What's new

Will HBO's "Going Clear" Change The Church Of Scientology Forever?

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Best case scenario: ( may not be most likely ) the film starts a ball rolling and dominoes falling that DM , the entire main cult and all of its allies cannot stop and between public outcry , action by politicians and law enforcement and possible loss of tax exemption and religious recognition the vast majority of the cult's organizations are closed down in the US and assets are seized . The Sea Org is gutted losing at least two thirds of members to three quarters . Org staffs are decimated probably retaining ten per cent .

Many whales fade away never supporting or discussing the cult publicly again .

This leaves at least fifteen thousand newly forced out or walked out very confused cultists .

THEY will be confused , stunned , stigmatized and traumatized by their sudden overwhelming new , possibly more open life .

They will be vulnerable to many elements . Some will cult hop .

Some will commit suicide .

They will greatly benefit from the very best exit counselors and education that can be provided for them .

THAT may be our future .

I have no authority over anyone , no allegiance owed .

I can only appeal to whatever compassion ,whatever humanity the people here - the ones who know best why to help and what these victims of Hubbard's lies and cruel madness need - have and ask for any who can to try , in whatever way they can , to help these lost and abused people . The choice is yours .

Yeah, we know the choice is ours MB and just FTR there has never been any lack of compassion or humility here.

FFS.

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
I still occasionally watch David Miscavige's interview with Ted Koppel when I want to see a weasel like person in action.

A Conversation with David Miscavige - ABC News with Ted ...

"I have never met a more competent, a more intelligent, a more tolerant, a more compassionate being outside of what I've experienced from LRH," Tom Cruise once said of Miscavige.

I wonder, was Tom Cruise lying or is he delusional and really believes this?

I agree, and what a load of bollocks. Just as an example, Emmanuelle Beart (with whom he acted in "Mission Impossible") is a more compassionate being than DM by miles.

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hi All :) :cheers:
This is my response to this title:

HBO's showing of "Going Clear" is TONIGHT at 8 pm I believe. (Check your listings). If you can see it at all, do so! You will not be disappointed.

2nd: Will this one documentary 'change The Church of Scientology Forever"? Well, anyone reading this must realize TONS and TONS of people, both ex-Scientologists and Critics, including Anonymous and Indies, and media...ALL of those people speaking out for decades now, have paved the very road so that this Documentary can be made and shown.

The KEY thing that has helped change Scientology FOREVER? The Net!! Scientology **tried** (and failed, utterly--thus this post) in the 90's to cancel the key Newsgroup then: Alt.Religion.Scientology (ARS). EPIC FAIL.

Then in 2000, someone leaked the Tom Cruise video onto YT. What did Scientology do? FLIPPED OUT, and ordered it off of YT. What became of *that*? Thousands -"9,000"- people, mostly Anonymous and some Ex-Scientologists & Critics picketed in nearly every major city in the WORLD. (That worked, "dave"...huh?) Again, an EPIC FAIL.

Now we have Lawrence Wright's book: "Going Clear, Scientology & The Prison of Belief" and Alex Gibney's Documentary about this very book being shown TONIGHT, Sunday night on HBO. What does Scientology do? Did they learn from these not one but TWO EPIC FAILS Before? HELL NO! They've written and put out videos filled with lies about each person in the documentary, including Lawrence and Alex! You have to ask yourself this: IF ((IF)) what these 8 people are saying is "so false" as Scientology claims, why is it they have spent $250,000 making and pitching their videos against it?

Watch it tonight ...do NOT miss it. :yes:
Love to you all :flowers2: Tory/Magoo.

PS: :thankyou: to you ALL :)

Last edited:

TrevAnon

Big List researcher
We see a lot of people doing tweets, articles, books, shows and whatever against COS.

All LIES of course.

We see that always when COS is

EXPANDING.

So COS must be WINNING.

:biggrin:

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
there will be blows

there will be declares, anyone who watches it or says peep about it inside the orgs will be removed

miscavige is probably getting teams ready to send out to orgs for damage control and sec checks

there will probably be more independant splinter groups forming too

Yep. With Missionaries' training. In other words; Put Heads On Spikes Ruthlessly!!! etc, etc, etc.

