What's new

Will Scientologists just believe ANYTHING they are told?

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Is there ANYTHING a true-believer will not believe if the Church tells them it's true? Will NOTHING wake up a sleep-walking Scientologist?

I would guess it depends on how deep of a coma the Scientologist is in.

For each of us, the wake-up alarm that works is different. But, having awakened from that dark dream, it is utterly fascinating how much utter bullshit an 'Ethical OT' can ingest.

Of course there are the epic delusions of Clear & Operating Thetan and Xenu and such. But it's amazing to look at LIES DU JOUR--the blatantly obvious lies that Scientologists feed each other on a daily basis--that are even more revealing in certain ways. Things like ridiculous promotional hype to get people to events by assuring them "This is going to be the single most important event in the history of Scientology!" Do Scientologists actually believe it or are they just playing along to not get in trouble?

Here's one I just saw, a promo email from a new IDEAL ORG in Pasadena, CA. It's been an empty shell for several years and they are still raising money for it. Reportedly the building was purchased for $9M but now they are saying they have raised $23M?

The fundraising effort by the OT COMMITTEE guarantees that donors are assured "EXCHANGE IN ABUNDANCE" for writing a check. When I read the particulars, I thought it was a joke, a parody, the kind of moronic Scieno-Think that we all laugh about here on ESMB. But it was not a joke. Here, look:

Sent: Thursday, December
Subject: Pasadena New Years - Special Message

For Worldwide Distribution: Please forward this to all Scientologists.
THIS NEW YEAR’S EMAIL IS BEING SENT TO ALL SCIENTOLOGISTS, EVERYWHERE. THIS NEW YEAR’S EVE 2009, PASADENA IS CELEBRATING THE END OF $23 MILLION OF IDEAL ORG FUNDRAISING. WE INVITE EVERY SCIENTOLOGIST ON THE PLANET TO SHARE IN THIS WIN.

BY THURSDAY AT 2 PM PACIFIC TIME, BECOME A “SOLIDARITY DONOR” TO PASADENA BY MAKING A DONATION (minimum $5, up to $1,000 or beyond).
GO TO OUR SECURE PAYPAL WEB SITE:

http://www.pasaotc.org/postulate2010/

HERE’S WHAT YOU GET AS EXCHANGE IN ABUNDANCE:
1. Make a secret postulate. Don’t tell anyone what the postulate is.
2. Make your dono via the web site.
3. We will write your name on Pasadena’s Postulate Wall, which will be prominently displayed outside the org on New Year’s Day. The world famous Rose Parade will march right by while hundreds of millions of people from around the world will be watching on TV - and your postulate will be there!
4. We will instantly e-mail you a commendation.
5. Your name will remain forever on the Donor Role of the Pasadena Ideal Org. You will join the ranks of 2,200 of your brother and sister Scientologists who have made this Ideal Org a reality.
6. Your postulate becomes our postulate. Isn’t that a great way to start 2010?
THANK YOU AND HAPPY NEW YEAR! Please pass this e-mail along and help ensure that every Scientologist on the planet sees it and participates.
ML,

The Pasadena Org OT Committee
The Staff of the Pasadena Org
The Public of Pasadena

What the hell is this all about? Delusion? Desperation? Deception? All three?!

SECRET POSTULATES? What is that? Are Scientologists 5 year olds at a birthday party being entertained by Otto The OT Clown? (note: No Exchange)

DONATE VIA INTERNET? So what? (note: No Exchange)

YOUR NAME IS WRITTEN ON A 'POSTULATE WALL'? Beyond pathetic superstition. (note: No Exchange)

HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS WILL BE WATCHING YOUR POSTULATE ON TV? No they won't. Not one single, solitary TV viewer on the planet will see your postulate written anywhere. (note: No Exchange)

YOU GET AN E-MAIL COMMENDATION? So what? (note: No Exchange)

YOUR NAME WILL BE ON the DONOR LIST "FOREVER"? So what? (note: No Exchange)

YOUR POSTULATE BECOMES OUR POSTULATE? Now what?! The poor deluded donor makes a secret wish and the people taking his money do what exactly with his secret wish? They make a wish on top of his secret wish that makes it work, even though they don't know what his secret wish was? Are these people totally nuts? (note: No Exchange)

Can you imagine trying to explain this "EXCHANGE IN ABUNDANCE" to any normal person and not have them start laughing hysterically?

Last edited:

Mest Lover

Not Sea Org Qualified
I love how it says,

minimum $5, up to $1,000 or beyond

why is thousand there?

and before you fork over a 5 buck donation they should
at least offer to name a galactic star after you and have that
placed in the library.

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
I'm impressed by the ingenuity of it all!

That's simply the free folk tradition of 'wishing upon a star', that Scientology makes into a profitable business!

Hmm.. Is it obvious that they do need to make the 'customers' into dumb dorks before that will work?

:duh:

Gadfly

Crusader
Is there ANYTHING a true-believer will not believe if the Church tells them it's true? Will NOTHING wake up a sleep-walking Scientologist?

I would guess it depends on how deep of a coma the Scientologist is in.

For each of us, the wake-up alarm that works is different. But, having awakened from that very dark dream, it is utterly fascinating how much utter bullshit an 'Ethical OT' can digest.

Of course there are the epic delusions of Clear & Operating Thetan and Xenu and such. But it's amazing to look at LIES DU JOUR--the blatantly obvious lies that Scientologists feed each other on a daily basis--that are even more revealing in certain ways. Things like ridiculous promotional hype to get people to events by assuring them "This is going to be the single most important event in the history of Scientology!" Do Scientologists actually believe it or are they just playing along to to not get in trouble?

Here's one I just saw, a promo email from a new IDEAL ORG in Pasadena, CA. It's been an empty shell for several years and they are still raising money for it. Reportedly the building was purchased for $9M but now they are saying they have raised $23M?

The fundraising effort by the OT COMMITTEE guarantees that donors are assured "EXCHANGE IN ABUNDANCE" for writing a check. When I read the particulars, I thought it was a joke, a parody, the kind of moronic Scieno-Think that we all laugh about here on ESMB. But it was not a joke. Here, look:

What the hell is this all about. Delusion? Desperation? Deception? All three??

SECRET POSTULATES? What is that? Are Scientologists 5 year olds at a birthday party being entertained by Otto The OT Clown? (note: No Exchange)

DONATE VIA INTERNET? So what? (note: No Exchange)

YOUR NAME IS WRITTEN ON A 'POSTULATE WALL'? Beyond pathetic superstition. (note: No Exchange)

HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS WILL BE WATCHING YOUR POSTULATE ON TV? No they won't. Not one single, solitary TV viewer on the planet will see your postulate written anywhere. (Note: No Exchange)

YOU GET AN E-MAIL COMMENDATION? So what? (Note: No Exchange)

YOUR NAME WILL BE ON the DONOR LIST "FOREVER"? So what? (Note: No Exchange)

YOUR POSTULATE BECOMES OUR POSTULATE? Now what?! The poor deluded donor makes a secret wish and the people taking his money do what exactly with his secret wish? They make a wish on top of his secret wish that makes it work, even though they don't know what his secret wish was? Are these people totally nuts? (Note: No Exchange)

Can you imagine trying to explain this "EXCHANGE IN ABUNDANCE" to any normal person and not have them start laughing hysterically?

First, I try to exchange in abundance, whenever I can. In other words, I often try to give more than I receive, and when giving, I try to have little attention on what I will get back. It is not a bad way to live ones life. From a certain perspective, this is the expanded version of the maxim, "do unto others as you would have them do unto you". I always included that somewhat Christian slant to my understanding of "exchange in abundance".

Second, there is something to "postulates". Not that the Scientology system empowers people in their use necessarily, BUT the "idea" has more than a little validity to it. As a trick to take your money, though? Bad Church.

I have studied lots of Scientology stuff, and lots of other stuff. Postulating, or "creating the mental pattern the Universe must and will follow", as an IDEA is not unique to Scientology. Sadly, as it seems to me, while Hubbard talked about it a great deal, he LEFT OUT any effective way to do it - through the sensible use of affirmations, and visualization techniques. There is a "theory" to it all, again, which Hubbard LEFT OUT. I sometimes wonder if he did THAT on purpose. If you could learn how to postulate well, to bring about effects in some thought-based way, well, who would need the Bridge? Bingo!

New Age literature is filled with various methods teaching one and enabling one to "postulate". In my opinion, they are NOT all BS. Though, they do not "work" for everybody (through no fault of the theories).

Happy Aberree

Patron with Honors
Depends on the scientologist...

Whatever made money in the past...

It seems that the church/org/management/SO/regges/etc will keep flogging the same old shit if there is any chance that it will pull in another dollar.

I firmly believe that many scientologists are very gullible and I also believe that their degree of gullibility can be gauged by how much money they donate to "charity-regging".

The less gullible ones seem to realise (even though they are fully loyal to COS) that "charity-regging" has little to do with church policy. The more gullible ones just give the money over because they got told to.

I'm waiting for the event (in the near future) which will annoounce the raising of money to pay staff wages, property rates (for ideal orgs), staff training, etc. Something like "ORG SPONSOR".

This will firmly cement the lack of capability of orgs in general and turn them into fundraising centres.

HAB

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
The rest is amusing (if cringeworthy) but, this is the one that strikes me:

"THIS NEW YEAR’S EMAIL IS BEING SENT TO ALL SCIENTOLOGISTS, EVERYWHERE"

Well, uh, cool. Does this mean those who sent it forgot to believe that there are 8 - 10 million Scientologists? Or, was it actually *sent* to 8 - 10 million 'Scientologists'??

Zinj

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
First, I try to exchange in abundance, whenever I can. In other words, I try to give more than receive, and when giving, I try to have little attention on what I will get back. It is not a bad way to live ones life. From a certain perspective, this is the expanded version of the maxim, "do unto others as you would have them do unto you".

But then, 'Exchange in Abundance' would be deliberately making *criminals* of those you were so gifting?

Zinj

Gadfly

Crusader
But then, 'Exchange in Abundance' would be deliberately making *criminals* of those you were so gifting?

Zinj

Ah, Scientology based logic . . . . . . . :duh:

Somehow, I doubt Jesus felt that way, when he was giving instead of receiving.

Or, must there be the always existent inevitable downside to charity? :nervous:

HelluvaHoax!

The rest is amusing (if cringeworthy) but, this is the one that strikes me:

"THIS NEW YEAR’S EMAIL IS BEING SENT TO ALL SCIENTOLOGISTS, EVERYWHERE"

Well, uh, cool. Does this mean those who sent it forgot to believe that there are 8 - 10 million Scientologists? Or, was it actually *sent* to 8 - 10 million 'Scientologists'??
Your response is soooo typical for a being trapped in the Mest Universe! You people just don't get how postulates work.

"All Scientologists Everywhere" will pick up this theta com without the via of needing a wog computer to get wog email.

Get on the Road to Freedom or I feel sorry for you buddy!

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
I'm still snickering about this.. Charging a fee for wishing upon a star..

Will it now be 'other practice' and out ethics to wish upon a star the usual way?

:fighting:

minnie

Patron with Honors
I would just run with the games theme, and donate monopoly money, or a box full of "all my theta".

Mest Lover

Not Sea Org Qualified
What if you make a 5 dollar postulate donation - just stare at the money and wish it into their bank account?

- oh, and I thought you may want to disable that link lest anyone accidentally hits it and gets routed directly into their web.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
It is kind of amazing, isn't it? There was a time when I'd have said "oh, no. They think for themselves." or back when I thought that, I guess it would have been "We think for ourselves."

But the cult keeps coming out with bigger and bigger fish stories, farragos and fairy tales and there's always someone who stays in the cult and believes what they're told.

But consider this- more and more people are leaving because of those lies. They do constitute last straws for many. Take "Basic books". People DID leave CofS over that one.

HelluvaHoax!

(post I) I'm impressed by the ingenuity of it all!That's simply the free folk tradition of 'wishing upon a star', that Scientology makes into a profitable business!Hmm.. Is it obvious that they do need to make the 'customers' into dumb dorks before that will work?

(post II) I'm still snickering about this.. Charging a fee for wishing upon a star..Will it now be 'other practice' and out ethics to wish upon a star the usual way?:fighting:

:D SchwimmelP....The troubling issues you have raised are covered in recent Policy. :D

HUBBARD COMMUNICATIONS OFFICE
Saint Hill Manor, East Grinstead, Sussex

HCO POLICY LETTER OF 7 FEBRUARY 1965
REISSUED 1 JAN 2010

Remimeo
Sthil Students
Assn/Org Sec Hat
HCO Sec Hat
Case Sup Hat
Ds of P Hat
Ds of T Hat
Staff Member Hat
Franchise
All True-Believing Scientologists
All Ex-Scientologists with substantial bank balances

ALL LEVELS

KEEPING POSTULATES WORKING

We have some time since passed the point of achieving uniformly workable postulate technology. The only thing now is getting the postulate technology applied.

