William Burroughs at Scientology’s ‘Saint Hill Manor’ in 1968, before his discontent

RSS Feed

RSS Feeder Bot
There is a new post up at the Underground Bunker

William Burroughs at Scientology’s ‘Saint Hill Manor’ in 1968, before his discontent

[William Burroughs in 1968]

In 2013, we interviewed author David Wills about his book on William Burroughs, Scientologist! William S. Burroughs and the ‘weird cult’. He argued that Burroughs biographers had tended to play down (or merely not understand) how deeply into Scientology Burroughs had been before famously falling away from it in[.......]

Continue reading...

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
There is a new post up at the Underground Bunker

[William Burroughs in 1968]

In 2013, we interviewed author David Wills about his book on William Burroughs, Scientologist! William S. Burroughs and the ‘weird cult’. He argued that Burroughs biographers had tended to play down (or merely not understand) how deeply into Scientology Burroughs had been before famously falling away from it in[.......]

Continue reading...
When I was still on lines in the late 70's I went to a pub by the University of Minnesota in what's called the West Bank where Dylan got his start to hear a lecture from Burroughs. I was not impressed at all. He came off like a withered nervous, twitching skid row bum and I wished I could of got my $5 back. He had zero charisma and seemed to know that he couldn't hold an audience and he couldn't. As a still in clam I was disappointed he never made any mention of Scientology. Not a big deal or anything but I just thought I'd mention the experience.