I know. I took that training early in the 80's, at Big Blue as a Sea Org Member of Asho Day.

The defectors are telling the truth, people. The cult is lying.

Not that big of a surprise, if you think about it!

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!

I can only appeal to whatever compassion ,whatever humanity the people here - the ones who know best why to help and what these victims of Hubbard's lies and cruel madness need - have and ask for any who can to try , in whatever way they can , to help these lost and abused people . The choice is yours .

Mockingbird.

With all due respect who are you preaching to ???? :unsure:

People here are the most compassionate people you can find..don't you remember when you landed here ???
They don't need to be guided in growing compassion. Most of them already did, long time ago, way before I myself only started to grow a little bit of it.

Even Tommy Davis would be welcome with compassion and understanding.

Don't take any offense, I find it funny, like a sunday service! :blush:

Last edited:

Leland

Crusader
The statement in the Docu....that even the Fiction Writing of Hubtub...had been declared "religious" and tax exempt....surprised me a great deal.

I had never heard that before..and was quite amazed.

Sounds like the IRS really did "buckle" under pressure....to have agreed to that.

It does make a bit more sense now, to me...about Author Services...and that "Org" being part of the cult structure.

mockingbird

Silver Meritorious Patron
lotus , I can tell you Tommy Davis would find thousands of ...less than kind remarks if he looked at ESMB.

And in all honesty the help I am talking about is ...a bit different than my experience here .

In joining a group with a strongly agreed on common enemy the honeymoon period can be very welcoming - like love bombing .

But many of the people leaving the cult will need a more comprehensive and in some ways practical offering of help than the very friendly welcome I initially received .

But , if you do not want that uncomfortable reality pointed out I am sorry .

To be blunt I am asking some of the folks here to use whatever resources they are willing to to provide or help to those people who will be leaving .

Some people can help with info , refferals for employment , refferals on what Scientology really is and that indies and freezoners will be only too happy to scoop them up .

You can feel.any way you want about me - I am asking for people to look ahead and think about the casualties who will be left behind .

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
... [snipped for brevity]
THEY will be confused , stunned , stigmatized and traumatized by their sudden overwhelming new , possibly more open life .
I wouldn't worry too much about it, Mockingbird. Many tens of thousands (or more) scientologists have already escaped the clutches of the cult and gone on to live rich and meaningful lives without requiring direct intervention. This doco will help more and more to follow in their footsteps. Be happy for them. :)

Free Being Me

Crusader
>snip< But many of the people leaving the cult will need a more comprehensive and in some ways practical offering of help than the very friendly welcome I initially received .

What do think we collectively are doing here? When a $cientologist arrives here asking how to escape the sea org or blow staff, we come together. When someone's family member/spouse is in $cientology and they want answers about the cult, we come together. When someone comes here because they have a friend that's showing a hard interest in $cientology, we come together.

We offer our advice from our cultist experiences, support, patience, dox, phone numbers, web sites, books, videos, e-mail and skype addresses. Same with the never-ins providing support. Maybe you haven't been around for those moments but you're definitely misrepresenting ESMB, thank you. We wouldn't be here unless we cared.

Last edited:

Sindy

Crusader
lotus , I can tell you Tommy Davis would find thousands of ...less than kind remarks if he looked at ESMB.

And in all honesty the help I am talking about is ...a bit different than my experience here .

In joining a group with a strongly agreed on common enemy the honeymoon period can be very welcoming - like love bombing .

But many of the people leaving the cult will need a more comprehensive and in some ways practical offering of help than the very friendly welcome I initially received .

To be blunt I am asking some of the folks here to use whatever resources they are willing to to provide or help to those people who will be leaving .

Some people can help with info , refferals for employment , refferals on what Scientology really is and that indies and freezoners will be only too happy to scoop them up .

You can feel.any way you want about me - I am asking for people to look ahead and think about the casualties who will be left behind .

