What's new

Why Tech Development Stopped

exthetan

Patron
There is something I have wanted to say for a while. To say it one needs to assume, for the point of discussion, that Scn works and that the tech is true so for those who don’t believe this I ask that you not shoot the messenger.

One of the fundamental tenets of Scn is that in the presence of continuous overts one will not make case gain. The history of Hubbard demonstrates that he continually committed overts. So according to his own doctrine he should not have achieved case gain through auditing. How then could it be possible that he was supposedly able to explore higher and higher levels of awareness and continue to climb the bridge?

The history of Scn research and development shows that along the way Hubbard was assisted by many competent Tech finders, Galusha, Roos, McMasters, Mayo to name just a few. These people, by and large, were able to keep their ethics “in” and were capable of case gain. They were able to achieve greater abilities for themselves and others and progressed the subject of Scn.

When Hubbard went into hiding in the early 80’s and lost nearly all his tech finders from 82 onwards, the development of the bridge petered out. Hubbard could make any case gain and push the envelope further and he had cut himself off from the people who could. This may be why the OT level research was never completed and written up.

Anyway FWIW this is my opinion.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Going a bit deeper, LRH was a con man, with a lot of charisma. He was good at attracting good people and getting them to devote their lives to serving him.

When his mind finally collapsed to the point where he withdrew into isolation, he lost the ability to draw good people in, and that is where Scientology entered its major decline.

Miss Ellie

Miss Ellie
His bullshit pump burned out. He was to dull/drugged to keep pumping it out. The folks around him were stunned with the real situation... then the power play became more cut throat. As the ranks closed around no one had time for new tech - they were trying to figure out what was going so terribly wrong and how to fix it with "old tech". But it was not fixable by the standards of the day. Ron was falling/failing and nothing was working as it should. As time went on and a certain person saw his chance to become the next "power" and leader he took it.

If only they had let it die with him....

Veda

Sponsor
There is something I have wanted to say for a while. To say it one needs to assume, for the point of discussion, that Scn works and that the tech is true so for those who don’t believe this I ask that you not shoot the messenger.

One of the fundamental tenets of Scn is that in the presence of continuous overts one will not make case gain. The history of Hubbard demonstrates that he continually committed overts. So according to his own doctrine he should not have achieved case gain through auditing. How then could it be possible that he was supposedly able to explore higher and higher levels of awareness and continue to climb the bridge?

The history of Scn research and development shows that along the way Hubbard was assisted by many competent Tech finders, Galusha, Roos, McMasters, Mayo to name just a few. These people, by and large, were able to keep their ethics “in” and were capable of case gain. They were able to achieve greater abilities for themselves and others and progressed the subject of Scn.

When Hubbard went into hiding in the early 80’s and lost nearly all his tech finders from 82 onwards, the development of the bridge petered out. Hubbard could make any case gain and push the envelope further and he had cut himself off from the people who could. This may be why the OT level research was never completed and written up.

This is speculation, but around the time (early 1970s) that Hubbard had health issues and had to curtail his drug use, his ("Bridge") tech "discoveries" stopped. He was no longer able to "rise above the bank."

Gib

Crusader

Why tech development stopped is because of 1965 KSW policy letter. All those people who you mentioned who helped to develop the tech were betrayed by Hubbard and declared PTS/SP or left on their own recognition realizing that the original Dianetics Research Foundation and even the original Saint Hill Course in the 1960's was Hubbard stealing ideas from those people you mention who helped to develop the tech. In reading the tread Pandora's box by Alan Walter, why that tread shows that the original St Hill Briefing course was sort of a Junto Club organized by Hubbard to expand human knowledge, and yet he Hubbard betrayed everybody involved.

And what about the tech? Isn't the tech supposed to produce a clear and then OT? That is the purpose of the religion of scientology, which is to produce as a religion and/or business a clear and then OT.

If we fast forward, even Hubbard admitted he failed and was not coming back at his final words to Steve.

Should we allow this false purpose of a religion to continue, or should those of of us given our god given rights to speak freely?

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
The lower Bridge contains self-improvement techniques, some of which can be helpful but nothing which can't be found elsewhere.

From Grade V (NED) upwards it is just a figment of Hubbard's deluded imagination so it is a waste of time.

Therefore, IMO, tech development stopped because the Bridge is a bridge to nowhere unless someone wants to follow Hubbard's journey into insanity.

guanoloco

As-Wased
Ron, far from being Source, was certainly a catalyst for tech development.

After he got interested in writing campy scifi decalogies about diddling and fiddling with catamites there was little time left over.

But, hey, what better way to while away the time when your wife sets in prison following your orders to whitewash your government files?

Last edited:

pineapple

Silver Meritorious Patron
The lower Bridge contains self-improvement techniques, some of which can be helpful but nothing which can't be found elsewhere.

From Grade V (NED) upwards it is just a figment of Hubbard's deluded imagination so it is a waste of time.

Therefore, IMO, tech development stopped because the Bridge is a bridge to nowhere unless someone wants to follow Hubbard's journey into insanity.

I agree with your comment. In the interest of accuracy, though: while a NED auditor is a Class V (they started calling 'em that shortly after I got out), Grade V is still Power, not NED.

This may seem like a nitpicking point, but I think it's important to keep these things straight.

JackStraw

Silver Meritorious Patron
Oh, comm'on. Tech development stopped because Ronnie stopped. And everyone knows, Ronnie is an "only one", THE "only one."

Remember KSW? It's Ronnie's way or the highway. (took me long enough, but I finally chose the highway.)

Jack

phenomanon

Canyon
There was some ED that came out in the 60's where Hisself said "OK you guys have got it all, now I am going South". By 'going South' I thought that meant undercutting, or "dumbing down" the tech so that it would be simple enuff for the Earthlings to grok it.