What's new

Why did a 26-year-old ‘Clear’ kill herself at Scientology’s spiritual mecca?

RSS Feed

RSS Feeder Bot
There is a new post up at the Underground Bunker

Why did a 26-year-old ‘Clear’ kill herself at Scientology’s spiritual mecca?

[Kristi Bouck went Clear in 2015]

In 2015, our correspondent Rod Keller posted at his own website a photo from Scientology’s South Coast mission in Orange County, California (see above). It featured a young woman named Kristi Bouck showing off a document indicating that she had attested to “Clear.”

The state of Clear was the [...]

[Kristi[.......]

Continue reading...

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Why had there been nothing said publicly about Kristi’s death occurring while she was at Flag, the letter writer asked. What was she doing in the few days she was there? How did she obtain a gun in order to kill herself? Was she under pressure at Flag to return to the Sea Org and give up her plans of marriage?
My guess: a mentally fragile woman arrived at Flag, and was put under enormous levels of pressure and duress. Possibly she was told she needed to buy her whole Bridge package, and do something shady to get the money. Possibly she was put under pressure to return to the Sea Org, and pressured to not get married if that would get in the way of her return.

Possibly, she was threatened with exposure of some things she gave up in session, which she felt would ruin her future, unless she got lots of money together and/or promised to return to the SO.

Flag's revenues have been falling over the years, with members leaving and fewer people on their cash-cow "Solo NOTs". This would turn their sales people desperate to do anything to get revenue.

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
<snip>

Possibly, she was threatened with exposure of some things she gave up in session, which she felt would ruin her future, unless she got lots of money together and/or promised to return to the SO.
<snip>
Does this actually happen? I know stuff in a PC's folders have been disclosed to discredit them once that PC has quit and is causing trouble on the outside, but...

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Does this actually happen? I know stuff in a PC's folders have been disclosed to discredit them once that PC has quit and is causing trouble on the outside, but...
Yes, it does happen. All that is needed is for some executive to get annoyed with you.

A lady I knew was offloaded from the SO due to chronic medical issues. To prevent her husband from leaving with her, they told him things from her PC folder, in order to convince him to divorce her and stay. She was very upset over that.

The "juicy bits" from your PC folder are NOT private from Ethics, (or even org executives if they are curious) and they can and will bring them up with you if you give them trouble, or even are annoyingly resisting doing something they want you to do.

FoTi

Crusader
Obviously something happened at Flag that made her think it was not worth continuing her current life or else someone cleverly murdered her and made it look like suicide.

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious
Yes, it does happen. All that is needed is for some executive to get annoyed with you.

A lady I knew was offloaded from the SO due to chronic medical issues. To prevent her husband from leaving with her, they told him things from her PC folder, in order to convince him to divorce her and stay. She was very upset over that.

The "juicy bits" from your PC folder are NOT private from Ethics, (or even org executives if they are curious) and they can and will bring them up with you if you give them trouble, or even are annoyingly resisting doing something they want you to do.
I second that. Whilst in Scientology, I coughed up some embarrassing stuff in session, hoping to unburden myself, feel better and raise my confront in the area. Later the same day, a tech-trained, OT V, second-generation Scientologist was laughing and mocking me openly in front of org staff, for the contents of what I had divulged in my "priest-penitent privileged" session. This person had nothing to do with my case. She wasn't my auditor. She wasn't my C/S. She wasn't on any tech post that should have given her access to my folder. In fact, she wasn't even on staff (whereas I was). Well, I suppose I achieved my session objective of raising my own confront on the embarrassing area that I had been discussing with the auditor. Having my personal life openly discussed in the Org certainly did that. It also made me realise that NOTHING was private between pc and auditor. I was appalled. Wasn't the only time that happened to me, either.

Did I mention that this person is now the UK OTC Ambassidor/Ambassordor I/C?

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious
One time I was sent by the OES of my Org to go and retrieve a blown pc. My instructions were "Go to his house, and tell him that, if he doesn't come back immediately, we will let the police know about his past activity". I pressed for further information, and was informed that this pc was a homosexual, living with an older guy, and from oblique comments that were made it seems that his 'sin' was that he had been engaged in occasional rent boy activity. I was told to use this information to get him back into the org immediately.

As it happens, he had already left town, so I wasn't able to catch up with him. But I didn't feel comfortable at all being sent on that kind of errand. It didn't seem like a very 'ARC-ful' way of getting someone back who had paid in a lot of money for auditing, was clearly struggling with aspects of his life and trying to handle them with Scientology. I realised around that time that Scientology could be quite a Machiavellian organisation when it needed to be.

