What's new

WISE tries to ban a Scientologist Facebook group for classified ads

Thalkirst

Patron with Honors
A Hungarian Scientologist created a Facebook group for Scientologists to place ads called "Advertisements of/for Scientologists"

WISE did not like it apparently and ordered its removal for copyright reasons (!!!) (as Scientologists is a "collective membership mark"):

1.jpg

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
So tell me about WISE. I've known people who work with (?) use (?) them but that's about all I know.

Blanky

Watch and learn :)
Ten parts (sigh) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nbF78dPK3g

Moar, this one is only 5 parts~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3AbDQbORLk

Essentially another scamming aspect of CoS, basic business mgt. designed to steer the unsuspecting into cult clutches and extract money. Seems like it is often used to gain control over their own parishioner's businesses/assets. Just another head of the hydra LRon created.
Hope that helps :cheers:

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
Was not the disbanding of WISE a condition of the IRS deal?

Haven't heard that one before, but I think its only a matter of playing shell-games, hiding connections etc., while selling scilon services/licencing, paying their kick-backs, for them (CoS) to distance themselves far enough away to comply should such a thing have happened.
Opinion, mine. :)

Here's an awesome post from an old WWP thread~
Anon said:
WISE is one of Scientology's biggest money makers due to its ability to sneak into businneses and communities under many different names. Its goal is to approach the owner of a business and introduce a way for a businesses to improve their employee productivity by taking courses. These courses (in case some of you didn't know or if you are a noob) are all L. Ron Hubbard tech. It is all licensed by COS. So a fee has to be paid to the licensee (COS). So millions of dollars are paid to COS in licensing fees every year. Of course WISE always claims it is not a part of COS even though thier logo is/was on the COS website.

They also infiltrate through chiro and dentist's office and even vet offices in various ways.
Usually COS will offer a pamphlet to be printed and the doctors or chiro's name wil be added on it. This is paid for by the doctor/chiro of course. Unassuming patients and employees of the office will think that if their doctor (that they have trused for years) is reccomending it, then it must be good. And so the dissemination starts.

WISE is also very dangerous to the poor unassuming empoyees of these businesses whose employees feel that they are forced to take these courses or they will lose their jobs. In this economy and with mouths to feed, I am sure the boss bets that the employess will more than likely choose to get on course rather than lose their jobs. There have been a few scattered lawsuits in the past about employees who were forced to take the COS courses and read books at their place of work and when they didn't comply they were fired. The employees of these busineses have the right to know what they are getting themselves into.

WISE also does a lot of "how to be successful business person" seminars through WISE members. And now there are books by a few of the NOI (The Final Call) members. These tactics are very dangerous, as it allows COS to secretly spread its tentacles under the radar into many communities.

So what to do?
A poon campaign to warn area town officials and local government?
You can warn them that "such and such" business in your community, and it's actually a Scientology front group and here is their real agenda?
Find out the names of WISE businesses in your area and flash raid them and make signs that say for instance "Sterling Management= Scientology Front Group?"

This threads purpose is to brain storm on how to expose WISE.
Now I know there are plenty of front group threads and also material on them. And people are exposing some of these front groups little by little. But a lot of it stays here on the board and it doesn't reach the general public and local governments enough.

Don't forget if COS starts to really crumble, the revenue from their front groups can keep them afloat longer.

tl/dr
IT'S VERY IMPORTANT TO EXPOSE WISE NOW MORE THAN EVER!

Thread is HERE

:)

Last edited:

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
Was not the disbanding of WISE a condition of the IRS deal?