If you can't get the postulate technology applied then you can't deliver what's promised. It's as simple as that. If you can get the postulate technology applied, you can deliver what's promised.

The only thing you can be upbraided for by students or pcs is "no results" from their postulates. Trouble spots occur only where there are "no results" from postulating. Attacks from governments or monopolies occur only where there are "no results" or "bad results" from postulating.

There have been reports of Scientologists resorting to "other practices" and other wacky, offbeat squirrel attempts to make their postulates work. One cannot attain the beyond-your-wildest-dreams immortal gains of OT by "wishing on a star" or other ridiculous superstition. Only by standardly postulating, per this HCOPL, will you ever get out of the trillion year trap you are stuck in. Only Scientology has the tech of your dreams so stick with Scientology and you will live in your dreams!

The WHY has now been found for not getting results from your postulates. These are the steps that guarantee your postulates will work:

1. Make a secret postulate. Don’t tell anyone what the postulate is.
2. Make an Advanced Postulate Donation which is of comparable magnitude to your secret wish. For example, if want to win the lottery for $10 million, a one-thousand dollar donation would be out ethics and out exchange--and your postulate would fail to materialize in the physical universe. Donate big and win big!
3. Once your donation has been received, your postulate will be proudly displayed on the Official Church of Scientology Postulate Wall where other ethical OT's can flow power to it. Remember, agreement equals reality!
4. For no extra charge, if you act now, your postulate will also be posted on the Official Scientology website, which has a suggested retail value of $350,000, but is yours for free as a complementary gift!
5. Report anyone who tries to "QUICKIE" your postulates and deny you the full gains by suggesting that it is not happening fast enough. Real Postulates take as long as they take. You may have to wait years or even decades for your postulate to work. If you want to speed things up, the Church will offer a free consultation with a Postulate Registrar to determine if your Postulate Donation was done standardly.

Do these things and we'll win.

L. RON HUBBARD
Founder

LRH:jw.rr.nt.ka.mes. rd
Copyright (c) 1965, 1970, 1973, 2010
by L. Ron Hubbard

Last edited:

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
What amazes me is that they are still regging for the Pasadena Ideal Org. Over four years ago we were getting promo to donate to the Pasadena Org. People chose going to a $1,000 per person Ideal Org dinner, rather than come to our "free" wedding. (Free - because we requested no gifts and we gave gifts to our guests - they just had to drive to the location.)

Why would they send the email to every Scn all over the world? Isn't every other Org regging for an Ideal Org? (Other than the ones that are complete, that is.) But aren't those people still recovering financially from donating to their Ideal Org?

These Ideal Orgs are a joke. Pasadena Org wasn't getting any "bigger" - stat wise - in the years that my hubby observed it. In fact in the 18 years that he was "aware" of the Org, it had gotten "smaller" - stat wise - less people, less staff, etc.

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'm still snickering about this.. Charging a fee for wishing upon a star..

Will it now be 'other practice' and out ethics to wish upon a star the usual way?

:fighting:

It wouldn't be "other practice" I don't think, but from my experience it could be out ethics because you are not paying for the service. After all, Scientology was responsible for making you more able, therefore your postulates should stick better, therefore you should be paying Scientology every time you wish for something. Kinda like WISE or IHelp. You pay and pay and pay and if you don't, it's out ethics.

Happy Aberree

Patron with Honors
What amazes me is that they are still regging for the Pasadena Ideal Org. Over four years ago we were getting promo to donate to the Pasadena Org. People chose going to a $1,000 per person Ideal Org dinner, rather than come to our "free" wedding. (Free - because we requested no gifts and we gave gifts to our guests - they just had to drive to the location.)

Why would they send the email to every Scn all over the world? Isn't every other Org regging for an Ideal Org? (Other than the ones that are complete, that is.) But aren't those people still recovering financially from donating to their Ideal Org?

These Ideal Orgs are a joke. Pasadena Org wasn't getting any "bigger" - stat wise - in the years that my hubby observed it. In fact in the 18 years that he was "aware" of the Org, it had gotten "smaller" - stat wise - less people, less staff, etc.

I wish I could say this surprised me, but having gotten a call from Buffalo org the year it went "ideal" to reg me for dollars (I am in Australia...), sort of set the 'playing field' for these "ideal orgs".

They aren't a joke -they're A JOKE!!!!

HAB