ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Write Your Representative

Discussion in 'Other Locations Pickets and Protests' started by Colleen K. Peltomaa, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Colleen K. Peltomaa

Colleen K. Peltomaa Silver Meritorious Patron

Emma, would you please make this a sticky?

Write your Representative:

US

US Congress

Guidelines on protocol and how to write an effective letter

Canada

Contact your Government

Points to consider when writing a letter

UK

Write to Them

WhyAreTheyDead.net/UK for the facts re CofS in the UK

Communication impinges in the following order of priority:

1. More than one person making a personal visit (with written materials)
    2. One person making a personal visit
    3. Handwritten (neatly and nicely) personal letter (mailed)
    4. Handwritten letter faxed
    5. Typed letter mailed
    6. Typed letter faxed
    7. Electronic communication (needs more quantity to impinge)

Before you visit or mail a letter, feel free to use the ESMB board members to view your script (speech or written text) and make corrections, comments for improvement, validation, etc.

This post is inspired by Escalus and Maggoo postings.

By Escalus:

2. Continue pickets by all means, but recognize that they will have a point of diminishing returns. At some point the street action will be secondary to the real game in the courts and in the offices of elected officials. There must me a concerted effort to contact lawmakers on many levels to let them know not only are there concerned citizens questioning this cult, but there are votes attached. In that vein, politicians backed by DM's PAC or cover organizations need to be outed BIG TIME.

3. My understanding is that a class action suit is being prepared on some level for a kind of clean-up operation in the future. There should be separate class action suits brought by public, ex-staff, and kids born into the cult.

5. Letters to the editor, phone calls, letters to politicians, complaints to existing sub-committees (a good list of this was on Enturb) and professional press releases - when possible - must be a constant. In Russia during the second world war the motto was "Comrade, kill your German" - ours should be - "Fellow anon, write your letter."

Anyone who has already written a letter, please post it here, thank you.

2. Escalus

Escalus Patron Meritorious

3. Colleen K. Peltomaa

Bump. Emma, please make this a "sticky".

4. Colleen K. Peltomaa

Is anyone going to join me in this?

5. Escalus

Escalus Patron Meritorious

I'm there. Preparing a bank of stuff to go week before Reconnect.

6. Pliny Younger

Pliny Younger Patron with Honors

Contact info PLUS a bit more.

There was a fellow at the DC protest(4-12) who is a minister of some church, Catholic, I think. He handed out small fliers which gave contact information to Congress.

This is the same fellow who spoke at the 3-15 protest in DC. He said that he was in contact with Rep Waxman on this subject.

I'd put a link to it (the 3-15 video) but I can't find it. If there is a link to the 4-12 protest with his video, i'll link it.

Here is what he gave me:

The New York Times one asked, "Can anyone stop Scientology?"

The answer is "YES", the United States Congress can"

Have you or anyone you know been hurt by the behavior of the Church of Scientology?

IT IS URGENT THAT THEY INFORM SOMEONE WHO CAN TAKE ACTION, THE UNITED STATES CONGRESS.

Call, email or write to:

The Hon. Henry Waxman, Chairman
    U.S. House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform
    Room 2157 Rayburn House Office Building
    Washington, D.C. 20515
    Congressman's phone: 202-225-3978
    Oversight Committee phone 202-225-5051
    Fax: 202-225-8185
    Email: http://oversight.house.gov , then click on "contact"

Briefly share your experiences with and knowledge of Scientology. If possible, offer to be a witness at a committee hearing. And ask for an investigation of the circumstances which led to Scientology receiving their tax exemption.

This is not an act of religious bigotry or a hate crime. It is the BEHAVIOR of Scientology that is so destructive.

7. Pliny Younger

Pliny Younger Patron with Honors

8. Sharone Stainforth

Sharone Stainforth Silver Meritorious Patron

I'm not American but iv'e written any way.

Will keep you posted as i have written to the Prime Minister here in England and have had a reply stating its been passed on to the Department for Communities and local government.I am awaiting a reply.
    I gave references to both here and exscientologykids.com,for accounts of children growing up in Scientology.
    Also Xenu.net and xenutv.com and Lermanet.com. I only hope they see fit to look at these websites, which in turn will lead them to all the other anti websites out there.