What's new

With respect, Karen de la Carriere's son has died

That's a whole other reason that would be misguided, but I can see why someone might suggested given the historically cozy relationship between LAPD / LA County & the Co$.

As an aside, does the spouse ever relinquish that right after a suitable amount of time has passed? I understand that the body has been there a month now - he can't stay there forever, and I would think that after a while the county would be only too happy to have Karen pay for the final expenses (as opposed to the bankrupt state of CA).
That in red is not true - it was there a couple days before she found out, the body has been transferred to a funeral home - see link.

Mimsey

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...mes-article-1.1109522?localLinksEnabled=false

RogerB

Crusader
That article also says:

"When she learned the body had been transferred to a funeral home, she drove straight over Friday afternoon. The funeral director said her son’s wife gave explicit instructions to keep her out.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...-katie-holmes-article-1.1109522#ixzz1zwfdK7HV

Wow! Unbelievable!

That Church of Scientology ... it really knows how to PR tech, doesn't it?!

TG1

Ya, they is brilliant at making all the wrong moves and heaping more and more ill-will, scorn and disrespect on themselves.

This venture of theirs of blocking a grieving mother being a complete violation of expected decencies in our society and a monster violation of their policy of "maintaining friendly relations with the environment" . . . . you can imagine how a stunt like this would go down in a Muslim nation . . . Oh, wait, last I heard my Muslim friends were smart enough to not have those galoots running round within their realm :duh:

R

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
This is a graphic example of what Katie Holmes is in for if she doesn't get custody of Suri. I hope all the press internationally picks up on this story. It ranks with the most outrageous and vicious actions I have seen from the CoS. But whenever I have thought I have heard everything, they outdo themselves.

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
Thanks for clearing that time frame up - I read that month elsewhere and thought it sounded odd. I once had to jump through a bunch of legal hoops to claim a friend who'd been cut off from family due to addiction, and the city I lived in had a what ammounted to a policy about claiming abandoned bodies. I ultimately received permission, but the city would've been more than happy to unload an abandoned body and have me foot the bill after a matter of I think a couple of weeks.

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron
I think my hunch about Alex possibly taking his own life may be right.

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/07/scientology_alexander_jentzsch.php

Karen was shocked to find out the in-laws told the medical officers that Alex had a "history of excessive self-medication" !! Reeks of CoS butt covering and How strange is that for a Ex-SO? Apparently he had been in a car accident in Dallas, injured his back and probably for the first time in his life was given painkillers or muscle relaxers.

If he had access to Rx due to his injuries using them to purposely OD is very possible given how difficult things were for him the last few years or it could have been an accidental OD.

Either way I think that being reported to the authorities is highly significant and another reason the cult is in utter panic and trying to keep everything under wraps. Alex is probably another example of a young man they not only failed utterly with their tech but destroyed him via their cruelty and abuse.

My heart breaks for what Alex endured all while being denied from having the support, love and comfort of his mother who truly loved him. Instead he was surrounded by cult lackeys who had no compassion and put DM and the cult above all else.

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thank you, I am humbled with your caring comments.
I worked HARD for them.
I worked 60-80 hour weeks, I ate the beans and rice,
I earned $10 a week, I suffered 20 years in Sea Org and continued to contribute
long after.
I wanted to BELIEVE in the "CHURCH".
So when when they would not permit me one last look before cremation ~~ I wanted only 15 seconds to kiss his forehead ~~

I got the impact of their revenge no matter what I had done or achieved fro them in the past.

Even in war an Enemy nation will hand over the dead body to the opposing country.

But not the Church of Scientology.
You will not have the body, you will not give a last goodbye.

What can you do ?
They trumped me this time.
Tomorrow is another day.....

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
One of the more stunning outcomes is the 15-20 condolences phone calls I have received from people still in "Good standing".

Risking their elligibility ! Risking banishment and shunning and disconnection and Suppressive Person declare. A phone call to me could cost them $50,000 in police polygraphing security checks !

What does this tell you? The fury at Church conduct over rules Church policy.

I do not know if the body has been cremated.
The funeral director refuses to tell me. He refers me to Andrea, the seperated wife, who refers me to OSA Office of Special Affairs.
Funeral Director is David Estephan
Cedar Hill Mortuary
1722 Colorado Boulevard
Los Angeles 90041
323-255-0710

If any reader wishes to call him ~~ please do. It is possible a reader here can be more persuasive than me. I only want to know if the body has been cremated or not.
David refuses to answer, I am supposed to talk to OSA.

