What's new

Why did Hubbard ban anyone who had taken LSD from joining the Sea Org?

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I wonder how many people here actually still do drugs.

I gave up LSD after a year. I stopped smoking pot a few weeks before I got into Scientology (coincidence). Haven't taken any street drugs since, 42 years ago, and next to no pharmaceutical ones either beyond high blood pressure pills and dental anaesthetics. I drink about a mouthful of wine a month. I have no interest in street drugs or even getting drunk any more.

Paul

phenomanon

Canyon
I wonder how many people here actually still do drugs. I kicked my D&A back in the early '70's, before I ever heard of Scientology. I smoked pot with my former wife 25 years ago to keep her company when she was ill and eventually died. Haven't smoked since, don't feel like it. Hell, I don't drink, smoke; I eat healthy, exercise, get my sleep. Don't even drink coffee anymore because my body rebels. Mom would be proud. Sounds like I should be ready to join the priesthood other than I'm crazy as a bedbug....

f973c654396b29a3ae1aa0197cdc802c_zpse69e7123.jpg

My experiments with acid were limited. After the first time, I knew to cut back on dosage if I wanted a calm, gloriusly beautiful trip without completely losing touch with the body. I did it only 4 times, and I was done with it. The first trip on acid was "mind blowing" for sure There was no mind. There was no 'I'. There was only swirling colors, and no separate identity whatsoever. I had some excellent guides, and the very best Owsley( spelling?). One trip I did was in San Francisco ( where I lived). I climbed to the top 0f a park somewhere in or near Golden Gate Park, where I fancied that the guys I saw all had heads and trunks of men, but the legs of a horse. I thought that they were all the God, Pan. I also looked down that hill and I knew that whichever path I took down it determined my future.
O the good old days.
I knew that my marriage was over when, on my fourth and last trip, my (then) husband drove me to the Brisbane dump rather than to the beach where i had asked to go. lol.
My 'drug' of choice has always been Marijuana. I got 'turned on' in 1946 when I was 15 yrs old and I still love to smoke pot.
I was thinking yesterday that if we institute the draft to get military personnel to figt in the Middle East ( again) that it will be hard to get our young men interested in fighting a war since we have legalized pot.

gbuck

oxymoron
I wonder how many people here actually still do drugs. I kicked my D&A back in the early '70's, before I ever heard of Scientology. I smoked pot with my former wife 25 years ago to keep her company when she was ill and eventually died. Haven't smoked since, don't feel like it. Hell, I don't drink, smoke; I eat healthy, exercise, get my sleep. Don't even drink coffee anymore because my body rebels. Mom would be proud. Sounds like I should be ready to join the priesthood other than I'm crazy as a bedbug....

f973c654396b29a3ae1aa0197cdc802c_zpse69e7123.jpg

as a student deep into the study of my own dumbness I can brook no distractions,I left them way down the road. :ohmy: Great cartoon by the way, those were the days. :p

gbuck

oxymoron
[video=youtube;BC-eFU6OgxA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BC-eFU6OgxA[/video]

Do people who've takes LSD prove to be more difficult to programme or to roboticise? as they cannot follow commands and are therefore more difficult to indoctrinate? i.e. they cannot duplicate the tech? [ the suggestions] Hubbard would not need wayward robots.

SpaceVaccine888

Acintya Bhedabheda-Tattva
Do people who've takes LSD prove to be more difficult to programme or to roboticise? as they cannot follow commands and are therefore more difficult to indoctrinate? i.e. they cannot duplicate the tech? [ the suggestions] Hubbard would not need wayward robots.
From my experience, yes, they are hard to roboticize, and they resent being given orders. LSD and similar drugs have a way of letting one see right through people's lies and nonsense, as well as creating a deep sense of inner freedom. Shortly after I started using LSD over 25 years ago, I developed a severe aversion to authority figures, and to this day, if someone commands me to do something, I immediately do the opposite just to spite them. And when I'm in a person's physical presence, I can "sense" their true motives despite any outward behaviors.

