What's new

Wichita, Kansas Mission.

Wisened One

Crusader
After we blew Miami, we moved here to Wichita, KS and after a while, we 'missed' our Staff/scn life and helped out at Kirstie's Mission for a few years. My kids even took a few courses there.

Staff there were very nice. ED at one time was Peggy Crawford but then she moved to California. Anyone knew her?

Nick and Elaine Havel then ran it. Their daughters joined the SO (Andrea and..can't remember the other one). They I think work in CMO. Anyone know who I'm referring to? News? Updates?

I believe that the Havels are now in the SO (or on a Prepare to do so).

Their son Ben and youngest daughter Emma I think are also slated to join the SO! I hope they don't!

We drive by there occasionally. Cars are still in the parking lot, but it's never very many.

Anyone else here know info about the Staff/Mission there?

Tiger Lily

Gold Meritorious Patron
I wish I had info for you; I'm not from around there (though "past life memories" of Wichita used to come up in sesson. . .:confused2: )

But your post made me curious -- they let you help out after you were "blown"? How did that work?

-TL

Wisened One

Crusader
Yep. Well, techincally we were not 'blown' at this point. (We had returned to 'route-out standardly a few weeks after we blew).

But still: We were freeloaders and we were surprised that they allowed us to still help them. (But we had the greatest intentions at the time, you know).

Just looking for anyone here that might have more info about the staff/place there besides us.

Did anyone here know/work with Andrea Havel at CMO? Her sister? Info please? And hope that Ben and Emma Havel are now not there?! :unsure:

Last edited: