What's new

Would you want David Miscavige on your team?

Would you want David Miscavige on your team?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Karakorum

supressively reasonable
I've been thinking how David got to where he's at now, and part of that was a thought experiment:

Imagine you are still in scn in whatever role you were doing. Imagine you don't know anything about David's role or the decisions he made as leader etc. All you get is a sample of him in action doing something for CoS. For example just this interview:

After seeing him speak,would you think that he could be trained to do whatever your team does? Do you think he has potential? Do you think he would be an asset to your team, or a liability and a deadweight?

Would you bring him to join your team? Or if you were not in a position to make such decisions, would you advise your superior to bring him on the team?

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
If I didn't know anything about DM's role or the decisions he's made as a leader, I MIGHT consider him for my team.

Then again, I might also consider Hitler for my team if I knew nothing about his role and the decisions he's made as a leader.

It's difficult to assess someone's ability and more importantly, their character by viewing such a tiny sample size.

To assess whether or not someone is a sociopath or psychopath it requires much more knowledge than such a tiny sample such as with the video above.

Choosing someone for your team based upon such a tiny sample is risking bringing someone on board that will eventually destroy you and your team.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

If I was recruiting for a spiritual organization or a church (e.g. the COS), I would not pick a diabolically demented dictator like Miscavige.

However if i was recruiting for the COSSSS[sup]1[/sup] he would be my first pick.

[sup]1[/sup] COSSSS - Cult of Stupidly Sophistic Sociopathic Sadists

Karakorum

supressively reasonable
If I didn't know anything about DM's role or the decisions he's made as a leader, I MIGHT consider him for my team.

Then again, I might also consider Hitler for my team if I knew nothing about his role and the decisions he's made as a leader.

It's difficult to assess someone's ability and more importantly, their character by viewing such a tiny sample size.
Well, I'm currently helping to run interviews of potential new hires for my corporation. Its a multi-step thing and I'm just one person in the process.

But what I get is the person's CV, then I get to tlak with him/her for an hour and that's it. Then I have to either say: "I'm ok with him being hired" or "I don't think we should hire him".

Which got me thinking, how many untable people are getting their foot through the door just on the basis of making a good first impression. Would DM have been able to make a good impression on me? Probably. And CoS lacks a sensible process of changing people at the top. Once he got in, the only way to get rid of him was a coup. And he purged or pushed away everyone who had that ability. Or so it appears.