What's new

World Institute of Scientology Enterprises (WISE) against vaccination requirement

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
World Institute of Scientology Enterprises (WISE) against vaccination requirement for public school attendance.

E-mail quoted from Mike Rinder's post Wise Getting In On The Boogie Man Pitch. Please go to Mike's post for his full analysis.

http://www.mikerindersblog.org/wise-getting-in-on-the-boogie-man-pitch/

* * * * * BEGIN QUOTATION * * * * *

Subject: Organizational Horror Story
Date: October 03, 2015 at 09:23:32 AM PDT
Reply-To: [email protected]

Dear Xxxx,

The little boy ran down the corridor. The man in the lab coat plodded after him.

Somewhere in the whirlwind of his panic, the boy heard his mother scream. He heard the desperation in her voice. It made his little legs pump harder. But no matter how hard they pumped, he knew the man in the lab coat closed the gap between them with each mindless thud of his clogged feet.

Then he found a possible refuge! It was an elevator, and the doors were closing slowly and certainly. He leapt through the doors and, thank the gods, those doors had no motion sensors. The doors closed and stayed closed. He stood up and hit the ground floor button. The bedlam of the corridor and the roar of the main the lab coat, still audible through the elevator doors, faded to nothing as the car was lowered to the ground floor.

The boy stood in a battle stance ready for any attack, in any form, that might beset him when those doors opened up to the lobby. He was scared but he had to try! By all the gods past and present, he would not let them take him without a fight!

The drama that the little boy felt was as real as the screen you are probably reading this on. What, you might ask, was that little boy running from? Well, lean closer. This is going to seem a little controversial.

The boy was running from medical doctor who was trying to administer a vaccine injection.

You see, that kid was a six-year old who was required to receive vaccinations before he could register into the Texas public school system. That little kid a) had no affinity for needles?especially ones that were about to be rammed into his little body, b) he had no understanding as to why he needed the shots and c) he didn’t take to the bedside manner of the man in the white coat, who seemed about as charming as an African spotted hyena. You know the African spotted hyena, I am sure. It stands about 3 feet high at the shoulder, has the strongest bite of any African carnivore, and is known to laugh hysterically as it rips your flesh apart while it crushes your bones into tiny little bits before swallowing.

In all deadly seriousness, that was the positioning that the doctor administering the vaccines had with that little boy?predator! And the little boy wasn’t about to become prey. No, sir.

All the recent furor over vaccination, in California and nationwide, brought the above story to mind. As a result I did a bit of googling and found that, starting next year, all children in the state of California will need to get vaccinated in order to enroll in any school, public and private. While it is not my purpose to engage in any side of this debate (I am loathe to enter any sort of medical or scientific debate regarding the efficacy or the perils of American vaccinations) a few words on this issue from a WISE perspective are in order.

You see, I am somewhat fairly read on this subject, though far from an expert. I am familiar with every conspiracy theory, with the allegations of corruption leveled at Big Pharma, as well as the PR and marketing being pushed through the media at the behest of the pharmaceutical industry. And while my personal convictions on the subject are very strong, this isn’t a platform for me to vent these.

I’m not as expert on chemistry, biochemistry or biology as I would like to be. I couldn’t tell you which was the hypothalamus and which was the optic tectum if you cut them out and presented them to me on a platter1. But I have learned a thing or two about administration and organization, so it is on this that I will speak.

One of the things I’ve learned is this:

“So we find the and foremost thing of organization, of course, would be a definition of organization. What is an organization? But to find out what is an organization, we have to look at what composes an organization and we find that an organization, optimumly, would be composed of communication terminals2. And if we look it over and find an organization is composed of communication terminals, then we decided that a communication terminal had better have a communication line. So we find an organization consists of communication terminals and communication lines associated with a common purpose or goal. And that is the definition of an organization and that is all there is. Now, if you look for anything else, you’re going to … you’re going to go splat against the walls or something. That’s all an organization is.”—L. Ron Hubbard3

So what exactly does a vaccination controversy have to do with Hubbard administrative technology? In two words: basic purpose. That is, basic purpose for a society, and for a government.

