Worlds most published Author?

PTSPal

Patron with Honors
I was shocked to hear that the church promotes Hubbard as the worlds most published Author (Guinness Book of records -1084). He is promoted as one of the worlds greatest authors and one who made all of his money from published works outside of the COS. This is a bit hard to believe. Has anyone done the Stats on this? How many novels has Hubbard written?

I'm so tired of my scio friends telling me that Hubbard didn't need any money from Scientology because he was so wealthy from all of his literary works. Frankly, I found most of his writing a bit weak. It's a bit hard to believe he is the worlds greatest author.

:unsure::unsure::unsure:

Stats, numbers, ideas??????

Mixxed Up

Patron
I don't know any stats, but I can tell you that I've read sci fi/fantasy all my life. While in the Purif I tried to read Battlefield Earth...it seemed so twisted and vile it disgusted me. I can't imagine it had a wide audience from the sci fi readers. Certainly I had never heard of it prior to scn.

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
I was shocked to hear that the church promotes Hubbard as the worlds most published Author (Guinness Book of records -1084). He is promoted as one of the worlds greatest authors and one who made all of his money from published works outside of the COS. This is a bit hard to believe. Has anyone done the Stats on this? How many novels has Hubbard written?

I'm so tired of my scio friends telling me that Hubbard didn't need any money from Scientology because he was so wealthy from all of his literary works. Frankly, I found most of his writing a bit weak. It's a bit hard to believe he is the worlds greatest author.

:unsure::unsure::unsure:

Stats, numbers, ideas??????

Here's something to begin with:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L._Ron_Hubbard_bibliography

:)

Sydney

Patron
Yeah thats a load of tosh, they achieve the numbers via doctoring up the numbers and inferring that his b-grade shorts and musings not to mention re-published COS works as seperate entities.

If memory serves Agatha Christie is the worlds most published fiction author and I'm pretty sure ole' LRH doesn't even get a look in in the top ten most published. He certainly is not the the most published sci-fi author either, Mr Asimov took out that title years ago.

And yeah had a crack st LRHs battlefield series ewww yucky.

If you want the numbers google it and filter out the ludicrous scientology front groups.

Calling Hubbard the worlds most published Author ... that's like saying Billy Mays is the most filmed actor ... except people have actually heard of the junk Billy Mays was peddling in his infomercials.

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron

PTSPal

Patron with Honors
Yep, its true..I got an e-mail back from them confirming it. They show 1084 publications.

I looked at the wiki above and only see about 20 or so books...that must mean the rest of them are scio trash short stories and Scio books...Not sure what justifies a publication. It could be that each book transcribed into another language counts as a publication. It would be interesting to find out and get it up on the wiki so I can point people to it....A lot of people are taken by the Guinness book record.:nervous:

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
Without going into to too much detail about this thread, I'll just say that I was on staff at ASHO day at Big Blue when this one guy was the ace book seller, but it turned out he had some kind of a scheme going to falsify his stats. He got busted when they found discrepancies between books published and books sold. the numbers didn't jive.

Turns out he had the books in an unused basement room and had been just drawing from peoples accounts to pay for his phenomenal OT ability to sell books.

I think they made him an exec later on, LOL!

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
I was shocked to hear that the church promotes Hubbard as the worlds most published Author (Guinness Book of records -1084). He is promoted as one of the worlds greatest authors and one who made all of his money from published works outside of the COS.

I doubt that anyone outside of the CoS defines greatness by the quantity of published works.

And I doubt that any non-scientologists on the planet that are well-read would consider Hubbard as one of the worlds greatest authors. Frequently, his books (brand new) fail to sell on Ebay for even $1.00

Here's a recent auction where 6 of his books didn't sell for a total of $1.00
http://cgi.ebay.com/Ron-Hubbard-Sci...903?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item588dec70e7

Pretty disappointing for one of the world's greatest authors. :whistling:

If there is a Guinness listing for the World's Greatest Liars then perhaps Hubbard could qualify for that as well? :biggrin:

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Id like to know what the 1084 personal works are, smells off

http://sc-i-r-s-ology.com/copyrights/copyrightsindex.html

CST owns every copyright having anything to do with Scientology or Dianetics, over 10,000 or them,

approximately 90 trademarks

from http://mediaresources.lronhubbard.org/statistics/page01.htm

oxymoron #1 The "Truth" according to CofS

# In his lifetime, L. Ron Hubbard wrote 554 fiction and nonfiction books, an average of 1 published book every month for 56 years—the equivalent of the lifetime work of 32 New York Times best-selling authors.

# And this doesn’t include his 136 theatrical and screenplays, 3 music albums, over 100 poems and lyrics,

* L. Ron Hubbard wrote in 35 different fields:

o Aviation
o Suspense/Horror
o Historical Fiction
o Humor
o Romance
o Western
o Mystery-Detective
o Adventure
o Science Fiction
o Fantasy
o Self Improvement
o Photography
o Music
o Filmmaking
o Criminal Reform
o Drug Rehabilitation
o Morals
o Education
o Administration
o Art
o Philosophy
o Poetry
o Writing - technical
o Seamanship - technical
o Cartoons
o Aviation - technical
o Travel
o Horticulture, Farming & Agriculture
o Religion
o Environmental
o Science
o Sports-journalism
o Animals-journalism
o Military
o History

I have a list of all the 1084 "publications" of "hubbards" authorship, that HE Publicly on the record wrote and we know hubbard never stole anyone elses works and put his name on it. Not L R Hubbard

P.S if you desire to read extended Pulp Fiction on the history of how L R Hubbard triumphed over evil and sinister plots by enemies to mankind visit the above Scientology link( with condom proxy). I was choking at Don Purcell (the intergalactic SP) who almost succeeded "stealing"the rights to Dianetics.

Last edited:

Peter Soderqvist

Patron with Honors
Soderqvist1: How comes that Dan Brown and J. R. R. Tolkien and other famous authors books can be seen, or mentioned in media or elsewhere, but not Hubbard’s? Because they are not bought by non-scientologists!

Time wins approval of libel suit dismissal The Thriving Cultof Greed and Power
Scientology has sent out armies of its followers to buy the group's books at such major chains as B. Dalton's and Waldenbooks to sustain the illusion of a best-selling author. A former Dalton's manager says that some books arrived in his store with the chain's price stickers already on them, suggesting that copies are being recycled. Scientology claims that sales of Hubbard books now top 90 million worldwide. The scheme, set up to gain converts and credibility, is coupled with a radio and TV advertising campaign virtually un-paralleled in the book industry.
http://www.xenu.net/archive/media/time910605.html

Costly Strategy Continues to Turn Out Bestsellers Los Angeles Times, June 28, 1990
Sheldon McArthur, former manager of B. Dalton Booksellers on Hollywood Boulevard in Los Angeles, said, "Whenever the sales seem to slacken and a (Hubbard) book goes off the bestsellers list, give it a week and we'll get these people coming in buying 50 to 100 to 200 copies at a crack -- cash only."
http://www.rickross.com/reference/scientology/series/scien245.html