What's new

Why I Support Marty by Mark Bunker

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
I know what aborning means.

And it appears that your face is pressed against the glass watching the birth process closely.

Does this nascent movement have any leaders?

Watching as closely as you are, let us in on the details as soon as you become aware of them.

Thanks.
Why do you have to take such an offensive stance in response to what is, on my part, a simple comment about what I think about some of the reactions to Bunker's post? Why so personal?

Leafy

Patron
I said I felt at home here at this blog. Part of the reason is
that I set this blog up for Marty. I did it because I wanted to
hear what he had to say. He had a webpage up that was hard to read
and I’m sure was hard for him to update. I took a couple hours one
Sunday afternoon just taking the information he had published and
putting it into this blog format. I sent him the link and told him
I’d be happy to walk him through using the site if he wanted to do
so. We had never talked or met and I wasn’t sure he would welcome
my intrusion but he liked the idea so for a couple weeks I answered
his questions and cleaned up the formatting on posts he made, then
the training wheels were off and he was up and running on his own.
Since then he has dwarfed my site’s readership and changed
Scientology’s landscape, and I learn new things almost every day.

So much love for Mark Bunker! Never met him, don't have to.

Difficult to not love someone who consistently, and persistently, operates under a cosmic view and considers all human beings from all sides in his communication.

:heartbeat:

freet43

Patron with Honors
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiO7zt83s0c&feature=related

This KR by James Randi on loaded language - is a complete waste of time and should not be in Marks otherwise fine KR film. The reason is the point he is making, that Hubbard is using a specialized language is a sign of a cult is completely off the mark.

Here - read this - it sounds just like cult speak.

"More ways to skin a cat. I gave you a simple one for these circumstances.
For instance:
1) You could use a section plane > Create Group from Slice > explode this group in proper geometrical context.
2) SU8-pro has extra 'Solid' tools to perform [Outer Shell / Intersect / Union / ISubtract / Trim / and Split] operations on two solid groups or components.
3) There are plugins that may help (boolean plugin)."

It is from an online help forum on a 3D drawing program called Sketchup. I guess you could call Sketchup users a cult, but any field of study has it's own language.

So Mark, please cut this guy out - it lessens your argument.

Mimsey

Agreed. Just listen to a group of scientists/researchers talk, or any professional for that matter. Professional groups have their own language that others won't understand.

Marina

Veda

Sponsor
Agreed. Just listen to a group of scientists/researchers talk, or any professional for that matter. Professional groups have their own language that others won't understand.

Marina

It's so theta to finally see an in-ethics Scientologist, who's not PTS to the middle-class or the middle-class mentality, speaking out about the entheta that the SPs are feeding to the wogs and to the ARC broken field, the blown freeloaders, the DBs, and the squirrels.

My TA is floating! The tech works!!! VVVGIs!!!!!!

Django

Patron
Does what Marty thinks matter so much?

Yeah. Like it or not, Marty's the best chance of bringing down Corporate Scientology right now.

Those of us on the Moralfag side of things are always saying "We don't care what they believe in, we care about the abuses". Well, Marty is Scientology without the abuses. David Miscavige is absolutely blind in fear of this guy, because word is getting around to the dupes that they can practice their religion without living in constant fear and being regged to death every hour.

There's going to be a Scientology after Scientology. It's going to be run by someone who was on the inside of the old structure, someone with some questionable behavior to answer for. Who'd you prefer? Marty, who's publicly and repeatedly voiced his disdain for the RPF, Disconnection, et.al.? Or someone like Moxon.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Mark's film looks like it will be useful. I understand he needs funding to get around the world and interview people, since doing it over Skype on the cheap with crappy lighting and sound isn't too professional. But does anyone know why he is using IndieGoGo for keeping track of his funding?

Look at their fees: http://www.indiegogo.com/about/pricing:

Free
It's free to sign up, to create a campaign, and to contribute to a campaign.