Leland

Crusader

Yes it can. Juicy stuff can become gossip of the day...around the Org....or even multiple orgs.....

It did for me.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Thanks for that anecdote. There are countless other identical cases where "sacred confessionals" are used by the cult to treacherously betray and destroy anyone they think might reveal the truth about what really happens in their "ideal" orgs and "meccas of technical perfection" and "friendliest place in the world" (Flag).

REASON WHY THIS HAPPENS:
  • It is sacred inviolable policy to never reveal a PC's secrets told in session.
  • However, it is SENIOR inviolable policy to do the greatest good and not fear to hurt someone in a just cause.

Senior Policy -noun: 1. Any policy which allows someone higher on the command channel to cancel and/or "rise above" sacred inviolable policy--in order to control, coerce or crush those of lesser rank (i.e. Whistleblowers, DBs, Criminals, SPs and anyone else they don't happen to particularly like or agree with).

Last edited:

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
When you just become engaged and promise to marry someone, it is a whole new future...your life will now change to become a partnership with constant support (hopefully) nurturing, sharing, other benefits.
To commit suicide 1 week after promising to wed is just too strange.
Tony mentioned KIM PERRY and I want to elaborate on her. Kim Perry, earlier in time was Katie's auditor.
KIm Perry is an "OT VIII" Super Power completion. Ls completion.
Long term staff member of South Coast Mission.
And recently declared Suppressive Person.
The cult did not know she was an evil anti-social personality when they gouged her for all the $$$$$$$$$ all the way up to OT VIII ? The cult did not know she was suppressive when they (recently) put her through Super Power ? Only after their ripping off high six figures did they declare her a suppressive person.
KIM's family is deeply embedded in the cult. Her 2 sons have disconnected from her. Her Brother Adam is the HCO Area Secretary of the Mission and has cut her off like a leper. All her family and friends have disconnected.
This is the repeated story of what happens to a human being who joins the Scn cult.
Money gone, family gone, friends gone, shamed and thrown into the wilderness.
You step into a brick and mortar facility of the cult at your own risk
IMage:
Kim Perry
(formerly Kim Whitworth/ Kim Binford)
OC.Kim.Perry.jpg

Last edited:

renegade

Silver Meritorious Patron
When you just become engaged and promise to marry someone, it is a whole new future...your life will now change to become a partnership with constant support (hopefully) nurturing, sharing, other benefits.
Tony mentioned KIM PERRY and I want to elaborate on her. Kim Perry, earlier in time was Katie's auditor.
KIm Perry is an "OT VIII" Super Power completion.
The cult did not know she was an evil anti-social personality when they gouged her for all the $$$$$$$$$ all the way up to OT VIII ? The cult did not know she was suppressive when they (recently) put her through Super Power ? Only after their ripping off high six figures did they declare her a suppressive person.
KIM's family is deeply embedded in the cult. Her 2 sons have disconnected from her. Her Brother Adam is the HCO Area Secretary of the Mission and has cut her off like a leper. All her family and friends have disconnected.
This is the repeated story of what happens to a human being who joins the Scn cult.
IMage:
Kim Perry
OC.Kim.Perry.jpg
Wow!! Did her husband and mother in law disconnect from her? If not mistaken, her brother in law is Bruce Perry, former CO CLO.

Last edited:

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious
KIm Perry is an "OT VIII" Super Power completion.
IMage:
Kim Perry
OC.Kim.Perry.jpg
What does a veteran OTVIII Super Power completion have to do to get declared? Did she back-flash a Sea Org executive? Stop donating to the IAS? I'm curious.

Obviously this is the Church's business model. If you want to stay in Scientology as an OTVIII (or Class XII, for that matter :)), then you keep your mouth shut, toe the line, and keep donating (at least giving strategically-placed donations to keep them happy). But any sign of dissent, and you'll be gone soon. You know too much. You could cause too much damage if you start making your mouth move.

If we take the Church's claims about OTs at face value, then it's technically NOT POSSIBLE for an OTVIII to suddenly turn out to be an SP.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
What does a veteran OTVIII Super Power completion have to do to get declared?
In the Introduction to Scientology Ethics book there is a list of Suppressive Acts. In addition to that there is an unwritten list of additional acts that will also get one declared a Suppressive Person. In my case, my High Crime was my decision to leave the Sea Org. (although that wasn't listed in my Goldenrod.)

Waking up to the true nature of the CoS is one of those things that will get someone declared. From the CoS perspective you've become a dangerous security threat as you might share your realizations with others. Using an SP Declare against such a person will isolate them and stop that from happening.

The story in the OP about Kristi Bouck is very disturbing to say the least. Something obviously big happened to her and I fear its one of those things Enthetan and others speculated about above. Hopefully the truth eventually does come out.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
KIm Perry is an "OT VIII" Super Power completion. Ls completion.
IMage:
Kim Perry
OC.Kim.Perry.jpg
Thank you, that says it all!

Well, maybe just one other comment. . .

WHAT CULT PURPORTS TO DO: HANDLE THE PERSON'S RUIN
WHAT CULT ACTUALLY DOES: CAUSE THE PERSON'S RUIN
That is the 1st and 3rd act of the theatrics played out on the cult's stage.

The 2nd act consists mainly of frenetic finances, fretting, floundering & fail.

phenomanon

Canyon
In the Introduction to Scientology Ethics book there is a list of Suppressive Acts. In addition to that there is an unwritten list of additionalacts that will also get one declared a Suppressive Person. In my case, my High Crime was my decision to leave the Sea Org. (although that wasn't listed in my Goldenrod.)

Waking up to the true nature of the CoS is one of those things that will get someone declared. From the CoS perspective you've become a dangerous security threat as you might share your realizations with others. Using an SP Declare against such a person will isolate them and stop that from happening.

The story in the OP about Kristi Bouck is very disturbing to say the least. Something obviously big happened to her and I fear its one of those things Enthetan and others speculated about above. Hopefully the truth eventually does come out.

My guess: a mentally fragile woman arrived at Flag, and was put under enormous levels of pressure and duress. Possibly she was told she needed to buy her whole Bridge package, and do something shady to get the money. Possibly she was put under pressure to return to the Sea Org, and pressured to not get married if that would get in the way of her return.

Flag's revenues have been falling over the years, with members leaving and fewer people on their cash-cow "Solo NOTs". This would turn their sales people desperate to do anything to get revenue.
Nother thing that often happens is a Clear tries to route in to Flag for their OT levels, and they are R-Factored that The C/S has adjudicated that she is not yet Clear, and the Clear attest is cancelled.
She caved.

Veda

Sponsor
As a new Scientologist, the fragility of "Clears" seemed odd to me.

I thought "Clears," of all people, should not be fragile, but they usually were, and collapsed with the slightest "invalidation," especially from a Scientologically authoritative source.

Add to this Scientology, essentially, being a Death Cult, which considers "ending cycle" (suicide) as just another "process" (albeit one kept behind the scenes); and even celebrated its founder committing suicide by killing his (they were told) healthy body. This is also kept behind the scenes, but it's all part of Scientology for those who descend into its secretive world.

Gib

Crusader
Nother thing that often happens is a Clear tries to route in to Flag for their OT levels, and they are R-Factored that The C/S has adjudicated that she is not yet Clear, and the Clear attest is cancelled.
She caved.
yep, I would agree with that, this shit rhetoric by hubbard can have a profound effect on one, of one attaining states of awareness and ability, and it fucks with one's mind.

Your daughter, Hilda, audited me on method 1, ARC Straightwire and Grade 0.

After completing Method 1, I did not achieve the ability to recall my education. In fact the whole auditing rundown was hard and grueling and the only thing that kept me going was I wanted to go Clear.

ARC Straightwire was fun and I actually did think I achieved the EP of a PC knowing he/she will not get worse. I'd probably put it now in the category of talking to somebody about pleasure moments and it makes one happy.

Grade 0, or communications release, or the ability to talk to anybody about anything, on all four flows. Well, Hilda and I did that rundown, we did all the process's and it was good, I did feel maybe I could do that EP, but I wasn't sure. So, after completing all the process's on the rundown, why I was to attest.

I never attested, I said to the examiner I'm not sure if I can communicate to anybody about anything and I'd like to do more. My folder was sent back to the C/S. Now, this was when I was on staff, and Hilda was a volunteer staff auditor, she wanted to help staff.

Anyways, being on staff and the commotions of staff life, get your stats up, etc. Why my refusal to attest was dropped and forgotten you might say, as this was also the time of the Time Article which caused major flaps at the org/mission I was at.

Nevertheless, what's my point, I still continued chasing the dream of Clear and then OT.

Here I am protesting now it's all bunk, and I'm married to a OT8 who thinks the same.

I am sad of another needless death.

BTW, I consider your daughter a friend, I wish I could talk to her.

Another BTW, once while talking with Hilda, outside of auditing, I said something like I have no plants in my living quarters and I'd like some, she gave me a spider plant to grow. To this day, that spider plant is still with me, it's a living memory of your daughter, I just wanted you to know that. We call it Hilda.

Last edited: