What's new

Why Scientology cannot cognite.

Veda

Sponsor

So well observed, Veda!

But, a most cleverly hidden mental illness, not readily diagnosed because of it's ingeniously camouflaged appearance as the very apotheosis of happiness & success.

The Scientology mind-set software includes all the iconic trappings of the idealized and well balanced life, much as it appears in any copy of Source magazine. Hokey, hokey, hokey pictures of forced smiles, hyper-winning, overjoyed OT's on the move. Uncomfortably exhilarating success stories told to fresh-scrubbed Sea Org members poorly acting out their role as the elegant elite guardians of a bridge to total freedom.

This is what people think is the OPPOSITE of mental illness; including the Scientologists. So no one starts looking for anything wrong when the True Believer is literally FLOODING everyone around them (including themselves) with their "symbols of success".

But, it does become painfully obvious that the Scientologist is delusional when it's all falling apart around them and they are still reciting a mad litany of wins, highest-evers and unprecedented victories over their enemies. That only reaffirms that the "TECH" is actually the Modern Science of Mental Illness.

"I have high hopes of smashing my name into history so violently that it will take a legendary form even if all the books are destroyed. That goal is the real goal as far as I am concerned. Things which stand too consistently in my way make me nervous. It's a pretty big job. In a hundred years Roosevelt will have been forgotten - which gives some idea of the magnitude of my attempt. And all this boils and froths inside my head." L. Ron Hubbard, 1938.

Hubbard "smashed" his "name" not only "into history," but into the minds of those who identify him and his words with their "survival" and well being. However, Hubbard was sneaky. Although he likened himself to Napoleon in this same 1938 statement ("I can make Napoleon look like a punk"), a chest pounding sentiment which was echoed thirty years later in his 1969 statement to Scientologists that, "He could make make Captain Bligh look like a Sunday School teacher," his primary approach was covert and manipulative. And when challenged, he would not stand and fight, but would run away, leaving others, whom he had deceived, to fight for him.

Hubbard created an organization which, for decades, did his "smashing" on his behalf, with him somewhere in the mysterious background controlling the toll booths to a blissful "OT" eternity (so they believed), and - now - that organization exists in its many buildings, and vaults of steel and titanium plates, each plate with his name carved upon it. Just as he had written in the same statement of 1938, "Living is a pretty grim joke, but a joke just the same. The entire function of man is to survive. Not for 'what' [some noble ideal or principle] but just to [with amoral expediency] survive... I turned the thing up [in the unpublished manuscript 'Excalibur'], so it's up to me to survive in a big way. Personal immortality is only to be gained through the printed word, barred note or painted canvas or hard granite." [Or cement, steel, and titanium.]

Those who believe Hubbard's publicly displayed "goals," and are oblivious to his corrupting underlying "real goal," are perplexed by the emphasis on monument building in Scientology. Yet it was central to the grand plan of its founder.

However, it wasn't simply monuments in "hard granite" that Hubbard wanted built, but monuments between the ears of his followers. Monuments that would "survive" even if "all the books," or the organization, were "destroyed."

Hubbard seems to have succeeded in erecting his monuments in both the outer and inner world. And, as to the advertised humanitarian and spiritual "goals," they seem to be floundering, like a cheap cardboard sign in the wind.

In the 1950s, Hubbard seems to have enjoyed dabbling in practical psychology and philosophy. He seems to have enjoyed lecturing to his followers. He enjoyed the ideas, the game, the applause, yet that "real goal" was always in the background, and ultimately, it became his sole preoccupation, as he spent the last years of his life concerned with money IN, and with establishing legal trusts that would ensure his monuments, his buildings, his vaults, his museums, and his trust-fund-maintained fan clubs, would "survive" indefinitely.

Yet the ultimate insurance was the impression (the imprint, the implant) that he would leave in the minds of others.

What I have observed recently, is that no matter what happens to the organization, the "imprint" that the organization left on behalf of its founder, and in "his image," will endure for some time.

If Scientology really wasn't about spirituality (in any sane sense), or about helping others (with no ulterior motive), but about something else, something amoral, neurotic and egotistical, has it not succeeded?

Granted, succeeded in a messy fashion, as "smashing" does leave rubble and broken pieces (and people) in its wake, but "succeeded" nonetheless. Was not the "real goal" attained"?

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=54605&postcount=2

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
RCS (Repetitive Cog Syndrome)

An ancient Scientology poster you may have seen long ago read:ABANDON YOUR DIFFICULT SEARCH. THE ANSWERS HAVE BEEN FOUND!

1951. Someone looking for a solution to their troubled mind "found" L. Ron Hubbard & Dianetics and for whatever reason decided: "Wow! I found just what I need. I'll do whatever he says to do!"

1986.Then Ron left, but their troubled mind did not. Without LRH as the solution to their troubled mind they "found" David Miscavige and for whatever reason decided: "Wow! I found just what I need. I'll do whatever he says to do!"

2009. But their troubled mind still did not leave them. So they left David Miscavige. Without DM as the solution to their troubled mind they "found" Marty Rathbun and for whatever reason decided: "Wow! I found just what I need. I'll do whatever he says to do!"

Gee, I wonder if there is a pattern developing here?

Last edited: