What's new

With crappy Photoshopping, the Church of Scientology risks a fatwā

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
They lump all religion in with the 'abberation' that they think we all have. Hubbard's holy scripture teaches that 'religion' is merely some 'implants'.. And here it is necessary to remember that 'implants' make people nuts, or 'abberated' in scientologeze. So in fact Scientologys scripture says that religion is implants and the followers of the religions are insane.

Maybe excepting buddhism, since Hubturd claims to be Gautama Siddhartha reincarnated.

Scientology does indeed perform a rather conceited PR spiel with positioning Cof$ as a sort of superior 'Religious Technology Center' which is brimming with solidarity for all religion.. That is PR battle tactics.

The pretentious name 'Religious Technology Center' is actually the registered name of the legal 'owner' of Scientology..

They're slapping a box with 'RTC' on an org board really. Placing $cientology as the top commanding authority on the 'religions of the world org board'.

They didn't ask those other religions about it though. I imagine the Pope giving them the abominable finger in response to that.

The picture is old anyway.. 1980 or earlier (I think).. I recall a brochure or booklet with a lot of Hubbards hopelessly inept pictures in it.. This one with all the religious deities too.. The Volunteer Ministers Handbook?

So the insult to The Profet has been there a long time... I don't know if wrapping his head up like he just had a molar removed by string and camel makes it unoffensive?

Anyway.. We all know of this I'm sure, but just to have it here:
LRH mocks the prophet Mohammed by calling him a "small town booster"
(Xenu.net : PDC #24. 9 December 1952 : Casbah)

"It's an enormous stone hanging suspended in the middle of a room, this is an incident called the Emanator by the way, and this thing is by the way the source of the Mohammedan Lodestone that they have hanging down there, that, eh, when Mohammed decided to be a good small-town booster in eh Kansas, Middle-East, or something of the sort. By the way, the only reason he mocked that thing up, is the trade wasn't good in his hometown. That's right. You read the life of Mohammed.
And he's got a black one and it sort of hung between the ceiling and the floor, I don't know, maybe they call it the Casbah or something or... Anyway, anyway, that thing is a mockup of the Emanator! The Emanator is bright, not black.
And so, your volunteer, who insists on a sightseeing trip, goes in and this thing is standing in the middle of the room, and it's going 'wong wong wong wong wong' and he says: "Isn't that pretty?". It sure is, and then he says "Mmmgrmrm ponk" Why, I'll tell you, they cart him from there, and they take him in and they do a transposition of beingness."

:yes:

Lohan2008

Gold Meritorious Patron
Can you translate Hubbard-ese into English ?
that paragraph doesn't EVEN make sense !

Last edited:

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Can you translate Hubbard-ess into English ?

PDC: Philadelphia Doctorate Course (Pompous name of a series of lectures by Hubbard)

#24: Number 24 (of the series of lectures)

9 December 1952: The date this lecture was given.

Casbah: Well, I think Hubbard talks about The Dome of the Rock in Jerusalem. But then again, there's no reason to assume that Hubbard had any clue what he was talking about.

That whole line is a link.

The 'Emanator' is an impressive and mysterious thing Hubbard claimed existed billions of years ago. It was used to hypnotise people for some obscure purpose or other. 'Implant' them, to put it in scientologeese. Hubbard never explained anything about these mysterious things.. The purpose of these fibs was that they should be mysterious and unexplained, so as to have your mind reeling around 'em.

So, no.. I can't translate that part for you. You'll have to ask Hubbard.

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Can you translate Hubbard-ess into English ?

My take on it is this:

Hubbard is saying that the most holy of places to a Muslim (the Kaaba - the holy shrine in the centre of the holy square in Mecca - the place every Muslim is to journey to at least once in their lifetime) is simply a "dramatization" of this "implant" called the Emanator" - which supposedly happened billions of years ago.

Hubbard's saying the Prophet is simply unconsciously acting out this "implant" when he set up Mecca as the Holy City and the Kaaba is not even a good likeness of the original "emanator" as the Kaaba is black but the original emanator was shiny.

It's just another cheap shot at a successful religion by a man who wished he could start one too.

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Or he might be talking about the Kaaba.. Not the Casbah.. (Sloppy research again, Hubbard style... It does get tiresome doesn't it?)

350px-Kaaba_mirror_edit_jj.jpg

WikiPedia : The Kaaba
Blackstone.JPG

The Black Stone, sourrounded by a silver frame inside the Kaaba in Mecca.

However, the Black stone does not hang from the ceiling.. The rock in Jerusalem does.. Thus it appears that Hubbard confused the two..

