What's new

Why Scientology IS the way that it IS.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Sometimes things can get over-complicated by over-thinking them.

While walking past an Ideal Org recently, something grabbed and demanded me to look at it.

The slickness of it all.

Shined, buffed and polished to a blinding sheen it was--not just the building but the presentation of the subject down to the slick flat-screen video enlightenment units, glossy posters and bookcovers.

And the ever-present salvation messages, blaring out from everywhere deafeningly certain proclamations of "HAPPINESS" and "FREEDOM".

Except inside the cult it is not happy and it is not free. They don't have any such product to sell or it would certainly be in evidence on the practitioners, customers and staff. Much like visiting an dentist who advertises that he can give you a perfect smile but when he greets you, his mouth is a tragic conglomorate of rotted, discolored, jagged and missing teeth. It's pretty simple to decide at that point--no sale!

But back to the state of Scientology, the mean little money cult of terror-filled vengeance if you don't do exactly what you are told. And fronting this grim assemblage of fraud, deception and lies is the SLICKNESS.

Always the slickness.

The glow-smile registrar. The gleaming wins at graduation for people claiming Clear and OT. The fantastic tales of a new civilization. The wink-wink, all-knowing OT's who say they have it all. And the glorious staff and Sea Org who parade about triumphantly when their personal lives quite obviously lie in ruins. And the founder and chief commanders behind this dark charade have forever been screamers of endless vulgarities and threats which were carried out vengefully to victims populating six decades.

But the slickness became slicker and slicker. As if by genetic mutation it found ever-more slippery methodologies to avoid being grasped.

And now, at long last:

HOW DID SCIENTOLOGY GET THIS WAY?

The Indies would have it that a solitary bad guy (COB) did it all.

Before the Free Zone Scientology had the story that a solitary bad guy (MAYO) did it all.

And earlier still, Ron told the story of a solitary very bad guy (Xenu) that did it all.

And countless other bad guys, the "Psychs" often topping the list as a perennial favorite.

The answer seems simple.

Whatever grew is what was planted.

The seed grew into what it was supposed to be.

You don't plant a tomato seed only to discover that a giant redwood has grown instead.

And, conversely

You don't plant roses and end up with the dreaded vampire weed, Kudzu, that spreads, uncontrolled, like wildfire and strangles every environment in it's path like lava from a volcano.

Kind of like Scientology, that slick Kudzu.

But if that's what Scientology is (Kudzu) then Ron planted a Kudzu seed.

Because what grew is Kudzu!

I am no longer looking for any other reasons as to why Scientology became what it is today. The answer seems far too simple and obvious.

http://maxshores.com/kudzu/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kudzu

Last edited:

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
I find some differences. Firstly, Scientology is not kudzu. Sure, it's unpleasant and aggressive, but it's not viable in the long term. It ceased expansion quite a few years ago, and is now dying back quite satisfactorily.

Secondly, "buffed and polished to a blinding sheen"? Wow. All the orgs I've been to in the last few years have looked distinctly down at heel. Particularly if you examine anything above street level, like the windows of the rooms above, or towards the rear of the shop.

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
I agree however with Helluva's basic point.

It sells Happiness and Freedom.

The actual product is some momentary Happiness and short-lasting freedom for a relatively small percentage of people who try it. A percentage who accept the suggestions implanted in the subject.

The majority of people who try it for a while don't recieve what was sold to them or the negative side outweighs the positive side, so they leave. This has always been the vast majority - just look through any CF files to see the huge numbers who are inactive and the even huger number who never were active.

Those that hang around either never get the sold product but keep on being conned and keep on hoping, or they keep going because of the momentary happiness and freedom that they experienced.

Of these, those on staff recieve unhappiness (largely) and control, not the promised products. Those who stay public, or escape from staff to become public are promised happiness and freedom, but mainly get frustrated ambition and restriction.

Heluva is right. Scientology doesn't deliver what it sells and that is why the Orgs are Idle! :yes: But the promise of Happiness and Freedom is a "go button" and so the cult rakes in the cash over the decades. Its buildings and its "parishoners" alike are a glossy sham, pretending Happiness and Freedom.

It was designed that way by "Material things are yours for the asking. Men are your slaves" L Ron Hubbard. Miscavige copied him well.

With the magic of the Interwebs and exes and Anons speaking out, Hubbard's con is finally exposed and the slick cult is withering from the inside.

HelluvaHoax!

I find some differences. Firstly, Scientology is not kudzu. Sure, it's unpleasant and aggressive, but it's not viable in the long term. It ceased expansion quite a few years ago, and is now dying back quite satisfactorily.

Secondly, "buffed and polished to a blinding sheen"? Wow. All the orgs I've been to in the last few years have looked distinctly down at heel. Particularly if you examine anything above street level, like the windows of the rooms above, or towards the rear of the shop.

The "buffed and polished..." was about the glossy boxed sets of DVDs and bookcovers, flashing colors on the flatscreens, flashy banners.....hardly the signs that a path to "operating thetan" have been discovered. Because---

If Ron coulda made an Clear or OT he woulda. And if he had made one (1) he would have celebrated that one (1) with documentary films and books and speeches and demonstrations. And Scientology would have had 'em lined up for miles even if the Scientology center was an old abandoned gas station with a cardboard sign. Nobody-but nobody- would care whether the books were cartoony-slick or if they were written on napkins and toilet paper.

Yeah Scientology ain't Kudzu. It's way worse. Kudzu only needs water not blood.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Scientology is never better than its worst Sea Org berthing; marble and gilt notwithstanding :)

Zinj

nozeno

Gold Meritorious Patron
The Way to Happiness

bad+teeth.jpg

one flew over the cuckoo's nest

I believe I am one of countless honest students of the subject Who made psychological advance and substantial ability who would could and should say quite emphatically "Scientology is the way it is because I'm not in it."

Zinjifar

I believe I am one of countless honest students of the subject Who made psychological advance and substantial ability who would could and should say quite emphatically "Scientology is the way it is because I'm not in it."

Because Scientology is the way it is (by design) you *can't* be in it.

Zinj

Mystic

Crusader
PR only. Make it "look" good. Like a mafia operation: looks good in front, will stab you in the back ASAP.

Hoopla. Polished hoopla. "Gee Mom, look at the shiny lies."

apple

Patron Meritorious
The glow-smile registrar. The gleaming wins at graduation for people claiming Clear and OT. The fantastic tales of a new civilization. The wink-wink, all-knowing OT's who say they have it all. And the glorious staff and Sea Org who parade about triumphantly when their personal lives are quite obviously have their personal lives lie in ruins. And the founder and chief commanders behind this dark charade have forever been screamers of endless vulgarities and threats which were carried out vengefully to victims populating six decades.

Good thread! I relate to that. It smells like cult from top to bottom.
Could sexuality be considered part of the slickness, the sexy come of the reges, the sexy female body routers.

HelluvaHoax!

Good thread! I relate to that. It smells like cult from top to bottom.
Could sexuality be considered part of the slickness, the sexy come of the reges, the sexy female body routers.

Interesting idea!

There are fascinating parallels between Scientology and sexual seduction.

Virtually every step of courting, flirting, teasing and foreplay come to mind.

Unfortunately, there is no orgasm at the end of the Bridge.

I hate it when Scientologists fake orgasm to make the people fucking them feel good.

this thread might have potential

As in how come it's the way it is instead of how it might be. Yeah, I'm incorrigible. It's been thirtysix years since I was active and brainwashing wears off. It's a live PT soul here affirming great value to Elron's work. In fact if my several pals and pc's from DC think back you might recall I was noticeably unbrainwashed when I was on staff. I never spouted The Party Line. Truth is I always understood and saw those hooks so many of you have to so painfully r
emove.

One very significant factor not yet noted is that while protestants and catholics are represented about equally in CoS the upper echelon is dominated by catholics and they are very seriously nixing practices with the RCC.

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
<snip> I hate it when Scientologists fake orgasm to make the people fucking them feel good.
Ah.. But didn't Hubbard say that the worst and most heinous overt would be to make another guilty of an overt? - So if they were to not fake an orgasm, the people fucking 'em would thereby be made quilty of an overt...

:duh:

HelluvaHoax!

Great Philosophers in History....

Ah.. But didn't Hubbard say that the worst and most heinous overt would be to make another guilty of an overt? - So if they were to not fake an orgasm, the people fucking 'em would thereby be made quilty of an overt...

I think I am cogniting, therefore....

Cogito ergo sum
Descartes-moncornet.jpg

I think, therefore I am.

Conito ergo sums
The_Shrinking_World_Of_L_Ron_Hubbard_19682.jpg

I con, therefore I make
large sums of money

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
All right.

This is the last straw.

I'm a Kudzu Farmer with acres of Kudzu for seasonal harvesting, and the finest Kudzu nursery in the Midwest. We ship Kudzu all over the world. There are people starving in Africa for Kudzu, and before it was taken over by the last petty tyrant who ruined everything, Kudzu was the most precious item Mankind could grow!

I will not have you comparing our precious Kudzu with Scientology!

HelluvaHoax!

All right.This is the last straw.I'm a Kudzu Farmer with acres of Kudzu for seasonal harvesting, and the finest Kudzu nursery in the Midwest. We ship Kudzu all over the world. There are people starving in Africa for Kudzu, and before it was taken over by the last petty tyrant who ruined everything, Kudzu was the most precious item Mankind could grow!I will not have you comparing our precious Kudzu with Scientology!

I respect you as a Kudzu Farmer and I am sure the roads are good and the weather is fine around your plantation.

However, in my area of the country, Kudzu has a reputation nearly as bad as Scientology mail promo.

Actually, the CoS has a new gimmick whereby they attach bulk mail promo to Kudzu and if you go on a short vacation, this is what you see when you return to your home. I sure hope you had nothing to do with this!

9-7-07_4834.jpg

clayton-house_3483.jpg

Elijay_4798.jpg

Zinjifar

Obviously, the 'Kudzu Problem' is purely one of marketing. If we can market kudzu salad to the vegans and vegetarians as 'natural' and 'organic' we can sell it as a money crop and probably get more per pound than steak.

Bingo; no kudzu problem.

Likewise, if people can be marketed to eat flies like peanuts, there will be no plague of flies.

Zinj