What's new

Word on the Street: Jet Travolta Coming Back

Anonycat

Crusader
Does John Travolta believe his baby is the reincarnation of his dead son?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...reincarnation-dead-son.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

If the notion of 'replacing' Jett sounds harsh, one must first put it in the context of Scientologists' bizarre beliefs.

According to the doctrine laid down by LRH, human bodies are merely vessels for drifting alien spirits, called Thetans.

If you are prepared to accept such a tenet (and this, incredibly, is one of the more believable aspects of Scientology) it is a small step to conclude that a dearly missed child can be reincarnated in the form of your next offspring.

And this, a number of senior U.S. sources assure me, is precisely what Preston in particular believes.

Tory Christman, a high-ranking Scientologist before her defection ten years ago, has known Travolta well ever since he joined the sect in 1975.

She told me: 'I remember John and Kelly when they were expecting Jett - they were so excited about their first child. But they were badly let down over his autism.

'I have known many bereaved parents in Scientology who have tried to get pregnant in order to give birth to the same Thetan. As far as they're concerned, it's the same being in a different body - and a healthier body at that. I knew one specific couple who absolutely insist their youngest child is the reincarnation of the kid they lost.

'You have to be seriously brainwashed to believe that, of course, but that's Scientology for you.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...dead-son.html?ito=feeds-newsxml#ixzz0onDsc5S9

T

TheSneakster

Does John Travolta believe his baby is the reincarnation of his dead son?

Without any statement from J.T. to that effect, this is nothing but sensationalist tabloid bullshit.

The Daily Mail is in the same class of publication as the National Enquirer or the Weekly World News - the only people who take it seriously are the Men In Black (see the movie).

Michael "The Sneakster" Hobson
I am *not* anonymous. I *do* forgive.

GreyWolf

Gold Meritorious Patron
A baby is a spectacular trust and a wonderful gift but, I do not believe that Jet would choose to come back to an organization that let him down.

Anonycat

Crusader
http://news.softpedia.com/news/John...n-Child-Is-Dead-Son-Reincarnated-142733.shtml

Michael Pattinson, who’s familiar with Scientology since he too was once a follower, confirms this, saying he knows first-hand that “We Come Back” is the Church’s motto. “The whole ethos of Scientology is that we come back. With Sea Org [the sect’s upper echelon], they ask members to sign billion-year contracts. Their motto is ‘We Come Back.’ It makes sense that the Travoltas would have another baby after losing Jett,” Pattinson says for the same tab.

ED: I saw a Scientologist mom confident she could do this very thing, and named the unborn after the target thetan's previous name in life. the baby is a daddy now himself, but the intended spirit did not arrive as anticipated.

I remember this concept being discussed when I was in, as was the talk of "thetans hanging out in delivery rooms".

I'm surprised that the Travolta's didn't leave as mentioned in the article, and instead found renewal in their new child, for whatever reason. I'd think they just say - once bitten, twice shy.

AlphOhm

Traveler of time/space
Ahh the selfishness of pathetic parents. What they were doing and not doing led to his death. If I were Jett--I would have run like hell.