4% IndieGoGo Fee
When your campaign raises money, IndieGoGo charges a 4% fee. (You are only charged on the money you raise, and the fee is 9% of the money you raise if you do not meet your funding goal.)

3% Third-Party Fee
Third party payment processors charge an additional fee of about 3%. A one-time wire fee of $25 for non-U.S. campaigns also applies for campaigns who collect funds via credit card. Currency exchange fees may also apply for non-U.S. campaigns.

Note that the "4% IndieGoGo Fee" is really a 9% IndieGoGo fee, except in the (presumably rare) case where you meet your funding goal within the assigned time frame.

That must be one of the crappiest ways imaginable to do it. It looks kinda pretty, but costs of 12% or more per donation seem excessive to me.

Paul

Captain Koolaid

Patron Meritorious
Yeah. Like it or not, Marty's the best chance of bringing down Corporate Scientology right now.

Those of us on the Moralfag side of things are always saying "We don't care what they believe in, we care about the abuses". Well, Marty is Scientology without the abuses. David Miscavige is absolutely blind in fear of this guy, because word is getting around to the dupes that they can practice their religion without living in constant fear and being regged to death every hour.

There's going to be a Scientology after Scientology. It's going to be run by someone who was on the inside of the old structure, someone with some questionable behavior to answer for. Who'd you prefer? Marty, who's publicly and repeatedly voiced his disdain for the RPF, Disconnection, et.al.? Or someone like Moxon.

Rathbun used to be in a position of power, and he did all the repulsive things Miscavige asked him to do. Now he's apparently reformed, yet he doesn't realise (or refuses to realise) that Miscavige is mainly enforcing Hubbard policies. Miscavige is a product of Hubbardian Scientology, and Rathbun fails or refuses to see this. As soon as the man is in a position of power once again, he will enforce KSW #1, so what's the difference?

There is hope that this cult will come to shuddering halt in the near future, and that's the moment where it will be defenceless before some slick wannabe messiah takes the reigns. The press should start a feeding frenzy and exes should sue, draining every dollar and equity from this evil cesspool. In an ideal world this is how it would play out. Let's see what happens.

EDIT: And if you think there's a difference between Scientology and Corporate Scientology, you should stop drinking the kool aid. Make money. Make more money. Make other people produce to make more money. Guess who came up with this motto?

Mystic

Crusader
Why yes. Marty needs all the support he can get. After all he is the

COTB

Clam on the Beach

and!

Chairman of the Boohoos

Leading the Boohoos on up a little higher.

Smilla

Ordinary Human

^^^Not this^^^

Smilla

Ordinary Human
Rathbun used to be in a position of power, and he did all the repulsive things Miscavige asked him to do. Now he's apparently reformed, yet he doesn't realise (or refuses to realise) that Miscavige is mainly enforcing Hubbard policies. Miscavige is a product of Hubbardian Scientology, and Rathbun fails or refuses to see this. As soon as the man is in a position of power once again, he will enforce KSW #1, so what's the difference?

There is hope that this cult will come to shuddering halt in the near future, and that's the moment where it will be defenceless before some slick wannabe messiah takes the reigns. The press should start a feeding frenzy and exes should sue, draining every dollar and equity from this evil cesspool. In an ideal world this is how it would play out. Let's see what happens.

EDIT: And if you think there's a difference between Scientology and Corporate Scientology, you should stop drinking the kool aid. Make money. Make more money. Make other people produce to make more money. Guess who came up with this motto?

^^^This^^^

Student of Trinity

Silver Meritorious Patron
Somehow from what I've seen of Marty's blog and comments, I get the impression that his followers are all long-term Scientologists. I bet their average age is relatively high. Maybe that's nonsense, since it's certainly not based on any solid information. But an awful lot of his people are cheering about bringing back the good old days, and apparently the days they mean were several decades ago.

My point is, if Rathbun isn't bringing in new Scientologists, then he can't be doing all that much harm. The people following him are people who probably wouldn't be leaving Scientology completely no matter what, at least not for a while.

