What's new

Would Exscn forum survive without "Marty" ?

Would Exscn forum survive without "Marty" ?

• Yes

Votes: 29 58.0%
  • Emphaticlly YES! Plz stop posting "Marty"

Votes: 15 30.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • NO! I can't live without his antics.

Votes: 4 8.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lohan2008

Gold Meritorious Patron
I personally find Mark Rathburn a tool (one who lacks the mental capacity to know he is being used) and wish exscn members would stop posting his useless antics/ co-dependecy with the Cult of the Clams.

Then again Exscn would very, very boring without him as the Scilon "playbook" is very limited and has a predictable course of actions, as far as f#ck@d up victims of psychological abuse go.

My question is: Would Exscn forum survive without "Marty" ?

Mystic

Crusader
Was moving along quite well before Marty, will move along quite well after Marty, and is moving along quite well during Marty.

Hooray for water and hoses!

VaD

Gold Meritorious Patron
I personally find Mark Rathburn a tool (one who lacks the mental capacity to know he is being used) and wish exscn members would stop posting his useless antics/ co-dependecy with the Cult of the Clams.

Then again Exscn would very, very boring without him as the Scilon "playbook" is very limited and has a predictable course of actions, as far as f#ck@d up victims of psychological abuse go.

It's good when someone brings here some post from Marty about someone who declared "Independence" on his blog.

I don't like when Marty is being discussed here (and endlessly, too) about how he is this or he is that, and what he should do and what he shouldn't do. :puke:

We think they are silly or boring and they think we are.

If this is way too general, I only want to say that regardless of those kinds of sentiments "we" have and "they" have, it is definitely not silly or even boring to talk about what happens there are what people are saying there. Some of it could be very important, in various personal, and not so personal ways. So just trying to write it all off as "boring" or a waste of time is too dismissive IMO. None of this is supposed to imply that I think that anyone should respect anyone else though. Sorry if that last bit goes again treasured cultural implanting.:)

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
Sekrit..... Keep all the 'marteh' post on one 'marteh' thread, ffs I must agree that all the indy drama needs not a new thread everytime one of them farts.

And the 'hosing of OSA' is pretty fucking funny in a sad, demented way...

*cue 'trainwreck'*

:cheers:

Free to shine

Shiny & Free

As you said, it would get boring again without his antics. There is also a serious side to knowing what is going on out there too.

And wot Mystic said. :wink2:

ClamSource

Patron with Honors
Kind of a silly question really, that also adds yet another Marty thread.

If people were only interested in Marty, they'd be over on his blog and not here.

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Well, ESMB thrived like unwanted weeds before Mr. Rathbun's emergence as Scientology's 'savior'..

Hmm.. I think he's rather important actually!

Because I suspect him of being as much -in- the official Sinister Scam Cult of Scientology as he ever was.. That he is on a big elaborate and daring 'MISSION' for OSA with the purpose of salvaging Scientology.. A revolutiuon!

Because it's the only thing that can or will salvage Scientology!

Scientology's trade mark and identity is shot to hell.. Has been for decades really.. The very name, Scientology, is certain to make their 'products' unsellable and send customers running and screaming!

No remedy for it but a revolution!

A revolution will be entertaining! - It will be made entertaining! A good performance! It will show the public that there are good scientologists and that they prevail after much heroic struggle over David Miscavige who is the bad management responsible for the unjust and bad Scientology. His head must roll and his ass must be kicked! - The positive PR value of Miscavige's head rolling and his ass being kicked is essential!

This is what a revolution will do for Scientology:

After a revolution all Scientology's sins and crimes will be a thing of the past. All the crimes are done by the evil organization that was, and is no more.. The crimes can be admitted to with no adverse effect on Scientology's public image.. In fact they can be admitted to with a POSITIVE effect on Scientology's public image! - Scientology is now reformed and peopled with the glorious and victorious winners of the Revolution, and all is well now!

So yeah.. I think Mr.Rathbun is important that way..

:yes:

Captain Koolaid

Patron Meritorious
[...]
After a revolution all Scientology's sins and crimes will be a thing of the past. All the crimes are done by the evil organization that was, and is no more.. The crimes can be admitted to with no adverse effect on Scientology's public image.. In fact they can be admitted to with a POSITIVE effect on Scientology's public image! - Scientology is now reformed and peopled with the glorious and victorious winners of the Revolution, and all is well now.

And all of a sudden the Body Thetans make perfect sense.

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
Interesting. Having read the opinions presented, I find myself agreeing with SchwimmelPuckel. Here's my reasoning:

Firstly, it's a false accusation. One thing Marty isn't is a squirrel. He's not altering the Tech: he's flogging the same, tired old Hubbardspew.... which means that his only 'crime' is failing to give kickbacks to Clearwater. While the money is very important in Scientology, the appearance of respectability is too.

Why would a cash-rich, reputation-poor organisation like the Church of Scientology perform a low-cost, highly visible black op that further tarnishes their image? They wouldn't. The most sensible option for the cult would have been to buy Marty off, quietly. Marty pockets a few million - barely registering as a blip in the income from the Ideal Org scams.... and he goes on his merry way. The alternative, that Marty is a man of principle, and he rejected such an offer -- and never mentioned it -- is highly unlikely, given that he records and broadcasts everything else.

If Miscavige is a man of principle (haha), and couldn't bring himself to buy Marty off, why not send in his lawyers to deal with the alleged 'squirrel'? They could tie him up for years with a mass of frivolous or not-so-frivolous lawsuits. They've done such things before... yet this time, they fail to do so.

Instead, we get four morons with cameras strapped to their heads... making Marty look good. Spreading news of Marty and what he offers. Granting him beingness.

Either David Miscavige has cracked, or something more complex is going on. Or both. It's not impossible that long years of heavy drinking, exposure to Hubbardism and isolation from reality have fried one neuron too many. Maybe Squirrel Busting genuinely seems like a good idea to Miscavige, and nobody on his lines dares to tell him otherwise. But the Midget is a violent man, surrounded by people who believe that they can and should break mere 'wog' laws for the Greater Good, and for lifetimes yet to come. So why hasn't Miscavige ordered somebody to shoot Marty dead? (He wouldn't be the first obstacle to Scientology to end up dead in mysterious circumstances, after all...)

None of the above: Marty is at large, delivering Hubbardism and making the 'Church' look bad.

Remember LRH: "Don’t get interested in real estate. Don’t get interested in the masses of buildings, because that’s not important." I appreciate that I'm comparing camel turds with donkey turds here, but Marty is more 'on-source' than the Midget.

David Miscavige has made more money than he'll ever be able to spend, and he's discovered that being the leader of a cult is a lot less fun than LRH made it look. Maybe he really is looking for an exit strategy... or maybe some of the people who work for him are looking for a way to get him out. One beating too many... and if you're a loyal Hubbardite, who replaces Miscavige?

Marty. Because unlike Captain Bill, Marty continues to adhere to the LRH material. Why does he do that? Surely, a 'reformation movement' would actually reform and rehabilitate Scientology: bring it up to date, removing the Cold War paranoia and the UFOs, in the same way that protestantism proclaimed its differences from the Church in Rome. Not just "we think the Pope's a bad man for selling Papal indulgences, so we want Martin Luther to be the new Pope..." but a very different church.

If Marty is Scientology's Martin Luther (rather than Scientology's Rudolf Hess - thanks Smilla)... where are his 95 theses? Or is the guy too busy goofing off washing his truck, and the Squirrel Busters?

I smell something fishy -- and I'm not talking about the contents of Baldrick's Apple Crumble.

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
And all of a sudden the Body Thetans make perfect sense.
Yeah.. We have a handle on 'em with that.. There's a very good reason that the BT's always was, and is, confidential 'tech'.. The reason is that 97,5% of the customers run screaming away.. (Looks like only the 2,5 percenters buy it? - There's poetic justice for you!)

:melodramatic:

SpecialFrog

Silver Meritorious Patron
Interesting. Having read the opinions presented, I find myself agreeing with SchwimmelPuckel. Here's my reasoning:

I think a legal challenge to "squirrelling" (and arguably any use of the tech without CoS oversight is squirrelling) is probably risky. If I understand it, the legal case against Mayo settled just after the CoS "trade secrets" claim was tossed out.

Additionally, the Wollersheim case threatened to blow up the fiction of the corporate structure before that too was settled, which could have an impact on the IRS agreement.

Anything bringing RTC, trademarks and copyright into court could really backfire. While I don't think Marty has anything that would put Miscavige in prison it is possible he could damage tax-exempt status, though Marty doesn't seem to want that revoked.

However, I do find the notion that Marty unwittingly helps the CoS identify and track disaffected people to be plausible.

Sindy

Crusader
IMO, all communication forums benefit from interesting current events. It has little to do with Marty specifically. Marty could be trumped by any number of events but right now is the Soap Opera Du Jour, every day.

Throw on a current Nick Xenophon vid, or just about anyone's good, recent, protest footage or "conversation" with a cult member and I'm all over it.

I don't read most of the Marty threads here because I get the info on his blog already and even there I don't really read all the comments, maybe a few, and I'm outta there.

I do agree that he doesn't need his own thread every time he scratches his ass though.