What's new

Workability, Tech vs. Meth

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
ugh. This just sort of bubbled up off of something I read and a recent discussion I had with a current "in". I'm sick to death of the "but, you know....Scientology works". Fuck. If we didn't have any gains we wouldn't have stayed around to get screwed over.

But...a lot of stuff 'works' by Scio standards. ("wins") I did a lot of work in Silicon Valley during the dot com boom. Crank worked. Programmers stayed up all hours, startups got churned out and ideas were born--meth-born. Shit...folks I knew were reporting crazy stuff that sounded like the OT wins in Advance mags. Don't know about the recent scene, but a hell of a lot of the basic stuff that really put the computer world in motion was built on meth. (and I guess the quality and such has been diluted....the Golden Age of Meth?--blame it on the newbies turning out the shit...the original pure crank was what was awesome, and these new dealers are just squeezing out money and slavery )

Back in the day I met the programmers who did the bumps and slept for a few minutes under their desk before cranking out more code--some of those guys became millionaires. So, wow! It WORKED. The stats from crank during that time period were actually pretty good...too bad the shit kills you while delivering all that cool stuff. The smart guys walked away, and didn't try to get the good part out of meth once they made it. Yeah...it sounds harsh, but--I heard the same 'wins' from the crank movement that I hear from Scio...and, yes, I personally believe that the shit it(Scio) brings with it is just as toxic...you just won't see it physically...it's more a spiritual toxin.

And back in the days--it (meth/crank/crystal) was run by some particular gangs of Hell's Angels who were not necessarily the nicest of the bunch. But, folks who were making their money and getting their "wins" off the stuff could ignore the creators because they were getting the 'good' part of it....it just sounds a bit familiar.

So, yeah...Scientology works. So does crank in it's own way. Hell, I had a lot of fun with cocaine and wrote some cool songs when I tried heroin...but, I don't recommend any of it. If Scientology actually did offer true OT, then I'd think my analogy is total BS...but, it doesn't, so I kind of stand by this here. The stuff I'm doing currently has done more for me spiritually than any of Scientology did...and it is not costing me thousands of dollars, or my integrity. or (edit) my sanity.

And the similarities just sort of hit me tonight.

Last edited:

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
ugh. This just sort of bubbled up off of something I read and a recent discussion I had with a current "in". I'm sick to death of the "but, you know....Scientology works". Fuck. If we didn't have any gains we wouldn't have stayed around to get screwed over.

But...a lot of stuff 'works' by Scio standards. ("wins") I did a lot of work in Silicon Valley during the dot com boom. Crank worked. Programmers stayed up all hours, startups got churned out and ideas were born--meth-born. Shit...folks I knew were reporting crazy stuff that sounded like the OT wins in Advance mags. Don't know about the recent scene, but a hell of a lot of the basic stuff that really put the computer world in motion was built on meth. (and I guess the quality and such has been diluted....the Golden Age of Meth?--blame it on the newbies turning out the shit...the original pure crank was what was awesome, and these new dealers are just squeezing out money and slavery )

Back in the day I met the programmers who did the bumps and slept for a few minutes under their desk sleeping before cranking out more code--some of those guys became millionaires. So, wow! It WORKED. The stats from crank during that time period were actually pretty good...too bad the shit kills you while delivering all that cool stuff. The smart guys walked away, and didn't try to get the good part out of meth once they made it. Yeah...it sounds harsh--I heard the same 'wins' from the crank movement that I hear from Scio...and, yes, I personally believe that the shit it(Scio) brings with it is just as toxic...you just won't see it physically...it's more a spiritual toxin.

And back in the days--it was run by some particular gangs Hell's Angels who were not necessarily the nicest of the bunch. But, folks who were making their money and getting their "wins" off the stuff could ignore the creators because they were getting the 'good' part of it....it just sounds a bit familiar.

So, yeah...Scientology works. So does crank in it's own way. Hell, I had a lot of fun with cocaine and wrote some cool songs when I tried heroin...but, I don't recommend any of them. If Scientology actually did offer true OT, then I'd think my analogy is total BS...but, it doesn't, so I kind of stand by this here. The stuff I'm doing currently has done more for me spiritually than any of Scientology did...and it is not costing me thousands of dollars, or my integrity.

And the similarities just sort of hit me tonight.

Wow.

Captain Koolaid

Patron Meritorious
It's good that you're clean now. I assume you didn't achieve that in a NarCONon facility? :) I've never taken any drugs, not even mary jane. Beer was always enough for me. I'm still having great wins while being hammered. Too bad they don't last...

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
It's good that you're clean now. I assume you didn't achieve that in a NarCONon facility? :) I've never taken any drugs, not even mary jane. Beer was always enough for me. I'm still having great wins while being hammered. Too bad they don't last...

Yeah...I'm a weird one. I actually did drugs for a few months after I had been "in" for years. While I was on the Purif, I kept hearing all the awesome times folks had when they did drugs and wondered what the hell I'd missed out on. So, when I got the chance later and was in-between courses, I had my little experimental time. I guess I lack the drug addict gene or something--had my fun, realized that underneath the fun. it had screwed up the rest of my life (horrifically), and just quit. Re-affirmed my addiction to the crazy cult instead.
:faceslap:

So, the clean label feels weird, because the drug thing was simply an excursion....and was actually one of my first real rebellious acts against the cult...so, it's hard for me to really regret that time in some ways.

Now, it's 420 once in a blue moon. And that's more medicinal in many ways (stress gives me massive nausea, and I have chronic underlying nausea since childhood) and when I do it it's also a giant F you to the cult. But, I'm one of those folks who unless it's really lousy stuff, it messes with my ability to study and I take my grades seriously--I'd actually love to find some lousy stuff to help with insomnia and nausea once in a while, because I qualify for it legally, but most of the sh*t I see around here is gooooooooooood stuff---and that's not where I'm at right now.