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
I don't know but my guess was that, since lsd is noted for, among other things, its propensity for producing flashbacks long after it has been ingested, hubbard simply sought to minimize the risk of any liabilities (legal or otherwise) that might result from his having lsd takers among his private staff (i.e. SO). Although it has evolved over the years, the SO was set up to be hubbard's personal work force. By eliminating lsd takers from any prospect of a position of responsibility he could greatly reduce the potential for unpredictable irrational behaviors, at least from anyone other than himself. He had enough to worry about with himself running amok.

Mark A. Baker

Interesting... $cientology produces flashbacks also...

but only in long time and heavily traumatized members. which is also like LSD... which I have observed only produces flashbacks in extremely heavy users...

Lesolee (Sith Lord)

Patron Meritorious
Shortly after I started using LSD over 25 years ago, I developed a severe aversion to authority figures, and to this day, if someone commands me to do something, I immediately do the opposite just to spite them.

Clearly that would be of no use in the Sea Org,

but it also sounds as though you wouldn't make much of an employee for a business either.

Probably best to stay clear of mentioning that in any job interviews. :coolwink:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Clearly that would be of no use in the Sea Org,

but it also sounds as though you wouldn't make much of an employee for a business either.

Probably best to stay clear of mentioning that in any job interviews. :coolwink:

But what happens when they give you the post-hiring meter check?

(jk)

Paul

Lesolee (Sith Lord)

Patron Meritorious
But what happens when they give you the post-hiring meter check?

(jk)

• I'm not sessionable, I didn't get enough sleep last night.
  • I take aspirin regularly as a prophylactic as recommened by the doctors.
  • I had quite a lot of alcohol last night.
  • My religious beliefs forbid me using the devil's electronic devices.
  • I am an SP and you shouldn't be talking to me.
  • I am a much higher Classed auditor than you so per auditor assignment policy you can't put me on a meter.
  • My OT case is too high for you. I woudl be dangerous for you to have me on a meter.
  • I am in the middle of Power Processing. I can't talk about my case.
  • I am unflat on my OTVII and you could get infected by a pissed-off BT

That will stall them a while to get through your probationary period :happydance:

Last edited:

cleared cannibal

Silver Meritorious Patron
From my experience, yes, they are hard to roboticize, and they resent being given orders. LSD and similar drugs have a way of letting one see right through people's lies and nonsense, as well as creating a deep sense of inner freedom. Shortly after I started using LSD over 25 years ago, I developed a severe aversion to authority figures, and to this day, if someone commands me to do something, I immediately do the opposite just to spite them. And when I'm in a person's physical presence, I can "sense" their true motives despite any outward behaviors.

I've never used LSD but I feel scientology has made me feel much like this. I can usually control it but it is there much more so than before scio. God help a salesman who tries to hard sell me.

DeeAnna

Patron Meritorious
While researching lysergic acid derivatives, [Albert] Hofmann first synthesized LSD on November 16, 1938.[SUP][8][/SUP] ......... It was set aside for five years, until April 16, 1943, when Hofmann decided to reexamine it. While re-synthesizing LSD, he accidentally absorbed a small quantity through his fingertips[SUP][9][/SUP] and fortuitously discovered its powerful effects. He described what he felt as being:
... affected by a remarkable restlessness, combined with a slight dizziness. At home I lay down and sank into a not unpleasant intoxicated[-]like condition, characterized by an extremely stimulated imagination. In a dreamlike state, with eyes closed (I found the daylight to be unpleasantly glaring), I perceived an uninterrupted stream of fantastic pictures, extraordinary shapes with intense, kaleidoscopic play of colors. After some two hours this condition faded away.[SUP][10][/SUP]
Three days later, on April 19, 1943, Hofmann intentionally ingested 250 micrograms of LSD. This day is now known as "Bicycle Day," because after starting to feel the effects of the drug he rode home on a bike, and that became the first intentional acid trip.[SUP][11]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Hofmann

No big problems with it for me or any of my friends. I never felt a desire to fly nor did I ever have any flashbacks. Did anyone here ever experience any?

