What's new

Xenu’s first public outing: Robert Kaufman’s stunning 1972 testament, ‘Inside Scientology’

RSS Feed

RSS Feeder Bot
There is a new post up at the Underground Bunker

Xenu’s first public outing: Robert Kaufman’s stunning 1972 testament, ‘Inside Scientology’

Robert Kaufman, a talented Broadway piano player, ditched his life as a musician to chase ‘Clear’ and beyond in Scientology, leaving Manhattan for what was then the newly opened ‘Advanced Org’ in Edinburgh, Scotland. He came home a broken man, checked himself into a mental hospital, and then began writing about his [...]

Robert[.......]

Continue reading...

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
There is a new post up at the Underground Bunker

Robert Kaufman, a talented Broadway piano player, ditched his life as a musician to chase ‘Clear’ and beyond in Scientology, leaving Manhattan for what was then the newly opened ‘Advanced Org’ in Edinburgh, Scotland. He came home a broken man, checked himself into a mental hospital, and then began writing about his [...]

Robert[.......]

Continue reading...
I always recommend this book if given half a chance because for me it was the book that provided the tipping-point to me finding my way out of the madness. I'd always regretted attesting to 'Clear' too soon which meant that I had no idea what was in the rest of the materials, and when I saw this book sitting there in a second-hand book store I just couldn't resist the temptation to leaf through it. My hair practically stood on end when I discovered that there was some confidential information about OTIII in it as well as some of the Clearing course stuff. I'd only got as far as OTI and I hadn't the faintest idea what OTIII was all about since I knew nothing about the Internet in those days (this was in 1988).

At this point in time I was blown Sea Org staff and I hadn't been near an org of any description for well over ten years despite harbouring thoughts about paying off my FL bill and getting further up the 'bridge' and regaining those miraculous lost abilities. I bought the book and took it home, and by the time I'd finished reading it I knew my relationship with scientology was well and truly over.

Thank you Robert Kaufman and Rest in Peace.

Last edited:

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
I always recommend this book if given half a chance because for me it was the book that provided the tipping-point to me finding my way out of the madness. I'd always regretted attesting to 'Clear' too soon which meant that I had no idea what was in the rest of the materials, and when I saw this book sitting there in a second-hand book store I just couldn't resist the temptation to leaf through it. My hair practically stood on end when I discovered that there was some confidential information about OTIII in it as well as some of the Clearing course stuff. I'd only got as far as OTI and I hadn't the faintest idea what OTIII was all about since I knew nothing about the Internet in those days (this was in 1988).

At this point in time I was blown Sea Org staff and I hadn't been near an org of any description for well over ten years despite harbouring thoughts about paying off my FL bill and getting further up the 'bridge' and regaining those miraculous lost abilities. I bought the book and took it home, and by the time I'd finished reading it I knew my relationship with scientology was well and truly over.

Yeah man! Similar story except I stumbled across it at a public library in the late 70's with "Miss Lovely's" book, sorry I can't remember her name. Between the two books there was never going to be any seeing Scientology in the same light again and it paved my way out. Gracias adios!

Gib

Crusader

that's too funny, how history repeats itself, myself getting involved in 1987.

After receiving the Debbie Cook email, I was like yay, something is wrong in Denmark. I at the time stumbled on Janet Reitman book at a thrift store. I started reading it and was nervous as all fuck, looking over my shoulder to see if anybody was watching me, LOL. Much like the scene in shawshenk redemption towards the end when Red reads Andy's note.