Aha! You're correct, silly me :p memory like a seive *sigh*
Anon said:
Jeff Jacobsen has a great website if you need info fo pooning
http://www.stop-wise.biz/jeff-wise.html

I thought this was an interesting tidbit:
WISE TO BE DISSOLVED ACCORDING TO IRS AGREEMENT
On October 1, 1993, The Church of Scientology and many of its corporate entities, including WISE, were granted tax exemption. The IRS and Scientology signed a secret Agreement, leaked by the Wall Street Journal, that required certain things of Scientology and the IRS. The Agreement required that Scientology close their corporate entity World Institute of Scientology Enterprises (WISE). The Agreement states "The members of the CTCC shall, no later than December 31, 1995, effectuate the dissolution of WISE, Inc. and the transfer of all of its assets, including but not limited to its rights to the Scientology religious marks, to the Inspector General Network." As of June 30, 2001, the California Secretary of State still lists WISE as an active corporation.(25) WISE still has an active web page.(26) WISE is still active in the United States and abroad. David Miscavige in his October 8, 1993 victory speech stated that "Over the last several years we have been expanding our efforts to get LRH's admin tech into full use. WISE Int. has now set up a new college to train people in this tech. It is called the Hubbard College of Administration and as you can see here, it too is recognized by the IRS!" Apparently, there was no written penalty for not complying with this portion of the Agreement, but obviously, WISE was not dissolved.
Link to thread is in my previous post.

:cheers: & :scnsucks:

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
A Hungarian Scientologist created a Facebook group for Scientologists to place ads called "Advertisements of/for Scientologists"

WISE did not like it apparently and ordered its removal for copyright reasons (!!!) (as Scientologists is a "collective membership mark"):

1.jpg

"promoting anybodies business"?

can't get past the spelling/grammar issue here. :p

Anonycat

Crusader
Good luck trying to get money from a Hungarian Facebook group. They'll probably change their group to F-scientology or something better for their "business".

freethinker

Sponsor
In looking through Jeff Jacobsen's stuff, he had some pdf's of the church's interaction with the IRS.

This was the definition of the CVB account:

5. CVB Account. Amounts are deposited in a "ClaimsVerification Board" account whenever a parishioner requests thereturn of a fixed donation and are kept until the request is​
abandoned or met.

Note that it says "request is abandoned or met" If you didn't get your refund/repayment it is because you abandoned it.

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron

1.jpg

That ^ is Scientology - NOT HELPING anyone...I remember WISE trying to FORCE me to join and give them $1,500 to call myself a WISE member. I did not see any WISE members anywhere - doing anything - and they gave up and never came back to the Morgue for at least 4 years.

I thought it was strange - having to pay money to join a group so I could get the recycled TECH - when my business was in POWER long before the CULT!

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
Back in the day, WISE made attempts to strong arm me into paying them because I had done scientology courses & therefore I used scientology in my business so I was out exchange to not pay them for the benefit of the tech I was using. They were very pushy, very much playing bully.

I countered with I paid in full for every course I ever did & nothing nowhere was ever said - much less written - anytime about an ongoing lifetime payment for doing a course - and I reminded I put more time in going to college but the college wasn't dunning me for continued payment on what they taught me ( and I paid for ) about business.

At last, I told them they were consuming my production time and I could no longer continue the conversation so we needed to end off. The reply was that I could join WISE & pay them what they wanted or it would result in a major ethics cycle for me. I told 'em " Bring it on "! & never heard from 'em again.

guanoloco

As-Wased
Back in the day, WISE made attempts to strong arm me into paying them because I had done scientology courses & therefore I used scientology in my business so I was out exchange to not pay them for the benefit of the tech I was using. They were very pushy, very much playing bully.

I countered with I paid in full for every course I ever did & nothing nowhere was ever said - much less written - anytime about an ongoing lifetime payment for doing a course - and I reminded I put more time in going to college but the college wasn't dunning me for continued payment on what they taught me ( and I paid for ) about business.

At last, I told them they were consuming my production time and I could no longer continue the conversation so we needed to end off. The reply was that I could join WISE & pay them what they wanted or it would result in a major ethics cycle for me. I told 'em " Bring it on "! & never heard from 'em again.

WOW!