What's new

Why I am glad Scientology doesn't work.

Gib

Crusader
That is because he intentionally inserted various "good ideas" and "truths" into the subject to act as lures and bait.

Today while driving around town doing some errands, I was thinking about "ideas" and specifically when you stated "scientology is an idea". I can't remember where you said that, but also on posts in the tread Evil vs. Good, http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?31569-How-to-Instantly-Tell-Who-s-Evil-versus-Good

you keep mentioning "ideas".

So today while thinking about it I had the "oh, I get it" moment. For whatever reason your constant mentioning of the "idea" went over my head, or should I say under my head.

For some reason, the simplicity of what you are saying came thru today. Hubbard sold us on the idea of a reactive mind, secondaries, locks and then the state of "clear". And then he went further and sold us on the idea of the "state of OT". They really are "ideas". They are just words on a piece of paper or audio tape. :duh:

And he sold us well, lots and lots of words mixed in with so many other truths, one just kind of gets swept up in it all.

And it gets made real by having real buildings. That's why DM keeps regging for dono's to buy buildings, he's keeping it real.

Anyways, just wanted to say thanks. And I suppose one could tell a person still in, "look, you were sold on an idea, so was I".

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
Again, I think what is really hard is that it does seem to work, and yes there were things that happened that were amazing miracles, but every 700 Club episode will share similar stories. Every belief and every religion can show somebody talking about amazing changes. When you're in it, it's hard.

When I audited folks, I saw some amazing things. I had pc's who broke down in tears, thanking me for saving their life. So, I thought I was the only one that fucked up.

Then I started reading pc folders. I had to do a quick session on someone who was messed up or perhaps red-tagged and didn't have the time for a full folder study. Conscientious as I was... I did follow through later, and she was chasing down the same fucking chains she'd run a bunch of times. I started seeing pc's get off the same whole-track overts, over and over again. All of them felt relief... all of them were 'blown out'.

It wasn't adding up, and I wasn't ready to crack the cognitive dissonance, but something wasn't right. Funny that LRH said "look, don't listen", but I started seeing stuff in folders (and I looked at old folders on file to see if was a new thing)... and I met so many people that got such 'tremendous case gain', but they really weren't that much different than when they started in Scio.

Every damn thing that spoke to non-workability was a mis-direction. It was either out-tech or out-ethics or PTSness. One never truly got to evaluate the tech itself. It took me a whole bunch of years to admit I was wrong and the tech didn't work. I think if it did work, and that if it was just mis-application or SPs, it'd have been a lot easier to swallow. I'd really like to take back the endless hours I used to spend listening to tapes.... or reading HCOBs and PLs for hours on end.

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yes, I agree!

Hubbard failed. Does it mean that the mind is forever unconquerable?

Better techniques exist out here. However, they're not promising Clear or OT states, thankfully.

Gib

Crusader
Again, I think what is really hard is that it does seem to work, and yes there were things that happened that were amazing miracles, but every 700 Club episode will share similar stories. Every belief and every religion can show somebody talking about amazing changes. When you're in it, it's hard.

When I audited folks, I saw some amazing things. I had pc's who broke down in tears, thanking me for saving their life. So, I thought I was the only one that fucked up.

Then I started reading pc folders. I had to do a quick session on someone who was messed up or perhaps red-tagged and didn't have the time for a full folder study. Conscientious as I was... I did follow through later, and she was chasing down the same fucking chains she'd run a bunch of times. I started seeing pc's get off the same whole-track overts, over and over again. All of them felt relief... all of them were 'blown out'.

It wasn't adding up, and I wasn't ready to crack the cognitive dissonance, but something wasn't right. Funny that LRH said "look, don't listen", but I started seeing stuff in folders (and I looked at old folders on file to see if was a new thing)... and I met so many people that got such 'tremendous case gain', but they really weren't that much different than when they started in Scio.

Every damn thing that spoke to non-workability was a mis-direction. It was either out-tech or out-ethics or PTSness. One never truly got to evaluate the tech itself. It took me a whole bunch of years to admit I was wrong and the tech didn't work. I think if it did work, and that if it was just mis-application or SPs, it'd have been a lot easier to swallow. I'd really like to take back the endless hours I used to spend listening to tapes.... or reading HCOBs and PLs for hours on end.

I kept getting off the same withhold for many sessions. Finally the c/s had the auditor ask me "who said that wasn't acceptable? Or something like that. I don't remember what I replied with, but after the session, the withhold never came up again. this was pre GAT.

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
I kept getting off the same withhold for many sessions. Finally the c/s had the auditor ask me "who said that wasn't acceptable? Or something like that. I don't remember what I replied with, but after the session, the withhold never came up again. this was pre GAT.

Yeah, that did sometimes work, but !@$# if I didn't see things start coming up again even after that was said. It just wasn't withholds, it was chains of ARC breaks, and whatfuckingever... pc's originating that stuff had as-ised and was finally handled, and yet... damn, same shite came up again.

Sorry, I get caught up because it frustrated the fuck out of me, and I would spend some of my rare time I had away trying to track down the "out-tech", and it just didn't add up.

Ok, done ranting... for now anyhow:p