You see, if we were living in a totalitarian regime in some dark and dingy corner of the globe, and our most sanctimonious and benighted leader decreed that all citizens must be injected with Chemical 43 or face imprisonment, well… I’d probably shrug my shoulders and say, “What else is new?” And if our despotic and tyrannical ruler threatened me with the loss of my children if I didn’t consent to feeding them Pill 79J every evening, well… I might get a little peeved. But isn’t that what totalitarian regimes are all about? Such a situation would certainly be an inequity, but it would be an expected inequity. They haven’t committed themselves to any righteous ideals in that dark and dingy corner of the globe.

But alas, I live in the United States of America! This is a Jeffersonian republic if I recall things correctly. For twenty-four decades, this country has maintained that the motivation for its founding was the self-evident truth that we are all created equal. This country exists, according to my grammar school education, because all men and women are endowed by their Creator with certain rights which are unalienable; that amongst these rights are the right to life, the right to liberty, and the right to the pursuit of happiness. The author of some of the founding documents of this nation maintained that the whole art of government consists in the art of being honest. That man also said that the greatest calamity which could befall us would be submission to a government of unlimited powers.

He also said that the principle issue he faced in his day was the same as it has been throughout all history, whether man shall be allowed to govern himself or be ruled by a small elite.

If the purpose of the United States of America is to be a place wherein the citizenry would have the freedom to govern themselves rather than be governed by an elite clique, if the purpose of this nation is to be a refuge from the gales of oppression, the torrents of invasive government and the lightning strikes of brutality, then how do such laws as mandatory injections for the entire citizenry come into the picture? If the purpose of this nation is to be a place where people are secure in their right to their lives, are stable in their right to their liberty, and are certain in their right to pursue happiness, then where does a mandate to force a vaccine into one’s body, or into body of one’s child, fit in?

My point isn’t one of medicine or of biochemistry. The point here isn’t even really that I question the efficacy of the vaccines. Not really. The real point is that if someone wants to say “No, thank you!” then that should be the end of the discussion. At least as far as that individual is concerned. And if the American regime, no matter its organization or form, was capable of respecting the right of any of its citizens to say, “No, sir!” then I would predict a long and prosperous career for that regime.

“Evidently an organization is a number of terminals and communication lines with a common purpose. The purpose associates, and keeps in contact with one another, the terminals and the lines. That’s all an organization is. It isn’t a factory. It isn’t a house. It isn’t a machine. It isn’t a product. It’s not a command chart. That’s all it is. And if you look it over in the light of that simplicity, you can actually form one and get one to function. One will actually function.”—L. Ron Hubbard3

And from that we might conclude that, with a little work, even the U.S. government might start to function.

Well, to bring things a little closer to home, what about your own organization? Is it functioning? Are you sailing on the smooth waters of profit and security? Or does your bow dip below the waves from time to time? If you occasionally wonder if you’ll make it safely back to port, perhaps you should review the original purpose of your activity. Does the present organization forward the basic purpose, or has it veered off course?

If the form of your organization is geared to make that purpose a reality, and if the policies that coordinate the actions in your organization actually forward that basic purpose, you’ll make it all the way, regardless of the weather forecast.

_____

And as for that little kid in the elevator going down, his escape plans led him as far as the hospital parking lot. But when he got to his mother’s car, he realized with a sinking heart that he didn’t have the car key. That was still, sadly, in his mother’s purse.

The medical zombies of vaccination caught up with him and dragged him back into their lair. He kicked and screamed the whole way. This harrowing experience happened a few decades ago. Fortunately, the boy did live to tell (and write) about that long-ago experience. He’s still passionate on the subject, mainly because no one paid him any mind when he said, “No, thank you!”

Maybe he’ll have better luck next time.

