ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Wins in Scientology

Discussion in 'Scientology Technology' started by Veda, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Veda

Veda Sponsor

How they seemed then.

How they seem now.

[​IMG]

2. Xenu Xenu Xenu

Xenu Xenu Xenu Patron Meritorious

The idea of being always "up" now seems wrong to me in my old age. How could you appreciate being happy without a few boring days or heaven forbid a few sad days?

But yeah back to the pic of Tom, only Tom knows what he is thinking in that picture. Maybe it was a little forced for all we know. Maybe he was trying to be Tom Cruise.

What was the title of this? Right, Wins. I remember those days and even the definition of the word, "win". Typical cult redefinition of common words. So early in the game I was indoctrinated into this shit. I had a few wins and that convinced me of the one and true way known as Scientology. The memory of those first wins seemed to keep me going when the wins stopped later on. Powerful stuff. Dangerous too.

I sure am glad I am out.

Operating DB likes this.
  3. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

It's always a bit awkward here to note that something Hubbard said seems to be accurate. Looking back now at some wins they seemed a big deal at the time but now seem meh. Is that because at the time the win was overblown, i.e. made more of than it merited, or because looking at things decades afterwards often smooths out the highs and lows?

Paul

Infinite and Operating DB like this.
  4. La La Lou Lou

La La Lou Lou Crusader

Wins, ah yes...

'Word clearing' for hours, a green cloth topped collapsible table covered in open dictionaries and bits of waste material, grammar and idiom words, and the endless clapping to each minor win, and the discovery of what eternity meant clapping at an oversized stained black and white photo of a man with a sailor's hat and a smutty smirk.

5. guanoloco

guanoloco As-Wased

I think the wins were all that. At least for me many were huge, life changing and permanent. This left me pondering with anticipation what else was to happen?

The losses were devastating and these were discovering the true nature of Hubbard and what he did as a human being. It was discovering the true intentions of Scientology and Miscavige.

I think this diminishes people's wins...sort of a cancelling out affect.

How can something be both? So extremely evil while delivering such wins?

It's a puzzle.

1200px-Yin_yang.svg.png

Emma likes this.
  6. Operating DB

Operating DB Truman Show Dropout

Just before I read "at the time the win was overblown" I had a thought that many of the "wins" I had were pretend wins. Being expectant that one will and should have wins so in many cases one is forcing wins.

I would say in retrospect the majority of wins I had were minor and overall were overwhelmed by feelings of anxiety, dread, terror, fear, etc. As time progressed the wins got less and less and down to none and the negative feelings increased.

7. PirateAndBum

PirateAndBum Gold Meritorious Patron

Hey, if I had just snagged Katie Holmes as my GF, I'd have jumped on the couch too ;) LOL

8. PirateAndBum

PirateAndBum Gold Meritorious Patron

Honestly, I can't remember most of them. I do recall being very happy after finishing my grades, which I did all at one go. I had amazing change of awareness while doing L11 that to this day I do not fully understand, but the experiences were amazing to me then and still remains so today (that's not to say that I still have the awareness I had after some of the sessions now, just that they are the most memorable positive wins I had.)