My last consumption of anything illegal was more than 25 years ago and even that was just a few tokes on a joint. My dear late husband was an almost daily imbiber up to the end of his life. It did seem to help him somewhat throughout the chemo.
------------------------
Almost forgot: The town where a whole bunch of people started tripping was in France. It was farmers who were exposed to grain that had transformed chemically - the grain had gotten moldy, if I recall. Nobody knew what the heck was going on at first.

Here's an article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ergotism

[/SUP]

gbuck

oxymoron
While researching lysergic acid derivatives, [Albert] Hofmann first synthesized LSD on November 16, 1938.[SUP][8][/SUP] ......... It was set aside for five years, until April 16, 1943, when Hofmann decided to reexamine it. While re-synthesizing LSD, he accidentally absorbed a small quantity through his fingertips[SUP][9][/SUP] and fortuitously discovered its powerful effects. He described what he felt as being:
... affected by a remarkable restlessness, combined with a slight dizziness. At home I lay down and sank into a not unpleasant intoxicated[-]like condition, characterized by an extremely stimulated imagination. In a dreamlike state, with eyes closed (I found the daylight to be unpleasantly glaring), I perceived an uninterrupted stream of fantastic pictures, extraordinary shapes with intense, kaleidoscopic play of colors. After some two hours this condition faded away.[SUP][10][/SUP]
Three days later, on April 19, 1943, Hofmann intentionally ingested 250 micrograms of LSD. This day is now known as "Bicycle Day," because after starting to feel the effects of the drug he rode home on a bike, and that became the first intentional acid trip.[SUP][11]

No big problems with it for me or any of my friends. I never felt a desire to fly nor did I ever have any flashbacks. Did anyone here ever experience any?

My last consumption of anything illegal was more than 25 years ago and even that was just a few tokes on a joint. My dear late husband was an almost daily imbiber up to the end of his life. It did seem to help him somewhat throughout the chemo.
------------------------
Almost forgot: The town where a whole bunch of people started tripping was in France. It was farmers who were exposed to grain that had transformed chemically - the grain had gotten moldy, if I recall. Nobody knew what the heck was going on at first.

[/SUP]

I never got flashbacks due to lsd at all but only took it a couple of times I did get flashbacks however of other stuff during the purif. Speedy flashbacks but I tried amphetamines [methadone]only once.

According to my misunderstanding of an earlier post the hallucinogenic in question was produced in the bollock bag of a particular ergot. Jolly Farmers eh!

------------------------

[/SUP]

thanx for the history!

i was a bit puzzled by hubbard saying lsd was a psychiatric drug and it was designed for etc. etc. knowing as i did then the story of it's discovery and as well that the shrinks had, as is proper to their hat, done research on it and had abandoned it for therapy. but our government was also doing research employing shrinks and others and that the hippie thing was what it was but it was also being manipulated both by our gummint and the soviets as well...

with hubbard you have to wade through loads of garbage. as you all know i consider the effort worthwhile. CoS insists you eat the chaff with the wheat and the dominate (and domineering) position on esmb is that it's all chaff. but as a crisschin i find if you munch up the wheaties you can go on to some quaker "OTs"...

F.Bullbait

Oh, a wise guy,eh?
with hubbard you have to wade through loads of garbage. as you all know i consider the effort worthwhile. CoS insists you eat the chaff with the wheat and the dominate (and domineering) position on esmb is that it's all chaff. but as a crisschin i find if you munch up the wheaties you can go on to some quaker "OTs"...

I see a new marketing campaign on the horizon. Now with more fiber! :thumbsup:

Gib

Crusader
I never got flashbacks due to lsd at all but only took it a couple of times I did get flashbacks however of other stuff during the purif. Speedy flashbacks but I tried amphetamines [methadone]only once.

According to my misunderstanding of an earlier post the hallucinogenic in question was produced in the bollock bag of a particular ergot. Jolly Farmers eh!

Every time I post here, I get flashbacks of my staff tenure, especially when the SO Troopers came marching in, talk about demons of the mind :omg:, there they were, in living color, blue that is, and pink skins.