What's new

why cant you discuss 'case' in $cientology?

xseaorguk

Patron Meritorious
I got into $cientology in 1979 was only active for about 3 years, but until 5 months ago I knew nothing about the Xenu story, still thought OT's had special powers and beleived $cn version of Hubbard's life.
I remember sayings like
" no discussing case", ..and
"thats confidential".
That meant that apart from a few stories about people being able to go exterior and visit others parts of the world, remember past lives, I actually had never discussed with anbody what they had experienced from the 'oh so wonderful auditing'.
It still seemed like a magical way of becoming:
'Cause over life'
'Cause over matter energy space and time'

In fact the grade chart as it then was, really impressed me, although I noticed few people around me had gone very far on it.

On staff I experienced NOTS completions coming into the Qual. depmnt. and attesting, giving a speech to a crowd of enthused listeners.
It beacame very obvious that nobody was going to mention anything 'confidential'.
The OT's there seemed like normal people, in fact some I found rather dull and mediocre.
Did I expect too much of them?

Then there was the saying:(maybe quoted not quite right), which seemed to explain everything.

"A cleared canibal is a cleared canibal'

Or when a public OT seemed less able:

"he hasn't done the training side of the bridge, which is just as important!"

Anyway back to where I started, I think that a lot of the CULT's intention is to keep as much as possible in a 'secret' 'mystic' area.
By not even being allowed to discuss what you experienced in auditing it makes the whole thing a mystery, dont you think?

Why not publish a book in $cientology of all the successful 'engrams' that had been eradicated thru 'auditing'.
A book on all the special powers people had developed thru the OT levels, with the people saying who they were, so we could contact them and admire them.
$cientology does like its success stories, so why not do it?

Why not a book about real 'pastllives'?..... or a programme like we have in the UK on TV called 'who do you think you are?',
where they delve into the family tree of people, going back hundreds of years.
Surely this would just make critics like us just dissolve like an aspirin in water.

If people are paying huge amounts of money for these 'abilities', then why not just get some clears together and prove to us that it really exists, surely its not so difficult.

If I said to you I had developed thru yoga the ability to levitate my body, you would say,
"ok, show me!"

Why are these questions not being asked?
In the books of LRH the abilities are listed and on the grade-chart (as I remember it) they End Phenomen is also stated for each level.

Am I just a twit for thinking up such a tool for finding out the 'truth'?

asagai

Patron Meritorious
You are not a twit. But according to Scn you are "open-minded"! :whistling:

If you require "proof" or "verification" you are "PTS" according to Hubbard.

This was a deliberate slave-making, mind-controlling cult that we were in.

He modelled his mind-control on Orwell's 1984, in my opinion. His version was the "brainwashing manual" and both books explain how he took away your critical faculties.

"Men are your slaves" "Material things are yours for the asking" - these LRH affirmations were his impetus for the creation of scientology.

Human Again

Silver Meritorious Patron
You're no twit. The confidentiality thing is there to preserve the mystery and precicely so it can't be investigated and debunked. Check out the video from Jason Bege - a breath of fresh air!

Since realising it's all hogwash, I have begun to feel a strange mix of pity and disgust for my buddies still supporting this machine with their work in the SO and on staff.

They really believe the bs and are deluded in thinking that they are producing valuable final products, when in reality, what they are doing is helping COB purchse more and more real estate while selling people peices of sky.

The "wins" people have with the tech are available in other practices, and with less torture, cost and dellusion.

It is a careful trap of promises, lies and conditioning to get people in one end of the funnel and keep them in to get fleeced of their money, time, endorsement and effort. You can see what they do with people who withhold any of those things - here we are discarded and labelled.

The training wins, the value of understanding things like ARC, a good comm cycle, the concept of exchange, morality vs ethics etc are all good logic and sense NOT the holy scriptures of a man who could see better than anyone else and who was way beyond others spiritually.

The techniques of auditing are a mix of counselling on prearranged issues, likely to be hot topics for anyone, (Ah, until you get to the BTs and sci fi shit, in which case I believe it is whatever came up for him and he decided that therefore everyone had to have it as an issue.) and cognitive behavioural therapy with the difference that the patient is not allowed to determine their own version of better behaviour but where the "acceptable behaviour" is established by a dead sci fi writer.

If you detect a note of bitterness, well, I really really believed it all and have been very dissapointed to find out it's crap.

So, you're no twit. Discussing case is prohibited because if we did it we would find out the truth.

AH

Wisened One

Crusader
Uh...mods? Could you delete (or merge) this same question (and its replies) which is also over in 'Org Watch' Europe portion of the board? http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=7904 :screwy:

I had answered this question there, so I'll re-post it here:
................................................................................................

The reason why $camologists were never allowed to talk to each other about their 'case' or their ot level, etc?

Two words:

Control Mechanism.

Lee_from_phx

Patron with Honors
The theory behind that is that the other person could get restimulated or end up with a hidden standard.

That isn't the theory, just the shore story.

The theory is as others in this thread have described, to entrap the person.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
That isn't the theory, just the shore story.

The theory is as others in this thread have described, to entrap the person.

I was discussing the Scn theory- not your theory or that of another contributor.

Gawd, even when I use qualifiers, like "The theory is", I get flak.:omg: :

dr3k

Patron with Honors
Hubbard decide no one could discuss their case because then they'd realize there were 1,000 people who believed they were the same person in another life and it would only end up in fights.

Lee_from_phx

Patron with Honors
I was discussing the Scn theory- not your theory or that of another contributor.

Gawd, even when I use qualifiers, like "The theory is", I get flak.:omg: :

Scientology theory is always about entrapment, enslavement, extortion, destruction, murder, rape, and the creation of mass misery. This is its purpose. Any theories associated with it are either designed to achieve these ends, obscure the progress towards them, or escape responsibility for them.

It ain't about you.

Lee_from_phx

Patron with Honors
Hubbard decide no one could discuss their case because then they'd realize there were 1,000 people who believed they were the same person in another life and it would only end up in fights.

Well I know for a fact that I was Julius Ceasar's father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.

Human Again

Silver Meritorious Patron
RE: many people believing they were the same ( usually famous) person

Actually I was a BT stuck on Cleopatra's ass... Anyone else hanging around here part of my cluster?

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Scientology theory is always about entrapment, enslavement, extortion, destruction, murder, rape, and the creation of mass misery. This is its purpose. Any theories associated with it are either designed to achieve these ends, obscure the progress towards them, or escape responsibility for them.

It ain't about you.

I was talking about the theory as set forth. Whether or not you agree or disagree with it or think he didn't mean it is another matter.

I'm not sure how many more qualifiers I'm supposed to use or what hoops I need to jump through.

Clearly, I need to crack open another winecooler.

gomorrhan

Gold Meritorious Patron
uhhh... yeah, well, you mean set forth in official texts, or in 'The Brainwashing Manual' or other similar texts (TR-L, etc.).

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Oh, Kevin, you know better than that. I was talking about tech. Here. Let me spell it out for you the way I have for so many others. I have never read TRLie.

HTH.