With all due respect and with kindness I must tell you that my recall of your entrance to the board went something like this:

You were, as is the usual case, welcomed. You enjoyed kindness and interest from others. Over time you became more and more dogmatic and pushy in your theories. Some could even call what you did "spamming the board" with LONG communications that did not take the ease, comfort and respect of readers into account and you began to get a bit adversarial all on your own. No one officially called you out on your spamming and you were given free rein to do as you please.

When you did not get the instantaneous agreement and adoration (setting yourself up as an absolute authority who HAD to be listened to or those who didn't were stupid morons, blind to the vast conspiracies around them), you got more and more pushy. You didn't back it down and try to determine how to garner others' support and understanding. Instead you got more and more divisive and volatile, still pushing without an audience.

Please do not blame others for an experience that you were very much a part of creating. People get plenty of compassion here -- just as you originally did and I know you did as I was one who was happy to have you here.

Again, with due respect and I am not trying to argue with you or to call you out in front of all for any other reason but to ask you to look at how you, yourself, can take some responsibility for your reception here over time.

Leland

Crusader

Hey Sindy ... while your at it can you [STRIKE]tell[/STRIKE] ask him to lose that manky siggy line (he has me on ignore, lol)?

It's a bit off-putting ...

It is always discombobulating for me, when I find out someone I thought was a woman...is a man...and vis versa....

Geeze this Interweb thing......:nervous:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
lotus , I can tell you ....

We definetely don't have the same perception of esmb members as a group (not perfect though, but pretty much decent and pretty much better than any other web community I encountered)

The ''undesirable'' behavior I saw here, from regular posters, are under the normal % rate in the society. It's often related to the fact that they are straight shooters.

Sincerely, I am proud to be a member of this community I tried to resist few years for not being trustful! :biggrin: I had succomb! :duh:

So my message is: To any $cientologist who is thinking of leaving - no matter what you have done in the cult, you are welcome here and people will provide you with listening, understanding, empathy and help as much as they can.
The same they did for many years accordingly to many testimonies!

Last edited:

Leland

Crusader
I was a bit worried and disappointed about the segment in the documentary regarding the "war is over."

Perhaps I missed what ever was said about the date of that being 1993. But just showing that huge crowd....repeatedly, pissed me off...and hoped that anyone watching the Documentary realized that was 22 years ago....and membership has dwindled since that time. I recall that event.....in LA, but did not attend. I was so sick of those big blow out events....

The hype.

Free Being Me

Crusader
We definetely don't have the same perception of esmb members as a group (not perfect though, but pretty much decent and pretty m uch better thatn any other web community I encountered)

The ''undesirable'' behavior I saw here, from regular posters, are under the normal rate in the society. It's often related to the fact that many are straight shooters.

Sincerely, I am proud to be a member of this community I tried to resist few years for not being trustful! :biggrin: I had succomb! :duh:

So my message is: To any $cientologist who think of leaving - no matter what you have done in the cult, you are welcome here and people will provide you with listening, understanding, empathy and help as much as they can.
The same they did for many years accordingly to many testimonies!

Beautifully said and everyone is welcome here be they $cientologists, Ex's, never-ins, media, the curious, you name it. Even Tommy Davis which would be a trip. After this documentary we are going to see a lot more people arriving so why not welcome them?

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!

Hey Sindy ... while your at it can you [STRIKE]tell[/STRIKE] ask him to lose that manky siggy line (he has me on ignore, lol)?

It's a bit off-putting ...

Hey sis,

I am chanelling a message for you

I can only appeal to whatever compassion ,whatever humanity the people here - the ones who know best why to help and what these victims of Hubbard's lies and cruel madness need - have and ask for any who can to try , in whatever way they can , to help these lost and abused people . The choice is yours to be compassionate toward our bitter apostate sister ITYIWT
:console:

:lol:

Isn't it time for another documentary ???? :biggrin:

Last edited:

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
Mockingbird.

With all due respect who are you preaching to ???? :unsure:

People here are the most compassionate people you can find..don't you remember when you landed here ???
They don't need to be guided in growing compassion. Most of them already did, long time ago, way before I myself only started to grow a little bit of it.

Even Tommy Davis would be welcome with compassion and understanding.

Don't take any offense, I find it funny, like a sunday service! :blush:

........nice hat........