:wiggle:

Markus

Silver Meritorious Patron
Yes

http://blogs.pitch.com/plog/2009/08...g_the_church_of_scientology_risks_a_fatwa.php

Gawker picks up the story and runs with it.
http://gawker.com/5337728/scientolo...ion-of-god-from-zoroaster-to-kenneth-the-page

BEFORE - Uwe Stuckenbrock
scientology1.jpg

AFTER - Kenny Seybold
scientology3.jpg

List of people from left to right:
1. Booklet guy – depending on version- Uwe Stuckenbrock, Kenny Seybold or Nicola Corias.
a. Kenny Seybold – Sports fields I/C – AKA - lawn mowing I/C
b. Uwe – died on PAC RPF of MS – R.I.P.
c. Nicola Corias – was in RTC and blew or was RPF’ed
2. Casavius Tabayoyan - persuaded to have his name changed to Michael Przybylski and moved to Denmark to avoid being contacted by Declared SP parents.
3. Marc Headley – Blown
4. Gary “Luigi” Lew – L. Ron Hubbard’s personal assistant in charge of Audio Visual duties – still at Int Base
5. Hiro Kimoto – Blew from Int base many years ago
6. Terrance Une – Security Guard at Int Base
7. Robert Barry – offloaded from Int Base
8. Carol Alexander – died at Gold Base of heart attack)
9. Bill Price – Been on PAC RPF for over 12 years
10. John “Gonzo” Gonzalvez – Cameraman on film shoot team at Gold – still there.

The Scientologist really looks like my brother Uwe Stuckenbrock. Does anybody know when this picture was made? And when exactly did they change the face?

Love

Markus

Lohan2008

Gold Meritorious Patron
Kaaba

Caaba or Kaaba, Ka'ba: Arabic (kabah), cube.
The small and nearly cubical stone building, holiest place of Islam, that all Muslims face when praying.

~wikipedia

Lohan2008

Gold Meritorious Patron
Translation Needed

this thing is standing in the middle of the room, and it's going 'wong wong wong wong wong' and he says: "Isn't that pretty?". It sure is, and then he says "Mmmgrmrm ponk"

Can anyone translate this Hubbard-ese ???

Lohan2008

Gold Meritorious Patron
Casbah

The Casbah (Arabic: قصبة‎, qasba, meaning citadel) is specifically the citadel of Algiers and the traditional quarter clustered around it

The invitation "Come with me to the Casbah," which was heard in trailers for 1932 Movie "Algiers "

In 1982 the British London-based punk rock group The Clash released the single "Rock the Casbah", about Iran's outlawing of music, particularly disco.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAkfHShATKY

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
this thing is standing in the middle of the room, and it's going 'wong wong wong wong wong' and he says: "Isn't that pretty?". It sure is, and then he says "Mmmgrmrm ponk"

Can anyone translate this Hubbard-ese ???
Not much scienobabble in that.. Just Hubturd talking like a 7 year old.. He's 'making' the sound of the 'Emanator' (Wong, wong...) and then the guy going "Mmmgrmrm ponk".. Ie: Fainting and dropping to the floor..

So this is how the 'Emanator' works.. Dropping you unconcious with some sort of 'field', so that 'they' can do an 'transposition of beingness' on you. (Whatever that means.. Ripping your soul from the body and putting it somewhere else or something)

As far as I know the 'Emanator' is not mentioned elsewhere. But of course.. The 'PC's' will recall all about it in session themselves?

The word 'incident' probably needs to be explained. In scientology and 'Incident' is an experience when we were unconcious and received an engram or an implant. Something that has 'charge' on it that shows on the e-meter.

Lohan2008

Gold Meritorious Patron
Muslims Viewpoint ?

I would like someone on ESMB to find a Muslim to get their view on whether it is offensive that (sic) Muhammad is shown to standing LOWER than the Scilon ???

bluewiggirl

Patron Meritorious
IANAM, but look at this picture:

all of the religious figures are leading up from the right to the left in what looks like chronological order, up to Jesus. Then there's a dip DOWN for Mohammad, and a huge jump up to another ledge for the SCIENTOLOGIST! I mean, how could that possibly NOT be offensive? Even if you take it as face value "we are the best religion" innocent propaganda, the fact still remains that Mohammad is lower than Jesus, despite coming after him chronologically and being between him and the Scientologist at the "peak" of "religious evolution" or whatever it is they're trying to picture here. You would be hard pressed as a member of any of the religions implicated here not getting offended, but the double blow of showing your prophet when no one is supposed to do that shit and putting him at a lower point on the scale than he deserves based on the pattern presented is just incredible.

Lohan2008

Gold Meritorious Patron
small town booster

LRH mocks the prophet Mohammed by calling him a "small town booster"

Is this where you point out that Mahdina (or Medina) was one of the Largest cities in the Middle East in the 600 AD's ???

In the ten years following the Hijra, Medina formed the base from which Muhammad attacked and was attacked, and it was from here that he marched on Mecca, becoming its ruler without battle. Even when Islamic rule was established, Medina remained for some years the most important city of Islam and the capital of the Caliphate. ~Wikipedia

Later to be formed into the Ottoman Empire.
So much for El'Ron getting his facts right...