too.

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
Let me point out something to you - many people do not understand Scientology, and my feeling is they should know exactly how it works.:ohmy:

:eyeroll:
Scientology is mind control - that is how it works.

Read up on that if you want people to understand how it works

It is NOT ROCKET SCIENCE - that is for sure! :no:

In fact - it is a precise science of cult mind control!:yes: