What's new

Why we fight-Another reason

number 6

Patron
I posted this on OCMB and Enturbulation as well. This critic I met with yesterday had a lot of suggestions for Anonymous, but I wanted to get some feedback from you guys too. I didn't know where to put this since not all of it relates to activism. Anyways, here goes:

I met with a major critic of Scientology today in San Francisco. This critic doesn't exactly want to be identified directly, so I'll just say this critic once went after the cult in court and won a lot of thin dimes after more than 20 years of litigation. Oh, and this critic runs a website which details the brainwashing techniques used by Scientology and other cults. I'll let you guys do the guessing, but don't say the critic's name out loud if you do guess.

Anyways, we had a long talk about how this long war goes well beyond just the abuses of this f***ing cult and protection of the internet. The critic has developed an outline of 4 generations of mind control. The 1st generation of mind control was utilized by small ancient cults like the hashish assassins of the middle ages, and the thuggee cult of India which was eventually destroyed by the British. These cults had cathartic initiation rituals where the victim would have this out of body experience and would then be bought back to life. Now if the victim wanted to feel the euphoric feeling again, they would have to do what the cult leader told them to do. Kill, and they would be given paradise. To some extent that is used by Islamic extremists today. 2nd generation mind control was developed by the Soviets and Communist China by taking 1st generation techniques and combining them with psychological discoveries. That's what they used on Korean War POWs.

L. Ron Hubbard basically took 1st and 2nd generation mind control (ancient cult initiation techniques and brainwashing done by the USSR and China) and combined it to make 3rd generation mind control. His victims were not captives like the POWs were, but somehow he still found a way to apply brainwashing techniques onto a big group of Scientologists. Well, nowadays Scientology is looking to develop 4th generation mind control.

Ever notice on certain websites, such as Enturbulation and YouTube, how there are ads for Scientology? Do you know why? Because Google ads detects certain keywords used often and tailors their ads for your interests. Other companies also use smart advertising because there is a place somewhere that stores all of your data in a warehouse. Every products you've bought, every book borrowed from the library, every movie rented at Blockbuster, every survey you have filled out, every damn thing! Pretty soon the technology will be developed enough so that every little detail about you is put into a huge computer database. Including your flaws, or what Scientology calls your ruin. A combination of this database, mass media and 3rd generation mind control can be used to screw up society. The Church of Scientology has perfected mind control to a tee, and there are entities that want to use those same techniques.

This critic said during the course of our meeting that the reason the Church of Scientology has been so resilient even in the face of certain destruction is because the US intelligence agencies are keeping it propped up. This is only an opinion, and the critic made sure to say that, but it makes sense. The Church of Scientology has something potent to offer. What government, corporation, or random individual would refuse. With 3rd generation techniques combined with mass media, they can control the world.

The critic has lots of hope for Anonymous and thinks the fight should go well beyond freedom of the internet. We are fighting for the freedom of thought. We know how much the Co$ loves money. What is to stop them from selling this "tech" to individuals and groups with lots of cash? If anyone gets their hands on this, then rationality is tossed out the window, and society as we know it is doomed.

What should we do? This critic already thinks Anonymous is doing a great job doing what we're doing. But in order to hasten the death of this cult, this critic thinks we should be more aggressive with linking Scientology celebrities with the abuses of the cult. Another suggestion this critic has is call the national talk show hosts including Oprah, and make them do a show on the victims of Scientology. If talk show hosts ignore requests, then every time they have a Scientology celebrity on the show, the victims of Scientology should attend that show and make the celebs see their faces. If these two things are done, then this will stick the fork into the remaining credibility of Scientology celebrities. Another thing this does is tar and feather Scientology. If public outrage is high enough, then the forces keeping the Co$ propped up will bail out on them, since the Co$ will be seen as a huge liability.

One last point and I'll stop talking: Anonymous should publicize the stories of David Miscavige abusing his staff members. The public should know about this first, and with that, public outrage will spur the federal government to raid Int Base and Flag Land. We should also let the angry underlings who have an axe against Miscavige sniff blood and try to bring him down by leaking info to the press and to the federal government. Already that is happening to some extent, but the more this happens, the better. If the organization is destroyed from inside out, then the Church of Scientology ends up declawed and without any teeth.

And now I'll step down.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
XXX's an OK guy and it's great that he finally won out, but, he also has a lurid imagination and some black-helicopter-ready theories.

There are a lot of things that Scientology Critics can do, and, one of the most important is *not* to fall for exaggeration and hyperbole.

Scientology is bad enough; it's weird enough; it's malicious enough.

What's necessary is to let Scientology show itself in public; not to discredit Scientology Criticism by crying 'wolf' in a crowded theater :)

Anonymous is doing good. More of the same is a very good idea. Especially the latest trend to 'flash raids' seems very valuable, although the big events are great.

And, if anybody knows how to 'make' talk shows or Oprah do Scn related shows... well, more power to you.

It's mostly about honest facts about Scientology. There's plenty of them.

Zinj

Last edited by a moderator:

uncle sam

Silver Meritorious Patron
a long ride to the endf

Mr. Zinjifar-again as clearly and simply as possible makes a valid case for maintaining a steady march forward-straight to the goal with no wild swings to the side.

number 6

Patron
I said don't say his name out loud. It was his wishes.

