Words You Will Never Find In Scientology

Gadfly

Crusader
Here are a set of words and ideas you will NEVER find in Scientology:

"critical thinking skills"

From Wikipedia:

Critical thinking is the process of thinking that questions assumptions. It is a way of deciding whether a claim is true, false; sometimes true, or partly true. The origins of critical thinking can be traced in Western thought to the Socratic method of Ancient Greece and in the East, to the Buddhist kalama sutta and Abhidharma. Critical thinking is an important component of most professions. It is a part of the education process and is increasingly significant as students progress through university to graduate education, although there is debate among educators about its precise meaning and scope.

Yeah, and it is entirely ABSENT in the theories and practices of Scientology! :duh:

Why? Because the last thing Hubbard ever wanted was anybody questioning HIS "assumptions".

Interestingly, in Scientology, the word "critical" has almost entirely negative connotations. There can be and needs to be a sensible "critical" view of things - that is, if you have any sort of intelligence at all. Involvement with Scientology disables such an ability, and instead of encouraging anyone to question assumptions, it constantly prods you to AGREE with a great many assumptions.

Hubbard says in the first Student Hat tape:

Critical. Not that criticism is bad, don’t you see; but had developed a critical eye, did not have to slavishly say, “This is a picture by Sam Falk, New York Time magazine, one of the greatest exhibition photographers of all time. Therefore it is holy.” See? Gone completely through that and up to a point where, “That’s an awful good picture. That guy really has a good sense of composition, terrific sense of composition. But what the hell was he doing that day in the darkroom? Drunk?” See what I mean. And I could have put my finger on a point which I’m sure that Sam Falk himself would have agreed with.

That above quote is the ONLY place I ever heard or saw Hubbard speak positively about "criticism".

Last edited:

Mystic

Crusader
There are no words at all in Scientology, only Hubbard-spew, which is disguised to appear as words.

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron
I really like this thread! Thank you all for your input.

Others may have covered this but this one used to bug the hell out of me...

You'll never experience a "leaving the job, moving on" get-together (like in the real world).

After someone has done 5 or 10 years+ on staff never will there be a few drinks, some finger-food and people saying saying stuff like:

"All the best Bill. It's been a pleasure working with ya. We're gonna miss you but we wish you the very best in your new endeavours. Please stay in touch, pop in to visit us from time to time eh. We'd like to give you this small token of our appreciation for all you've done over the years." Nicely wrapped gift is handed to the person leaving, everyone claps and raises their glasses in good-will. A few jokes are shared "about the time Bill..."

Instead people leave after their long-term "service" (slavery) in a cloud of bad-feeling, golden-rod paperwork and misery.

People leave with words like "traitor" & "loser" rattling around in their heads. And not a small-token-gift of appreciation in sight.

Gadfly

Crusader
"personal growth"

The notion doesn't exist. If one actually "grew", then one would "grow out" of Scientology and "move on".

Scientology keeps people fixated and located in one entrapped tiny little mindset (that pretends to be all and everything).

Change (away from Scientlogy) is not tolerated and is always veiwed as "evil" or "bad".

Involvement with Scientology is, simply, so incredibly stifling.

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron
"personal growth"

The notion doesn't exist. If one actually "grew", then one would "grow out" of Scientology and "move on".

Scientology keeps people fixated and located in one entrapped tiny little mindset (that pretends to be all and everything).

Whoa! I really like this! Exactly! :yes:

Pretty much sums up the whole trap of the mind-control.

The idea that "one-size-fits-all" (Hubbard's rantings) to attain "spiritual freedom" is just a giggle. So tiny, so limiting, so circular, so bloody boring! :biggrin:

Lone Star

Crusader
"After looking into it we have determined that you received sub-standard services on that cycle. You can either redo it at no charge, or receive a refund with no ethics cycle or strings attached. We want you to be satisfied."

Yeah...imagine ever hearing that.

Lone Star

Crusader
Oh, I thought of another one:

"If you aren't comfortable with going into debt then don't. LRH wrote that it's an outpoint for an Org to operate in the red. You can apply that directive to yourself as an individual as well".

A Sea Org officer told me this once:

"If you have so much attention on your debt then perhaps you need to change your consideration on it. Debt is a form of Havingness".

Osiris

Patron with Honors
Your Free to come & go as you please (to Scientology)

Only make a donation if want to

Only buy something if you can afford it

You can get a refund of all your Money very easily if you are not Happy ......(Oh they do say that, it just IS NOT TRUE.....) :duh:

KissMyStats

Patron with Honors
Oh, you don't agree with that sentence in KSW #1 ? That's fine. What's true for you is true for you ! Carry on.

Wish this would have happened when my son was questioning the supervisor about something on KSW#1 that was bullshit to him. The supe just made him search for words and he finally gave up and played along, never been back and hates Scn now.

:happydance:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Nobody ever said this. Never even thought it.

Congratulations! You have just reached the End Phenomena of Scientology. There is nothing more to be gained from coming into the org so just go out there and enjoy your life. Hey, if we ever come up with any more advanced levels we can let you know if you want to be on our mailing list. Otherwise, you are free to to leave and don't need any routing forms. You did really great Bob and we were so happy to help you get all those OT abilities. And, hey, that totally exterior with full perception that you demonstrated last night at graduation sure is going to be fun, even if you just use it when you are driving to go take a quick look around for available parking spaces.

ps: There is no EP in Scientology. There is no "VFP". It is a high crime to state that you got the benefit of Scientology and are therefore leaving. A person who says they are finished with Scientology is considered evil (SP).

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron

Nobody ever said this. Never even thought it.

Congratulations! You have just reached the End Phenomena of Scientology. There is nothing more to be gained from coming into the org so just go out there and enjoy your life. Hey, if we ever come up with any more advanced levels we can let you know if you want to be on our mailing list. Otherwise, you are free to to leave and don't need any routing forms. You did really great Bob and we were so happy to help you get all those OT abilities. And, hey, that totally exterior with full perception that you demonstrated last night at graduation sure is going to be fun, even if you just use it when you are driving to go take a quick look around for available parking spaces.

ps: There is no EP in Scientology. There is no "VFP". It is a high crime to state that you got the benefit of Scientology and are therefore leaving. A person who says they are finished with Scientology is considered evil (SP).

This reminds of me of something – which is the direct opposite to the cult…

I worked with a therapist for well over a year. It was hard work.

At the end of each appointment, my therapist would say “when do you think you’ll be ready to come in again?” In the beginning I saw her weekly then it was about every two weeks, then sometimes longer between appointments as I grew stronger. I “designed” it slowly like that as scientology is so intensive and I didn’t want to rush things. I didn’t want to feel I was having a replica experience.

She was totally cool on this and encouraged me to “get out there and consolidate all the changes going on within you. Take your time, rest, relax.”

The last day I saw her, we quietly went over a few things and how I saw my future, etc. She didn’t throw a tantrum that I was discontinuing working with her. She was thrilled I felt ready to go it alone! She said it had been an honour and pleasure to work with me. She had learned a lot. I expressed exactly the same sentiments. We had empowered each other. As a working therapeutic team, we rocked!

We hugged and in that state of honour and respect for each other, we parted company.

There is no honour or respect within scientology. It is extraordinarily disempowering because it demands one cling to it and serve it, slavishly.

cayce-case-um

Patron with Honors
We mean what we say except when we say what we mean.

Remember the billion year contract for SO? Of course many of you do -- and at $50 a week that would come to $2,600,000,000,000 or $2.6 trillion. Of course your expenses would have been 1,000 times that but hey, why quibble?

Anyway, the length of required employment now shows up in SO recruitment literature I got in the mail today where it has expanded into a whole new dimension -- eternity, with no mention of a billion year limit.

I hear eternity is considerably longer than a billion years. Here's the quote.

"While Sea Org members enter into binding employment contracts and are responsible to the directors and officers of the church where they are employed, the eternal commitment to Scientology as a member of the Sea Organization is a fundamental requirement for employment." (emphasis added)​

Source: Mailer titled "We Come Back -- The Time is Now. Rise to the Call." Copyright 2012 CSWUS​

Well, what the heck. It will only seem like an eternity (Elaine, in Seinfeld).

Hypnotarian

Patron with Honors
Confabulation.

Confabulation is the act of trying to figure out why you acted the way you did while possessing insufficient data neccessary to correctly arriving at that very understanding.

Dianetics is an arogantly confident form of ritual confabulation.

Like Steven Fishman saying that he found out the reason he didn't like milk was because of a past life incident where he was poisoned with it.

Scientifical!

Last edited:

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
Confabulation.

Confabulation is the act of trying to figure out why you acted the way you did while possessing insufficient data neccessary to correctly arriving at that very understanding.

Dianetics is an arogantly confident form of ritual confabulation.

Like Steven Fishman saying that he found out the reason he didn't like milk was because of a past life incident where he was poisoned with it.

Scientifical!

Thenks ya for bringing up a word I've been applying to Hubbard for years, he was a 'CON-fabu-loser', grandiose delusions for the prime purpose of blinding the common sense out of people, purely (lol) for the gains of filthy lucre.

As the onion peels~ film at 11:00~ :biggrin:

lkwdblds

Crusader
We mean what we say except when we say what we mean.

Remember the billion year contract for SO? Of course many of you do -- and at $50 a week that would come to $2,600,000,000,000 or $2.6 trillion. Of course your expenses would have been 1,000 times that but hey, why quibble?

Anyway, the length of required employment now shows up in SO recruitment literature I got in the mail today where it has expanded into a whole new dimension -- eternity, with no mention of a billion year limit.

I hear eternity is considerably longer than a billion years. Here's the quote.

"While Sea Org members enter into binding employment contracts and are responsible to the directors and officers of the church where they are employed, the eternal commitment to Scientology as a member of the Sea Organization is a fundamental requirement for employment." (emphasis added)​

Source: Mailer titled "We Come Back -- The Time is Now. Rise to the Call." Copyright 2012 CSWUS​

Well, what the heck. It will only seem like an eternity (Elaine, in Seinfeld).

HEY LOOK AT THE BRIGHT SIDE - 3 BILLION WEEKS OF VACATION!
With the billion year contract, you are supposed to get a 3 week leave every year or 3 billion weeks of vacation. How about signing up and then requestimg $1,000,000 of your vacation pay and a 20 year vacation to commense immediately before returning to work.

If you are signing up for eternity, it gets a little trickier. If eternity is represented as an infinite number of years then you are entitled to an infinite number of weeks of vacation. That is sort of a conundrum, you get an infinitely long vacation which is embedded within an infinitely long employment contract and you will be paid an infinite amount of money but your expenses will be infinitely higher than your pay.

Its so complicated that maybe the best possibility is not to sign up.
Lakey