TG1 ~~ can you try

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
I still can’t believe this. After all we have heard about the cult, to deny a mother the chance to even see the body of her son, is so despicable, I don’t have the words to express my outrage.

Karen, my deepest condolences. You are an inspiration.

:rose:

Axiom142

TG1

Angelic Poster
Karen,

I've made several calls to Mr. Estephan and repeatedly get his voice mail.

Sometimes it goes straight to voice mail - other times it rings four times.

He is either on the phone or not picking up for anyone.

TG1

J. Swift

Patron with Honors
I talked to Karen de la Carriere and there are many unanswered and troubling questions surrounding Alexander's death. The fact is that no one knows why Alexander died. What is known is that he died at the home of Andrea Jentzsch's parents under presently mysterious circumstances. The too-convenient story coming out of that house does not add up. If Andrea and her family think this over, they are wrong. OSA does not get to do an "Annie Tidman" here and hide the death of Alexander for months. There will be an investigation.

What is highly suspicious is that Andrea's family apparently made sure they
told investigators that Alexander over-medicated and that there was no
suicide note. Ny-Quil was found next to Alexander's bed along with at
least one prescription bottle.The high fever first reported has not been
medically confirmed. Given that OSA is involved, a "high fever" may
have been a low fever. Andrea's family may be withholding material
facts. It is clear from their statements and conduct that OSA is now
handling them.

What is not known but can be found from phone records is if Andrea's
family called OSA prior to calling the Coroner. OSA is in fact in the
middle of what may be emerging as a cover up. Karen is in contact with
the Coroner about the emerging contradictions in the story her son's
death.

A timeline of Alexander's last months of life is being reconstructed. Additional information can be confidentially sent to - karendelac at gmail . com (remove spaces). Please, Karen needs to know the facts. Legal and financial help is available if needed.

A brief outline of the last two years of the life of Alexander Jentzsch's life:

1. Because she was pregnant, Alexander and his wife Andrea routed out of the Sea Org in Los Angeles in 2010. Alexander was then given a high-paying job at a home loan company in Dallas owned by fellow Scientologist David Melrose (Dallas Home Loans, Inc.).

1A. Sadly, the baby spontaneously aborted.

2. In context of 2010, people were leaving Sea Org and the Church and were blogging in record numbers. As Alexander knew inside secrets and was the son of Scientology royalty, he was given this job and an apartment to keep him happy. His handler was the infamous Kirstin Caetano, External Security Chief OSA.

3. During his time in Dallas, Alexander was in a car accident and was injured.What is unknown are the extent of his injuries or if his employer provided medical benefits. It is speculated that Alexander may have started to take pain medication after this accident. The Coroner's toxicology report is 60-90 days out.

4. During Alexander's sixteen years in the Sea Org, the few times he was in need of emergency medical or dental, he would be sent to the county hospital for medical care at taxpayer expense. Karen would intervene at these times and pay for Alexander to get private medical care.

5. For unknown reasons, Alexander lost his job with David Melrose a few months ago.

6. Alexander and Andrea had marital problems and separated.Alexander returned to Los Angeles in the past few weeks to find a work. Andrea was in Dallas when Alexander died.

7. Here is where the real intrigue emerges: Alexander was becoming disaffected with the Church and OSA knew it. Alexander was reading the internet. Had Alexander chosen to leave, he had the power under California law to get his father Heber Jentzsch out of the SP Hole. Karen had the money for the lawyers needed to make this happen. The law was on Alexander's side. There was clearly a battle by OSA to control Alexander's mind. Had Alexander left the Church and gone public it would have made international news. On the other hand, Andrea's family was fearful as it might have cost them dearly in terms of the money they would have had to pay for sec checks. The question this raises is if Andrea's family encouraged Alexander to over-medicate. Why did Andrea's Scientologist mother and stepfather sit idly by as Alexander "over-medicated" in their home? Scientologists are the only one's who are supposed to be able to help and yet what help, if any, was given the night Alexander allegedly went to bed with a high fever?

8. For reasons unknown at present, Alexander had breathing problems about two weeks ago. He received no medical care. This is where we have to wait for the Coroner report to see what was found.