Sincerely,

Sakhi Guma
Executive Director
WISE Western United States

1. Two parts of the brain. The hypothalamus is engaged in additional involuntary or partially voluntary acts such as sleep and wake cycles, eating and drinking, and the release of some hormones. The optic tectum is used to direct eye movements

2. A terminal is anything that can receive, relay or send a communication. This term comes from the field of electronics where a terminal is one of two fixed points between which a flow of energy travels. Two people communicating are called terminals because communication flows between them.

3. Lecture of 8 November, 1956, Definition of Organization, Part 1

* * * * * END QUOTATION * * * * *

Boojuum

Silver Meritorious Patron
This seems out of character for Scientology. Just sayin'.

Yes, it's a bit nutty but I can't recall LRH commenting on vaccinations.

CommunicatorIC

This seems out of character for Scientology. Just sayin'.

Yes, it's a bit nutty but I can't recall LRH commenting on vaccinations.
My impression is that this may (or may not) have started with the Nation of Islam.

Even if not (or if so), this is perfectly consistent with the character of Scientology. Consider Hubbard's derision of "medico's." Hubbard's scientifically unsupported idea that 70% (or was it 80%? 90%?) of all illnesses are psychosomatic, and thus handled by Dianetics (and later Scientology). The later idea that one becomes ill ONLY if one is PTS. (If so, who needs vaccines?) The paranoia and non-falsifiable conspiracy theories, and particularly the anti-government paranoia and non-falsifiable conspiracy theories.

My understanding is that the Church of Scientology opposes vaccination as a requirement for children to attend public schools because such vaccinations will of course include psych drugs.

CommunicatorIC

World Institute of Scientology Enterprises (WISE) against vaccination requirement for public school attendance.

E-mail quoted from Mike Rinder's post Wise Getting In On The Boogie Man Pitch. Please go to Mike's post for his full analysis.

http://www.mikerindersblog.org/wise-getting-in-on-the-boogie-man-pitch/

Subject: Organizational Horror Story
Date: October 03, 2015 at 09:23:32 AM PDT
Reply-To: [email protected]

Dear Xxxx,

The little boy ran down the corridor. The man in the lab coat plodded after him.

Somewhere in the whirlwind of his panic, the boy heard his mother scream. He heard the desperation in her voice. It made his little legs pump harder. But no matter how hard they pumped, he knew the man in the lab coat closed the gap between them with each mindless thud of his clogged feet.

Then he found a possible refuge! It was an elevator, and the doors were closing slowly and certainly. He leapt through the doors and, thank the gods, those doors had no motion sensors. The doors closed and stayed closed. He stood up and hit the ground floor button. The bedlam of the corridor and the roar of the main the lab coat, still audible through the elevator doors, faded to nothing as the car was lowered to the ground floor.

The boy stood in a battle stance ready for any attack, in any form, that might beset him when those doors opened up to the lobby. He was scared but he had to try! By all the gods past and present, he would not let them take him without a fight!

The drama that the little boy felt was as real as the screen you are probably reading this on. What, you might ask, was that little boy running from? Well, lean closer. This is going to seem a little controversial.

The boy was running from medical doctor who was trying to administer a vaccine injection.

You see, that kid was a six-year old who was required to receive vaccinations before he could register into the Texas public school system. That little kid a) had no affinity for needles?especially ones that were about to be rammed into his little body, b) he had no understanding as to why he needed the shots and c) he didn’t take to the bedside manner of the man in the white coat, who seemed about as charming as an African spotted hyena. You know the African spotted hyena, I am sure. It stands about 3 feet high at the shoulder, has the strongest bite of any African carnivore, and is known to laugh hysterically as it rips your flesh apart while it crushes your bones into tiny little bits before swallowing.

In all deadly seriousness, that was the positioning that the doctor administering the vaccines had with that little boy?predator! And the little boy wasn’t about to become prey. No, sir.

All the recent furor over vaccination, in California and nationwide, brought the above story to mind. As a result I did a bit of googling and found that, starting next year, all children in the state of California will need to get vaccinated in order to enroll in any school, public and private. While it is not my purpose to engage in any side of this debate (I am loathe to enter any sort of medical or scientific debate regarding the efficacy or the perils of American vaccinations) a few words on this issue from a WISE perspective are in order.

You see, I am somewhat fairly read on this subject, though far from an expert. I am familiar with every conspiracy theory, with the allegations of corruption leveled at Big Pharma, as well as the PR and marketing being pushed through the media at the behest of the pharmaceutical industry. And while my personal convictions on the subject are very strong, this isn’t a platform for me to vent these.

I’m not as expert on chemistry, biochemistry or biology as I would like to be. I couldn’t tell you which was the hypothalamus and which was the optic tectum if you cut them out and presented them to me on a platter1. But I have learned a thing or two about administration and organization, so it is on this that I will speak.

One of the things I’ve learned is this:

“So we find the and foremost thing of organization, of course, would be a definition of organization. What is an organization? But to find out what is an organization, we have to look at what composes an organization and we find that an organization, optimumly, would be composed of communication terminals2. And if we look it over and find an organization is composed of communication terminals, then we decided that a communication terminal had better have a communication line. So we find an organization consists of communication terminals and communication lines associated with a common purpose or goal. And that is the definition of an organization and that is all there is. Now, if you look for anything else, you’re going to … you’re going to go splat against the walls or something. That’s all an organization is.”—L. Ron Hubbard3

So what exactly does a vaccination controversy have to do with Hubbard administrative technology? In two words: basic purpose. That is, basic purpose for a society, and for a government.

You see, if we were living in a totalitarian regime in some dark and dingy corner of the globe, and our most sanctimonious and benighted leader decreed that all citizens must be injected with Chemical 43 or face imprisonment, well… I’d probably shrug my shoulders and say, “What else is new?” And if our despotic and tyrannical ruler threatened me with the loss of my children if I didn’t consent to feeding them Pill 79J every evening, well… I might get a little peeved. But isn’t that what totalitarian regimes are all about? Such a situation would certainly be an inequity, but it would be an expected inequity. They haven’t committed themselves to any righteous ideals in that dark and dingy corner of the globe.

But alas, I live in the United States of America! This is a Jeffersonian republic if I recall things correctly. For twenty-four decades, this country has maintained that the motivation for its founding was the self-evident truth that we are all created equal. This country exists, according to my grammar school education, because all men and women are endowed by their Creator with certain rights which are unalienable; that amongst these rights are the right to life, the right to liberty, and the right to the pursuit of happiness. The author of some of the founding documents of this nation maintained that the whole art of government consists in the art of being honest. That man also said that the greatest calamity which could befall us would be submission to a government of unlimited powers.

He also said that the principle issue he faced in his day was the same as it has been throughout all history, whether man shall be allowed to govern himself or be ruled by a small elite.

If the purpose of the United States of America is to be a place wherein the citizenry would have the freedom to govern themselves rather than be governed by an elite clique, if the purpose of this nation is to be a refuge from the gales of oppression, the torrents of invasive government and the lightning strikes of brutality, then how do such laws as mandatory injections for the entire citizenry come into the picture? If the purpose of this nation is to be a place where people are secure in their right to their lives, are stable in their right to their liberty, and are certain in their right to pursue happiness, then where does a mandate to force a vaccine into one’s body, or into body of one’s child, fit in?

My point isn’t one of medicine or of biochemistry. The point here isn’t even really that I question the efficacy of the vaccines. Not really. The real point is that if someone wants to say “No, thank you!” then that should be the end of the discussion. At least as far as that individual is concerned. And if the American regime, no matter its organization or form, was capable of respecting the right of any of its citizens to say, “No, sir!” then I would predict a long and prosperous career for that regime.

“Evidently an organization is a number of terminals and communication lines with a common purpose. The purpose associates, and keeps in contact with one another, the terminals and the lines. That’s all an organization is. It isn’t a factory. It isn’t a house. It isn’t a machine. It isn’t a product. It’s not a command chart. That’s all it is. And if you look it over in the light of that simplicity, you can actually form one and get one to function. One will actually function.”—L. Ron Hubbard3

And from that we might conclude that, with a little work, even the U.S. government might start to function.

Well, to bring things a little closer to home, what about your own organization? Is it functioning? Are you sailing on the smooth waters of profit and security? Or does your bow dip below the waves from time to time? If you occasionally wonder if you’ll make it safely back to port, perhaps you should review the original purpose of your activity. Does the present organization forward the basic purpose, or has it veered off course?

If the form of your organization is geared to make that purpose a reality, and if the policies that coordinate the actions in your organization actually forward that basic purpose, you’ll make it all the way, regardless of the weather forecast.

_____

And as for that little kid in the elevator going down, his escape plans led him as far as the hospital parking lot. But when he got to his mother’s car, he realized with a sinking heart that he didn’t have the car key. That was still, sadly, in his mother’s purse.

The medical zombies of vaccination caught up with him and dragged him back into their lair. He kicked and screamed the whole way. This harrowing experience happened a few decades ago. Fortunately, the boy did live to tell (and write) about that long-ago experience. He’s still passionate on the subject, mainly because no one paid him any mind when he said, “No, thank you!”

Maybe he’ll have better luck next time.

Sincerely,

Sakhi Guma
Executive Director
WISE Western United States

1. Two parts of the brain. The hypothalamus is engaged in additional involuntary or partially voluntary acts such as sleep and wake cycles, eating and drinking, and the release of some hormones. The optic tectum is used to direct eye movements

2. A terminal is anything that can receive, relay or send a communication. This term comes from the field of electronics where a terminal is one of two fixed points between which a flow of energy travels. Two people communicating are called terminals because communication flows between them.

3. Lecture of 8 November, 1956, Definition of Organization, Part 1

BigBeard on WWP expressed the following opinion concerning the quoted e-mail.

https://whyweprotest.net/threads/wo...rement-for-public-school.130646/#post-2564738

^^^^Idiot. I'm old enough to remember when people literally lived in fear their kids would get polio, whooping cough, and a myriad of other disease that could kill or cripple. Mandatory vaccinations pretty much ended that. And these numbskulls want to see that come back???? They need to be very forcefully told, "HELL NO! IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!"

If they want to play lemming, let them swim out to sea until they disappear. But don't endanger other people's kids when they do.

BigBeard​

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
From Forbes:

When he served in the House of Representatives, Dan Burton (R-Indiana) reportedly held at least 20 hearings to try to force people to accept his belief that mercury in vaccines causes autism. Now he’s pulled down 20 Gs–$20,000 from July to September—as a lobbyist on behalf of the Citizens Commission on Human Rights (CCHR), which sounds reasonable enough, except that it’s a group co-founded by the Church of Scientology. The transition isn’t a big one for Burton because because Burton and Scientology and whacky autism causation theories go way back.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/emilywillingham/2015/10/21/former-u-s-rep-dan-burton-vaccine-foe-now-lobbying-for-scientology-outfit/

Anonycat

Crusader
From Forbes:

When he served in the House of Representatives, Dan Burton (R-Indiana) reportedly held at least 20 hearings to try to force people to accept his belief that mercury in vaccines causes autism. Now he’s pulled down 20 Gs–$20,000 from July to September—as a lobbyist on behalf of the Citizens Commission on Human Rights (CCHR), which sounds reasonable enough, except that it’s a group co-founded by the Church of Scientology. The transition isn’t a big one for Burton because because Burton and Scientology and whacky autism causation theories go way back.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/emilywillingham/2015/10/21/former-u-s-rep-dan-burton-vaccine-foe-now-lobbying-for-scientology-outfit/

Thimerosal was taken out of childhood vaccines in the United States in 2001.

Measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) vaccines do not and never did contain thimerosal. Varicella (chickenpox), inactivated polio (IPV), and pneumococcal conjugate vaccines have also never contained thimerosal.
Influenza (flu) vaccines are currently available in both thimerosal-containing (for multi-dose vaccine vials) and thimerosal-free versions. Now Burton needs to repay the taxpayers for wasting our resources on his stupidity.

Chloe

Patron
I found this today and searched the board for it.
Is this really the view of Scientology? Did you hear about this when you were in Scn?
vaccinations-aaa2.png

Last edited:

JustSheila

Crusader
No, of course not.

If you're really concerned, you can have a chemist analyse it for you.

Some vaccines are made from weakened viruses in small enough quantities that your body develops a reaction to it so that it has an immunity. That's only true for some. You can look up individual vaccines on the Internet to find out if that's the case with each.

Currently, a good number of vaccines are made from pigs or cows, though, so there is a very small percentage of people that a vaccine won't 'take'. The evidence of whether a person has the required immune levels for vaccines is done by blood test to show the levels of each immunity.

I've had the blood tests several times over the years because I was required to have ALL vaccinations to work in aged care, child care and disabled care, since these are the people most vulnerable. The blood tests are great because it prevents you from getting over-vaccinated.

I've never had a reaction to any of them except about ten years ago I got a slight cold after the flu vaccination.

I am one of the few that the Hepatitis vaccination won't take. My system rejects it so it never shows up, even though I've attempted the vaccination several times. It never made me sick or ill in any way, though.

I get sick much less since my vaccinations, too. More importantly, the vulnerable people around me don't get sick from me being a carrier of illness to them.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Is this true? Did you hear about this when you were in Scn?
vaccinations-aaa2.png

That's a satire image, meant to make fun of Scientology.

This does not mean that their real ads don't do just as good a job of making them look like nuts.

guanoloco

As-Wased
Is this true? Did you hear about this when you were in Scn?
vaccinations-aaa2.png

Never heard this as "official" propaganda although there are plenty of nutballs around SCN to spin their own theories. It often starts with "I perceived". When that starts get ready for the whacko.

Chloe

Patron
@JustSheila
Thanks for your reply!
I think I didn't formulate my questions correctly.
I don't believe this myself, but was wondering if this is the view of Scientologists...

@Enthetan,
No Shit Sherlock.. But I thought there might be some truth in it?

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
@Enthetan,
No Shit Sherlock.. But I thought there might be some truth in it?

Scientologists tend to go to chiropractors, herbalists, naturopaths, and other "alternative medicine" types, in preference to regular MDs, at a higher rate than the general public. While I haven't seen any actual policy on the subject, I suspect the practice may have become part of Scn culture due to Hubbard's often-stated contempt for the regular medical profession.

The_Fixer

Class Clown
This is utter crap.

My six month old grandson has recently recovered from whooping cough and was hospitalised a couple of times from it. There was a current affairs segment on TV last light showing a video released by a child's mother with it having a coughing fit a few minutes before he expired. This happened nine months ago both cases in Australia.

My daughter took a video of her son having one of these coughing fits and posted it on Facebook, pleading with parents to immunize their children. It went viral apparently, even had the news crews knocking on her door.

Whilst she had a lot of very supportive comments, there is an anti-vaccination movement out there who are pretty despicable louts. I can't bring myself to call them human beings, just festering turds the way they treated my daughter.

My grandson had his first shot for this at the scheduled time. He was not yet fully protected and got unlucky. He is recovering, but it is a long road ahead. She has since found out that there she should have had a booster during pregnancy, but both these ladies doctors never told them about it, so they didn't know. It would have prevented the whole thing.

We also have a friend here in Sydney with two autistic sons. There are a number of people here that reckon it happened because she had her children vaccinated. The surprising thing about it is it is the very educated middle to upper class people living in affluent areas that are telling her this.

Even education can't save us from the stupid sometimes......

Scientologists do not operate on facts. They are fed an opinion and it becomes fact to them. We see the evidence of this very often. The whole of scientology is based on a madman's opinion, so it stands to reason they would hold dear to some pretty strange theories.

Remember the one that Hubbard said how NOT smoking causes cancer?

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Is this really the view of Scientology? Did you hear about this when you were in Scn?

This vaccination thing looks too over the top to me - probably just goofing. Ex-Scientology humor is quite literally an acquired taste. Having humor that reflects poorly against anything Scientological ist streektly verboten, (see: Joker and Degrader).

As far back as the 70s staff were generally sent to chiropractors or homeopathic clinics as opposed to general practitioners, from my experience. At the time I just assumed this was an attempt to minimize the exposure to evil pharmaceutic drugs and doctors who didn’t factor in the more important spiritual element.

I do not recall there being any written policy or order regarding this although it is entirely possible that there were. LRH was fond of saying there was no “Hidden data line” but that just was not true. There were layers upon layers of hidden data lines and compartmentalization, often directly conflicting with each other. Sea Org units had a Medical Liaison Officer which was generally someone who was double hatted and had little to no formal medical training. I expect they networked closely with each other out of desperation if no other reason and a mutual culture could have formed around the use of alternative practitioners and methodologies this way.

There are stories of LRH using drugs. I won’t go into the litany here but now I do not believe alternative practitioners were used because of LRH’s personal convictions against drugs but maybe to appear to be against them. I’m more likely to think that these practitioners were just cheaper and well connected Scientologists who made money for the church and referred people to Scientology. They probably didn’t perform as many tests and services that ran up the bill and staff medical care came out of the same FPs (Financial Planning) that gave us rice and beans. In retrospect, a very big reason may have been that using these practitioners made it easier to hide abuse and neglect especially if the practitioner was inadvertently part of the neglect itself by not running additional tests or making referrals to specialists and had less stringent reporting or record keeping standards. This kind of thinking seems to be consistent with the way they handled Lisa McPherson. How were they expecting a Scientology doctor to do things differently from a closer non-Scientology doctor? Perhaps the possibility of being declared an SP for not adequately taking the church's interests into account and losing access to their spiritual enhancement for eternity and having to disconnect from Scientology family, friends and professional associates was part of the math?

In my experience as a Scientologist I never had an opinion about vaccinations that was influenced by Scientology teachings or culture but I can easily see how they would get around to it, especially since these may be made by the same companies that make psychiatric drugs and there is already a well established anti-vaccination campaign in place that could be capitalized upon for both opposition purposes and proselytization.

No One

a girl is no one
The vaccination thing was, in fact, a commonly held conspiracy theory when I was in the church, because that is where I learned of it.

Things I also remember and there were something called 'LRH advice' that were for sea org only, that I would hear about and I think I read some at the time... Maybe it was in a Flag Order format, I don't really remember. There was the stuff on fragrances... and I'll be dammed if there was ANY good hair product, especially conditioner, that was available fragrance free at the time I think there was only a few options... man that sucked. there was also stuff that was more word of mouth like the vaccinations, and on aspartame / NutraSweet.

I'm sure there was more, but I can not think of it right now.

JustSheila

Crusader
This is utter crap.

My six month old grandson has recently recovered from whooping cough and was hospitalised a couple of times from it. There was a current affairs segment on TV last light showing a video released by a child's mother with it having a coughing fit a few minutes before he expired. This happened nine months ago both cases in Australia.

My daughter took a video of her son having one of these coughing fits and posted it on Facebook, pleading with parents to immunize their children. It went viral apparently, even had the news crews knocking on her door.

Whilst she had a lot of very supportive comments, there is an anti-vaccination movement out there who are pretty despicable louts. I can't bring myself to call them human beings, just festering turds the way they treated my daughter.

