What's new

www.dianetics.org Did you guys know?

Lemuria

Patron with Honors
Wow I checked it out and the volcano came out with a bang! Pretty impinging and the site looks pretty interesting. It explains it and has some videos.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Gee; they forgot to mention Xenu, attempted abortions and re-growing teeth. How strange...

Zinj

asagai

Patron Meritorious
Does it explain about myths taken as real such as the "Piltdown Man" and name or give research notes about all the "Clears" created before the publication of DMSMH during Ron's phantom "research"?

Ladybird

Silver Meritorious Patron
Jefferson Hawkins just released Chapter 10 of his "Counterfeit Dreams" series, and ironically it was all about the Dianetics Book promo.

Here is what he has to say about David Miscavige's "new" dianetics.org site:

Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:20 pm Post subject: Hey, DM! I see you're using the Dianetics "Question" Ads
Subject description: What, you thought I wouldn't notice?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Dave, I just logged on to your brand new "Dianetics Video Site" (www.dianetics.org) and guess what I saw? That's right, the old Dianetics "Questions" Ad. That's right, the one where questions appear, like "Why do you do things you later regret?" and "How can you increase your mind's potential?" And then you get the "exploding volcano" graphic.

Gee, that must stick in your craw to run those ads, after you had me offloaded from the Sea Organization and declared Suppressive for "wasting Church funds" running those EXACT SAME ADS.

And it must be galling to have to run advertising that was conceived and written by a declared SP, me. You haven't even changed the wording. But then, you still use a lot of the copy and ads I wrote for you, don't you?

Well, here's some free marketing advice, unlike the marketing advice I gave you over the years, for which you paid me about 25 cents an hour. This is a freebie.

News flash. That ad was originally conceived in 1986. That's over 20 years ago. When you run it now, in 2008, it looks d-a-t-e-d. White letters on black was kind of new in 1986 - it was a bit minimalist and edgy. But everyone did the white letters on black thing in the late 80s and early 90s. It's a cliche now.

And the volcano? In case no one told you, that caper is BLOWN. Everyone knows now that it's part of the OT III "Xenu" incident. That's where Xenu dropped all the excess thetans. I know, I know, Hubbard said that if you flash the volcano at people, they'll be hypnoitized into buying the book. The thing is, everyone knows that, so flashing that volcano is FAIL. It just reminds everyone of South Park, Colbert, or a thousand other gags on TV or on the internet.

In fact, the whole website looks dated and cornball, in case no one told you. If I were you' I'd offload the whole Marketing department.

Oh, wait, you already did that.

Or is this the product of that expensive San Diego advertising firm you hired last year? If so, you got ripped. They just copied my work from 20 years ago. The work you declared me SP for.

And what's with those graphics - that cheesy volcano and the odd thing that comes out and plays the videos. It looks like something rejected from a cheap video game.

While you're at it, maybe you should offload all the guys in your Special Effects Department.

Oh, wait, you already did that, too.

Anyone left in Marketing? Maybe you should send Henning Bendorf in there to beat them up until they come up with an original idea. If anyone is still there.

Jeff

http://counterfeitdreams.blogspot.com

http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?p=332592#332592

Neo

Wow I checked it out and the volcano came out with a bang! Pretty impinging and the site looks pretty interesting. It explains it and has some videos.

Perhaps you could tell that too all the Dianetics Clears around, they would love to know.

Ladybird

Here are a couple quotes I bet aren't on the dianetics.org site:

Page 24: Drunk driving is an eccentricity.

Rationality, as divorced from abberation, can be studied in a cleared person only. The abberations of the abberee give him the appearance of irrationality. Though such irrationality may be given the gentler names of "eccentricity" or "human error" or even "personal idiosyncrasy," it is, nevertheless, irrationality. The personality does not depend on how irrationally a man may act. It is not a personality trait, for instance, to drive while drunk and kill a child on a crosswalk- or even to risk killing a child by driving drunk. Irrationality is simply that- the inability to get the right answers from data.- LRH-"DIANETICS"

Page 43: Dictionaries are sentient.

Necessity, according to that very sentient if rapidly subject-changing article, the dictionary, is "the state of being necessary; that which is unavoidable; compulsion"...LRH_"DIANETICS"

Page 140-141: Homosexuality is a physical illness caused by having your head kicked in as a child and being run over by a steamroller.

...It is a scientific fact that no psychosomatic ill exists without an abberation. And it is true that no abberation exists without a potential or actual psychosomatic ill. One of the psychosomatic illnesses one would least expect to find as a psychosomatic affair is the illness of sexual perversion.
The sexual pervert (and by this term Dianetics, to be brief, includes any and all forms of deviation in dynamic two such as homosexuality, lesbianism, sexual sadism, etc., and all down the catalogue of Ellis and Krafft-Ebing) is actually quite ill physically...
...A bit off the subject here, but it can be remarked about perversion that the best previous explanation for it was something about girls becoming envious of Papa's penis or boys becoming upset about that terrible thing, the vulva, which Mama was incautious enough to show one day. It takes a great deal more than this utter tripe to make a pervert. It is, rather, something on the order of kicking a baby's head in, running him over with a steamroller, cutting him in half with a rusty knife, boiling him in Lysol, and all the while with crazy people screaming the most horrifying and unprintable things at him...LRH_"DIANETICS"

Lemuria

Patron with Honors
I think on the part where it talks about the sexual deviation possibly being caused by some atrocious form of abuse , is pretty much the same thing I have been hearing from some psychologist. They think that corporal punishment makes people grow up to have sexually sadistic tendencies. This was in the news a few months ago. The ladies on the view were talking about it. I can agree with that part.

I remember my friend's little brother got beat up one night at the bus stop by some gangsters. He got beat up pretty bad and she said his head got pretty swollen. He told her something of the sort, I could put a hot iron on somebody's face right now, cause he was so pissed. I think that rage is contagious.

Neo

I think on the part where it talks about the sexual deviation possibly being caused by some atrocious form of abuse , is pretty much the same thing I have been hearing from some psychologist. They think that corporal punishment makes people grow up to have sexually sadistic tendencies. This was in the news a few months ago. The ladies on the view were talking about it. I can agree with that part.

I remember my friend's little brother got beat up one night at the bus stop by some gangsters. He got beat up pretty bad and she said his head got pretty swollen. He told her something of the sort, I could put a hot iron on somebody's face right now, cause he was so pissed. I think that rage is contagious.

And this equates to homosexuality how exactly? :confused2: