ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Why Did Aftermath Never Do an Episode on the Death of Kyle Brennan?

Discussion in 'Office of Special Affairs' started by Alanzo, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

He considered leaving much earlier, but he stayed so as not to get disconnected from all his family.

I'm sure he had plenty of time to gather contacts. And I believe some OSA personnel had the ability to communicate directly with declared SP's when needed, so he may have had access that way.

2. freethinker

freethinker Sponsor

I believe Tom Devocht left after Rinder. I think Miscavige would have suspected something if he had been planning a long time. Miscavige doesn't trust people even when they tell him the truth.

There weren't that many people who left before Rinder and Marty who would actually trust them, if any. It was Mike and Marty who hunted people down who blew to get them to return.

3. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

Back to the OP:

“Scientology and the Aftermath” is not a whodunnit crime show or a sensationalistic show. It’s not about how things looked. If they didn’t have the supporting evidence and there were too many legal liabilities from the cult of Scientology and evidence was too controversial, they wouldn’t air it. It’s not about opinions, just facts supported by evidence. They’re not masochists hoping for lawsuits.

Like duh! :duh:

Free to shine and Type4_PTS like this.
  4. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

You haven't read this thread, have you?

Nor have you visited Victoria Britton's blog on the death of her son, Kyle, have you?

Have you at least read the transcript of the radio interview Victoria and Rick Britton did which is published in the OP? That interview went out on the air, by the way. And the little public radio station that aired it was not sued.

Why would Scientology and the Aftermath, a show on the A&E Network, be too afraid to do something that a little radio station in Charlottesville Virginia was "brave" enough to do?

Come on, Sheila.

The fact is that Scientology and the Aftermath turned down the episode because Mike Rinder wanted this story spiked. It should have been Episode 1 of Season 1 of Scientology and the Aftermath IF Leah Remini's Scientology and the Aftermath was the show it claimed to be.

Because they never revealed anything that would bring about a federal investigation or a review of Scientology's tax exempt status - two things they claimed they wanted - even though there were stories like Kyle Brennan's to be told...which they never told...

...Come on Sheila...

Think!

5. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

I didn’t state my “feelings” or opinions. Just the facts. I’ve read plenty about it, and I know more personally about the show’s strict requirements for evidence than you do. Stop trying to manipulate others with emotions and ad homs. It’s pathetic.

Lurker5, UTR, Bill and 3 others like this.
  6. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

Did you read the transcript in the OP?

7. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

Yes.

freethinker likes this.
  8. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

Yet you said this after you read that:

Please explain.

9. freethinker

freethinker Sponsor

Are you challenged on reading plain English?

10. PirateAndBum

PirateAndBum Gold Meritorious Patron

Given the way Afterath shows were formatted, how exactly would Kyle's story fit? Have Kyle's mom on to state her speculations? If Kyle was murdered, the only motive would have been to stop Kyle from getting his father in trouble over the apartment fire. How does this relate to co$ abuses?

11. Caroline

Caroline Patron Meritorious

:hattip:

There's a bit more to add to the timeline for Rinder and the Hole.

Sweeney filming on location at the London Ideal Org Opening would have made him an active security threat. According to scientology.org, the Grand Opening occurred on October 22, 2006. DM apparently sprung Rinder from the Hole some time between then and early March, 2007.

AryaZ likes this.
  12. AryaZ

AryaZ Seeking truth and retribution

Mike was listed on the Senior Honor Roll in Impact Magazine 114 ca. Sept 2006.

So Mike may have had money in the bank from commissions earned from selling IAS memberships.

Senior Honor Roll:

Awarded to people who have helped 100 or more people to become members of the IAS or have contributed to IAS expansion in some stellar fashion.

https://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/by-name/m/mike-rinder.html

13. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

No need. I wrote that clearly, Alanzo.

Slow down and stop reading into things.

Lurker5, tesseract, UTR and 2 others like this.
  14. freethinker

freethinker Sponsor

Does Miscavige actually pay out to SO members?

15. AryaZ

AryaZ Seeking truth and retribution

I wasn't a SO member. I was on staff at a Class V org. But, I heard SO were paid commission on IAS donations. The org I was at, pooled the commission and split it amongst all staff. I'm not sure if it was always that way but it was from 96-99 and 2008-2011. I vaguely remember how it worked.

However, when I was being recruited for the SO, I had a consideration on the low/pay and I was told (by Gavin Potter)
    I could earn commission on book sales and IAS donations. But he lied to me about a lot of things lol . So, maybe he lied about that too.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
  16. I told you I was trouble

I told you I was trouble Suspended animation

Yes ... the pay varies each week based on the Gross Income for that week (and very often it was zero) but there are no living expenses so a frugal person could save it. Mike was an Exec for many years so his income would have been higher than that of most when he was on post.

This is from memory or may even be my dub-in but it makes sense to me and I'm pretty sure he did say it somewhere. He made the decision to leave and paid in advance for a few nights in a cheap boarding house well away from wherever he was initially staying, then he pulled the pin and then did whatever he had to do to contact a trusted person (or perhaps a few ) to get some assistance via phone. He would have just dumped the sim in the cofs phone and replaced it with a use as you go one. That feeling of immediate freedom would have been overwhelming as he walked the streets of London.

Missionaires are given enough money to survive on and pay for whatever they will need ... so presumably he pulled it all and used it to get through the next few days, that's what I would have done anyway.

freethinker and Type4_PTS like this.
  17. scooter

scooter Gold Meritorious Patron

Here's my 15 minutes of fame for you all to marvel at:

Iirc I emailed Mike Rinder about whether or not our story was something Aftermath was interested in. Caz and I had talked about it and she was happy to do it. We got emails from I think a producer and then it all fizzled out. No sorry we can't do your story.

Never bothered us. I've done enough media to know that even the best stories can be dropped for the most obscure reasons. Yes it would have been nice to have been part of an Emmy Award winning show (although this was pre- first season) but cest la vie.

Sorry Al but I think you may be reading too much into this rejection. Just my opinion based on limited experience - I could well be wrong though

Lurker5, tesseract, UTR and 5 others like this.
  18. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

For people who still believe that Kyle Brennan killed himself, and was not murdered, there is some very simple factual evidence in this case that you should examine.

He wasn't even my son and this post is still hard to write.

But whatever - welcome to the viciousness of David Miscavige's Scientology.

This is a post by Kyle's mother, Victoria Britton, which shows the crime scene evidence that proves it is highly probable that Kyle did not kill himself, and which every professional criminologist and expert - outside of David Miscavgie's Clearwater PD - agrees with.

Go to Kyle's Mother's blog and read it.

Because of David Miscavige's corrupt crime machine in Clearwater, Florida, Victoria Britton is alone, having to post this information and fight this fight by herself. When you go to this link to read this, leave her a comment telling her that, as an an Ex Scientologist who is interested in exposing the criminality and abuse of Scientology, you care about this story. And that you will help.

https://vbreton2062.wordpress.com/crime-scene-information/

If you need more forensic information on how and why this evidence proves Kyle did not commit suicide, go here:

http://www.exploreforensics.co.uk/entrance-and-exit-wounds.html

Then report back.

I'd like to see how much you really care about exposing the CRIMINALITY of the David Miscavige's Church of Scientology.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
    AryaZ likes this.
  19. Caroline

Caroline Patron Meritorious

From Mike Rinder's December 12, 2013 declaration, filed in Monique Rathbun:

AryaZ likes this.
  20. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

When David Miscavige puts someone in the Hole, does this mean they are on vacation from the responsibilities of their posts?

That doesn't seem like Dave to me, or really any Church post. No matter the ethics penalties that are thrown at you, you are still responsible for the products and the condition of your area.

Why do we all assume that being in The Hole was a vacation for anyone?

I'll tell you why, because Rinder has used the Hole as a plausible deniability device to say that whenever OSA ever did anything illegal, he was "in the Hole" and therefore knew nothing about it. This has been a primary shore story he has used throughout the 12 years he's been "out".