My grandson had his first shot for this at the scheduled time. He was not yet fully protected and got unlucky. He is recovering, but it is a long road ahead. She has since found out that there she should have had a booster during pregnancy, but both these ladies doctors never told them about it, so they didn't know. It would have prevented the whole thing.

We also have a friend here in Sydney with two autistic sons. There are a number of people here that reckon it happened because she had her children vaccinated. The surprising thing about it is it is the very educated middle to upper class people living in affluent areas that are telling her this.

Even education can't save us from the stupid sometimes......

Scientologists do not operate on facts. They are fed an opinion and it becomes fact to them. We see the evidence of this very often. The whole of scientology is based on a madman's opinion, so it stands to reason they would hold dear to some pretty strange theories.

Remember the one that Hubbard said how NOT smoking causes cancer?

:angry: That's awful, Fixer. Please give your daughter a big hug for me. :bighug: and here's one for you, too. :bighug: She's so considerate to have made that video, so caring. She probably saved at least one child's life by doing it, too. That anyone would be verbally or otherwise abusive to her for it while caring for a child fighting for his life is beyond belief. There are some really mean people in the world. Thank goodness you and she are not. You're both a treasure.

People working for a good cause are usually good people. Fanatics working for what they believe is a good cause (without verifying facts with science) can be the meanest, ugliest, coldest, most irresponsible and cruel people. They put blinders on and smash anyone who even suggests they could be wrong. They can watch a child slowly sicken and die with their diets and hokey routines and still insist on how right they are. Fanatics like this love to put on a big show about how kind they are, how soft and sensitive, how down-to-earth, but the reality of the people they injure with their ignorant bullheadedness paints a very different story.

Australia has a big situation with the spread of Whooping Cough, all due to the anti-vac idiots. The last map showing the areas huge in lack of vacs were at epidemic levels. So are some areas of California. It won't often kill a healthy adult, but for children and the elderly or disabled, it is a deadly illness.

There is so much misinformation out there. The blood tests themselves have two types of tests - one to show infection, and the other to show immunization. Those tests alone show that the claims these groups make that immunizations cause infections are false.

I understand about the booster shot. What a shame your daughter didn't know in time to have it done. Even worse, that there would be such an epidemic in Australia that your grandson would catch a life-threatening illness that had previously been nearly eliminated because some bullheaded idiot refused to vaccinate and spread it.

I have a copy of my last blood test of vaccination immunities handy, if anyone is interested. It shows the levels of immunity and when boosters are recommended. If anyone is curious how the test works, let me know and I'll post it. And if Udarnik is handy, I'm sure he can explain the difference between infection and immunity and how it is two different tests and why.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
As far back as the 70s staff were generally sent to chiropractors or homeopathic clinics as opposed to general practitioners, from my experience. At the time I just assumed this was an attempt to minimize the exposure to evil pharmaceutic drugs and doctors who didn’t factor in the more important spiritual element.

Additional reasons:

1) There were lots of Scientologist chiropractors, relatively few Scientologist MDs.

2) A non-Scientologist MD might be likely to call some Scientology practice bullshit, AND be able to show references as to why it was bullshit.

3) An MD who becomes aware of a child being abused, or in danger from neglect, may be legally required to report it to the police or Child Protective Services. The Org does not wish to risk getting the government involved in cases of abuse or neglect -- especially if the Org is directly involved in the abuse or neglect.

Intentionally Blank

Scientology Widow
Additional reasons:

1) There were lots of Scientologist chiropractors, relatively few Scientologist MDs.

2) A non-Scientologist MD might be likely to call some Scientology practice bullshit, AND be able to show references as to why it was bullshit.

3) An MD who becomes aware of a child being abused, or in danger from neglect, may be legally required to report it to the police or Child Protective Services. The Org does not wish to risk getting the government involved in cases of abuse or neglect -- especially if the Org is directly involved in the abuse or neglect.

In almost every state all health care providers are mandatory reporters. Along with a host of other professional occupations such as teachers, ministers, social workers, counselors, and so on.