I don't blame him for the lurid imagination. It comes with being severely mindf***ed for so many years I suppose. But he said it was only an opinion. And an opinion not entirely without merit, IMHO. Why has this cult lasted for so long?

Anyways, he's stepping out of the anti-Scientology scene and I guess he wanted to pass on some 'sage' advice to Anonymous before he went. I obliged and let him go on. I'll just pick out the good advice, and leave out the bad. I think the 4 generations of mind control model does have some merit. But I'll definitely NOT bring in conspiracy theories into the picture.

Much of the advice he gave is what Anonymous is already doing. Nothing new. But I let him talk on. It was still great to meet him.

Last edited:

Moonchild

Patron with Honors
I posted this on OCMB and Enturbulation as well. This critic I met with yesterday had a lot of suggestions for Anonymous, but I wanted to get some feedback from you guys too. I didn't know where to put this since not all of it relates to activism. Anyways, here goes:

This critic said during the course of our meeting that the reason the Church of Scientology has been so resilient even in the face of certain destruction is because the US intelligence agencies are keeping it propped up. This is only an opinion, and the critic made sure to say that, but it makes sense. The Church of Scientology has something potent to offer. What government, corporation, or random individual would refuse. With 3rd generation techniques combined with mass media, they can control the world.

(You are not a number, you are a free man.)

Yes, and frankly, it scares the holy crap out of me.

Was it in Dec. 1993 that the CoS was granted "religious status" in the US? And all those IRS probs went away. Many jaws (including mine) dropped at that.

Never mind opinion, look at the facts. The abuses of the CoS are well-documented, but still they survive?

And by contrast, here in Europe the church is not so well thought-of.

Maybe they haven't got their fingers into our pie quite so well as in the USA?

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
number 6 said:
This critic said during the course of our meeting that the reason the Church of Scientology has been so resilient even in the face of certain destruction is because the US intelligence agencies are keeping it propped up. This is only an opinion, and the critic made sure to say that, but it makes sense.

This could just be true, however, so could a piece I once read in "International Viewpoints" which likened the current management of the CofS to the "Red Orchestra" in Nazi Germany.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Orchestra_(spy)

The article basically claimed that the management are actually working against the professed goals of clearing the planet etc.; they're trying to stop Scientology from making the impact it deserves in society without making it look as though they're doing so.

Sometimes it's hard to know what to believe.

number 6

Patron
Hmmm, so you seem to be saying what people here have been saying for a while: That Miscavige is deliberately squirelling the "tech". I'm not sure how that relates to the opinion of the critic I talked to on Saturday, but it's still muy interesante.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Hmmm, so you seem to be saying what people here have been saying for a while: That Miscavige is deliberately squirelling the "tech". I'm not sure how that relates to the opinion of the critic I talked to on Saturday, but it's still muy interesante.

The 'theory' that the CIA (or the NWA, or the Marcabs, or 'the gummint' in any form) is 'running' Scientology is a popular one among unreconstructed Scientologists who have left the 'Church'.

The common feature to all variations is that Scientology has a 'powerful Tech' which envious evil forces wish to exploit, and, keep others from using for 'good'.

Usually this 'theory' includes the sub-theory that the evil force is at the same time deliberately ruining Scientology as part of their nefarious scheme.

The appealing thing about this 'theory' for some is that it 'explains' why 'The Tech' doesn't work; it explains why the 'Church' is insane and incompetent. It explains why Ron Himself was a good guy, who was betrayed and ripped off.

Another variation has 'Scientology' being run by non-Scientologist attornies (sometimes alone, sometimes in collusion with the other nefarious forces.

Another, somewhat less popular 'theory' is one usually advanced by Phil Scott; that Scientology is actually running the government (and the CIA, and Interpol and the NWA yadda yadda.)

Zinj

number 6

Patron
Another, somewhat less popular 'theory' is one usually advanced by Phil Scott; that Scientology is actually running the government (and the CIA, and Interpol and the NWA yadda yadda.)

Zinj

Hmmm, so maybe that's why our government is full of incompetent dolts. Scientology can barely run itself.

Moonchild

Patron with Honors

If DM is, in fact, an SP (which I could easily believe) is it possible that in his own mind he's convinced that he's doing the "right thing"....i.e., enhancing and strengthening Scn.... rather than making a deliberate effort to ruin it by squirelling.

In his universe, he KNOWS he's right...:omg: ...sadly, the outcome will probably demonstrate otherwise.

Re-reading this, a little expansion seems necessary.

Whereas traditionally, an SP wouldn't particularly wish to enhance something that made others more powerful, one could wonder what DM's long-term perception of the CoS has been?

Has he only ever seen it as a money-making scam? In which case he would indeed wish to keep it afloat....for his own ends rather than others'. But even so winds up shooting himself in the foot.

Cynicism within cynicism! Hope this makes sense.

Last edited:

number 6

Patron
One thing Anonymous should do, said this certain critic, is try to encourage a coup d'etat against DM. If not an outright coup d'etat, then at least get DM's underlings to leak info to the feds and the media. Let them kill themselves.

number 6

Patron
It needs to happen faster. Some people on OCMB and Enturbulation are planning to send postcards en masse to the poor unfortunate souls trapped in SP hall. Maybe that will speed the bleeding. And with that, all ex-Scientologists can rest easy and watch the cult die the death it deserves. Lots of lulz all around.