What's new

Will Smith's "epiphany"

MichelleAsWell

Patron with Honors
Yahoo news link:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/fwd/20081217/en_fashion_fwd/willsmithseriously_1

This sounds vaguely ominous when you consider the Cruise connection:

"You go and fight and fight to get there and there's this discomfort that sets in," Smith said. "It's really in the last probably year and a half that have been kind of scary and a little bit frustrating for me. I had an epiphany after working on 'Seven Pounds' and I realized that part of that feeling was that I was looking at my life and I was looking at myself, and my future too much around these movies. After 'Seven Pounds' I had this huge epiphany of how much more I want to be and how much more I want to do and the idea of living in service to humanity versus living in service to the commerce of my movies."
:omg:

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yahoo news link:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/fwd/20081217/en_fashion_fwd/willsmithseriously_1

This sounds vaguely ominous when you consider the Cruise connection:

"You go and fight and fight to get there and there's this discomfort that sets in," Smith said. "It's really in the last probably year and a half that have been kind of scary and a little bit frustrating for me. I had an epiphany after working on 'Seven Pounds' and I realized that part of that feeling was that I was looking at my life and I was looking at myself, and my future too much around these movies. After 'Seven Pounds' I had this huge epiphany of how much more I want to be and how much more I want to do and the idea of living in service to humanity versus living in service to the commerce of my movies."
:omg:

Oh dear!

I wonder how long it is before Tom gets the boot and becomes the 'reason' why Anonymous happened and big bad, in-your-face, hip and cool Will Smith replaces him?

God, I hope not. I really like Will Smith. I'd hate for him to go the same way as TC. (His wife is a babe as well :) )

Please say it ain't so Will!

Axiom142

uniquemand

Unbeliever
God forbid someone should decide to serve all conscious beings rather than focus on making money and consuming. That truly is scary. Damned hippy.

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
God forbid someone should decide to serve all conscious beings rather than focus on making money and consuming. That truly is scary. Damned hippy.

Well, nothing wrong with that of course. But my concern is that he thinks he can do that by promoting Scientology.

Surely he isn't that dumb? My impression of him is that he is fairly intelligent and 'with-it'.

In any case, I think he is a very likeable bloke. I hope he finds a worthwhile cause and gets behind it.

Axiom142

uniquemand

Unbeliever
One doesn't have to be dumb to think that one is helping people by promoting scientology. One does have to be pretty oblivious of the contrary facts and accessible information online concerning it.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
One doesn't have to be dumb to think that one is helping people by promoting scientology. One does have to be pretty oblivious of the contrary facts and accessible information online concerning it.

Agreed.

Otherwise, I'd be a dumb-ass, wouldn't I?

uniquemand

Unbeliever
Are you a dumb-ass, Alanzo?

I'm sorry, perhaps you could clarify what you think the major differences are between conscious and sentient.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Are you a dumb-ass, Alanzo?

I'm sorry, perhaps you could clarify what you think the major differences are between conscious and sentient.

"conscious" is "Conscious" - it's a dispersal as in Scn 8-80.

"Sentient" is a flow. A beam, really.

uniquemand

Unbeliever
Yep, you really are a dumb-ass.

*ducks*

I like the differentiation you made. I'd rephrase it thusly:

Conscious: awareness unfocused
Sentience: awereness focused

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Yep, you really are a dumb-ass.

*ducks*

I like the differentiation you made. I'd rephrase it thusly:

Conscious: awareness unfocused
Sentience: awereness focused
No need to get all significant about it.

I can prove it. Here, close your eyes.

All right.

Get "consciousness" going out in all directions. See? That's a dispersal. Can you see it?

Now picture sentience looking straight at something. That's a flow.

All these things are simple, observable truths. Anyone who can't observe these things is probably too keyed in. Like a Black Five or something.

Tim Skog

Silver Meritorious Patron
C'mon, Will Smith is not really a cultie is he? I know he is buds with Cruise, but what is up with this? He has denied reports that he is a scn'er. Tell me it ain't so.:nervous: :omg: :confused2:

Lynn Fountain Campbell

Silver Meritorious Patron

Um... I really don't think intelligence is the question. If he does go the way of TC, the question in my mind would be what kind of an op did OSA run on him to manufacture a compromising situation to catch him in.

