What's new

Workplace Ombudsman

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
I'd like to say "I wonder how much they'd owe me" though I would guess that the statute of limitations has long since run out. Suffice it to say, that in my case, over 2 years of staff work, and $5.00 was what I was paid in that whole time.

Neo

Silver Meritorious Patron
Have there been any updates with the Ombudsman's investigation as yet?

Still ongoing. Currently in the hands of members of the Australian Senate. All I can say at the moment. Stay tuned.

Neo

Neo

What's a possible outcome of this? Best case scenario.

Best case scenario = Scientology management having to answer for their crimes and abuses to the Parliament of Australia.

Other possible scenarios being various degrees less than this, such as answering to Senate Committees. Or to the Tax man. Or to law enforcement.

One step at a time.

Neo

Sir Facer

Patron with Honors
Another one bites the dust

:whistling:
Soooo......

In a nutshell, you can't turn up to work EVERY DAY as contracted, do a regular job, pay regular taxes and get sick & annual leave, and be called a volunteer.

And if you are NOT a volunteer, then you are an employee. And if you are an employee you are covered by minimum wage agreements.

Could the slave labour days of the cult be numbered?

This is freaking brilliant!!! Where the hell is JERRY SPRINGER!!! Call that man now!, we will call the show the Jerry SPRUNGYA show for the episode.
The Aust Ombudsmen are also very efficient. I know as I had to deal with them on another matter.
In a nut shell, the more info they get the more they act on it and it usually leads to a major Audit of the Organisations financial Area!!! Get the tissues out Treas Sec:bigcry: and I know how fucked up some of those areas are accross the cont...... The song that comes to mind is "another one bites the dust, and another one down, and another one down, another one bites the dust:whistling:

Last edited:

Yoghurt

Patron
Best case scenario = Scientology management having to answer for their crimes and abuses to the Parliament of Australia.

Sweet. Ok, so let's run with that... they fuck it up and can't justify any of their abuses to the parliament. What do you reckon would follow on from that?

Anne Ominous

Patron with Honors
:whistling:

This is freaking brilliant!!! Where the hell is JERRY SPRINGER!!! Call that man now!, we will call the show the Jerry SPRUNGYA show for the episode.
The Aust Ombudsmen are also very efficient. I know as I had to deal with them on another matter.
In a nut shell, the more info they get the more they act on it and it usually leads to a major Audit of the Organisations financial Area!!! Get the tissues out Treas Sec:bigcry: and I know how fucked up some of those areas are accross the cont...... The song that comes to mind is "another one bites the dust, and another one down, and another one down, another one bites the dust:whistling:

If you have solid intel on financial wrongdoing, or exploitation of loopholes, be sure to anonymously phone said ombudsman and inform them of everything you know. Exes and the crimes they know of are the key to bringing down this criminal organisation.

Neo

Sweet. Ok, so let's run with that... they fuck it up and can't justify any of their abuses to the parliament. What do you reckon would follow on from that?

Does the saying "don't drop the soap" mean anything to you?

Neo

Yoghurt

Patron
If you have solid intel on financial wrongdoing, or exploitation of loopholes, be sure to anonymously phone said ombudsman and inform them of everything you know.

It's quite safe to namefag yourself to the government. I've included my real name and address on snail-mail to various government departments (and they've all replied and followed through).

Does the saying "don't drop the soap" mean anything to you?

Neo
hehehe