9. David Estephan, the owner of Cedar Hill Mortuary in Los Angeles refuses to tell Karen if her son has been cremated or anything else. He defers all questions to Andrea Jentzsch who, in turn, has made it clear that any questions from Karen de la Carriere must go through OSA.

10. Andrea Jentzsch refused to allow Karen to see her son's body one last time. Andrea Jentzsch gave very explicit instructions to the David Estephan that no one was to see the body.

11. Karen was very financially generous with Andrea when she was in the Sea Org and there was no need for Andrea to be malicious when Karen's only child died.

12. As Andrea is being run by OSA, it is abundantly clear that David Miscavige personally ordered this cruelty and that Andrea and her OT family instantly complied with an order that came "straight from COB."

Per the doctrine of Disconnection, Alexander was very carefully watched and manipulated by OSA for the last two years to stay away from his mother. And now, even after Alexander has passed, we can see that the Church of Scientology is still practicing Disconnection.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
My suggestion is to bombard the media NOW NOW NOW and make it so fucking HOT for the CofS that they relent BEFORE the cremation. Like URGENTLY. This is beyond despicable.

Paul

RogerB

Crusader
Thank you, I am humbled with your caring comments.
I worked HARD for them.
I worked 60-80 hour weeks, I ate the beans and rice,
I earned $10 a week, I suffered 20 years in Sea Org and continued to contribute
long after.
I wanted to BELIEVE in the "CHURCH".
So when when they would not permit me one last look before cremation ~~ I wanted only 15 seconds to kiss his forehead ~~

I got the impact of their revenge no matter what I had done or achieved fro them in the past.

Even in war an Enemy nation will hand over the dead body to the opposing country.

But not the Church of Scientology.
You will not have the body, you will not give a last goodbye.

What can you do ?
Tomorrow is another day.....

Yes. They are exemplars of lack of honor. Lack of respect for their fellows. Lack of decency . . . .

That is the extent of the nastiness and depraved indecency to which the cult has descended. It is now a very different monster than the ideal we believed and joined to support.

Tomorrow is indeed another day . . . and decency and true good will to one's fellows will win before the new day is ended.

In actuality, by these very actions, painful though they are to Karen and we who love her, the cult is more and more crushing itself into oblivion. It is earning more and more scorn and disrespect and retaliation from the good society about it.

RogerB

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
. . .
What can you do ?
. . .

They "trumped" you only by sinking to new, previously unexplored depths.

Being petty in order to get their way on this, they do immeasurable harm to their tattered image. I don't think this is the time to be scoring political points against the Scientology cult, though; this is a time for mourning.

Later, perhaps... depending largely on Karen's wishes.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Karen,

I've made several calls to Mr. Estephan and repeatedly get his voice mail.

I wish people wouldn't do this. David Estephan's hands are legally tied and cannot comply with Karen's requests, as hurtful as this is. To do so could get him sued, and he could his license to own & operate a funeral home.

I suggested to Karen days ago that she consult with an attorney to see if she had any legal standing to challenge prevailing codes, but I'm out of the loop and unaware whether she did so or not.

California Health and Safety Code, Section 7100, identifies who has the right to make decisions about disposition arrangements after an individual's death. Family Code Sections 297 and 297.5 were added January 1, 2005 to include registered domestic partners to the following list of individuals.

The responsibility for making decisions devolves in the following order: agent under a power of attorney for health care, spouse or registered domestic partner, adult children, parents, adult siblings and other competent adult kin.

NOTE: Exceptions may apply in certain situations. You may wish to consult with an attorney.

http://www.cfb.ca.gov/aboutus/faqs.shtml

As hurtful and incredibly cruel this is to a grieving mother, Mr. Estephan is only following the law.

A friend that has used Cedar Hills Mortuary in the past, informed me that David Estephan comes from a well-respected Lebanese family, that has owned & operated funeral homes in Pasadena & Downey for decades.

Purple Rain

Crusader
My suggestion is to bombard the media NOW NOW NOW and make it so fucking HOT for the CofS that they relent BEFORE the cremation. Like URGENTLY. This is beyond despicable.

Paul

I am wondering if a petition might help - it should generate huge word of mouth grassroots support. What if thousands of people were demanding that David Miscavige allow Karen to view her dead son and attend his funeral? Only if Karen thought that would be helpful, of course.