The only harm I can see him doing in this case is maybe letting somebody who has given their life to Scientology hang onto the dream for a few more years. If it were me or a loved one of mine, I'd rather they woke up fully before they died, no matter what the pain. So I'd rather they or I did not take Marty's soft landing. But everyone has to live their own life. These people are adults; they can make their own choices. Heaven knows I might do no better if I were in their shoes.

This means I don't think Rathbun's going to be able to make himself the new DM/LRH, even if he wants to, even if he tries to. He's too old, his followers are too old, and Scientology itself is too old.

Where is the DM of this generation, the twenty-year-old Sea Org officer with the dedicated glare and telegenic presence? I don't think he exists, or he'd already be well known. In fact, I don't see anything like the crew of talented and enthusiastic young people that all you ex-Scientologists were, back in the day. I see a middle-aged movement slipping into old age, and I see no generation following after DM and Rathbun. I think they're the cast of the last reel.

In which case, there's no point worrying about what a monster Rathbun will become when he gets the chance. He's not going to get the chance. Those days have passed. Maybe Rathbun is Scientology's Hess. Hess lived a long life of futile delusion, and did little harm.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
One of the biggest problems with some scientologists is that they're too lazy/driven/distracted/stupid to bother with the Handle option.

Marty Rathbun is Scientology's Rudolf Hess.

Yeah, I think if we have to put up with the comparisons of scientology with Christianity, Protestants etc, as a legitamizing gambit, let's try a few of our own.
How about Marty and Rinder's group are the Neo Nazi's of Scientology?

Marty Rathbun is Scientology's Rudolf Hess.

Rudolf Hess wasn't a noob, he actually met Hitler. Marty is more like this guy

25288060.jpg

Veda

Sponsor
One of the biggest problems with some scientologists is that they're too lazy/driven/distracted/stupid to bother with the Handle option.

Well, Marty's making up for that. In his role as the good Scientologist being attacked by the evil Scientologist (Misvcavige), despite his occasional angry outbursts, he's handling wogs, DBs, SPs, natterers, bashers, haters, bigots, by-passed charge cases, and failed Scientologists as never before.

Does anyone remember the first 'Can We Ever Be Friends' tape? (it was a tape then). It's less well known than the second one. Both were awful, but I recall how the first one started: It began with an attempt to relax the listener, running a simple process on the listener to place the listener in a c_a_l_m state, where one might imagine he or she might have a floating needle.

Then, after the person's RUDs were - in a sense - IN, and the person was comfortably - one might say - IN session, the Scientology propaganda started.

The envisioned end result was a "handled wog."

The wog may not have become a Scientologist, but he no longer opposes Scientology and will not natter about Scientology.

In Marty's case, the envisioned end result is a handled wog (or ex) who will only oppose or natter about "Miscavology," but not about Hubbardology.

Miscavige is the new scapegoat.

We are the wogs (or ex's) being handled.

And, distracted by - almost entranced by - the good Scientologist vs the bad Scientologist show, we are to become like the agreeable drunk:

"He's (hic!) allllllllllllright. You're (hic!) a swellll guy. It's really not im (hic!) portant... annnnyway (Hic!)."

But back to the main topic: I'm still confident that Mark Bunker is too beard and too wise to fall for this "handling."

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
It's actually a joke Tory. The original creator of the Venn diagram was absolutely certain that I had sold out to Marty & Mike and that ESMB was being "taken over". That diagram was his "visual guide" to the conspiracy.

Now with Mark Bunker's post regarding Marty, my bet is that the "suspicion" has shifted to Mark Bunker & his close friends (i.e you). In fact it's more than a suspicion. :biggrin:
From me: :biggrin:

You may not have been around when all the shit went down so missed the first showing of the famous Venn diagram.

Yeah.....one of the Skillions of posts I've missed, over
the years! :thumbsup:

Tory/Magoo