That's pretty much how they win friends and influence people when they're as desperate as they must be these days.

Lynn

KnightVision

Gold Meritorious Patron
Although anyone is susceptible....

There's not a hope in December that Will Smith is not completely aware of the catastrophe that Tom created for himself by becoming DM's whipping boy...

It could just be that he is seeing a bigger picture for himself... he wouldn't be the first celeb to do so and take up a cause... that has zero connection to scn.

And just think.... If TC had happened upon a real honest to goodness vehicle to try and improve world conditions... He would have really made something of himself as a humanitarian...

Like most of us... I think that was likely his initial intention...

Although anyone is susceptible....

There's not a hope in December that Will Smith is not completely aware of the catastrophe that Tom created for himself by becoming DM's whipping boy...

It could just be that he is seeing a bigger picture for himself... he wouldn't be the first celeb to do so and take up a cause... that has zero connection to scn.

And just think.... If TC had happened upon a real honest to goodness vehicle to try and improve world conditions... He would have really made something of himself as a humanitarian...

Like most of us... I think that was likely his initial intention...

Well yeah, but roughly coinciding with that scio-method school opening etc. A lot of people want to do something for the world, and isn't it great when yer fsm comes along and lets you know there is a WAY you can do it.

KnightVision

Gold Meritorious Patron
Well yeah, but roughly coinciding with that scio-method school opening etc. A lot of people want to do something for the world, and isn't it great when yer fsm comes along and lets you know there is a WAY you can do it.

I concur.

I guess that for now (for me) the jury is out. And perhaps I'm wanting to believe that he is not falling prey... :confused2:

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
Surely one thing we all learned from our involvement in Scn is that there is little possibility of cherry picking only the "good" bits. Only peripheral, dilletante, panty-waists got away with that and they never really made any "progress" on the Scn bridge to total slavery.

If you look at the facts, concerning Will Smith:
  • pals with TC, the most dedicated scientologist according to DM
  • His "school" is using LRH study tech and employs scientologists
  • He is now making pronouncements about making a better world

If one looks at that, it is hard to believe Will Smith is still not really a scientologist - it doesn't work like that. Also we all know how much effort, since Ronnie's days, is put upon recruiting celebs. Does anyone really believe they are letting him use licenced LRH study tech, if he is not also being worked on to move up the Bridge?

This announcement of Smith's bears all the hallmarks of the introspection brought about by Hubbard's mind-warp (auditing).

It's got nothing to do with how cool he is, it is a well-trodden path that some of the coolest celebs have already followed, going back to the 50's. (Lauren Bacal, Van Morrison, Dylan, Leonard Cohen, String Band, Spiders from Mars, etc - some of the coolest people of their day)

Scn will have qualed the TC disasters and now we see TC working to repair the damage he did, being now less "arrogant", apologising in generalities, not specifics, etc.

This time they will play a cleverer game with Smith. The Scn influence will be more subtle and those who like him as a personality will hardly even notice the Scn influence. His popularity will be increased by the PR machine, so the public's affinity with him is increased, then the scn reality will be introduced gradually on this affinity line, using subtle pro-scn communication. This way DM will hope to increase the wogs' understanding of the subject (slave-cult).

The handling for us exes is not to agonise about whether Smith is in the thrall of the cult, but simply to continue communicating to the non-scn world about scn's undeniable technologies such as disconnection, enforced abortions, slave labour, misuse of personal counselling data, fair game, etc.

I have this idea of anons standing alongside the red carpets at movie openings shouting "Google Scientology RPF" or "Cruise's religion runs on slave labour" or "Will's school pays a licence fee to the scientology cult" "Cruise's religion calls his fans "wogs"" - while the celeb walks along taking the admiration of the "wogs" - that sort of thing would be quite effective, I think.

While DM's "church" still has money and power, the celeb recruiting actions will continue, Ron hard-wired it into the subject. Celeb's will be recruited, they are particulalry prone to Scientology due to the ego-pumping business that they are in.

Getting Google to link Will Smith's name and his school to the cult of Scientology and their policies of disconnection, enforced abortions, slave labour, misuse of personal counselling data, fair game, etc. should counter any PR moves that the CofS runs through Will Smith. Anons and some exes know how to do this.